Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 10:01 pm

Oh Aerwin, I can relate. Hubby and I had a stomach virus the last two days and not only that but it zapped every ounce of energy we had. Now, I will really be rushing around to get things done. I'll get there, only to have everything over in a couple hours.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:01 am

Sorry you were sick Sky Sad Glad you are doing better.

It doesn't feel like a couple hours for me. I have a daycare party on one day, the main get together on Xmas Eve, a small one with some other cousins and then right into Eric's birthday celebration on New Years Day. Feels like a week long for me! I sort of feel like the whole process of the decorating, the cards, the shopping, the wrapping, the baking and cooking - it all feels like Christmas. So I see Christmas as lasting about a mouth! Razz I just love Christmas. It's going to be a little less merry this year due to my folks situation though. I am going to try and be positive that next year will be better.

I have to admit I do stress a lot less when the big family get together isn't at my house! I take turns with a cousin. I had it last year and will have it next year. So I just really enjoy the season when I don't have to freak out about having the big party Laughing (or cleaning up after!!)
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:12 am

See everyone is coming to my house. It is stress. Plus Sky is right whatever that virus is after the intial sickness it zaps every ounce of your energy. I am so tired and now I am getting all freaked out because I am so behind. affraid

I've not even figured out what to get my husband. HELP! YIKES!!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:53 am

Last year hubby got an extremely sumptuous and luxurious bathrobe; this year, it's flannel sheets because he asked for them. And candles. Lots of candles. He loves candles.

Christmas is at my Mom's house; she can't travel much these days and will be more comfortable at home.

And in honor of the elegant array at our house, I write

Through the ornaments I see
Kittens in my Christmas tree
Amid the tinsel, glass and tin
Furry mischief lies within

Other moms might sob and sniff
To see their decorations rift
But oh such merriment I see
From kittens in my Christmas tree

Scampering from bough to bough
Shaking limbs and small meows
Living treasures grace my pine
And leave me with a joy sublime

A wash of scattered bulbs I see
On the floor under my Christmas tree
(The unbreakable ones in use this year)
And still the kittens have no fear

I am content to let them be
The kittens in my Christmas tree
The funniest ornaments ever hung
The furriest carols ever sung.

They shall not forever be
They must grow, be given away
So while they can, I let them play

Oh such a joyous sight I see!
So let us sing a song to that -
Peace on earth, good will to cats.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:03 am

BWAH! I would LOVE kittens in my tree cat , but sadly I am allergic Sad For some reason as I got older I wanted cats more and more. My youngest is allergic too. So all with kittens in their trees REJOICE!

How cool that your hubby wants flannel sheets (something you can enjoy too!) and loves candles!!! My hubby is not big on all the candles I love to burn in the house, especially anything floral. He does like the "Fresh Linen" scents and things like French Vanilla or Apple Cinnamon. I got a new candle "Cookies for Santa" that smells like sugar cookies! Maybe your hubby would like that one too! I can go crazy with Yankee Candles!!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:58 am

I love Yankee Candle. I got one of those reed diffusers in July and it still smells great. Lord my husband always wants something to go with his guitars or tools. I wish I could get him sheets. I love flannel sheets but he refuses to sleep on them. He is so hot natured he says they are too hot. Ans of course I am extremely cold natured.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:53 am

Have you guys seen this??? It gets my number right every time Shocked How does this work? If it doesn't guess your number please let me know. I have an aunt and cousins who are dying for someone to figure out how it works!

http://www.quizyourprofile.com/guessyournumber.swf
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:06 am

Abrahammy, I love your poem. I love kittens, not so much when they grow up.

I love flannel sheets in the winter. Hubby doesn't mind them, in fact on cold nights, I think he actually does like them too.

Yankee candles have the best scents! This time of year I like Christmas Wreath. They use to make a Balsam candle that was Christmas all over. Other time, I like Lilac.............. I'd love to get one of their reed diffusers, but I've found with other ones they don't work so well after a while. Do the yankee ones last?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:40 am

You can take a small bud vase, mix in half baby oil and half of your fave perfume or other scents, pop in a stick and make your own reed diffusers. You can also use almond oil.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:07 pm

Kittens in the tree! What a delightful image! Wonderful poem, abrahammy.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:44 pm

I'll try to come up with a Chanukah poem, but here's a touching song from our dear Adam Sandler.

The Chanukah Song
Performed by adam sandler

Okay...
This is a song that uhh..
Theres a lot of christmas songs out there and uhh..
Not too many chanukah songs.
So uhh..
I wrote a song for all those nice little jewish kids who don't get to hear any chanukah songs.
Here we go...

Put on your yarmulke
Here comes chanukah
So much funukah
To celebrate chanukah
Chanukah is the festival of lights
Instead of one day of presents, we have eight crazy nights

When you feel like the only kid in town without a christmas tree
Heres a list of people who are jewish just like you and me
David lee roth lights the menorah
So do james caan, kirk douglas, and the late dinah shore-ah

Guess who eats together at the carnegie deli
Bowser from sha na na and arthur fonzerelli
Paul newmans half jewish, goldie hawns half too
Put them together, what a fine lookin jew

You dont need deck the halls or jingle bell rock
cause you can spin a dreidel with captain kirk and mr. spock- both jewish

Put on your yarmulke
Its time for chanukah
The owner of the seattle supersonicahs
Celebrates chanukah

O.j. simpson, not a jew
But guess who is? hall of famer rod carew- he converted
We got ann landers and her sister dear abby
Harrison fords a quarter jewish- not too shabby

Some people think that ebenezer scrooge is
Well hes not, but guess who is
All three stooges
So many jews are in showbiz
Tom cruise isnt, but I heard his agent is

Tell your friend veronica
Its time to celebrate chanukah
I hope I get a harmonicah
Oh this lovely, lovely chanukah
So drink your gin and tonicah
And smoke your marijuanikah
If you really, really wannakah
Have a happy, happy, happy, happy chanukah
Happy chanukah
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:57 pm

firecracker wrote:
You can take a small bud vase, mix in half baby oil and half of your fave perfume or other scents, pop in a stick and make your own reed diffusers. You can also use almond oil.

I've tried that, the kind of stick you use makes all the difference. Not all of them absorb...............
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:12 pm

BWAH!!! GE!!!!!!!!!! LOVE that!

I cannot believe you posted that today! Someone asked Clay in a M&G if he will ever sing a Chanukah song at one of his Christmas shows. He said "I only know the Adam Sandler Chanukah song and I was all WTF? So THANK YOU! Too funny!

Sky, I have read about people doing that to make their own diffusers, but I myself have not done it yet. I actually plan on getting some supplies on Friday to make a couple. Can you advise me on the right sticks to use? My mom would just love some of these with her fave fragrances. It will be a lot better than some of the incense she burns Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:46 pm

FC............I didn't have a whole lot of luck. All the ones I looked at said the sticks were bamboo, so I bought some at the grocery, and they didn't absorb............ Maybe a craft store would have them by themselves? The sticks have to be able to absorb the oils.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:51 pm

Good idea. I wonder if any candle shops sell the sticks. I would really like to make my own if I could. I bet I can check on-line and found out where to get some sticks and what are the best to use.

ETA: This site has supplies!

http://reeddiffusers.org/shopsite_sc/store/html/page7.html
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:36 pm

Hey, did we drift into Craft Chat here?

FC, that's because every other Chanukah song is really really stupid. None of them are moving or put you in any kind of spirit.

Example

Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
I made it out of CLAY (OMG!)
and when it's dry and ready
The dreidel I shall play

Seriously, Chanukah is one of the lesser Jewish holidays. It got more press to make the poor Jewish kids feel better.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 4:15 pm

Oops, sorry about the craft talk here Embarassed

I didn't know Chanukah wasn't a biggie for the Jewish people. I do see why it was probably tough for the little kids while all the Santa stuff was going on for other kids.

So what is the biggest Jewish holiday? Isn't there a time when you are suppose to be in by sundown on the weekend? I remember dating a Jewish guy and that was a issue.

(Has anyone noticed that spellcheck wants to change "Chanukah" to "Chanukah's" or "Hanukkah"?)
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 5:43 pm

Quote :
So what is the biggest Jewish holiday?

Anything bigger than Passover? That's pretty major.

Other Jewish holidays: Purim, Yom Kippur. Rosh Hashana, Sukkot.

For some Orthodox Jews, the Sabbath begins at sundown on Friday night.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:46 pm

I love Adam Sandlers song!

What is the holiday where they set a plate for the stranger? Is that a Passover seder (sp?) I showed up for a writer's workshop at somebody's house by mistake when they were having that dinner, instead, so I got to sit in the stranger Elija's place and eat.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 2:32 am

Yes, that's Passover. One of the biggies. It's like Easter and around the same time. Unleavened bread, flight from Egypt, etc.

Rosh Hashanah - Jewish New Year - another biggie.

Yom Kippur is a biggie in a different way - it's not a celebration. It's a day of atonement. So, it's really funny when people don't understand and say "happy Yom Kippur!"

I'm not hugely religious, so I'm not very observant of the others.

Abrahammy, you are very informed!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:54 am

Hee. I'm a librarian. We do holiday displays all the time, so I browse through the kid's books on the subjects and pick up the basics. Now, I could not HOST a proper seder without a huge amount of research (and a conversion) but I know what it is.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:56 pm

Hey, for anyone interested in the Reed Diffusers, Kohls is having a Power Hour sale tomorrow from 3:00 PM on and they are selling the $15.00 Reed Diffusers for $6.99. I have the day off and after my doctor's appointment I am going to head over there and see what I can get!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:21 am

I got banned tonight from Television Without Pity forums for trying to explain to the Moderator of the Dirty Sexy Money forum, who had posted a scolding warning, that I had posed a question about what other shows fans watched, with an eye toward maybe finding a consensus so that maybe we could find a way to start an email campaign toward the studios to reschedule this not-such-a-hit-show...the moderator is the insane one that also moderates the Grey's Anatomy forum..which I stopped posting at, name of "TWOP Mars".

I was not even remotely looking for a fight. This moderator thought that mentioning other shows was a sin. I tried, very gently to explain that there was a legit purpose.

Anybody know of a higher power at TWOP for me to e-mail?

UPDATE: TWOP Mars unbanned me, and merely gave me a waring that I was a serious "repeater" of questioning her rules. How ONCE counts as a repetition, I have no idea. Uless she reads minds. I have certainly objected to her rukings inside my head multiple times.

So I won't be posting in her areas again. But I would still like to find a place there to register a complaint.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:45 am

That sucks that you were treated that way. I can't help you out because I don't go to TWOP because I have heard of poor treatment before and frankly I have heard about a lot of mean stuff going on there and certainly really cruel to the artists/stars/contestants. That place is just not for me. I do hope you find an answer though.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:04 am

Quote :

So I won't be posting in her areas again. But I would still like to find a place there to register a complaint.

It's a mafia. Frazzle, those moderators are so drunk on their own absolute power there's just no reasoning with them, and Glark does not interfere. I've been banned from TWoP twice. I just reregister and learn neither to argue nor to question the posts made by anybody else for any reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: