Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 11:53 am

For fun!

http://www.quizgalaxy.com/quiz.php?id=83

I did my S/N first and Firecracker was defined as one who would fall in an outhouse and die Embarassed Guess I should change it.

My real name was defined as a person who likes to steal tins of tuna Suspect I don't even eat tuna No

Anyway, have fun with it!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 2:54 pm

AWESOME!

My real name:

A master blogger

Green Eyez:

A beat poet working the streets

Sky, the brand name is "ION". I have the documentation with me. Could be they're selling it for less online! Yikes!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 12:17 pm

Like in nature to a train-riding hobo

[WHAT?]

austin:

Full of bees

[I knew I was full of something]
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 4:28 pm

K has REALLY wanted to get her ears pierced for her birthday, (in 2 months), but she begged me to do it sooner. I said okay. I was just a year older than she is when I had mine done.

So, being the obsessive type that I am, I researched the hell out of it and found out that there are supposedly many dangers in the guns used in the mall for piercing. The safest place is a tattoo parlor!

SO, we have many, many tattoo parlors in Austin (all over the place!) One that I called doesn't do kids, but another one did as long as I brought her birth certificate. Took awhile to find it.

When I went in they were none too thrilled. Two typical young, tatooed, pierced, rock-looking guys who don't look like they spend a lot of time with children. "Is she gonna cry? I can't handle that!" I explained to them how much she wanted it and how tough she is.

She got on the table, the piercer wouldn't let me hold her hand, I had to stand back by the door, my mom had to leave the room, "I only allow ONE observer," and the hollow-needle went in. She made no noise or movement, other than swallowing a few times. Then he did the other side. Again, no sound, no moving. More swallowing.

He put these kinda ugly surgical steel rings with a ball in the center into her ears. Praised her for being so quiet. Better than people 3 times her age.

She looked like she was in shock. Couldn't/wouldn't talk. The piercer was in a good mood and laughing as we left. He probably told his squeamish customers about her all day.

Later, when she was feeling more herself, she told me that it HURT A LOT. Especially the second one. She hates the earrings, and she has to leave them in for 8 weeks. But she'll get pretty birthstone ones in August.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 7:56 pm

I got my ears pierced the old-fashioned way when I was a kid, and if you had asked me BEFORE you got it done, I would have said FOR GOD'S SAKE, RISK THE GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't heard of anything bad from the gun. I got my second piercing in the mall. You don't even know it goes in the ear.

The first time I got it done the old-fashioned way, I also couldn't wear the earrings and my holes closed up. I had to do it a second time with the gun.

The other way, well let's just say my mom had to rush me to the bathroom because I thought I would throw up.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 8:10 pm

What old fashion way did you get it done GE? You're making it sound really scary affraid

I got my done at a doctor's office. It was fine. I had to wear those ugly ass surgical posts for 8 weeks too.

I would never have had the nerve to go into a tattoo parlor No
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 10:22 pm

FC, it was TOTALLY scary. They used like a wood block behind my ear and deadened it a bit and then JAB. Holy guacamole. I'm serious. My mom had to rush me to the bathroom because I had to throw up.

With the gun? I WASN'T EVEN SURE THEY HAD DONE IT!!! I'm like "is it over?" The other way traumatized me.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 10:40 pm

I got my ears pierced with a gun. It hurts for an instant, and then you are fine. I would not want it done any other way. What are the dangers of the gun? I mean, that don't come from the sheer danger of putting a hole in your body?
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 11:41 am

I'm sure that in the majority of cases the gun is fine, but there are some people really against it, so I thought I'd try something else.

I had read this: The use of piercing guns, such as is usually used at Beadazzled is entirely antiquated. In the piercing community, it is condemned. The gun causes a different type of wound than do piercing needles but in addition, the piercing can take much longer to heal.

Also, the plastic guns can be very hard to sterilize and some of the girls in the mall have little training before starting to pierce. And the World Health Organization has expressed concerns about hepatitis and AIDS in ear piercing with equipment that is not completely sterilized. The tattoo parlors (at least here) are highly regulated and inspected, so I just felt safer. (As safe as I can ever feel in my little paranoid world!)
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 11:47 am

With the amount of people who get their ears pierced on a daily basis, just in one shop in one mall, I would think that if a lot of people are getting deathly illnesses, I would have heard about it, at least from the people who are getting pierced. Everyone starts a movement.

I also don't think it's like "mall or tattoo parlor". I'm sure there must be somewhere they do it with the gun and it's sanitary.

I do understand that as a mom, you want what's best for your child and you felt this was the best.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 5:51 pm

I know Green Eyez, I tend to over think things. And I'm a control freak; I can't help it! : ) But K read some of the articles and she said she didn't want to go to the mall, so I thought the tattoo shop would be an adventure (which it certainly was!)
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 6:36 pm

If I had a child who wanted her/his ears pierced, I would see if our doc could do it just like my doc did it when I was a teen. Laying on the clean white table cover, sterile instruments, numbed my ears and I didn't feel anything! I don't know if family docs do that anymore. Probably not.

I don't blame you Austin for trying to do the very best for your child. Today my 16 year old was doing outside labor for one of the neighbors. HUGE landscaping job. It was 93 today and very sunny, no breeze at all. He started at 8:00 AM. I went to see him at noon and he did not look so good. I had to go Father's Day shopping. I made him stop. Took him home and told him not to go back to the job until I got home and could check on him often. The neighbors were not home. The work was in the back and if he fainted or anything no one would see him. I have always been over protective and I don't care what anyone thinks about it (and I know people have thought I was nuts). He had a friend come and help him when he went back. He will finish the job in the morning. He is making $100 for the job. I tell you I would not have busted my butt out there today, but he wants this fancy new dart board!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 6:49 am

Yeah, I have certainly been a little over-protective of my kids (especially my older one). It may be because it was so hard to get them (went thru years of infertility treatments), and just my control freak nature. Also I read a lot of news (probably too much) and I know all of the many horrible things that happen on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 6:19 pm

OMG! Have you ladies seen this??

It is from "Britain's Got Talent". It is a puppet monkey singing Michael Jackson songs!! It is sooo funny and cute and Simon LOVES IT!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqRd_4wY8hs

Also, a little while ago my 16 year old rode his bike home from a friend's house and found a Blackberry in the middle of the street. He brought it home and we didn't know how to find out who it belonged to. So I called one of the names of the people who had been trying to call the owner of the phone. Turned out it was the wife of the man who owned and lost the phone. I gave her our name, address and phone number. Than she gave me her hubby's name. I knew the name and asked if she had a little boy. She said "Yes, Carter". Well, I knew that little boy was the best friend of one of my daycare boys. So turns out the woman I had been talking to had actually been to my house several times over the last few years to pick up my daycare boy for play dates! What a small world that my son would find her hubby's phone in the road!
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 12:01 pm

Damon Scott is really good! I loved it!! I hope someone such as Leno, Letterman, or Ellen Degeneres brings him over to be on their show. I think his act would appeal to all ages.

I don't have children, but I enjoy reading the stories of those of you who do. You all are great moms!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 12:18 pm

Oh, thank you Janice! I think we all are good moms too!

He would be great on Leno or Ellen! We can hope!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 1:19 am

My ears are not pierced. Insofar as I wear earrings, I wear the ones that screw on.

I wanna present for having virgin ears.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 2:04 pm

It is time to lose your virginity lady!!

Chitchat - Page 8 Earpiercinggun
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: This last week has been a tough one........   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 12:12 am

A little more than a week ago my 2 yr. old grandson woke with a very sore and eventually swollen knee. To make a long story short.....he's waited a week for an MRI because at first they didn't think he needed to be sedated because the doctors all agreed on what the problem was. He didn't get better so they decided to do one yesterday.

The MRI only showed inflammation of the knee joint. This morning he underwent a procedure to drain some fluid from his knee and they took a little tissue of the lining as well to test. The fluid was cloudy with white blood cells. All this could mean, depending on the tests........some form of infection and they will have to determine what kind of infection to treat it, or it could also mean some form of arthritis and again determine what kind. To top all this off, when he went into have this done, the doctor noticed his thumbs..........she came out and told my DIL that he has what is called "trigger thumbs" and it really needed to be corrected, a minor surgery on the tendons to lengthen them so that his thumbs will be able to be straight! Funny, no one had even noticed that they weren't straight! He now has a hard cast on both his little hands! We went up to see them tonight. He was a little groggy and in discomfort. He was really getting upset because he hasn't quite figured out how to hold his own food with the four fingers that protude from the casts. He wanted to do it by himself and just couldn't quite do it at first or fast enough because he was hungry.
He looked so pathetic. I'm sure he's wondering what the hell happened....I went to sleep and now I can't use my hands as well as my knee, which he calls his "my owe". He'll be fine and we're all doing okay, it's just hard. Children adapt really well and I know he will learn to do things with 4 fingers on each hand without the use of his thumbs, until the casts come off. He had gone a week without really being able to walk or when he did walk it was with a limp. He adapted very well and managed to get around regardless.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 7:03 am

Oh Sky, I am so sorry to hear that Crying or Very sad I know how scary it is to have out little ones sick/hurt/in discomfort. I'll be praying for the little guy. I know he will be fine, but I am sure it is all so stressful anyway. It is so hard for him to understand what is happening. Please let us know how he is doing. I hope his knee is just an infection, I'm sure it is, and not arthritis. My MIL has a very swollen foot right now from her arthritis.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 1:05 pm

Sorry Sky - it's very scary when anybody, but especially a small child, has to go thru things like that. Wishing you all the best.

On the subject of knees, when I stood up from the computer yesterday, (after having my daughter on my lap for awhile), my left knee just gave out when I put pressure on it. I ended up doing a face plant on the carpet. I guess my knee had "fallen asleep" or something and wasn't ready to function? I don't know. Now it's really sore and the tendon on the outside feels like it's moving around and maybe is out of place. I don't even know if that's possible. I really need to quit my tennis team; I think it's time. : (

Hope everyone is doing well.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 1:28 pm

Oh noz Austin!! I hope you are OK soon. I feel quilty because you probably had her on your lap to look at my doll pix Crying or Very sad If it is not better soon maybe you should have it looked at by your doctor. Keep us posted as to how you are doing! Hugs to you my friend I love you
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 2:35 pm

Hello Guests!!!

I just popped in and saw 4 guests on-line!! I wish you all would come out and play with me!!! Just say Hi or whatever!

ETA! Oh, now there are 5 guests!! Cool!

AETA! NOW 6 Guests!! Party time!! drunken
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

Number of posts : 111

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 4:39 pm

Hey everybody! Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I wanted to tell FC, that she is a hottie! WOW! You are really beautiful!

My car got ate up by a car wash machine today. I was literally almost smashed inside the car and they are claiming they have no responsibility.l Yeah and I have a man problem so sorry I haven't been on. I have let it dictate my life for awhile now. I think I should stick to my fantasy men. It is so much easier. I will never understand men....never! I love you all!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 4:57 pm

Austin, so sorry about your knee, take good care of it! Actually, doing something like that sounds like something that would happen to me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: