Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 3:20 pm

OOOOOH tha vampire doll is beyond gorgeous!! I am sure he is very expensive. The one with the white hair and blue eyes is beautiful too. Those eyes are so pretty. Are they glass?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 3:45 pm

I never know the glass from acrylic scratch Except I learned from Luca that all the red eyes are glass - but I hate the red eyes Razz

Most of the dolls I am bringing pix of here are over $600. Not that J-Doll of course. I could get her now for about $88 plus shipping. There is one hard to find J-Doll that I really love on ebay right now, but she would cost me $150 shipped and that is more than I want to pay for her. I sure would love to have her though Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 11:21 am

Madison from Magma Heritage sent me an email to check out their new stock and pre-orders. I looked at his J-Doll pix (I love them more everyday and I just know I am going to get more of them Embarassed ) and he had two beautiful pix of my Anisa - which capture the beauty of her eyes, lips and face way better than my camera was able to! I just had to share them! I love her so much!!!

Dolls - Page 12 Oldarbatoutofboxlarge3Dolls - Page 12 Oldarbatoutofboxlarge2

Also, my Claire! She looks so caring, smart and sensitive!

Dolls - Page 12 Charcross4large
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 1:14 pm

I seriously just want to kiss this little face!!!!!!!!!! I don't know why but he just captured my heart the second I saw him!

Dolls - Page 12 Beautifulboy
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 4:18 pm

I FLOVE That one. He is gorgeous! what are the exact names of those dolls? And is that vampire doll special made or is it stock?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 7:05 pm

Oh man Aerwin - there are so many types of Ball Joint Dolls that I have no clue what they are unless I asked the poster who posted the pic. I could check into that boy.

The thing is you buy them nude, no face-up and you cannot select the eyes. You get random eyes with your order. You pay extra for the face-up. From what I understand from Luca you can tell them what you would like in the way of their make-up. Luca will be able to explain that more to you since she just ordered her boy. You buy their clothes separately. There are several sites for the clothes, including ebay.

So, if you wanted a vampire you would have to look at the basic dolls - white in color, face shapes, slant of eyes etc. After you pick your basic doll you could explain the face-up you would like, select a wig from the many wigs out there, and find an outfit that you would like for your vampire. Be forewarned - the vampires I have brought pix over of are several hundred dollars.

Now, there are 1/4 Ball joint dolls (like Luca bought) that you can get with face-up for about $200 - $225, say $20 for a wig and about $50 or so for a good outfit for him, though you could spend much more depending on what you want. So $300 could get you a really nice vampire. The ones I brought pix of are about $500 and up. They are about 3 feet tall and extremely detailed.

If you think you are really interested in creating a vampire boy I will bring some helpful links to you later or tomorrow.

ETA: This link will take you to a page of 1/4 dolls (including the boy Luca is getting - which BTW would make a great vampire!). Click around on the site and see the different dolls and wigs, eyes, clothes etc.!

http://www.denverdoll.com/dollzonemsd.php

AETA: I found the info on that boy above! He is a "Dream of Doll" (DOD) ball joint doll named Tender Too (there is a matching girl Tender Bee) He starts at $438 - with random eyes and wig. You would need to pay extra for make-up and clothes.

http://www.ecinter.net/frontstore/Item/item_zoom.asp?item_num=55&catalog_num=86&mart_id=hoo933

Sadly these dolls are just so very expensive No
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 8:41 pm

I LOVE this guy too! I think he could be made into a vampire!

Dolls - Page 12 Ducan201_2

Here is a link to info and more pix of him!

Ducan
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 7:32 pm

The February J-Doll! I LOVE her! Oh, I see a serious J-Doll collection in my future!

Dolls - Page 12 Febjdoll

I actually found a Blythe on Flickr that I really like! She is a Green River. I love the green eyeshadow and long lashes. Her wig is the best Blythe wig I've seen. She just looks really cute in this pic. Didi thinks this one is semi-custom. I checked her out at some sites and VOTD is selling her for $450 Shocked

Dolls - Page 12 Blythegreen

VOTD even has some special Blythes that he is asking over $700 for!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:29 pm

This post is in honor of Luca's much anticipated return and Special Birthday!!!

Dolls - Page 12 1

HOME LUCA

Dolls - Page 12 5 Dolls - Page 12 22

Dolls - Page 12 14

May you have the bestest birthday ever and have at least 50 more!!!!

We missed you so much!! We are so happy to have you back! We can't wait to hear all about your incredible adventure!!!!

Love ya lots!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 2:42 pm

I'm back!!!!! cheers

What an awesome homecoming too! Thanks my laydee! I missed you all too!

After a grueling 24 hour journey home, we made it in late last night at about 11:00 PM! We started our journey at about 7:00 AM Rome time! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I am very jetlagged today and still in my pajamas! But, we had a great time and I am so glad for the experience! Man, was it ever expensive over there! And the dollar exchange rate is shit! That really curtailed the buying, but I did get a few nice keepsakes and a few gifts for family. I fell in love with the stylish way Italian women (and men!) dress in Rome, but the cheapest pair of boots I found that I liked were 195.00 euros and some of the Italians in the nicer clothing stores were not that user friendly...so I refrained from buying any clothes or shoes if you can believe it!

FC, glad you and Aerwin have kept the doll thread alive and well during my absence! Man you have found some beautiful BJD's lately! Love the Dink vampire and other boy you posted yesterday! I really love the great photos of the J-dolls you put up too! That February one is to die for! Are'nt you glad they don't make boys too? Then you would have to have them too! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 6:08 pm

YAY!!!! So happy to see you!!! I love you

Glad you had a safe trip home - even though it was quite long!! Shocked I cannot wait to hear all about it! Too bad things were so costly No Oh well, more money for your new dollies!! Razz

I'm glad you like the pix! Sadly, I think I realized I probably won't be getting any BJDs, since all the ones I really fall for are just so insanely expensive. A lot of those boys I brought over would cost $600 and up to duplicate.

I really think I will be getting several more J-Dolls though in the future. They are so pretty, their stock is so nice, and they are a much more reasonably price - especially if you get them at the pre-order price. Also I am finding myself drawn to a few of the new Dals. Maybe if someone dies and leaves me some money then I could get a BJD!! Laughing

Actually, the two J-Dolls I got over the last few months are going to end up being B-day presents. For the last few weeks I have been having some problems with my eyes. I went to the eye doctor on Monday. I need to get new glasses and contacts. She said my eyes are very healthy, but my prescription changed and she feels the eye spasms were from the strain using glasses and contacts that aren't right for me. We no longer have optical insurance so I just spent $400 for glasses. Actually I ordered them on-line and saved a lot. The last time I got glasses and contacts it was $700 (I also got prescription sunglasses) but insurance paid half so I didn't feel so bad. Ordering on line I got 3 pair of glasses, one really nice regular and 2 pair of really cool sunglasses for $400. I couldn't decide between the two pair of sunglasses and for the cost I got both! I cannot wait for them all to get here! The frames were $40 a pair cheaper on-line and the lenses for my regular glasses were $100 cheaper on-line! They are really neat designer frames. I tried them on at The Geneva Eye Clinic to make sure I really like them on me, but had them write down all the info so I could order them on-line. It was so easy too!

So anyway, with that "not planned" expense right now before Xmas, I figured it was only fair to save both J-Dolls for birthday. I am still getting the 3 Taeyangs for Xmas so it is not like I will be in danger of DOLL WITHFDRAWAL!!

There is a problem with our cable and we can't get TV connection. It went out yesterday afternoon. They say they cannot get out to check into the problem until MONDAY the 26th!!! OH bummer!! Crying or Very sad Thank god it didn't effect out internet connection. Then I would really be going crazy!!

I have been baking since noon!! Over 6 hours straight! Why do I do this???!! 3 pies, a cake and some bars. Tomorrow I will be making the veggies. Thank goodness we are going to my cousin's! My MIL and BIL are coming with us. My folks can't come Sad but there should be a good crowd as some of my other cousins will be coming too! It should be lots of fun!

What are you guys doing tomorrow? Resting I bet!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 9:39 am

Dang woman! So you did all the baking for the entire clan, huh? And you are doing the veggies too???? Man, I bet everyone loves your cooking so much that they have special requests every holiday! I am still not caught up on sleep yet. I woke up at about 4:00 AM and could'nt get back to sleep. I must still be on Rome time. Shocked

I am planning on cooking today if I can get my butt in gear. I am making a turkey, some side dishes, and a crostata-based on a recipe from the cooking class I took in Italy. I keep things simple when it is only the two of us, which is most of the time, but do enjoy having all the good leftovers so I won't have to cook again for a while. Especially since I have to go back to work tomorrow, and I know it is going to be super busy after the Holiday. affraid I hope I can get at least 7 hours of sleep tonight so I can survive.

Yes, I almost forgot you are getting 3 Taeyangs for Christmas! When do you get your other J-doll? Do you have any plans on a Christmas display for the Pullip and J-doll crew? Twisted Evil

My order for Hid went in on 11/10. The gal submitted the order early in hopes that it will get here by Christmas. That would be so nice if it does!
I can't wait to see my nameless guy and his also nameless pet fox! I decided against Aleister because a limited edition DZ doll is already named that and it could be confusing for photoshoots. Back to the drawing board I guess!

Happy Thanksgiving! So glad you won't have a huge mess to clean up! (Like I will!) Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 10:12 am

Yes, I am the baker of the group! I made an Orange Pumpkin Bundt cake using my sunflower bundt pan. I drip the glaze on the petals and use chopped nuts for the center of the flower. It looks so pretty! I made 2 pecan pies and a pumpkin pie. Then these pumpkin spice squares with cream cheese frosting. Once I made pumpkin fudge - it was not the hit of the party let me tell you Razz ! I am making 10 lbs of "Velvet Mashed Potatoes". I got the recipe off The Food Network site. It got rave reviews. You use warm heavy cream instead of milk, and you put in olive oil. They are suppose to be really fluffy! Crossing my fingers they are as good as everyone says they are Very Happy Also making a green bean dish. There will be lots of food! Too bad when I was at the eye doctor and she was done with all the tests she told me she could tell from my eyes my cholesterol was a little high Sad Just wait until after today Shocked I guess I need to go see my doc for a new blood work-up. It has been about 4 years and I have gained weight since then Embarassed

I only have the two J-Dolls right now - Anisa and Claire. I will save them both for my birthday and then maybe with the money I get from MIL get another one. We didn't plan on the new glasses right now before Xmas - but the eye spasms were worrisome and I couldn't wait. She also told me to cut down on the caffeine bounce So the J-Crew will not be out for Xmas, or the new Taeyangs, but yes - my girls will all be in beautiful gowns and the boys in suit/tux. They will hold little ornaments and Xmas gifts! I cannot wait to see how they all look! I will be sure and post plenty of pix!!

I am sure you will get your boy for Xmas!! How exciting! I did see that doll with the same name. I thought he was so cool!

Well, I am glad you are having a peaceful Thanksgiving! You do need your rest. I cannot wait to hear about how your new Italian recipe turned out! You will have to give me the recipe!

Have a simply wonderful day!!

I am thankful for you!! You will be included in my silent dinner grace! I love you
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 4:30 pm

Quote :
I am thankful for you!! You will be included in my silent dinner grace!
Ahhhhh! I am truely grateful for you too, my friend! I love you

Your goodies sound so yummy! My crostata looks like it came out pretty good-crust a little too brown, but not too bad. And the turkey is in the oven! cheers I am just making a salad, butternut squash, risotto, and asparagus to go with it. We like a lot of veggies.

So is your birthday in January or February? Please forgive me for forgetting. Embarassed I was thinking you had Anisa out already, but did remember Claire was put aside for another gift occasion.

I need some new glasses too, but have been procrastinating getting them until after the trip. My insurance pays 300.00 per year for contacts/glasses, but it does'nt go far. Shocked

Hope you have a relaxing day with family! I talked to some on the phone and that was nice.

TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 10:53 pm

Hi!

Just got home! It was a wonderful time! We are all stuffed! I think my 16 year old eat 20 shrimp before we even got to dinner! The pecan maple pie was really yummy! The pumpkin orange cake was too. Everyone loved the Velvet Mashed Potatoes. I will make them that way from now on!

Your dinner sounds fantastic! I wish my kids would eat more veggies!

I swear, if you need glasses and contacts try getting them on-line. SOOOO many to choose from and the prices are great!

My birthday is April 10th. So I have a ways to wait for my J-Crew to come out! But that's OK. I sneak a peek at them every day! Embarassed

Talk to you tomorrow! Have a great day at work!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 6:18 pm

Glad you had such a nice day yesterday! I was so beat after making dinner I crashed at 8:00!!!!!! I woke up early again, but managed to doze off a few more times and then my husband forgot to get me up to go to work! Evil or Very Mad I was not happy since I had to rush to get out the door in 30 minutes... not a good way to start the day when you wake up feeling like a bus hit you again.

But, I tend to feel bad in the mornings with this jetlag thing and then feel pretty good by late morning, early afternoon, and that is what happenned today. I had a good day at work overall, busy- but once my brain started working again I did ok.

I hope to start working on downloading some of the Italy photos to photobucket tonight until I run out of steam! It is so cool to relive it by looking at them again!

TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 8:10 pm

YAY! I can't wait to see the pix!! I bet they are gorgeous!!

The cable guys can't come out until Monday morning to see why we have no TV, so I have spent tonight learning how to program a whole bunch of stuff into my cell phone! Laughing I never bothered to learn, so with this time tonight I have all my contacts set up and ringtones and cool sounds etc! Now I am working on re-programing our speed dial on our land lines because several weeks ago we had to start dialing 1-area code-number even to call our next door neighbor! Such a pain. I lost the book to program my portable phones so I was sitting here playing around with all the buttons and figured it out.

I was able to watch Ugly Betty and Greys on-line today. Thank god we still have the internet!! I would really be lost if we had no TV and no internet! Of course I should have been working harder on getting out all the Xmas stuff, but Rob had to leave early for work and the boys had to go to work this afternoon. I didn't really want to do it by myself. So Rob and I will get as much done tomorrow and Sunday as we can. Sadly, the boys both work all weekend. Justin got his first paycheck today (he went to get it in the morning with his friends) cashed it and bought a new hoodie and a really cool super tiny shiny black MP3 player. He has finally developed an interest in music! He is almost 17 and this is his first MP3 player! Shocked Eric has been nuts for music since he was about 10!

So it has been a slow and quiet day here today, allowing me time to develop some phone tech skills!

Oh, I had fun this morning doing "Black Friday" from my bed in my Pjs! Razz I got my mom a beautiful cashmere sweater and cologne, my dad a new robe, Pj's, lounge pants, and a shirt, and really pretty Rainbow Barbies for 4 of the little daycare girls! So I got some Xmas shopping done and I did get DOLLS (just Barbies and not for me) but hey, it was still DOLL shopping!! geek

Sorry you had a tough morning, but it sounds like the rest of the day went pretty good. Must be hard to go back to the work grind when you have just spent two weeks in Italy Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 9:42 pm

Man, phone techie woman! I hate that kind of stuff with a passion! My hat goes off to you!

Well, got our photos from first two days of Rome sized down and photoshopped as needed for downloading to Photobucket! Only 8 more files of photos to go! Shocked Gawd I look old in these photos... I guess at 50 that is allowed. Evil or Very Mad

I am starting to lose it now, so must go to bed soon since I have another long, early day tomorrow. Sleep

I will stop by after work sometime tomorrow. Please tell me you don't have your Christmas stuff up yet...then I will feel really behind!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 10:05 pm

No, we will try to get it done by Monday or Tuesday night. I don't have my helpers this weekend so we will never get it all done in one weekend like we usually do.

All I know is it will all be up by Weds. Then I will do the cards next weekend. I will finish up shopping within the next week or so. I'll finish up the daycare kids Weds. at Borders and Wal-mart. I got the daycare moms, some friends, and my cousins done last week. My hubby will be the hardest to figure out what to get. Eric wants a bigger and better amp for his guitars. Justin - not sure what he will decide on. His cell phone was suppose to me one of his Xmas presents, but once he got the job and would be driving home from work late I decided he was getting it the first day of his job. I think we will probably give him a Best Buy gift card now that he is getting into music gadgets etc. Not sure what we are getting hubby's cousins yet. My MIL is easy. All she EVER wants is Wal-mart gift cards Rolling Eyes We get her food gifts too though.

I am sure that you look beautiful in your photos!! We tend to be over critical of ourselves. Most women are like that.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 4:19 am

Heh. I got up at 5 and went shopping yesterday ! It was fun. I needed new running shoes too and I thought there is no wayt Nike store is open that early. Duh they were open at 12 am Thu. night. Lord it is crazy.

I had to get new trees after vaccuming up needles for 6 months afterwards I got a Martha Stewart tree. I also got a white tree . I plan on putting all red ornaments on there.

I can't wait to see your pics and you sure did not look fifty in these pics with your horse. I do think women are overly critical of themselves.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 6:52 am

Hi Aerwin!

That white tree with red ornaments will be so pretty! When I was little my folks bought a white flocked tree and my mom filled it with red ornaments, red bows, red poinsettia flowers, etc. It was beautiful. I know you are like me and have several trees in your house. We will have 8. Small, medium and large!

When we drove home from my cousin's house Thanksgiving night, as we approached the outlet mall that is about 15 mins. from our house, the traffic was unbelievable with a ton of cops there. It was because several stores in the mall where opening at midnight. There were already thousands of cars in the huge parking lot with hundreds backed up on the exit waiting to get into the parking lot Shocked which seriously looked completely full already. We couldn't believe our eyes at the scene. Hubby and I said "Not a chance in hell we would go into that bedlam!"

You were a brave girl to go out into Black Friday!! Laughing I totally enjoyed Christmas shopping from my bed in my Pjs with a hot cup of coffee and some pecan pie! Razz
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 6:29 pm

Hi Aerwin and FC! You gals are both way ahead of me on the Christmas stuff! I did get a few gifts for family in Italy, but mainly it is going to be cards for most people since the Christmas budget is smaller than ever after the big Italy trip this year. *gulp...don't even want to think about the debt*!

You are both very kind about your comments about me being hard on myself and being overly critical about looking old. Sometimes the changes you see hit all at once, and the last few years have been that way for me. I'm afraid I am getting the middle age jowels (sp?)going on big time. I have a square jaw, and a broad face anyway, so the addition of the jowels-is really evident to me-especially when I see myself in photos. Evil or Very Mad Shocked But, I know I don't have the desire or the funds to go under the knife, so you just have to go with it...there is no make-up tip, hair style revision, or change in clothing that can hide the dreaded jowels or the checken gizzard loose skin under the chin. Mine isn't that bad, yet...but, it is there nonetheless. affraid

But, on to more pleasant topics...shopping! Glad you found some good deals Aerwin. It sounds like you are almost done with yours FC. I will try to get mine finished up and out by the 15th at the latest. I do have a few more generic food type gifts to make for people. I do really enjoy doing that. It puts me in the Christmas spirit.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:11 pm

Well, I THOUGHT I was done with the daycare moms, but I got an email this afternoon from Kohls that the 6 beautiful carved wooden angels were cancelled along with the Snowman Nutcracker. The manufacturer ran out before they filled my order Crying or Very sad Bummer. I did get one of them. I ordered 7, one for one of my cousins. So my cousin will get hers, but I just ordered the daycare moms something else. I sent Kohls and angry email because the order was put in over a week ago and I was just told today I won't be getting them and I used my one-day 15% off coupon that day. So 6 of the things I ordered with that 15% aren't coming. I told them I want another 15% off coupon sent to me since they cancelled most of what I used it for thus causing me to pay more for the items I ordered this evening. I also had to tell them that the angels are still showing as available to buy on their website and will go into your cart and let you charge them (I checked) therefore leading to others ordering them only to also be disappointed. These angels are gorgeous in person let me tell you! I ordered them during the power hours and with the 15% off I got them for $7.50 instead of $18. So needless to say I am really disappointed because they would have made wonderful gifts for the price. I did order them other really nice gifts, but I had to pay more. I have 7 moms plus 10 kids in the daycare I buy for, so finding good deals is really important to me.

I did however just get a great deal on beads on ebay! I am getting a total of 180 Swarovski crystal beads - 36 6mm Crystal ABs, plus 144 4mm rainbow mix crystals for $24 shipped!! It would cost 3 times that at Hobby Lobby or Michaels! I plan to make crystal bracelets for some of my girls - the ones not getting the Barbies. I will make watching earrings for the ones with pierced ears, and cell phone charms for the two with cell phones. So I am VERY pleased with that deal! That just leaves my two daycare boys to shop for. If Kohls comes thru I will be done with the moms and girls. It will be mostly gift cards left to get. Our local Jewel/Osco has a gift card isle with gift cards to just about every store and restaurant around! So all I have to do is drive a couple blocks from our house and get all the cards at one place! I LOVE that!! I am so glad they started doing that. Rob and I used to take a Saturday and drive to all these different stores and restaurants to get the cards. Man, I love how easy Christmas shopping has become! No more standing is crazy ass long lines for me!! Razz Or driving in the snow and freezing cold! Or hunting all over hell's creation to get my sons those super hard to find popular toys that Santa would bring!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:41 pm

That is too bad about the angels...they sound really nice, especially at that giveaway price! How cool you can now make cute bracelets for the girls! I'm sure they will love them. How many kids and mom's do you have to buy for? Shocked

The jet lag is improving day by day... I woke up feeling half way human this morning. I almost fell asleep in the bath tub tonight at 7:00 though!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 9:17 pm

7 moms and 10 daycare kids.

I am hoping that the bracelets will have extra meaning for them since I am making them. The two 5th grade girls will get bracelets, earrings and cell phone charms. I found a site that showed how to make them. I will add charms to the bracelets that have special meaning for each girl. I have to admit that I am excited to do that for the girls, since I have no daughters or nieces, the daycare girls have sort of been surrogates Razz

Oh noz!!! affraid Don't fall asleep in the tub!!! Shocked I have never had jet lag. How long does it last?

I am glad to hear that you would not have plastic surgery. Neither would I No . That is scary stuff when you think about Kanye's mom dying right afterward. It's just not worth it. One of my good friend's worked with a lady who had lipo and ended up with all sorts of problems afterward. You just never know how it will end up. I don't even have the nerve to get Lasik. My 16 year old wants it done when he turns 18. He will not deal with contacts. He is just going to wear his glasses until he turns 18. I know a lot of people who have had it done in our neighborhood so we will take him to someone who comes highly recommended.

Jowls are something that neither of my parents have, so I don't either. In fact I am like my mom in that I have no wrinkles yet either. Some lines when I smile, but if I keep a straight face no lines Laughing My mom still looks younger than she really is. My dad did look really good for his age until 7 months ago. Ever since the first amputation he has aged unbelievably Crying or Very sad He went from having most of his hair (it was graying but he colored it) to almost bald and what he has is white. And age spots have popped up everywhere! You wouldn't believe he was the same man if you compared pix from last Thanksgiving to now. Scary stuff.

I don't have loose skin under my chin, but I was getting some lines on my neck that I hated!! I am using lots of good moisturizer on my neck and it has made a big difference!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: