Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+6
Luca
firecracker
aerwin
frazzle
Green Eyez
Sky
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 1:03 pm

YAY! We have sunshine today........ sunny

On the down side? It's freakin 95 degrees out there and it's only noon Shocked . We don't get that hot in MAY, EVER!! We hardly ever do, except for maybe a day or two in July.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 1:08 pm

Quote :
Although i can absolutely imagine me living without a husband type for the rest of my life (believe me, getting fucked is never a problem..ever..for women,
This is why it always amazes me when women use their sexuality to get a man. They only relate to men sexually and when they get a man that way, they've won something somehow. Like it was a challenge.

It's never ever a challenge to get men sexually. Any woman at any time can walk into any bar and go home with a man. That's child's play. It's getting them to relate to you with their mind that is the challenge. Getting them to be fascinated by you and who you are, not your naughty bits. If they are, you could be wearing sweats and they'd be all over you.

Frazz, do you not want an actor guy? Because I think the best way for you to meet someone is through taking classes in the things you love and at least knowing the other person shares your interests.

You are a very big personality (I mean that in a good way) and normal mortal men who go to these online dating sites may not be able to get the full scope of your personality, which is, I believe, your best selling point. When I have gone out socially with you, I've never talked to more men in my life. You're not shy to just strike up a conversation with anyone and make it interesting. So, I think for someone like you, doing what you love and meeting someone that way is the best bet. If you can somehow find some activity that combines singletons with something you love, that may be the way to go.

Sky, I'm in L.A. where the forecast for today is: Hotter than the fires of hell.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:07 pm

Actors are kids. Forever. Even people like Gene Hackman. Innocent little kids. Fun to play with. But not good grownup companions, expecially single ones in their 50s and up.

Crew guys are actually pretty fabulous (cameramen, for instance). I just do not know them. They hang out in different circles. Actors hang with actors.
Hmmm. maybe I will take a cinematography class.

Weather: it is absurdly hot these days in L.A.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 5:59 am

I can't believe it is that hot for y'all already. It is only in 70's here. I DREAD hot weather. Frazz you look very pretty in your pics and seem fun. So I'm sure some guy is just missing out.

Last weekend I had a stomach ailment. NOW I have a cold. WTH? my son got me a box of dark chocolate for Mother's day and I've not even been able to eat any.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 7:48 am

DARK CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! My very fave treat in the world!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I could ever be too sick to eat dark chocolate!!!

Hope you feel better soon Aerwin! flower I am just getting over a nasty cold too. Walmart sells this stuff called "Mucus and Cough Relief" that works really good!

We had a few days in the 70s and we will be upper 60s the whole upcoming week! Sounds perfect to me since I HATE hot weather! Mad

Last edited by firecracker on Sun May 18, 2008 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 8:57 am

I can't believe we had temps that hot either! We actually broke a record. We usually only get 2-3 days where the temps are in the 90's and that's usually in July.

DARK CHOCOLATE??? Wink If I were to have chocolate, it would be dark chocolate or good chocolate and there is a difference.

Get well Aerwin so you can enjoy those chocolates. I don't want to catch anything.....I leave for vacation in a couple of weeks.........
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 12:59 am

My birthday turned out to be quite lovely. Nothing major this year, but I got presents: gay guy friend took me out (and paid for the whole thing -- last year he insisted I pay part --an incomprehensible thing to me..when I give, I give the whole shebang-- but it was specularity other than that)... this year was much less spectacular, but it really was nice that he took full responsibility for the cost.

I also heard from one of my favorite people on this earth (we regard each other as favorite cousins, though we are not related) and had a delightful chat.

I did not hear from my little brother, and I usually do, which worried me some, so I will call him tomorrow to see if he is OK.

There is still a part of me that wishes my ex husband would just be a good ex husband on days like this and just send me an e-mail wishing me well. But he didn't, as he doesn't.

Got an e-card from a dear female friend.

All in all, a decent birthday!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 5:28 am

Chitchat Images
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 6:06 am

Chitchat 5

Chitchat 10

Chitchat 14

Chitchat 22

I can't believe we missed it! Crying or Very sad Was it yesterday? Well, Happy Belated Birthday!! flower

Glad you had a nice day!! cheers Sorry ex-hubby didn't get in touch. Mad (Well, my ex and I never have anything to do with each other and I am glad about that Razz ) I hope your little bro is OK.

May today be a beautiful day!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 6:38 am

Chitchat Bddreams

Chitchat Bdmusic
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:29 am

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:36 am

Ooops! Embarassed

Happy Belated Birthday Frazzle!

May the Javier fairy grant you 3 wishes! Wink
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:43 pm

!. That Javier come and deliver my wishes in person.

2. That Javier have a much older clone who is something respectable...like a cameraman

3. That Javier gives me a few million dollars a year. Ehen one a year would be fine.

Ahhhh, now that would be very satisfying.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:01 pm

Quote :
!. That Javier come and deliver my wishes in person.

2. That Javier have a much older clone who is something respectable...like a cameraman

3. That Javier gives me a few million dollars a year. Ehen one a year would be fine.

Ahhhh, now that would be very satisfying.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Perfect!!!! You are hysterical! I think I like your 3rd wish the very best!
Now would'nt that be grand.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:30 am

I cannot shake this cold! I have fifty million things to do but cannot get up the energy to do it. And the weather is gorgeous here. I'm tired of being sick.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:09 am

I love that Airborne stuff. It just makes me feel better. You might try that. It's all natural. I also take Tylenol and it really helps with the aches/pains/fever.

Feel better!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:01 pm

Any chance you might have allergies, aerwin? I was sneezing half the morning here. Darn pollen is laying on my deck and getting tracked into the house.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:20 am

Well I knew I felt terrible so I went to thr DR. Thu. I have walking pneumonia. GREAT!! I have a dog trial next weekend with Tristan and Halle so I am hoping I am better next weekend. So I'm not running in my 5k race today. I hate being sick. sux. And it is boring.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:37 am

Oh goodness! I had that once when I was about 12 years old. They gave you good meds I assume so I bet you will be much better by next weekend! We will all send you "healthy vibes and get well wishes!"

Chitchat 3
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:58 am

Feel better soon..........

Chitchat Feelbetter2
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 10:29 am

Aerwin...healing vibes transmitting now....~~~~~~~~~>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 2:12 pm

TY! I have lots of books and BBC tv. I feel slightly better today.

I actually thought my son was going to cut his VERY long blonde hair today , He had an appt. and everything but changed his mind at the last minute. He says he can pull it back in ponytail if he needs to. Lord it is long but I am sure the more I would say the lmore he wll do the opposite. I pick my battles and hair ain't one of them. but you cannot see his gorgeous blue eyes.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 3:17 pm

Yes, Eric's bangs hang in his blue eyes too Rolling Eyes He is growing them out. But I have insisted both my boys get a trim before the memorial service. I promised them after that I would be cool about the hair. I agree, hair is not a battle I want to fight. I only want it trimmed for the memorial because it would bother my mom. Yes, I am a middled aged woman who still needs to please her mom Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:09 pm

There is nothing wrong with trying to please your Mom. On such a sad day, the boys will want to please her too, and they won't mind getting their hair trimmed.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:55 pm

Thanks for that! Yes, the boys say they will do it. Justin knows he needs it cut. Eric is not thrilled about it though. I am not sure how long he plans to grow it Shocked But he is a good boy and even opted to take some classes over the summer to get a jump on his sophomore year of college, so I honestly have no beef about the hair Very Happy Of course, I have always liked long hair on guys anyway Razz But my former sergent in the air force hubby has been giving the hair the evil eye Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next