Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 12:10 pm

Chitchat - Page 26 Beer-bottle-treeSmall

Eeek! What are those????Booze bottles? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 12:20 pm

Yep! Twisted Evil Santa is so gonna love goint to that house! Beats milk and cookies no??
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 1:27 pm

They are beer bottles and did you notice the star on top? It looks like it's made from the bottle caps!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 2:10 pm

I thought so about the star! I thought the bottles were Heineken Beer. Not that we ever have those bottles here Wink
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 3:01 pm

Geez! I hope those bottles were cleaned well before the making of the tree...because...that would be one smelly tree otherwise.

Has anyone sent that picture to Jeff Foxworthy?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 7:38 am

HAPPY CHANUHAH!!

To all our Jewish friends!!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:16 am

You know what I am kind of melancholy this year. My Dad has been gone 4 years , my grandmum 3 and grandpa 1. I really miss them all terribly this time of year. Sometimes I wish I could just stop time. Thank goodness my Mum is still here in great health. I hope she stays around a long time. She is only 63 so that's still young, right? I just miss them all so much. I wish I had Hiro's powers from Heroes, so I could go back and see them. One thing I do know is this I never take anyone for granted.Sorry to be such a Debby Downer but I am sad today.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:41 am

I think for many of us the holidays are a time for reflection and about family, so it is inevitable that they are often bittersweet. I think we all have our melancholy moments this time of year. You are not alone my lady.

I love "Mum"! Are you European or Canadian?

Last edited by on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:59 am

No I am not European or Candian just Southern. BUT my Grandmum was English and Grandpa was Scottish. I still say some British Lingo I guess. Even though I have an EXTREME Southern accent.It is weird combo I guess. My son has picked up some of my phrases too. Sometimes even now my husband will say "what"??
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 9:01 am

So sorry you are feeling blue Aerwin Crying or Very sad I can relate. Even though my folks are still alive, they will not be at the family Christmas Eve gathering. I just had my first Thanksgiving in my whole life without them, and this will be my first Christmas Eve without them Crying or Very sad My mom always brought lots of little surprises for me on Xmas Eve (I am an only child) in these fancy and adorable little gift bags. Some things silly, some fancy. She would get such a kick out of watching me open them! I would give her little surprises too and she would act like a little kid! My mom said she is just not even thinking about Christmas this year. She isn't even going to send out cards. Christmas Eve has always been my fave day of the year, and I just know it is going to feel so strange not having them there.

I also always wondered about "mum". Are you English by chance? I always think of you with a Southern accent since you are in Georgia, and Irish because of your red hair!

You are so right to appreciate everybody, everyday! We just never know how long we will have our loved ones Sad

ETA: Oops! You answered some of the questions as I was typing Razz
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 11:17 am

63 is spring chicken age.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 1:23 pm

I try to remain OK during this time, but...yeah. Chanukah is kind of a non-holiday for the adults. None of the hoopla. Part of me is grateful for that. My family gets together for a holiday dinner and that's it. I'm very low-key like that, so I'm fine. My birthday falling during the holiday season doesn't help with the mood. Uck.

Aerwin, I miss my grandparents almost constantly. TG my parents are both still here.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 1:53 pm

Oh, Happy Almost Birthday GE!!

I never got to know my grandparents. They all died young. The only one alive when I was born was my dad's dad and he died when I was 6. I always felt I missed out on something so special Crying or Very sad Most people I know adored their grandparents and were close to them. I never got to have that. No siblings either. I have no nieces or nephews. It is a good thing I have lots of cousins that I am close to!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:27 pm

I got a kick out my grandparents (mother's side...Dad's side died young).

My grandmother was a showgirl (Vaudeville, I believe) in her youth, and quite a flamboyant hostess by the time I knew her. My current short big boobed, big stomach, skinny hipped body is quite like hers. I wish I had some of her clothes! Pretty swank. My grandfather was a very taciturn dentist who looked sort of like Max von Sydow (tall, skinny, gaunt, pale) but had a most bizarre sense of humor...used to eat sticks of butter to freak us kids out at Thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:37 pm

Oh how fun they sound!! You must have had a blast growing up with them in your life!!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 10:32 pm

Asking for good vibes tomorrow. My mother was diagnosed with an aneurysm in her stomach and the operation is bright and early tomorrow morning. This is the operation that killed my grandmother, but this was almost 30 years ago and medical science has progressed greatly since then. I will be going to the hospital at around 5 am.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 10:39 pm

Wow, abrahammy! White light, best wishes, and may the forces of goodness and health be with you both!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 10:56 pm

I hope all goes well with your mother Abrahammy. Sorry to hear she has to have such a serious surgery.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 11:00 pm

My thoughts and prayers will be going out to your Mother, Abahammy.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 11:03 pm

I sure am thankful for this nice quiet board. I was just witness to a forum where one of the staff just dug their grave.............not pretty. I don't post there anymore and haven't for some time, I go to lurk.....well, I did anyway, until it was shut down. Whether it comes back or not is something else.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 1:10 am

Abrahammy, crossing fingers and toes for your mom!

Frazz, I'd totally love to see you in those vaudeville costumes!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 5:30 am

Praying for my dear sweet Abrahammy and her mom. So sorry this happened. But you are right. Surgeons can do simply amazing things now! Please let us know as soon as you can that all is well! I love you

I agree Sky. This is a wonderful place! Sorry about your other board falling apart. Was it a JD board that I would be familiar with?
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 7:51 am

Sky wrote:
Quote :
I sure am thankful for this nice quiet board. I was just witness to a forum where one of the staff just dug their grave.............not pretty. I don't post there anymore and haven't for some time, I go to lurk.....well, I did anyway, until it was shut down. Whether it comes back or not is something else.
I wonder why so many fanboards tend to attract extreme personalities that seem to love to stir up trouble and draw attention to themselves?

I am also thankful for our nice, quiet board and the people here who all seem to be kind, stable, reasonable individuals. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 9:49 am

It was not MY board...........it seems to be back up this morning with a few posts missing and two staff (more than likely ex-staff) members names missing and their posts have been named Thelma and Louise. Yes, FC you'd recognize the boards name. I am not the least bit sorry, they dug their own grave, it's a Karma thing! So many posters left that board a few years ago for the same reasons, it's like a pay back. They were actually kind of starting to recoup some new members after the last flight of members!

They just got a little arrogant thinking they were the official JD fan site and they aren't. A staff member went off on a representative for JD and close friend. Priceless.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 10:02 am

Thanks for all the info Sky. I know some of the JD boards were a mess way back. I was never comfortable to post at Rockband. I only posted a few times at 448. I wonder if Leanne and Muse still hang out at either of those boards. Rockband was crazy!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: