Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 5:06 pm

frazzle wrote:
aerwin, you have SHEEP?

Yes I do. And border collies that work the sheep. I did have a horse but he passed away last fall. I did have chickens until the foxes came in and ate them all up. The sheep are pretty cool , they are gorgeous when they are babies.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 11:43 pm

A few of you have mentioned just wanting to have a day by yourself.....wait until your hubby retires................you never have a day by yourself anymore. I use to love it when hubby went out of town on business.........now that he retired early, he doesn't go anywhere! I love my hubby, but I would love to have a day or two by myself.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 11:43 pm

Aerwin................those lambs must be adorable!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 2:27 am

Sky, I totally understand needing to send the hubby off to summer camp now and then.

I am glad you got to go play with your web pals by yourself.

Wow, aerwin, that is positively bucolic! Very cool.

I finally put up a web page for myself as a web designer (in keeping with the frantic job search). I haven't had time to do much with it yet, but here is what i have so far to send a link to people who get my resume:
http://www.elisecaitlin.com
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 5:54 am

WOW! Those are awesome Frazz!! Best of luck to you!! BTW, I absolutely LOVE your name!! Is that your birth name or stage name?

I'm so used to never having a day alone. Between hubby, our boys, daycare kids and MIL in the attached in-law appartment, I am never alone. I do remember one day my hubby drove his mom out to where my FIL is buried and both boys wanted to go with (about an hour's drive) so I had the whole house to myself for about 3 or 4 hours. I was giddy and the first thing I did was BLAST my music and dance thru the house!! bounce Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:51 am

Frazzle, those designs are very nice!

I do get to get away every once in a while by myself, usually because hubby doesn't want to go anywhere. It's usually to visit someone or relatives and then you still aren't alone. My vacation though was great fun! Summer camp for hubbys...........now that is a great idea! Laughing

Firecracker, as much as we love our hubbies and children, having an afternoon, day, night, whatever to ourselves in our home is wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 10:31 am

Quote :
I am thinking that maybe we can get a guy to pay for both our dinners and we can keep each other entertained.

On another note, I have to say I have only been on about five official DATES in my life. Mostly I would meet a guy and have sex and move in together, and then start having dates.

That way of being is no longer feasible (or even remotely sensible) but I have never been good on normal dates at the start of a relationship.

Ooh, a sugar daddy to keep us in the style to which we've become accustomed! Nice!

We are really alike in so many ways, Frazz. I know a lot of women like those first dates and the wooing involved. I find them uncomfortable messes. I'd much rather do it like you do. This way you're totally comfortable with them by the time you're going out and having conversations that involve just the two of you.

If someone wants to set me up, I always tell them to get a group of people together, including that guy, and I'll come along. This way if we don't hit it off, it's no big deal, as opposed to two strangers forced to share a meal and conversation together. I've learned my lesson and will never ever go on another blind date again.

If I had a husband and he was retired, I'd be going on many vacations with my friends. If he was underfoot all the time, I'd want to kill him and I'd get all claustrophobic. If he didn't have friends he could go off with every once in a while, I would be the one getting the hell out of there!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 11:46 am

Frazz, that looks totally cool. If that really is your name it is beautuful. Well seeI am alone all day everyday and my husband travels for work some. So when my husband and son are both here it is testerone overload. Noisy. And constantly eating and drinking. There is no junk food here but they still find something.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:32 pm

Good luck Frazz! Your stuff looks great.

I really enjoy being alone and I always have. I can dance around to my music, eat whatever I want, wear what I want, watch what I want, and be a slob (my true nature!) I wouldn't give up my family for anything, but if I don't have my alone time, I would get cranky.

I was so happy when school started this week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 5:37 pm

Thanks for looking at my page! I will be doing more on it, but I needed a link to give people right away.

I put up some drawings, too.

Today I have to figure out what code to use to keep it from being googled (I do not have the rights to the photographs of the artwork fom LACMA).
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 12:03 am

Holey fuckin' moley. I called my former boss at the art museum to let him know he was going to start getting calls from potential employers. Over the past several months I have sent him a few conciliatory e-mails, but he did not reply.

The phone call did the trick. After he did his obligatory sadistic threat that he might give me bad reviews, we both started to laugh. By the end of the conversation, he was assuring me that he would give me good reviews.

I am giddily relieved.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 6:12 am

I'm so happy for you Frazz!! Good luck in your new endeavor!!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 12:46 pm

I'm glad that worked out for you Frazzle.

I am so tired of waking up at 3 am, or 4 am, or 4:45 am, and not being able to get back to sleep that I got a prescription for the new timed-release Ambien. I don't have trouble getting to sleep, it's STAYING asleep. You can imagine how tired I am after being up since 4 am when the kids are home in the afternoon. Then having to make dinner. I feel bad that I can't give more of myself to them, (although there aren't any complaints), so maybe the Ambien will help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 12:15 am

I am deeply saddened by the death of Lucianno Pavarotti. I loved this man and his voice. He made me appreciate operatic tenors. I knew he was gravely ill with cancer...........the world has lost a truly remarkable man.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 2:57 am

Dang, I just looked at sky's avatar again. I really am amazed that it keeps having this ... effect on me.

What else?

Oh yeah! Pavarotti! What a voice. When I heard the news I dug out some old cassettes (I still have many cassettes) of him singing.

I noticed last week that there are banners with a pic of Placido Domingo up around L.A> (he is the head of the L.A. opera). I had not heard anything about Pavarotti's health at that point, but all I would think of was that I really wanted to hear Pavarotti in person.

Sadly, too late.

I have seen/heard Placido in person, and he is very hot in an old craggy kinda way, but his voice, even back in the onld days did not reach my soul the was Pavarotti's did.

But I would fuck Placido.

See the thoughts Sky's avatar make me have???!!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 7:55 am

Frazzle, I love my new avi too! Laughing

You are right, Pavarotti touched my soul as well. Placido did nothing for me, nothing................ I have many of Pavarotti's recordings and I treasure them all. I even LOVE the movie he made, "Yes, Giorgio", even though it was a bomb at the box office.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 8:49 am

Very sad about Pavarotti. I don't have any of his CDs. I am not a huge fan of that type of music, though I completely appreciate what a huge talent that type of singing is. I do have one of Josh Groban's CDs and I think if god sang that would be his voice! So even though I didn't follow the man's career much, I do know what a huge loss he is to the classical music world and he did seem like a very interesting man.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 10:16 am

I am not a fan of opera, but Pavarotti made me listen. If you get a chance go to YouTube and listen to him sing "Nessun Dorma" or "Ava Maria". The first time I heard him sing, he had me hooked.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 2:35 pm

Quote :
The phone call did the trick. After he did his obligatory sadistic threat that he might give me bad reviews, we both started to laugh. By the end of the conversation, he was assuring me that he would give me good reviews.

Frazz, I'm really glad he went from 12-year-old boy to grown-up by the end of the conversation. You are magical and have the ability to turn even the surliest frown upside down.

I do like the new sexed-up Frazz. Rowr! Thanks for that picture Sky!

Oh, sad about Pavarotti. Did they say if it was because of his weight? I don't know the story surrounding his illness.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 3:23 pm

Pancreatic cancer.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 3:34 pm

Green Eyes..................ah, yes.............the picture! I am glad I posted it!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 4:16 pm

I had a job interview today (web design). The agency that is sending me out is very much like an actor's agent, where you can't get ahold of them until you book something. I have to restrain myself from calling the interviews "auditions".

I do make jokes in interviews. I sure hope they play properly.

The one today really would be perfect for my needs. My two interviewers were young Asian/Americans.

I think the boy fellah liked me, but the girl woman didn't so much. I hope they both did.

Or at least I hope they give me the job, regardless.

I have an actor friend who has a day job as the head of HR at a big advertising agency. I am having him call my former bosses at the art museum as if he is interested in hiring me for a web job to see what they say about me.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 4:46 pm

Quote :
I have an actor friend who has a day job as the head of HR at a big advertising agency. I am having him call my former bosses at the art museum as if he is interested in hiring me for a web job to see what they say about me.
That sounds like a great way to find out what you need to know! I bet he will do an outstanding undercover investigation for you!

Good luck on your job interview! Keeping my fingers crossed you get it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 5:34 pm

Good Luck Frazz!! I'm sure they loved you!! I love you Crossing fingers and toes for you!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 5:39 pm

Good luck, Frazzle!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: