Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 12:32 pm

OH NOZZ!! affraid Luca, did I bore you to death with my Hestia info??? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 12:46 pm

No my laydee! I loved it! That is so cool you will have two very rare dolls!
Isn't it funny how intuition comes into play when buying dolls and usually it works out for the best! That is how I feel about my purchase of Prudence. I just took a chance and it has worked out very well. I am bummed out they are so hard to find and may not be in production any more. I would have maybe gotten one or two! Oh well...

I knew I would be tied up with the new truck purchase yesterday afternoon/evening! Yes, we got it (2008 Toyota Tundra crew cab) and we are so pleased! We needed to unload the 2001 GMC before we were forced to sink more money into it, and I got the numbers where they needed to be. We were at the dealership about 4 hours and then went out to dinner. Then went straight to bed since it was around 10:30! An exhausting, but worthwhile day!

Today I need to get after the cleaning, laundry, and cooking... which I am not overly enthused about. I will check in with you later though!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 1:51 pm

Oh, so exciting about the new truck!! I will look it up later and see what it looks like!!

Actually, I have let a few dolls get away before on ebay, like that really pretty American BJD that went for $125 on Xmas eve (that was with wig, eyes, full make-up) and an Angel of Dream girl doll (again -wig, eyes make-up and a some little outfit) for $135. But it was not one of the girls I really wanted. But than I got to thinking an AOD doll for $135. Maybe I should have gone for it. But, no regrets about that now since I am getting these gorgeous sisters!

Yes, I am very bummed about no more Hestias Crying or Very sad I will keep my eyes open for you if I see a Ribbon March come up on Ebay. There are some girls at PS trying to get the Riding Hood/Wolf service and that cute one with the girls in frilly blue and pink (not a set I care about).

I am cleaning and cooking too!

TTYL tonight!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 2:47 pm

Check out this custom Uncanricky I saw over at PS today! She looks just like Wednesday Adams or even like Helena Bonham Carter!

Dolls - Page 30 Remediosserendipity2014xu7
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 2:50 pm

I saw her earlier today. She does look like HBC Shocked You sure can't tell that used to be an Uncankiki No
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 4:46 pm

I guess I wonder why people spend 80.00 + dollars to buy a doll and then wipe it's face off and start over from scratch. I just don't get that. I can see it if they wanted to keep something original about that doll's face-up, but apparently she did'nt.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 5:16 pm

Oh, I do not get it either. There are some darn right awful customs out there No I guess I can see buying heads if possible or broken dolls and fixing them up, but a new one to do that to is just strange. I can see getting a new doll and enhancing it, but scrapping off the whole face? Well, to each her own I guess. Uncankook is just so extra pretty that I don't know why one would pick her to do that to. I can see a Nomado because she is so plain to begin with.

I looked up your new truck at the Toyota site and it is so cool! A four seater pick-up! I never saw one before. Do you pull your horses in a special attachment that hooks to the truck? What color did you get? I like the black and the red one the best! I seem to have a thing lately for black vehicles. I guess because I have never had a black one. I like the silver and blue also. Two colors I also never had. I did have a little red car when I was about 25. It was so cute!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 5:27 pm

We got a white truck. It gets really hot here in the summer and our horse trailer is white with marroon and silver accents. We have given up on owning dark colors here anymore-they show all the dirt. Our very long drive way is not paved, just gravelled so none of our rigs stay clean for long~especially in the Spring and Summer!

We got a pretty basic model so there were only 2 colors to choose from! Laughing That is what buying a Toyota, Honda, or any other import car is like! They only make a certain number of vehicles, so color choice is minimal and most of the time you have to pick the one based on the right equipment you want. I am so excited about this truck though because it has a little camera screen below the driver's rear view mirror that helps with backing up to the trailer hitch! That use to take me up to 20 minutes to do myself without it and was a real hassle! Now it will be a breeze! cheers We also got some really snazzy aluminum alloy wheels with it...would'nt have chose them because of the extra cost, but not only do they look nice, they are really heavy duty and we got Michelin tires! And of course the tow package...that was a must!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 5:38 pm

It sounds awesome!! I had a white Cutlass Supreme when I was young. I loved it! It had charcoal interior. It's funny because I felt that showed all the dirt Laughing I guess it just doesn't show all the dust. With all the snow and slush and rain out this way it is hard to keep a car looking nice Razz

That is great to have something to help you back up. That would get so frustrating for me if it took 20 mins. to get it right. I am so happy for you guys! New cars and trucks are so exciting!

This is the vehicle I currently drive. It is HUGE! I look forward to getting something a wee bit smaller. Talk about wishing you had something to help you back up Rolling Eyes It's like driving a damn school bus Razz The inside though - it's like a gorgeous velvet living room! TV and video games, 8 fancy captain chairs. Fancy lighting. 5 radios and headsets and on and on! A perfect way to take long road trips!

Here we were in The Rockies. See how my sons dwarf me? That was 3 years ago. They are even taller now!

Dolls - Page 30 IM000482
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:01 pm

Eeek! What a gorgeous photo! Was that in Colorado?
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:22 pm

Caprice is sold!!!!!! cheers I am happy, but a little sad to see her go, but I need some bucks to get some accesories for my photostory. She goes to her new home down under tomorrow! I love selling my dolls to international buyers!

I also have some serious interest in Ali from a gal in Canada!
They could both be sold as of today!!!! OMG!!!! Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:31 pm

I knew it!! cheers I said by the end of the week!! OK, technically Sunday is a new week no? Anyway, it has been less than a week since I told you that!

Very cool that Caprice is going to the land of OZ!! The men there are hawt!! She will have fun! Ali going - Crying or Very sad Your pix of Ali is what caused me to get my beautiful Natalie. It's like they had a connection - identical cousins so to speak. Oh well. Canada is beautiful and maybe she will bump into JD Fortune!! Just tell her to stay away from Lukass Rossi!! Razz

Good luck with the sales! I hope it all goes smoothly and that you find the wonderful items that you need for your photos/story!

The pic is "Rocky Mountain High, in Colorado" Very Happy I wanted us all to move to Colorado right then and there! Colorado Springs!! So freaking gorgeous!! (but a crazy lady lives there geek )
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:38 pm

I thought so!!!! I lived in Colorado Springs for many years! Went to junior high, high school and college there! Later changed my major and did my dietetics stuff in Tx after I relocated to be with hubby. Shocked Great place indeed, but the winters are the pits!!!! My hubby and I met there. He was there on business and we met at a nightclub by the name of "Meadow Muffins"! I kid you not!

I think Ali is sold now...the canadian gal asked me to send her an invoice! Shocked
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:59 pm

Oh, how cool that you lived there!! We loved it! True, the winters would be rough. Actually, two years later we went to New England. I really think Vermont (Stowe in particular) is the most beautiful state in the country! At least that I have been too. I thought I died and went to Heaven when we were in Stowe. But then that is just my kind of scenery and atmosphere. Of course we were there in June and the weather was amazing. Perhaps if we had been there in January I'd be singing a different tune!

Congrats on the sale of both your girls! What a weekend this turned out to be for you!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 8:23 pm

Yes! When it rains it pours! I will be busy tonight getting them packed and ready to go to their new homes! That will leave me with 4....

Vermont probably has about the same winters as Colorado. I lived in Rhode Island as a child and I remember tons of snow that lasted all winter! I have great memories of ice skating on ponds and walking to school in the snow.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 8:52 pm

Sadly we did not get to spend much time in Rhode Island on our New England trip. Hubby took me to see Providence (I loved that show) and that is all I got to see of RI. There was just too many places we wanted to hit on that trip.

I can't believe you have lived in so many states! I have spent my whole life in Illinois. I was born in Chicago and lived there until I was 5. Than slowly we edged further and further west until hubby and I made it to the farmlands. I lived in 9 different towns in Illinois. That is it.

Kiss the girls good-bye from their Auntie FC Crying or Very sad Bundle them up good for their trips! Wish them luck!

So 2 Pullips, 2 Taeyangs, 3 BJDs. 7 dolls. You have your addiction much more under control than me Embarassed Aletta makes 17 affraid geek
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:13 pm

OMG! Truefan got a new custom Dal from ebay. I would buy a Dal like this in a heartbeat!! Too freaking adorable!!

Dolls - Page 30 Customdal1

FLOVE this face!!
Dolls - Page 30 Customdal2
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:17 pm

I saw her! She is precious! They are calling her a custom, but it appears she has a stock face-up with new eyes, wig, and outfit. Close enough I guess! Isn't that Stica's wig? Shocked Wonder what the buyer shelled out for her?

Yes, my two glamour girls are going. Neutral Gaby can be semi-glam, but nothing like Nero and Caprice. They are boxed up, and tomorrow Hubby will get out two shipping boxes from under the house and we will put them in those and prepare the shipping labels. They will have happy homes abroad now...

My doll shelf looks almost empty now! Hey, I may need to put some books in there or something to fill it up!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:26 am

BOOKS????? affraid

It looks like Stica's wig - probably is. I guess if you change wig, eyes and clothes it's a custom - from the stand point that you can not buy one that looks just like it from JP. I have no idea what Truefan paid for it, but as you know she is a DALaholic!! Her Avi is so cute! Maybe doll number 18 will be a DAL just so I can have Pullips, Taeyangs, Hestias, J-Dolls and a DAL!

Bonn Voyage dear Ali and Caprice! Dolls - Page 30 5

Hope you have a wonderful day? Do you work today? I am off and I was going to go see my dad, but I have been dealing with Bursitis in my left knee since last Tuesday afternoon and it is getting worse because I have not been resting it enough or taking the anti-inflamatories (I worry about liver damage from them) so I am going to try and rest it today, in-between a couple of things I have to do. I am spending a few hours with him Weds. while my mom gos and gets a touch-up and hairstyle. The boys are going to visit him today as they both are off from school and work.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:13 am

What a cute little emoticon! *Sniff*
It is only Ali going today...I will wait until the Paypal payment that is pending from the UK goes through before I mail Caprice. She is in her box though now. Hubby is helping me package up Ali. I am sending the Christmas dress with her too and a blue pair of stockings. I am glad to have my girls go to good homes.

Have a nice visit with your Dad today. I'm sure he will be excited to see you. Hope the bursitis goes away soon...I know that is not fun at all!

TTYL! Off to work I go!!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:19 am

OMG! There is a site on Ebay called "Natalie's Toy House" and she is selling Haute LA (my Haute) for $399 plus $38 shipping! Shocked

$299 plus shipping for Haute NYC Suspect Suspect Suspect

$629 plus shipping for Kirakiskhou Shocked Shocked Shocked

$999 plus shipping for Jouet affraid affraid affraid are you kidding me????

$419 for Rovam (I don't get the love for her anyway)

$388 for Mitzi Suspect

Holy crap!! Are people really paying that much for these dolls??? I don't believe anyone will pay over a grand for Jouet No I mean seriously??? Seriously??

I was at her site because she is selling both of the Service 1 Hestias ($238 each) and I thought I would look at what else she sells. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the prices of some of her Pullips. Most of the other ones are totally in line with what PS or VOTD is selling their for, so I have to think she believes she can sell them for these prices.

ETA: EEEK!! Look what I found! (yes, I am slightly obsessed with Hestias right now Embarassed ) Pix that show the size of their heads!

Dolls - Page 30 Hestiasample3

Dolls - Page 30 Hestiasample2

Dolls - Page 30 Hestiasample

I am so freaking excited, yet sad I didn't get into them sooner and could maybe have a few more of them!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 3:32 pm

Our lake is frozen and it is snowing. Boys in the neighborhood are playing hockey. I love how our views are so Norman Rockwell. I just had to share.

It's A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!
Dolls - Page 30 IM002009

Dolls - Page 30 IM002010
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 5:43 pm

Gosh it sure is a beautiful winter day from your window! You have a fantastic view! It looks like a park around your house!

I am still at work...whoa is me. It has gone by fairly quickly though.

I don't blame you at all about being obsessed with Hestias! They are so cool! Do they all come in a coffin? Shocked Which one is the first one?
She is very pretty!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:26 pm

Thanks! I love our views too! Like I said before it is why we bought the lot. It is so fun to watch the seasons change out our windows!

I think only the Service One Hestias come in the coffin. I think that is one reason they are the most expensive ones. They were first and had the cool coffins. I do not really care either way as I wouldn't know what the heck I would do with coffins Shocked I think the Service One Goth girl (first and second pic) fits with the coffin theme. I don't think my girls would go with the coffins really. Anyway, I really think that is the only Service with coffins. I love the size of their heads! I think you will really be able to appreciate their eyes and face-up.

I found a couple of cool pix of Hestias from some doll show, but I can't copy them. It looks like at the time of the show the next set of Hestias was suppose to be Alices. Not sure I am really into Alices. They were standing next to the Riding Hood/Wolf dolls. So either they are done with Hestias or there is a long wait in between releases.

Glad the day is going quickly for you.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:18 pm

Well, poor hubby went to the post office this morning on his way to work only to find it was closed!!!!!! affraid Doh!!!!!!! It never dawned on either of us about it being a federal holiday today! What dorks right? Laughing

So Ali is all boxed up and will go tomorrow. Caprice? Who knows! I think it took about a week for the last UK paypal deal to go through. So no rush on that. Caprice is in her stock box, secured in, just waiting for her final packing when I get the word.

I think you are right about the face-up and eyes standing out more on Hestias than on a J-doll because their faces are bigger. I can't wait to see how they compare size wise to a Pullip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: