Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 7:32 pm

Thanks for the support!

I won't find out until next week (I was so bold as to ask).
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 7:58 pm

Best of luck Frazzle!

Happy New Year to those of us celebrating!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 8:31 pm

Happy Rosh Hashanah!

To Austin and all our Jewish friends!!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 10:39 pm

Oy gevalt! from the Irish lass who went to Brandeis.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 1:26 pm

Thank you! We only celebrate one day and now I'm off to the Austin City Limits Music Festival (I'm volunteering and attending the shows).

Here's my crazy girl from her birthday party on Saturday. She had already lost one front tooth and the other came out on the way to the party.
Good look isn't it?

Chitchat - Page 17 Kaylaparty07
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 2:03 pm

What a cutie!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 3:06 pm

She is SO adorable!! Looks like her mommie!! Congrats on another lost tooth! Such a fun age!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:24 pm

Austin, she is adorable!!!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 11:27 pm

Thank you. She's a cutie AND a handful. Most strong-willed person I've ever known.

I am just too exhausted to type anymore. Got a blister on my foot that is huge and I have miles more to walk tomorrow at the Austin City Limits Festival. Having a blast (except for the 2 hours I couldn't move tonight because of the heat, etc.)

Saw one of the best, most musical, most amazing live outdoor sets of my entire long life tonight. Muse. It was jaw-dropping. Dylan is tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 6:09 am

[quote]Muse. It was jaw-dropping[quote] I offically hate you. Muse is one of my favorite, favorites. I have never seen them live.use. It was jaw-dropping[quote] I offically hate you. Muse is one of my favorite, favorites. I have never seen them live.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 7:29 am

The only Muse I know is a wonderful lady I used to post at GS and IDF with. I miss her Crying or Very sad She seems to have disappeared. I went to GS and clicked on her name and she hasn't been there in months either. Hope she is doing well and enjoying life!

Anyway, I guess I will have to Google "Muse" and check them out! Clearly you guys are so much cooler than me Cool I am the geek here Laughing I think Aerwin knows all the cool bands and has seen 90% of them!!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 3:15 pm

FC, my uncle died of Pancreatic Cancer. So did Michael Landon. That disease is a motherfucker. It's like a death sentence. How sad.

Quote :
I think the boy fellah liked me, but the girl woman didn't so much. I hope they both did.
OK, first of all, ADORE that you call them boy/fellah and girl woman. You crack me up. Second, how could anyone NOT adore you? Silly girl woman!

I know of "Muse". It's funny, because there's never been anyone where I totally love the beginning of the song a LOT and by the end I'm screaming for it to be turned off. I don't know if it's the deep breaths or the over-blown kinda feeling I get. I do know there's one song where for the last 30 seconds or so he repeats the same phrase over and over until I want to stab myself in the ear with a sharp object.

Oops. Sorry if I'm offending anyone. I can certainly see the appeal of Muse. Like I said, if I'm flipping stations and I hear him, I will stop. It's only at the end where it all goes wrong for me.

Cute kid, Austin!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 7:15 pm

Thanks GE.

You're certainly not offending me about Muse, since I'm fairly new to them. But I just wanted to let you know how incredible their live show is/was. I've seen a lot of concerts and it was just great. If you go to their myspace there are lots of comments about the shows in Austin and Dallas (last night). BTW, they're playing in Irvine this weekend before they head for Russia (I think it's Friday night, which I told my brother about, although it's the night before Yom Kippur). Muse commercial is over!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 1:18 pm

Holy Crap!! Listen to the voice on this 7 year old boy!! Shocked

What a little cutie pie too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR2rvxSUr7w
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 5:01 pm

OMG!! What a talented cutie!! Amazing voice!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 11:19 am

OK, I am going to come in here and whine a little bit about how the world just ain't fair and have a childish little tantrum, and then it will be all out of my system and I won't have to think about it any more.

This has been the most challenging year of my entire professional career. I was the Chairperson of the Summer Reading Club Committee for the entire Library system (without benefit of ever having served on the Committee before), I was the host and primary co-ordinator for our televised story time, plus being the storyteller for nearly a quarter of the episodes, I rewrote an article for a co-worker that will be appearing in American Libraries later this year, I weeded the largest section of the book collection (twice the size of anybody elses' area) and I wrote a biweekly column for the newspaper. That's on top of all my regular work.

I got a "distinguished" rating on my evaluation - it's the highest rating they give, and supervisor have to get approval from the library director to give that out. It's the best evaluation I've ever had, and I deserved it.

I just found out they are not giving out merit raises this year. Or any other kind of raise, either. I've got a co-worker in my department whose skills are so weak, when we have big programs in the morning on my night to work, I have to come in on those mornings and switch with her because I can do the work and she can't.

This year we are getting exactly the same raise, (none) and since she has been in the system longer than I have, she will continue to make more money than I do.

I have been told that they will not be considering me for the Management Training Program because (get this) that's reserved for people who need the training, and I don't really, I've already got the skills, but the people who get promoted to management have been coming from the Management Training Program.

On top of everything else, today was supposed to be my fifth day in a nine day stretch (They can't let me be off on Monday because I have to report on the Summer Reading Club) but I had to come home because I'm sick, too.

Yes, I know life isn't fair, and tomorrow I will remember that I usually praise God every day that I have been blessed with a very enjoyable, interesting and meaningful job that I'm good at. Most people are not able to say that. Today, however, I'm going to be sick and pout.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 4:01 pm

You vent anytime, because Chitchat - Page 17 ThItsNotFair.

You are one busy, talented lady! I feel they should reward you for your efforts and great job.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 4:38 pm

You are amazing Abrahammy and at least they recognize it in writing if not in money. Sorry they're not treating you right. Are there any options for moving to another library system?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 4:42 pm

Gosh Abrahammy, I am so sorry about all of that Sad . Where my hubby works they haven't given out merits raises in a long time. It really sucks. In my husband's case when he works really long and hard on a project he gets gift cards. Sometimes for restaurants, sometimes American Express. At least it is a little something for his extra effort. But hubby is already about as high as he can go. I think them not putting you in the management training program is total BS. If that is were they pull people for management level positions you should be in it.

I was in the exact same position as you where I was a much better worker than someone who had been there longer than me and she made much more money - that is until the finally fired her lazy ass! But in the meantime watching her chat on the phone with personal calls while I busted my butt and I knew she was making WAY more - it was very upsetting.

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. I guess you should think about how much good you did for the kids this summer with all your hard work and efforts. Doing things to make the world a little better for kids is always something to take HUGE pride in and consider the light in their eyes your reward for now. I just wish that could pay the bills!

Oh, and get well soon! sunny
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:45 pm

Quote :

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better.

Firecracker, and Austin, and Sky, my friends, your support and encouraging words were exactly what I needed to make me feel better; that's what I needed, that's why I vented here. And tomorrow I will go to work and give my best because work is simply more fun and more rewarding when I give everything I have to it, raise or no raise. Today I needed a pep talk. Thank you, everyone.

Austin, will I see you next week? I think at this point seeing you is the big attraction to Greekfest...
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:54 pm

Your welcome!! I love you We'll always be here for you!

I'm glad you are going to the Greek festival! Guess what - I am watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding right now (for the first time Embarassed ) and I'm thinking the Greek festivals must be great fun Razz
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 8:04 pm

Oh FC, I wish I had your eloquence!

That is very sweet Abrahammy. I am a bigger attraction than Constantine. Gotta love it. Thank you.

I am still thinking of going. I have a cheap hotel room and I ordered my tix. Neither of my 2 Austin friends are going to make it probably. My one friend who's my age and who was there last year is afraid to ask her DH. He gives her a very hard time about anything to do with C. She was writing some kind of fan fic last year on the BB and her DH read it and was VERY upset and apparently doesn't quite trust her. The other friend is the one who had the little thing going on with C and she really has NO desire to see him; just wanted to see some friends, but now she's saying she can't afford it.

I have just about gotten to the point where I have no desire to see him. After seeing Butch Walker at ACL, well...ask Aerwin. I've been participating on the Butch thread at another board.

Also I haven't been feeling very good myself, very achy and yucky. We should exchange cell phone numbers at least so, if I show up we can say "hi"! Do you remember us standing with our daughters last year waiting for him to sign something for them?

That girl who yelled at me a few months ago wants to see me too. Maybe you can protect me from her! She'll be the 6 foot tall woman who's following me.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 9:05 pm

Aw, thanks Austin I love you

I hope you guys can work it out and go and see each other. Will you bring your daughters again? How cute that they got to meet each other!

Man, I can't believe someone let herself get caught writing fanfic Shocked My hubby is so cool about my crush on Clay, but I don't know how he would feel if I was someone who wrote fanfic. I think he would be a bit upset. Of course I would never write that stuff. I don't even read it Razz I'm not one for hubby's that stop their wives from going to concerts etc., but I might understand how he feels after finding out she writes sexual material about him.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 11:23 pm

abrahammy wrote:
Quote :

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better.

Firecracker, and Austin, and Sky, my friends, your support and encouraging words were exactly what I needed to make me feel better; that's what I needed, that's why I vented here. And tomorrow I will go to work and give my best because work is simply more fun and more rewarding when I give everything I have to it, raise or no raise. Today I needed a pep talk. Thank you, everyone.

Austin, will I see you next week? I think at this point seeing you is the big attraction to Greekfest...

It always helps to vent.......and have it received by people that will reaffirm your feelings. It's tough when you know you do a better job than another person and they are acknowledged more than you are, when you are doing most of the work.

Our Greek Festival is this weekend too, but no celebs or 'want to be' celebs at this one!! I'm not sure we're going but I'd love to go and have my favorite soup!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 8:16 am

I noticed Austin said upthread she feels yucky and achy. I do too. About every other week I feel so achy like I am coming down with something. It is weird. I am almost 43. But I run six days a week , do yoga, lift weights. I am a vegeterian and eat almost no processed foods. I make everything myself. I don't know what the hell else to do. has anyone else had this? Help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: