Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+8
mishmash
abrahammy
Badger
Sky
Luca
austin
frazzle
firecracker
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:06 pm

Wow, making comments on the sexuality of two teenaged boys - although I think Sanjaya is light years more worldly than Archie - that's a new low even by Constantine's bargain basement standards.

Regarding "Grease", maybe he'll replace Taylor Hicks as "Teen Angel".
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:27 pm

I hope the fucker gets sued, loses his job with AI, Sanjaya personally hunts him down and bitch slaps him up side the head, then Archie's Dad gives him his pimp cap and super glues it on greasy's rapidly balding head. Twisted Evil

And I feel no need to apologize to anyone about wanting the earth to open up and suck greekboy down into hell after listening to him spout off that garbage in all his glory. puke.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:48 pm

Green Eyez wrote:
How the GS'rs will take it:

Oh, isn't he being cute, funny, and (as FC said) REA: amd HONEST. That's showing them, GB! He probably has gaydar from being in theatre. Isn't he adorkable?

YAY! Oh, he's going to be THE BIGGEST STAR IN THE WORLD. He'll show all the HATERS and be successful. Then we'll gather up the remaining three of us who still give a damn and support him in all of his wonderful projects!

You are so right! Thank you for saying that for me, Green Eyez!!!

I'm surprised at people here who listen to these GB interviews. Didn't think you liked him enough to take the time to listen. If you want, I'll post some others you can listen to.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:49 pm

Quote :
He has hinted that he will have a part in Grease on Broadway in the fall. Fans think he will be Danny. I just do not see Constantine as a Danny. Isn't he old enough to play a HSer's dad not the HSer?

You might want to check the ages of some of the current cast like the fellow Matt Saldivar who is playing Konieckie - Matt is 36.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:16 pm

The GS'ers think he might be playing Kenickie too.

I remember when they showed the actors who were going to play the other characters in "Grease" on the show that picked the two leads. None of them looked a day under 35. And not necessarily a young 35 either.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:44 pm

Lau, as I stated I only listened because I thought people exaggerated what Constantine said. I found the link and talk about it at Rawkhands. So I listened for myself to form my own opinion about it since I know darn well from past experience that many times when you watch or listen yourself you see that it is not as bad. Well, in this case it was. I don't know how anybody can think making those gay comments about those two young boys is OK in any way, shape or form. It is beyond me. For a grown man of 32 years of age to make comments like that about such a young kid as Archie is horrible! Sanjaya may indeed be more worldly and gay or straight who is Constantine of all people to comment on what Sanjaya did on tour? Con wasn't there. He didn't see anything. All he is doing is spreading gossip. If he worked for Perez Hilton I might see why he would do it, but working for AI and a family show like AI, and talking about a young kid like Archie who has millions of little kids for fans - well I agree with Luca. I wish someone could do something to him for it. If I were Nigel or Ken I'd fire his ass at the very least. SOOOO unprofessional! At least I know my fave AIers - Clay and Cookie would never in one million years talk that way about those young boys. DC says he adores Archie like his own little brother so I hope he pops Con one when he see him! But he wouldn't. He has class. Hey, maybe Archie's dad will go off on his ass!

I don't think anyone would care to listen to other Con interviews at this point because it sure as heck won't erase what he said about Archie or Sanjaya. I don't care if he is singing the lord's praises in other interviews - it wouldn't make a difference now.

Lau, I hope you do not take any of this personally. We all like you here and are glad you are here. I know you care about him and I can appreciate that, but as someone with teenage sons all I could think of is how awful that was to say! Also, I would hate for Archie to already have to deal with all the crap that Clay has had to deal with. At least Clay was 24 years old dealing with it, not 17!

Badger, I watched that show where people voted on the people to play Danny and Sandy and I do not think they looked 35 and older. I know many of them were much younger than that. Max does not look old at all. I cannot imagine why they would choose people that old to play HSers. I understand making sure they are over 21 - probably easier - but there are tons of young people trying to get work on Broadway so I just don't get why they would hire middle aged people for the roles of teenagers scratch

ETA: Max and Laura are were 20 and 21 when they started their run in Grease.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=16958
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:08 pm

I guess I am dumbfounded and scratching my head about what there is left to like about Constantine..

I know he has some talent...but, when anyone is as obnoxious and as mean spirited as he is it-it instantly negates anything of quality that they do. Which I have'nt seen anything that he has done that really falls into that category since perhaps Brel...and I am going on personal reviews of fans of his on that since there were no critical, unbiased reviews available.

I also have no problem with anyone who thinks differently and likes him..those of us that don't agree should have the opportunity to comment whenever we find something he does newsworthy. Especially when it relates to his comments about other Idol contestants. I actually thought he did a good job on the written commentary he did for AI that was brought over here before. But, this is the epitome of him showing what the real Constantine is all about, and it ain't pretty. No
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:09 pm

Badger wrote:
The GS'ers think he might be playing Kenickie too.

I remember when they showed the actors who were going to play the other characters in "Grease" on the show that picked the two leads. None of them looked a day under 35. And not necessarily a young 35 either.

Yes, Badger, I remember watching the final show of "You're the One that I Want," and being surprised when they revealed the cast who would be in the show with the new Danny and Sandy. It was so obvious they were highly experienced, very professional Broadway performers. I think they needed that strong cast to really get the show moving well.

Everyone I know who has seen the show has enjoyed it. But a few have told me that the fellow playing Danny wasn't as charismatic as they thought a Danny should be. I've heard that there are 4 major roles being replaced: Danny, Sandy, Rizzo, and the Teen Angel. Taylor is taking the Teen Angel role for a few months but there has been absolutely no word on the other replacements.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Quote :
You are so right! Thank you for saying that for me, Green Eyez!!!

I'm surprised at people here who listen to these GB interviews. Didn't think you liked him enough to take the time to listen. If you want, I'll post some others you can listen to.
So...I'm guessing there's some sarcasm there.

There could be a picture of GB strangling puppies. The GS'rs would say "The puppy probably wasn't strangled and he was just holding him in a loving manner and some HATER PHOTOGRAPHER said he was strangling puppies!"

Then 50 objective witnesses come along to say he was strangling puppies.

"Those puppies had it coming! They probably barked real aggressively! Told him they didn't like him! He was just sticking up for himself. GOOD FOR YOU, GB!"

Now, y'all know I don't usually agree with FC, but (and don't let this get to your head FC) I completely AGREE with you!

Now, FC has never been a hater (as I'm sure I've been labeled and therefore everything I say, the people who think he's adorkable will just sum it up to that) and if she went into the interview with an open mind and found it reprehensible, I've gotta believe it.

See, the thing is, people keep saying to me "there's nothing he can do to redeem himself in your eyes at this point". I have stated EMPHATICALLY that there most definitely IS something he can do:

They are:

Get HUMBLE.
Stop MAKING AN ASS OF HIMSELF

I'm going to turn the tables a bit here. Ask the lovers if there's anything he can do to possibly make you guys not like him. So far, these are the FACTS:

He goes off on his FANS who have done nothing to provoke him.
He trolls his message boards for women to sleep with.
He has said mean horrible things ABOUT his fans.

I don't know. I just don't get it. The turning a blind eye to his misdeeds and then making APOLOGIES for it, is reprehensible. If you have a child and he came home from school and talked about his fellow classmates in the manner in which this guy has talked about his fans, you would set him straight! In many cases, these women defend him as if he's their own son. Personally, I find it apalling.

I will not apologize for thinking what I do about him.

As for the "high school students" they were pretty much all in their 30's and Stockard may have even been about 40. HOWEVER, today you actually get high school kids playing high school kids. They sing and dance and are very very talented. If they're trying to keep with the original Grease, then yeah. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 5:09 pm

I never meant to cause upset to anyone Crying or Very sad I am heartbroken about that.

I saw the interview being discussed elsewhere. I listened. I was outraged and I brought it here to be discussed at my home board with my board friends. I felt it was a topic of interest for this thread. I like it when we have discussions here.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Heartbreak? Over a former Idol contestant? No Don't beat yourself up FC over bringing over something controversial. That is what these forums are meant for...debate and discussion about entertainment and whatever strikes our fancy.

Just friendly debate and criticism about a D lister is all I see. Ok, maybe there is a bit of sarcasm sometimes...but I think we all basically show respect for each other. Just not to Constantine when he does'nt deserve it.

Like GE said, when he does do something of merit or just does'nt make an ass of himself, we have discussed that too. I think we are equal opportunity dissers (most of the time) when it gets right down to it.

Last edited by Luca on Fri May 23, 2008 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 5:51 pm

Sigh.

I give up. Some things you just can't defend. Boy, I love it when this guy takes this stage, but sometimes I wish somebody who loves him would duct tape his mouth shut unless he's singing.

I still hope he gets that part in Grease. I think he'd be perfect for it.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:00 pm

Quote :
Heartbreak? Over a former Idol contestant? Don't beat yourself up FC over bringing over something controversial. That is what these forums are meant for...debate and discussion about entertainment and whatever strikes our fancy.

Quote :
Like GE said, when he does do something of merit or just does'nt make an ass of himself, we have discussed that too. I think we are equal opportunity dissers (most of the time) when it gets right down to it.
Luca. Sigh. I don't know if I told you lately how much I love you.

Maybe I should call to say I love you.

OK, I'll stop now.

FC, never EVER be sorry for initiating debate. It's what this country is based on. Differing opinions are awesome. If we all thought the same people were wonderful, this world would be quite the boring place.

FC, I know you avoid controversy, whilst I sort of run headlong into it at full-speed, but I happen to think when our opinions differ is when we learn the most. That's why when someone isn't thrilled with an artist I think is the best thing on the planet, I try to put it in perspective and realize they just don't see and hear what I do. When they explain why, I'm always interested to hear it.

Abrahammy, I've gotta respect you. You're one of the very few who does not need to be told the emperor isn't wearing any clothes. You see the warts and choose to concentrate on the artist. Once he made it personal, I couldn't do it anymore.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:06 pm

Ya'll, a lot of these people have problems. We just haven't been quite so exposed to them. A lot of talented, wonderful people are difficult. That does not take away their talent.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:10 pm

The fun thing about opinions expressed on this board is that we do not have anybody who tries to hurt the posters who don't agree with them.

Sometimes people get their feeling hurt anyway, but under those circumstances, with no hurt intended, either actively or passive-aggressively, with no nudge nudge about people here who feel differently, it becomes an opportunity for the one who felt hurt that someone does or does like who they like or don't like to use that as a very gently tool in their own life cache to think about. Certainly the trashing of the writers on strike was one that got me going, but I loved it that people just kep expressing their own opinions.

Anyway. I have fun trashing Constantine.

I do not hate him personally. I do not know him personally, though I have met him and had some bizarre experiences. I do not know him in a personal way.

If Constantine got married i would ban the wife from the board for her own sake.

Other than that, all is fair in dissing celebrities.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:11 pm

Chazz Palmenteri is a complete fucking asshole.

I did know him personally.

Ahhhh, I feel good now.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:13 pm

Quote :

If Constantine got married i would ban the wife from the board for her own sake.

Oh, lord yes. Actually, I think the space between a celebrity and the message boards is a commodity I have come to see as valuable.

Although we've got Jason's mom posting on Internet boards now, and one VERY LOUDLY ENTHUSIASTIC friend named Sooner.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:45 pm

I'm not too sure about Jason's Mom being on the board. I can understand the 'draw' but it could be problematic, for her. It is nice to have questions answered. And just who is Sooner, anyway, do you know?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:36 pm

Thanks GE! I love you

I am by far the most frequent poster here. I try to bring lots of news about former AIers. I would have brought that interview no matter who said it because I felt it was a hot topic for discussion. I would have brought it if it were Justin G or Gina or Brandon or Elliott etc. It just happened to be Con. I did not search it out. I was looking at another board for DC/AI talk and that interview was a topic of discussion. I listened and I felt it was something that we should talk about it because it had me all upset for those boys and their families and fans. They are just kids for crying out loud. I didn't bring it here to hurt any Con fans. Like I said, I would have brought it no matter who said it because I think it is a big deal. I am still sorry that anyone was hurt by my bringing it here. I never ever want to hurt anyone here. I love you guys. You are like sisters to me I love you

GE, I actually do love to debate. People just take me wrong and think I am mad. I am actually enjoying it. I would love to debate you about Jacob and TWOP for 20 pages. But people think I am mad or upset with them. No, maybe I am mad at Jacob though "g". No, it's interesting and challenging, and I am having fun voicing my opinoin. Only in the political thread can it get a little dicey so I do pretty much avoid that.

Sorry the writers strike discussion was tough Frazz, but hey - people want their TV SHOWS DAMMIT!!
Razz

So peace out! afro (this guy always makes me think of Woodstock and Hendrix Razz )
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:14 pm

LOL, FC! Good for you!

I think some of the stuff that makes people fear they are actually hurting people here is purely semantic.

If you apologize for a disagreement of opinion it actually makes me get personally involved becuse I do not want you to feel bad. So then I feel bad. Heartbreak is a word I only use when my heart is..well, personally broken, so my alarm bells went off with worry not on behalf of Constantine fans here, but on YOUR behalf!

So I am glad to hear that it is just words.

Anytime anybody gets genuinely heartbroken here, maybe use a code word, like glockenspiel to indicate it. Without that we can just assume that nothing personal is going on that we have to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:34 pm

Quote :
Ya'll, a lot of these people have problems. We just haven't been quite so exposed to them. A lot of talented, wonderful people are difficult. That does not take away their talent.
I agree. If we're talking about some Hollywood bullshit where it's all rumor and speculation. Where we hear from a distance that some actor we thought had a really good moral compass left his wife for some young hot chippie, I say "SO WHAT?"

When Tom Cruise acts like he's currently living on Mars, I say SO WHAT?

If, like, I hear Billy Crudup left his pregnant girlfriend to be with a hot young thing, yeah it bothers me, but if "Almost Famous 2" came out, I'd be first in line.

So, as we've stated here, it's not that he's exhibited bad behavior, it's that he unleashes himself upon his fans. If any star, at any time, was personally attacking his fans, I'd drop him or her like a hot potato. I would no longer support that person. This is someone who doesn't appreciate the very people who put him or her in that position.

So, I keep saying, it's not his bad behavior that sent me running for the hills, it's how close he's gotten to his own fans and what he's done to them. I got close enough to see the scars. I got close enough to see who he really is and I was sickened and repulsed.

I think Frazz will agree with me is that part of the charm of GB was that we thought he was in on the joke. We thought he knew he was this great big cheeseball with the eye fucks and the putting the hair behind the ear and all of that crap, because when he was interviewed, he was charming and funny and well-spoken. We figured this was a guy who found a niche of the adorable guy who knew how to turn on the ladies.

Then we found out it was just plain old smarm. He took himself and his act seriously. He thought he was a rock star. He had delusions of grandeur. He would read his own FAN FIC when others were around. He didn't appreciate the fandom. He was just all about him. That's when I took a closer look and realized that the thing I loved about him was not that he was a great singer (he so totally is NOT), but that he was cheese and he embraced the cheese (if you'll remember, that was our chant in the early days) and knew his limitations and did the best with what he had.

When all that went away, all I had was a smarmy greasy lounge singer with a mediocre voice who thought he was God. Yuck.
Quote :
GE, I actually do love to debate. People just take me wrong and think I am mad. I am actually enjoying it. I would love to debate you about Jacob and TWOP for 20 pages. But people think I am mad or upset with them. No, maybe I am mad at Jacob though "g". No, it's interesting and challenging, and I am having fun voicing my opinoin. Only in the political thread can it get a little dicey so I do pretty much avoid that.

See, now this does surprise me, FC. I really thought you were angry at me for bringing that stuff over and were basically telling me you didn't want to see that crap and to take it away (maybe most of that was based on one post which you subsequently deleted). Now that I understand, I appreciate it and will relish the Jacob debate!

Quote :
Anytime anybody gets genuinely heartbroken here, maybe use a code word, like glockenspiel to indicate it. Without that we can just assume that nothing personal is going on that we have to worry about.
That made my little ol' heart all melty. Don't worry. I won't get glockenspiel.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:41 pm

Raises my glass in a toast to all my compatriots here that enjoy the hell out of dissing celebrities, friendly debating about reality TV stars and whatever, and sharing a little bit of ourselves ...*clink*
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:03 pm

GE, I was never mad that you brought the stuff here. I just disagree with Jacob and the whole idea of bashing those kids on AI, but I had a blast voicing my opinion. I know people just don't get me really. I get fired up about issues and somehow people think I am mad at "them" rather than the issues Laughing

I deleted that post because I misunderstood that whole "FC rating" thing and thought you were making fun of me or something. When I realized how you meant it then I deleted my post because it was bitchy Razz
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:13 pm

Luca wrote:
Raises my glass in a toast to all my compatriots here that enjoy the hell out of dissing celebrities, friendly debating about reality TV stars and whatever, and sharing a little bit of ourselves ...*clink*

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Cheers

Ha! I just sit back and read............never got that involved with some of the peeps you all talk about. I find it fascinating though.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:47 pm

Quote :
I deleted that post because I misunderstood that whole "FC rating" thing and thought you were making fun of me or something. When I realized how you meant it then I deleted my post because it was bitchy

Moi? Make fun of someone? HOW could you assume THAT?

OK, just so you know, I will disagree with people on here. I'll fight for my position tooth and nail, but I will not make fun of anyone on a personal level. That is always where I draw the line. If I have a problem with you the person, I'll take it to PM.

If I have an opinion about GB, of course, I'll state it loudly and muy bitchy. I pull no punches when it's a celebrity. I always respect my peeps. Especially the ones who debate with me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 26 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next