Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:02 pm

Oh, I knew no mail today! Why didn't I even think to remind you guys?? geek My hubby forgot too. He was working from his home office, bundled up and went out to the mailbox in the snow and cold to check the mail. Came in and said "Gee, it didn't come yet". I said it will be here - TOMORROW! Razz

I can't wait to compare them to Pullips also!

I have a question, when you pre-order a doll at PS and it says full payment due by April 10th, can you wait and pay it all by then or do you have to put some deposit on by Feb. 10th when Shana places her order? I can't find the info anywhere and I hate to PM Shana and let her know I am a dumb bunny and don't know the rules Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 11:21 pm

In my experience with ordering from PS, you just pay the total amount by the cutoff date when she says she has to have the money by. She orders the amount based on what people commit for, even if she has'nt collected the money from them yet.

You will need to get a total price from her with shipping at some point before the cutoff date and either paypal or send her a check. I don't know if she does regular credit cards or not because I always used paypal when I did business with her.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 5:49 am

Good morning!

Thanks so much for the info! So we have plenty of time to get her the money.

It is crazy with little ones Tuesday! geek 5 again! So I won't be able to give my knee much of a rest today No

Have a great day and I will talk to you later! I love you

Oh, just a reminder - you might want to delete your "Ali for Sale" thread at Requiem Art just so no one else sees it and want to buy it. I see that Arya deleted her "Rida for Sale" thread so maybe she sold her already, though I do see that she has her for sale on Flickr.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:03 pm

I thought I put 'sold' please delete on the thread title...I will go back over and double check! Thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:32 pm

You're welcome!

The seller in HK that I bought my Ribbon March from has sold the blue sister today. She only had her for about a week. It will be a week ago tomorrow that I bought my Isis! Hopefully she is on her way home to me!!

Hope you had a good day! My knee is really hurting today. I just talked to my mom and my dad had a really bad day today. I will be going there tomorrow at 10:00 AM. They started some new meds today, so maybe tomorrow he will perk up a little. Mom said he has been very weak all day. He told her "I know I am dying. I can feel it." It makes me so sad that he lies in bed and thinks like that Sad Wish there was more I could do for him.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:58 pm

So sorry your knee is still bothering you and about your Dad. I'm sure the cold weather is not helping the knee.

Ali started her journey to Canada today...one down, one to go!

I see Arya withdrew her Rita...I get the feeling she was not sold somehow. I think she would have mentioned it in the post.

I am seriously thinking about putting my Bill up for sale. I have not been able to enjoy him in the way I used to, and think he may need a home that will love him like I used to. And I could use the $250.00 I would hope to get to buy another doll that I want that costs 330.00 with wig, face-up, eyes, and extra hands and feet. Twisted Evil

I think this girl rocks...
Dolls - Page 31 20071016073331cont3
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:43 pm

OMG!!! All my nieces and nephews are leaving!!! affraid affraid affraid affraid No Bill??? I am shocked!! I remember when you were over the moon for him. Good times! Of course I can only imagine some of the things/people Bill reminds you of. I totally understand that, along with your need for another BJD. She is lovely, except for the fact that I cannot really get into the elf eared dolls. Her eyes are gorgeous, and the shape of her face. Also the fact that she comes with most everything for her price. Good luck with your decision on selling Bill!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Yes, Bill is a beautiful doll and it was so fun having him.~sigh~ I just know there are so many TH fans that would appreciate him more than I do now. When I get in a selling mode...watch out! Laughing

So far, I have no regrets about selling any of my dolls. My tastes have changed and my collection is changing.

I may have to make room for a hestia or two! You just never know! Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:06 pm

Oh that would be so cool if you got a Hestia!! I am keeping my eye on ebay for which ones show up. I'll be sure to let you know about an Ribbon March that might show up. I found a pic on Flickr of another Hestia that is on ebay that doesn't look that good in the ebay pic, but looks really good on Flickr. Also a seller in the UK has a cool one for sale. Of course I am not in the position to buy another one for myself, but I can pass the info on to you. I am mostly just interested to see who shows up, how many and for how much - you know, so I have some ideas for NEXT Xmas Wink

Yes, I always felt that Bill would be great for a teen girl who is a huge fan of Tokio Hotel. I cannot wait to see what he sells for! I myself would put him on ebay with bidding starting at say $200 and see how high it gets! This could be quite exciting!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:43 pm

Hmmmm...good idea! Would you also do "a buy it now" for 350.00 or something? Or just see how high the bidding goes?

I put some feeler type info about putting him up for sale on Flickr to see what kind of response I get. That is a good place to sell dolls. I have sold two on there so far! And I'm sure the word will spread quickly. I also have some contacts in the TH and doll world that I will contact behind the scenes that have expressed interest in buying him in the past about the auction too.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:15 pm

That's a tough one. I mean you could do a BIN at $350, but I have a feeling bidding might get higher. They are in NYC for their concert. They are getting hot in the US. But if $350 is good for you and you think you can sell him faster that way and get your new girl than go for it. I myself would just love to see how high it would get. I mean look at what some people are paying for the limited or rarer Pullips. Of course those could be big time collector who think they can eventually sell them for even more, and perhaps the custom dolls don't go for as much. I don't know much about the real high end dolls since I pretty much don't let myself go for a doll that is more than $120.

How do you contact people on Flickr? Or do you just talk to each other in the picture posts? I wonder because I have seen a couple people say they sell Hestias but I couldn't figure out if there was a way to contact them via PM/email.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:42 pm

Yes, there is a mail system on Flickr. You can PM people back and forth. There is a little envelope on the top of the screen toolbar on the right and you just open that up and put the user name of who you want to talk to and there you go!

You make some very good points. I may as well go for the gusto on this-it is a once in a lifetime deal and I also would love to see what he goes for...I had no freaking idea they were playing in NYC!!!! How did you know that? Shocked When is the show?

I think Bill is worth 400.00 myself. He is that cool. I don't want to give him away, why should I! I can certainly use the money!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:57 pm

Thanks for the Flickr info. I may email someone about the Hestias.

I read on ONTD that TH was having a concert in NYC. I don't know if it is this week or the tix went on sale this week. I bet one could find out by Googling or going to a TH fan site. OR you could get in touch with a certain fan who probably knows all about it Wink Rolling Eyes It would we good if you could coordinate your sale with the hype of their US tour!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 10:43 pm

I read a rumor over at a TH forum they are playing at the Roxy, but I thought that was in LA not New York? And they are coming to Montreal and that show is already sold out.

That is as much as I know right now. I bet I can cruise around the net a bit more and find out the rest of the story just lurking around. Wink I'll keep you posted.

Found it! Does seem like the perfect time to sell him!
02.09.2008 · Montreal, Canada [Le National]
» 02.10.2008 · Toronto, Canada [Mod Club]
» 02.15.2008 · Hollywood, CA, [The Roxy]
» 02.16.2008 · Anaheim, CA [Chain Reaction]
» 02.18.2008 · NYC [Gramercy Theatre]
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:56 am

Yep, I'd say right around the time they finish with NYC and LA and the teen girlie parts are all tingling! They will have to be rich teens though! Laughing Or at least have rich parents Razz Besides, I bet they have a lot of fans in their early 20s too. There might even be a 50 year old out there who will buy him! Wink

Have a great day! I'll be leaving here about 9:00 AM and will be gone for several hours. Hope my dad is feeling up to talking to me a bit today!

See ya later~
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:56 am

Hope you have a good visit with your Dad today and that he is having a better day.

I am sure it will be a teen/young gal that buys Bill. There seems to be many of them that have plenty of disposible income or at least their parents do anyway, I had several offers to buy him from young gals
but turned them down just 6-8 months ago.. They did'nt bat an eye
at $250.00 either.

I think the best time will be right before the TH shows kick off, when anticipation is high and there will be many people who cannot get tickets to the shows or be able to go. They can get a permanent piece of him with the Bill doll! Twisted Evil

Arya has seen that he is going up for sale...word will travel fast now through the TH community. Shocked
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:13 am

I see that you have started to advertise Bill on Flickr! Good idea. I see where someone posted that someone is making Bill and Tom BJDs with molds. Be sure and post pix here or let me know where to go see them. I can only imagine how expensive those guys will be Shocked I'm sure the Bill doll will be gorgeous!

Well, I am staying pretty much in bed today. My mom didn't want to go to the beauty shop today because once again we are having bitter cold - wind chills of 20 below and snow. She didn't want me to go out in it and run her errands when I am having a hard time walking right now. No kids today, as I am closed on Weds., so I am taking my meds and laying low. I would like to have seen my dad today, but I am having that B-Day party for my little Isabelle tomorrow (I actually almost named my Isis Isabelle in honor of my little cutie and I also thought the name fit the doll, but I didn't want any of my other daycare girls to feel bad) and I will be hopping with that party going on. Besides I am spending several hours with dad on Friday while Eric drives my mom to the hearing doctor (about an hour from their house, and takes her to the store) So I will be with dad at least 4 hours that day. They started him on 3 water pills yesterday in an effort to get some of the fluid out of him, and mom said he urinated a ton last night! That's exciting since for 2 days he only had a teaspoon come out Shocked which had me very worried about his kidneys. So this is a good sign I think. I think he may have a little more energy if he can get rid of some of that fluid.

