Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:54 am

I think these new "TwoP ???" moderators were bought in to clean house. I'm guessing they were told to be extra tough.

The person who does the SPN forums is alright, but immediately started adding new rules and putting her foot down. Moderating much more than the last person.

If there's another Network Executive you have a relationship with, I might ask them for advice. You could write a respectful PM to one of the owners. Sounds like they might have intervened with Mars if he/she unbanned you. They might have given these new mods a little too much power.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:40 am

Well, as of this morning I am fully banned.

Weird how that went, with me not doing anything (no posts, no PMs) along the way...banning, unbanning, banning.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 1:22 pm

I've heard of that happening there before. That place is just too much grief. I couldn't handled it.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 6:23 pm

I enjoyed talkiong about Heroes and Dirty Sexy Money there with people as crazily into them as I am.

But life does go on.

I HEARD FROM THE CENTER THEATRE GROUP GUY!!! HE IS HIRING ME for a month long project (and probably longer) starting Thursday. I can work half time for them and half time at my present job.

This is perfect.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 6:29 pm

Quote :
I HEARD FROM THE CENTER THEATRE GROUP GUY!!! HE IS HIRING ME for a month long project (and probably longer) starting Thursday. I can work half time for them and half time at my present job.

This is perfect.
Eeek! What a fantastic Christmas present! Congratulations! cheers santa

It sounds like fun too! What will you be doing for them?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:41 pm

This particular project has something to do with helping them use their e-mail blast program. Beyond that I really don't know. I didn't even ask him how much he was paying me. Using my crazy instincts on this one have served me well so far. So I am sure it will be pretty good by my realistic standards. If I am wrong and they want to pay too little? I will make them pay me enough.

The fellow wants me around and keeps mentioning other projects to come, which suits my work style perfectly. I really detest 8am-5pm every day for years on end and am quite tolerant of a bit of anxiety about the future.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 8:10 pm

Frazz! Congratulations! How wonderful!

In other news, I'm in love with a cute boy! Take a look!

Chitchat - Page 29 Oreokc4
By Veruca_Salt
Chitchat - Page 29 Oreo2pr5
By Veruca_Salt
Chitchat - Page 29 Oreo3ke9
By veruca_salt

The lady who takes care of my mom just got a new chihuahua puppy. He likes to nibble my ears, nose and chin. He also likes to chew my hair. I cannot get enough of him.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:02 pm

Frazzle wrote:
Quote :
The fellow wants me around and keeps mentioning other projects to come, which suits my work style perfectly. I really detest 8am-5pm every day for years on end and am quite tolerant of a bit of anxiety about the future.
Like you said instinct is really important! Once you get in there and see what upcoming projects interest you, then you can pick and choose! Sounds like a win-win to me!

GE: That little chihuahua guy is so precious! Love the Christmas themed photos too! What is his name?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:38 pm

Congrats Frazz! Sounds perfect and wonderful timing! Best wishes!!

Ladies, my dad was taken to the ER tonight. Congestive heart failure, irregular heart beat, and his kidneys are not working right. He is filled with fluid. I spent 6 hours in the ER with him. He is in a regular room for now and they are running more tests tomorrow.

I would love any spare prayers you might have. It's been one hell of a terrible 8 month journey for him Crying or Very sad He could sure use some good luck!

Thanks! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:15 pm

FC, I am so sorry..........of course my prayers will be with him.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:15 pm

Thanks for all the wonderful wishes about my employment!

That dog is sooooooooooooooooooo deeply cute/sweet/magical!

FC, hugs and comfort as you and your dad, mom and whole family go through this.

Hugs to everybody else who needs them tonight. The only bad thing going on for me is that I seem to be horribly allergic to something in the air these days and keep having sneeze attacks, so much so that my nose now looks like I have the flu, which I don't.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:29 pm

Thanks ladies I love you *smooches*

I forgot to mention the puppy!! He is a super cutie!!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:34 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your dad, Firecracker.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 1:18 pm

I'm sorry to hear your dad is having health problems again, firecracker. Sending good wishes and prayers to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 4:28 pm

FC, I'm sending many prayers your way!

Luca, the dog is named Oreo and Frazz, he is, indeed, magical. I have realized that every nurturing instinct I have has been directed at dogs.

Quote :

Frazz, I have said this all my life. I have always said I'd rather have uncertainty than monotony. God bless the people who can go to work every day without it feeling like a prison.

When I used to temp, people would tell me they needed the "security" of a full-time job. So, one day there I was, the temp, typing up the termination papers for a massive lay-off that hit people who had been at the company for years and it was then I realized there's no such thing as a secure full-time job.

Frazz, I had an allergy attack so bad about a week ago that I ran out and got some Claritin.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:42 pm

Did the Claritin work, or work any differently ro better than any other allergy medicine?
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 3:39 am

The Claritin worked and had the added benefit of not making me fall asleep in my soup. I usually have to take half a dose of a NON drowsy med. Benadryl makes me fall asleep for a week.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:50 am

Chitchat - Page 29 9

Chitchat - Page 29 10Chitchat - Page 29 10

Wishing all of you a most beautiful and happiest holiday! Be safe and enjoy your loved ones, good food, COOKIES! pies, cakes, spirits, gifts, songs, snow, mistletoe, ho,ho,ho and all that stuff!

Love you guys! santa
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:57 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Chitchat - Page 29 Litexmas
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 7:01 am

Oh Sky, that one is beautiful!!

Here - this is so cute! Click on each of the reindeer!

http://www.glenn.tapley.us/MC.swf
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 9:56 am

I'm so excited!! My BIL usually gives hubby a Best Buy gift card and me a Kohls gift card for Xmas. Instead last night he gave us a 9" Digital Photo Frame! WE LOVE IT!!! We just loaded tons of pix from events from the last 5 years - LOTS of beautiful pix of my dad! We are going to take it with us to my folks house today so they can see it! Hopefully dad will be more awake today then he was the last two days and can see a little better. This is one of the most wonderful gifts I have ever received! It's going to be in my office and I will be able to just turn it on and relive so many awesome memories of my dad, our special occasions, our trips, etc.! If me dad hangs in there past today then this will have been a true Christmas miracle year!

Enjoy your day ladies and cherish every second with your loved ones! Take in every little detail because you just never know what next Christmas might bring!

Love you guys!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 12:01 pm

I don't want to bring anyone 'down' this holiday season............but this is so special.........................I don't know if it's real or not, it's the message that is real..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCdZwitrNoY
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 12:19 pm

I don't know if it is real either, but it was heartwarming none the less. I am trying to except that "message" of Logan's, but it has been hard Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 8:39 pm

I know, FC...........it's very hard......... Hugs to you...................
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 8:45 pm

Hugs to you too I love you I hope you had a beautiful Xmas! Did you get to see your grandkids at all?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: