Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+8
mishmash
abrahammy
Badger
Sky
Luca
austin
frazzle
firecracker
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 11:40 pm

Isn't Constantine doing something with Edy's or some ice cream company too? I saw something about it over at GS the other day.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 7:37 am

I don't know anything about Con really. I could look for info.

Quote :

'Idol's' Phil Stacey releases first single

Season 6 finalist Phil Stacey's first single, "If You Didn't Love Me," was sent to country radio stations last Tuesday, and has been posted by his Philnatics.com fans on YouTube (youtube.com/watch?v=CBYxfN2CRQg). According to EW.com's Popwatch blog, the track was co-written by Rascal Flatts' lead singer Gary LeVox and produced by Wayne Kirkpatrick, who writes songs for Little Big Town, among others. Stacey's first album, the site says, is scheduled to drop in April. Also due to release an album (on Brash Records) the same month is Stacey's fellow finalist Chris Sligh.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:54 pm

Jennifer Hudson's Album Scrapped & Sent Back To Square One

Quote :
With the monster success of Dreamgirls at the end of 2006, and Jennifer Hudson's Oscar/Emmy wins in early 2007, the remainder of the year was supposed to be all hers. The ex-American Idol standout was supposed to release her debut album months ago but it turns out the album had been scrapped at the request of Clive Davis.

Word is the album was delayed because the label folks didn't think the material would sell in today's market. Ryan Tedder of One Republic wrote a few songs for Hudson, and shared his knowledg about the hold up.

"“They made half an album and ended up scrapping it. Clive — wisely, I think — said, ‘No one’s going to buy this. We’re trying to turn her into Aretha Franklin, and that’s not realistic,’ ” Tedder said. “They scrapped a bunch of songs and started fresh. I heard a Timbaland song that was by far the best song she’s done. I do wish, and I know the label wishes, that this album had come out six months ago. But Clive’s smart. He didn’t want to just put out a crap album just because of the momentum."

Since when does Clive not want to put out a crap album? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Guess he doesn't think covers are crap Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 6:49 pm

Badger wrote:
Isn't Constantine doing something with Edy's or some ice cream company too? I saw something about it over at GS the other day.

Constantine is one of 8 former AI finalists that is going to have a song on a compilation CD that is going to be given free when you buy 2 containers of those AI flavors. Its due to start sometime in February.

The flavors are really good. I had bought one last year and liked it. This year, I've already spotted the two I want - Cheesecake Diva and Chocolate something! I'm too hungry right now to go check!

That is an amazing piece of news about Jennifer Hudson's CD being pulled back. I'm surprised.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 7:08 pm

So you buy the ice cream and send in something for the free CD? Are CDs attached to the containers? I might buy ice cream for a free CD.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:34 pm

I could get into a free CD with icecream purchase too.

FWIW, I heard about the Jennifer Hudson CD delay last year although it was more gossip at that point. FWIW, she didn't win an Emmy because that's a television award.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 6:07 am

Yeah, I know she won the Oscar, Golden Globe, SAG, and many others, but I can't think of how she could possibly have won an Emmy scratch Just another reporter who needs a "fact checker"
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:28 am

Here is Carrie's new video for her new single "All American Girl". I know she is not that popular here, but I really like her. This song and video are kind of corny, but sweet. Carrie wears many wigs and outfits in it and she looks simply gorgeous in every single one of them! bitch Razz

Carrie's new video!

I read that her new CD is not selling anywhere near as well as her first. In it's 13th week she sold 19,000. In her 13th week with her first CD she sold 81,000. Maybe she needs a few more hit singles or something. I am just surprised this CD isn't HUGE because she has won like 100 awards in the last year or two! And the first CD is still selling like crazy. The same week her sophomore CD sold 19,000, her freshman CD sold 10,000! Talk about a CD with long legs! Maybe after she performs at the upcoming Grammy Awards she will get a boost.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:41 am

There's a lot of reporters that need factcheckers unfortunately.

By the way, has anyone seen Constantine with his new haircut? I think he looks really good. Maybe he's looking at doing some more acting.

"Before He Cheats" was a huge crossover hit for Carrie. And, of course, "Jesus, Take The Wheel" was a gigantic hit too. I think she got a lot of sales she might not have gotten because of people who might not be country fans but really liked "BHC". I don't know that there is a song like that on her new CD. Some folks over at BonafideBice think this new song could be it though.

ETA: For all those who wonder why celebrities don't sue people like PH:

Ronson Ordered To Pay Blogger's Legal Costs

Quote :
Lindsay Lohan's best pal Samantha Ronson has been ordered to pay almost $85,000 in costs to a celebrity blogger, after losing a defamation lawsuit last year.

DJ Ronson -- the sister of British producer Mark Ronson -- sued Perez Hilton after he accused her of being the owner of cocaine found in Lohan's vehicle following the actress' car accident in Los Angeles last May.

The case was thrown out of court in November, but at a hearing in Los Angeles on Wednesday to determine costs, Superior Court Judge Elihu M. Berle ruled Hilton is entitled to nearly $85,000 towards his legal fees and a further $2,000 if requested.

Ronson's lawyer, David M. Bass, argued unsuccessfully that Hilton -- real name Mario Lavandeira -- should receive no more than $13,400, and he is currently considering whether to appeal against the judge's decision.

Bass says, "We would like an opportunity for the court to consider all the facts."

Here's some additional information from the AP article on the same story. I won't link to it because there's a picture of PH and I figure some of us might be eating right now.

Quote :
The judge removed Hilton from the lawsuit last November after the blogger's attorneys argued he was protected by free speech rights.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 9:13 am

That is just all sorts of wrong! Mad

PH is a PIG in every possible sense of the word. I am not just saying that because of his vicious attacks on Clay, but because of his disgusting attacks on TONS of celebs and even their CHILDREN. He is dispecable and the fact that he can get away with his LIES is just insane. Honestly, if I heard he died of a drug overdose the world would be a better place. It is one thing to report or blog on gossip. It is another to make things up, photoshop, etc. and now people he has done this too have to PAY HIS court costs????
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 2:16 pm

I'm sorry to disagree with you FC, but whether or not someone is perceived as a "pig" by some people, has nothing to do with the law. Many people do not like Perez due to what he does and says, but he is entitled to full protection under the law. I mean, if Charles Manson got killed in prison, I may feel he totally deserved it, but that doesn't mean the guy who did it should not be charged with murder. To put it in terms closer to this situation, if a Ku Klux Klan member were murdered, his murderer would still be on trial for murder.

I do feel that the reason people do not sue people like Perez Hilton are:

1. By suing him, they call people's attention to a story that might just come and go in a couple of days and now they've given it a wide audience and publicity.

2. It validates both the story and the blogger. That they're important enough to sue. Also, see #1

More celebrities should take a page out of Clay's book who just lets it roll off his back and doesn't even address it, thus showing that it doesn't mean anything and it's just the stupid gossip it is. Nobody gets confirmation or validation and the story goes away.

There are a few reasons I am not crazy about Carrie. One is, what I feel, her very wooden delivery. The second is that we already had Faith Hill, so I didn't see a need for her. She just comes off very cold and impersonal. Once she achieved this level of success, I kept waiting for someone to groom her to come across warmer (like Victoria Beckham realizes she comes off as a bitch and talks about it and is trying to change it) but it never happened. Carrie could be perfectly lovely, but what she's presenting to me does not impress. In the same way I don't feel Shania Twain has an emotional attachment to any song she sings, I feel the same about Carrie.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 2:27 pm

A picture of JD Fortune, that I particularly like Wink . It was taken at the concert in Milwaukee this summer......

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 1MIL
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Some recent photos taken a couple of weeks ago after a charity concert in New Glasgow, NS. JD performed 3 songs, two being new ones from his solo CD. I wasn't there, I didn't hear them. Sad These pics were taken at Fibbers where some of the performers went to 'jam' after the show. A bit of a hair change. He's tieing it back in a bun/ponytail. The decision is still out whether most people like it or not. I do, but I like long hair, and this isn't really long.

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 IONIJ
Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 4ONIJ
Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 3ONIJ
Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 2ONIJ
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 3:32 pm

Gorgeous pix Sky! Thanks! How is he coming along on his solo CD? Did he win the Rockband battle?

I don't know, Carrie has seemed very sincere and genuine when she has won all her awards. She seems truly touched and has been very thankful toward her fans and everyone who has helped her. I wouldn't have any clue what she is like in RL, other than she loves animals and is a vegan. Shania has written many of her songs, so I do not feel that I could say she does not have a connection to them. That song she wrote in honor of her parents and their marriage seems to get to her every time she sings it and you sure feel it in the recording of the song. I cry every time I play it because I can feel her love for them and her aching over her loss of them. Different strokes I guess. I guess if I love the voice and it is a really good song than I am happy! FWIW I like Carrie's voice way more than Faith Hill's, though I see the comparison. Although I think a lot of female country singers sound a lot alike. Well, at least I have a hard time telling them apart on the radio. Many of the men too. But mostly country singers have nice strong voices.

Now, I don't think what I said about Perez comes anywhere near the analogy of murder or the KKK. I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to get away with murder regardless of who the victim was. Though I can honestly say Perez would be no loss to society Rolling Eyes I do feel someone who has made it their livelihood to HURT people, try to destroy their careers and lives is truly a lowlife. The fact that people have to fear taking any action against his lies IS sad. Clay's people probably advised him to leave it alone (rightfully so for the fact that yes it would only bring more attention to the UGLY situation) but if you think for one second that Clay has let it roll off his back you are painfully mistaken. You could see the tears in his eyes very visibly in the Diane Sawyer GMA interview when he spoke of the tabloids being WAAAAAAAY crueler than middle schoolers. He is a kind and sensitive, caring man. There is no way the cruel and vicious way PH has gone after him has not effected him. Clay basically hid for most of 2006 and ended up on Paxil. When he went on AI I doubt he ever dreamed that anybody would go after him the way that man has. And for what reason?

Sorry, that man lives to hurt people. He finds it fun. I don't know he looks his ugly face in the mirror. Little children have not even been spared his ugliness. And people have to be afraid to take action against all of it? He gets to be allowed to lie and photoshop and make-up any ugly story about people and all our suppose to let it roll off their backs? Well, isn't that special (tm Church lady) Perez is such a hot button for me it isn't funny. I truly cannot stand people who lie and purposely hurt others. Especially knowing it can damage careers and families. "It's a sad, sad situation, and it's getting more and more absurd." (tm Elton John's)

I can honestly say the only thing that I haven't enjoyed about the internet is finding out how cruel and ugly some people can be, because besides what Perez posts, the comments from people on sites like that are heartbreaking. I NEVER knew that so many people can be so full of hate for so many people who have really done nothing to anybody. Not just Clay. The comments on these types of sites over so many celebs just boggle the mind.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 4:37 pm

Hoping for a Spring release of his solo release, and I don't know about the RB poll.......I think it's silly. From reactions of the people who heard a couple of his new songs, it's good!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:11 pm

Spirng!!! Cool! Clay's is suppose to come out in May! It's going to be quite a wonderful spring with my two fave male singers getting new music out to ME!!!! Very Happy *crossing fingers and toes that they can get them out on time*

Yeah, I know what you mean. I got an email to vote in the poll, or whatever it is. I just ignored it. WE know who the best Rockstar is! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 6:20 pm

I don't quite understand running that poll.............JD won. It doesn't matter anymore. Maybe it gives the loser fans something to do! Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:12 pm

Yeah, that's probably it. It certainly was a good final four though! Razz

Hey, I saw a pic where it looks like Constantine cut his hair! It looked much better. I read where he is going to be on a show about Songs and lyrics with Wayne Brady. I know I saw it once.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:38 pm

'Idol' also-rans get another chance

Duo team on CD of former contestants

By VARIETY STAFF

Quote :
Artists' Addiction Records and Rocket Science, a sales and field marketing company, figure there's still an audience for "American Idol" finalists voted off in the early and middle rounds.
The two companies are banding together on a four-volume series featuring four "Idol" performers per CD, with each singing three original songs. First volume, which will be released Feb. 5, features recordings by Jon Peter Lewis, Ryan Starr, A.J. Tabaldo and Stevie Scott. Vol. 2, tentatively scheduled for March 4, will spotlight Alaina Alexander, Rudy Cardenas, Patrick Hall and Gedeon McKinney.
The albums will be available exclusively through Wal-Mart and iTunes.
Since their appearances on the show, the Vol. 1 contestants have had a variety of jobs. Lewis is working on the follow-up to his 2006 disc, "Stories From Hollywood"; Starr, from the first season, appeared on Bravo's "Battle of the Network Reality Stars"; Tabaldo has not been seen since he was dismissed during season six; and Scott, from season five, has been working as a concert performer.
Artists' Addiction Records was formed in 2005 and is active in music publishing and music supervision through its Stop! Go unit.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 7:11 pm

Kat McPhee got married in Beverly Hills this weekend! I saw a few pix and she looked gorgeous of course. I just don't know if this will last. She is so young and he is so much older than her. Well, I do wish them the best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 3:04 pm

Wow, Carrie Underwood sings "Sweet Child of Mine"! She does it very well too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwRXPMOpUE8
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 5:27 pm

She has a fantastic voice! Thanks for the link!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:35 pm

She lacks a good stage presence though. She sang that song really good, and I love GnR, but she needed to rock out a little bit more with it! Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:42 pm

I thought for Carrie that was rocking out and more stage presence Razz It's way more than I usually see! The girl is drop dead with a killer voice, but she is not all that fun to watch perform. This was good for her. Hopefully in time and with age she will get better.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:50 pm

I've never seen her perform other than on Idol..........so this was better than usual huh? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 15 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next