I found another great pic of a Hestia that is for sale on Flickr for $90! I really like her! This is the closest pic of her face I have found yet. She is very pretty and cool! I think I am going to be nuts about these dolls!

Dolls - Page 31 Hestiablack

Someone with a much better camera and eye than I, took a couple of shots of Haute LA which really do a better job of showing how pretty she is than any of my shots did Embarassed She really is a special Pullip!

Dolls - Page 31 Haute

Dolls - Page 31 Haute2
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:28 pm

A nice shot of a Hestia with a Blythe! Gives a good head comparison. She is so pretty. She is the goth coffin girl! It seems like they really give the Hestias great hair.

Dolls - Page 31 Hestiawithblythe
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:55 pm

OMG! Hestia looks like she has a tiny barbie head next to super big headed Blythes! Shocked I definitely like the series of dolls you ordered better than the one with the Blythe! I also like the one in the first photo in the black goth outfit. Her coloring, eyes, and face-up are really nice!

Sorry to hear you did'nt get to visit your Dad, but you do need to rest that knee!

Oh I sure will post pics of the Bill custom BJD minimee heads when they are finished. I think it takes a few months for the artist to complete the sculpt after the order is placed for the 10 heads.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:42 pm

Oh, I agree. I have no intention of getting the Service One coffin girls. They are so expensive ($238 and up) and I do not think they are anywhere near as gorgeous as the ones I am getting. But she is pretty. I also really like the goth girl in black up above. She is on the list of ones that I would like to get someday - next year Laughing

It has been really good to spend most of the day resting my leg. It is really hard to get up and down the stairs. But it is feeling better tonight. I was pretty worried last night because it hurt to even touch my knee yesterday. I feel more optimistic today. I fell on the ice a couple weeks ago and landed on my left knee. That is what happened. I had this happen before several years ago. I fell on the patio while cleaning the kiddie pool and landed on my left knee and sprained my lumbar vertebrae. It feels the exact same way. It takes a couple of weeks for things to swell up enough to push on the nerve. The doc put me on muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatories and told me to try and stay off of it. Besides, it was a nasty day here. Very cold and snowy. Tomorrow our windchills will be 30 below! BURRRR!! BUT, they say 40 over the weekend!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:46 pm

How long does the doctor want you to try to stay off your leg?

It is really cold here too...almost unbearable. In the 20's during the day and 0-15 degrees at night. At least it has'nt been windy on top of it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:58 pm

A week. I cannot stay completely off of course, I need to watch the kids and help out my folks. Today really helped. I don't have the baby tomorrow so I won't have to be on my feet as much. I have 3 and 4 years olds and it is pretty easy to keep them busy and just sit and watch them. I'll only need to come upstairs to make lunch and when it is time to get them ready to go home. I have to do my folks shopping and watch my dad Friday so I have no choice but to walk around, but hopefully I can give it some rest over the weekend and be good as new by Monday.

This has been a really cold and snowy winter for us so far!

Need to get to bed, so talk to you tomorrow!

BTW, I think your write up about Bill on Flickr is really good, and you are offering some really great items with him. I think this is going to be really fun to see how it goes on ebay!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 10:33 pm

Sounds like you have an easier day tomorrow which is good! The shopping on Friday may not be so easy, but hopefully it won't aggravate it too much.

Thanks for the feedback about my ad writeup on Flickr about Bill. I just wanted to get the word out first so people will be checking back to see when he goes on Ebay, then when I actual place the ad I will go into a lot more detail about everything. Flickr does get a lot of action, but I noticed it takes a few weeks to get momentum going on ads. So, I figured I better wait a week or so before putting it on Ebay so I can get the largest possible audience and hopefully some buyers that will bid like crazy!

I have to work early tomorrow so will not get much time online until tomrrow evening. Hope you have a good day tomorrow! TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 5:36 am

Thanks! You too! Talk to you tonight!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 4:20 pm

Hey, I have a question. Do you post at Just Jared? There is a LuckyL there. Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: