Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 9:56 pm

That is a tough one since wild bunnies are skittish and won't let you come too close.

Maybe if it is a former housepet you could get/borrow a cat carrier and leave the door open and put some lettuce, carrots, etc. out in there and lure it in after letting it get comfortable coming in and out of the cage for a few days.

May the force be with you!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 4:06 pm

It would be wonderful if you could rescue the bunny, but Luca is right. They are so hard to get hold of. I hope the little guy is OK. They are so cute! We get many of them in our yard, along with the geese and turtles from the lake. We have a bird nest right now in our double entry ON THE BRICKS if you can believe that. The baby birds hatched yesterday. The broken eggs are on the front porch. They are too high for us to see into the nest though.

Let us know how it went with the bunny.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 4:27 pm

Luca, the cat carrier is a great idea. I am certain it is an abandoned house pet. Ain't no wild bunnies in West Hollywood (feral cats, yes. Bunnies, no).

This morning I did spy the bunny in the bushes.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 4:48 pm

I'm pretty freaked out.
Shocked

Today I will hug my children a little more closely, enjoy my blessings a little more gratefully, thank my husband for his love a little more fervently, because I nearly had a very bad car wreck today. The only reason I was not hit was because the drunk driver who ran the red light hit the boy in the Camry in the lane next to mine before he got to me. pale

It was a pretty stressful day anyway; we had the kickoff party for our Summer Reading Program at the library today and as Chairperson for the Summer Reading this year, I've in charge of organizing this party since last October. We had four performers, a whole bunch of different booths, popcorn, prizes, and I was on my feet from 8 - 4 with a half hour sandwich break. So I was already exhausted, and then this truck ran a red light and plowed right into this kid who driving next to me at the same speed I was driving. Then the driver backed up and hit him again. I swerved to avoid being crashed into by both of them, found a safe place to park, and hung out for an hour in case the police wanted a statement.

The boy was on his way to a graduation party. He will spend the night in the hospital instead. No The driver of the truck also went to the hospital. He had a seven year old child with him. She was pretty bruised. I am badly shaken up and I wish I'd gotten the kid's phone number. I'd like to send him flowers or make sure he's going to be OK.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 5:23 pm

OMG Abrahammy!! That is so frightening affraid I am so glad that you are OK physically. I can only imagine it will take some time to get over it emotionally. I so hope that all the others will be OK too. I hope the drunk driver gets his license revoked and spends some time in the pokie. I HATE drunk drivers. One killed my beloved uncle. I am sending you cyber hugs and kisses I love you Maybe there is some way you can find out about the boy in the hospital. Yes, we all must appreciate our loved ones every single day! My boys were both out driving with friends today and I always freak out until they get home. Now my oldest says he and friends are on their way back out Crying or Very sad I know it is the way it is. He is 18 and must live and enjoy life, but I love when they are home!

Drink some tea and get some rest. Let us know how you are doing tomorrow and if you find out anything about the boy. I cannot believe the jerk was driving drunk with a child in the car Evil or Very Mad Makes me mad.

Frazz, I am so glad that the bunny is OK and hanging around by you!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 6:03 pm

Thanks, FC!

Abrahammy, how very scary. That he backed up and hit the kid again is very bizarre.

I am so glad your body is fine.

Hugs are in order {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{abrahammy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:35 am

Abrahammy, maybe you can call to the local hospital and ask about the accident victim and give the time. Tell them you want to send flowers. Maybe they'll be able to help.

It's so weird when stuff like that happens right next to you. It's happened to me before and I know what that feels like.

Hey, if it makes you appreciate your life a bit more and nobody died or nearly-died, I guess you've gotta count your blessings! I'm so glad you didn't get hurt.

That drunk driver just lost custody of his kid.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 8:42 am

Abrahammy, I'm so sorry that happened to you and to that boy. Hoping he will be okay.

Sorry I haven't been around lately but I've been very busy with the kids being out of school and my mom here, and I've started school. Also I've decided that too much time on the internet isn't too good for my mental health, especially when I start getting weird phone calls and emails. Some of it is my own fault, but it is a long story involving a number of people and I can't go into it really. Let's just say, the internet does not always bring out the best in people. But some people known for being assholes, can be nice occasionally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 9:33 am

So sorry Austin. Know you are loved here and we are here for you I love you
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 5:12 pm

Abrahammy.......how frightening for you, but I am glad you are okay.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 5:13 pm

I kept checking this site this weekend, but never saw any new posts...........I finally realized I wasn't logged in! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 7:35 am

Ladies - click on this link and see my son's pic in the local paper! It is from the graduation ceremony! What a cool surprise to open our paper and see Eric! In the physical paper they list the kids' names but not on line. Anyway, Eric is the blonde looking toward the camera and adjusting his tassel.

http://www.elburnherald.com/local_news_education.asp
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 11:31 am

How cool is that FC? You must be bursting with pride!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 11:34 am

Could everyone go to this site: http://www.kmps.com/ and click on the Soulmate link on the left side......scroll down to picture #98 and vote for my Nephew and his wife, for me? They so deserve something nice to happen for them right now. They have been through a lot recently.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 11:58 am

Yes Sky I am!! It is very cool.

I voted for your nephew and wife! (you can only vote once from each computer - good thing we have 5 Razz ) so I will try to get in 5 votes! They are adorable!! She is just a doll! I wish them well. Sorry to hear they have had some rough times. But, their story is quite amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 2:58 pm

My nephew has been fighting the court system because his ex has made it so very difficult for him to have his time with their children. She has accused him of anything and everything to make things more difficult. His new wife is a welcome addition to our family. Between the two of them there are five children (one of theirs together, two from each of their marriages with one being a special needs child). They are just wonderful with all 5 children, which I am sure can be a handful at times but they handle their time with all five joyfully! He has just had back fusion surgery and has been unable to work until the doctor gives the okay.

I really appreciate any votes you throw their way, thank you!!
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 3:19 pm

Sky, I just voted for your nephew and will vote again when I get home. I hope they win those tickets! I think Faith Hill and Tim McGraw are an amazing couple and great parents, besides being so talented.

Those custody battles are so awful when the kids are used as pawns. A friend of mine was reminded by her counselor that her children's relationship with their father was completely different from her relationship with her ex. I wish him success!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 3:34 pm

Thank you for the votes!!! They have been to court so many times.....this last time the results were okay, not all what they wanted but better than he had. She is just making it so difficult. I wish parents everywhere would put their children first!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 3:40 pm

So sorry the ex is causing your nephew such grief. Some people sure are vindictive toward their ex. Such a shame for the kids to be pulled in two. I hope things get better for them.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 8:59 am

I voted for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 12:02 pm

I cast a vote too! Sometimes if you clear out your cache you can vote more than once. A little trick I taught my mom one time when she wanted to vote for Clay for best guest or something on Regis & Kelly.

I just have to tell you guys what I just got! I was with my dad yesterday and came upon something at Costco and went nuts! It's a turntable that plugs directly into your computer so you can make mp3's or WAV's out of your record albums! Is that cool or what? My dad got it for me and it's great, because it's lightweight and only requires one USB connector to your computer, so you can take it with you to, say, a friend's house who wants to make her albums mp3's! The software even lets you take out the noise!

I was waiting for this technology!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 12:39 pm

That is awesome GE! What a cool dad you have! I could sure use something like that. I have a TON of LPs under our bed collecting dust. We no longer have a turntable to play them on!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 4:31 pm

Green Eyes...........that is an awesome gift. Could you tell me what this turntable is called, brand name and such. this is just what my hubby would love to have! Was it very expensive?

Thanks everyone for your votes!!! I won't know until next week if they won or not.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 5:20 pm

Shoot. I don't have the brand because I'm not home. I got it at COSTCO (if you have one of those where you live) and it was only 120 bucks! Maybe "ION"? If I go home, I'll find the name. Fortunately, I know how to use those programs that can split an MP3.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 6:38 pm

Thanks, but I looked it up online at Costco.com. The one I saw on their site was $90. It was a turntable that you could hook up to your computer, so it's probably the same one. I'll have to check the store next time I go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: