Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Celebs

Go down 
+10
Luca
southernbelle
frazzle
Green Eyez
muse
aerwin
abrahammy
austin
firecracker
Admin
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 7:35 pm

She was in a very chemically altered state. Not only is that a very bad thing given that she has kids, but it is a very bad thing given that she is anybody but Kieth Richards.

How he survives I do not know, but he does. nobody else does when they get and stay in altered states.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 7:51 pm

I don't think she needs just rehab; she needs to be in some kind of mental health facility. She seems to be in bad shape.

Let's play a game: Name a celeb who became famous and rich while young who still turned out normal?

Let's see...how about Fred Savage? He had a lot of success very early, but now he's a director, so he's behind the scenes. I just read a short article about him; he graduated from Stanford; he's married with a baby and seems quite grounded. His parents must have done something right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 9:34 pm

Ron Howard's always cited as the prime example of a child star who managed to have success both in his personal and professional life. Jodie Foster's another one.

Or how about Danica McKellar who helped discover a math theorem when she was in college? Or Mayim Bialik who is working towards her Ph.D. in I believe neurology?

How about the greatest child star of them all, Shirley Temple? Not only did she have a successful acting career but later on she became a diplomat serving as Ambassador to Ghana in the Ford Administration and Ambassador to the then Czechoslovakia in the Reagan Administration.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 10:38 pm

Opie was the only one I thought of.

I think they ought to ban kids from show biz. Ban 'em until they are 53.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:05 am

Quote :
I think they ought to ban kids from show biz. Ban 'em until they are 53.
Laughing That would sure cut down on the competition for parts would'nt it! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 10:10 am

Quote :

Let's play a game: Name a celeb who became famous and rich while young who still turned out normal?

From what I understand, most of the kids from the Brady Bunch had reasonably sane lives. Hey, have you SEEN Christopher Knight (Peter) recently? He's HOW old??? Shocked Razz

As for Britney, she has a perfectly fine body for the beach, and I'd love have a stomach that looks like hers. A bikini is not acceptable for her as a performance outfit; her body is good for a woman with 2 children, but it is not sensational. She never could sing. Now it appears she cannot dance anymore, either. Had neither energy nor enthusiasm.

Drew Barrymore and Brooke Shields both went through periods where they were trainwrecks, but managed to recover.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 11:18 pm

I saw and heard this guy up close tonight at the Austin City Limits Music Festival. OMG. He was so hot. And I don't usually talk that way!

Butch Walker

Celebs - Page 5 Butchwawlker
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 7:21 am

There are a few people at Aerwin's board who are crazy for Butch bounce Seriously, they love him! I think Aerwin does too - am I right Aerwin? Sad to say I don't even know who he is Embarassed I just know they talk about him with high praise on that board. I guess he is really good. Thanks for posting a pic of him so at least I know who they are talking about Razz Is he a solo artist or lead singer of a band?
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 12:50 pm

Oh yes I love me some Butch! I get to see more than my fair share of him since he lives right here in GA. He plays in Atl. A lot. I am glad you got to see and appreciate him for the great performer he is!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:52 pm

Quote :
From what I understand, most of the kids from the Brady Bunch had reasonably sane lives. Hey, have you SEEN Christopher Knight (Peter) recently? He's HOW old???

As for Britney, she has a perfectly fine body for the beach, and I'd love have a stomach that looks like hers. A bikini is not acceptable for her as a performance outfit; her body is good for a woman with 2 children, but it is not sensational. She never could sing. Now it appears she cannot dance anymore, either. Had neither energy nor enthusiasm.

Abrahammy, why is it that every time you post I just go yes, Yes, YES!!! You always hit it on the head. Beach, yes, performance, no. All she had was her presence. She had an amazing body and she was fun and flirty and everything a performer should be, even though she really cannot sing a note. All her live performances are lip syncing! So, now that she can't dance, doesn't have the figure she used to, and has no presence and can't dance, she's really just a sad poster girl for someone who refuses to believe she's got serious problems. Once again, I also blame those around her who encourage the behavior and tell her she's just fine.

Nevermind how OLD Christopher is (I know I'm trying to forget). How HOT did that boy become??? HOLY CRAP! When he was on "The Surreal Life" and he was standing there next to Marcus Shenkenberg, both with their shirts off, I was looking at Chris. DAMN!

For current actresses who started out young and are still going out with their underwear on: Amanda Bynes, that Hannah Montana chick (Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter), Hilary Duff. There are many others.

More? Reese Witherspoon is a shining example. What a class act she is.

Starting out young in the business does not have to screw up your life. I agree that Ron Howard is the most shining example of what can happen when you achieve success at a young age, but don't rely on that adulation for your entire self-esteem. He was in front of the camera for most of his life and he couldn't be more healthy and well-adjusted. Proof that if you have your head in the right place, you can not only survive it, but thrive.

Doogie Howser isn't doing too bad! Most of the cast of Saved by the Bell did OK. Screech, of course, can kiss my ass. Mark-Paul has done well and so has Mario Lopez.

Ricky Shroeder turned out well. He is from the same era of all those actors who turned to hardcore drugs and theft and a number of other things.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 3:33 pm

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Mark Paul!! Gorgeous man and a really good actor to boot!! I ADORE Doogie!! I so wanted him to win the Emmy last night!! He was the gosh darn cutest kid in The Purple People Eater! My boys loved that movie when they were little!

LOVE Amanda Bynes! I actually watched every episode of "What I Like About You" because she is just wonderful! I also really love Miley Cyrus. Such a talented, funny sweetie when ever I see her. Billy can't dance, but he seems to have raised a good girl! Hilary Duff was really good in her Disney show, but man she cannot sing or perform on stage at all. At least Miley really can sing. Hillary does record some really radio friendly tunes, but they are so tooled. So far she has stayed out of trouble, but I think she could be headed downward. She has been performing lately in some pretty sleazy outfits and hitting the club scene a lot. I just hope she can hang in there and keep her head on straight!

Ah, Rick Schroeder I love you Wonderful actor and from all I've read a good dad and family man. Now there was a truly adorable little actor!!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 11:49 pm

Found this out about Rick:
Quote :

Schroder made an appearance on stage at the 2000 Republican National Convention, endorsing Presidential candidate George W. Bush.

Heh. Nobody's perfect.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 3:29 am

Puke. I never liked cute lil Ricky to begin with, but he is definitely on my shit list now.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:30 pm

I wonder how "The Ricker" feels about the prez now! That would automatically put him on my shit list. Patricia Heaton got on mine when she spoke out against stem cell research. She and Kelsey are both Republicans.

I don't think Hillary is all that talented in acting or singing, but she, like Britney, made the most of what she had and has managed to stay out of the tabloids. I'll be curious to see if she goes the slutty route. It will really be too bad. Some do it for a short period of time and realize it's idiotic, and some go full-fledged into the lifestyle. Only time will tell.

I do believe that if you really have talent and can really sing, it's a damn shame when you feel you have to dress in a thong with two sequins covering your nipples. I mean, that's what they wear "on the pole" isn't it?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:59 pm

So, do all Republications automatically make your shit lists? Shocked Suspect
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 2:47 am

Republicans (and Democrats) that do not oppose early term/rape/incest abortions, gay marriage (or legal equivalent civil unions), universal health care are fine for me.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 6:03 am

Well good. I guess I am still welcomed here then. I also don't oppose any form of stem cell research. I hate war and W is an embarrassment to my party. I guess I am a half-ass republican Razz
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 6:23 am

I am not affiiated with either party. The democrats and Republicans are a monopoly if you ask me. Before you vote for anyone people need to see where their campaign contributions come from. For example Hilary takes a huge amount of money from insurance and drug companies. So do I thnk she will do anything about health care? No I do not. Health care is a desperate situation in this country. I am appalled at how many people have to declare bankruptcy due to medical cost. And that is with insurance. Of course if there is not tort reform there is no hope either. Considering most lobbyists are laywers you can forget that too.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 6:36 am

Quote :
So, do all Republications automatically make your shit lists?

Anybody who thinks W is not a completely dangerous and damaging trainwreck makes my shit list. Even my Dad has thrown up his hands in disgust. Worst. President. Ever.

As for Frazzles's list, I am entirely with her about allowing gay couples to have civil unions, I agree that there are certain specific times when abortion is the least horrific option, (this is the issue about which I am most conservative) and I agree completely about the health care issue.

Who knows? Hillary took a bad stab at health care 16 years ago. Maybe she will do a mulligan and try again as Prez.

Because I think she's got a VERY good shot at being Prez, and I'm trying to decide if that's a good idea or not. Of course, the nation WAS much happier, more peaceful and more affluent when her husband was Prez, regardless of his sexual morals or judgement. Given the DISASTER that was W... and the complete lack of talent in the Republican field... Hillary.. maybe the only option.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 8:30 am

I am a registered Democrat now although I used to consider myself an Independent. One reason I registered was so I could vote in the primaries.

My entire family has always been Democrats, except for one exception. There is this woman in my family, Lucianne Goldberg, (she was married to my mother's first cousin, he passed away not that long ago), who was literally some kind of spy against George McGovern. She rode on his campaign plane and got info for the Republicans. I wish I was making this up, but...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/goldberg020498.htm

THEN, many years later, she got involved in the Monica Lewinsky mess. She knew Linda Tripp, (Lucianne is a well-known literary agent), and she is the one who suggested Tripp record her phone conversations with Lewinsky. I met her once at a family reunion in NJ about 9 years ago while the whole mess was going on. Someone who had been ill asked her, "So Lucianne what's going on with you?" Everyone laughed, but rather quietly. This is her site. She just uses it as a news collector now, I guess, but she used to write a blog. http://www.lucianne.com/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/story012498.htm

Lucianne's son, Jonah, (my 2nd cousin I guess) is an on-line editor for the National Review and writes a column, and has been on the Daily Show. http://author.nationalreview.com/latest/?q=MjE5NQ==

Oh, and I guess my brother who lives in San Diego is not a Democrat anymore. He was practically a Communist in college, but he completely changed his political ideas after he lived in Israel.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 9:28 am

Wow, what an interesting member of your family tree Surprised
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 10:01 am

So far I Like Barack Obama the best. I was hoping Gore would run but it is getting a little late in the game. I like to have a list and be able to check off the ten things that are most important to me and see if the canidate has that in common with me. I just wish most people would research before they blindly vote. Especially according to party lines.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 3:14 pm

Right now, I'm rooting for John Edwards who I also supported last time with Hillary and Obama very very close behind. Although Hillary and Obama seem to be doing better, I wouldn't be surprised to see Edwards take it in the end if only because he's a white male. But really, I think all the Democrats running would probably do a good job.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 4:37 pm

There's something about Hillary that bothers me, I'm not sure what it is. Maybe I just get the feeling she tells people what she thinks they want to hear. The previous Clinton presidency relied so heavily on focus groups before they'd come out with an opinion.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 4:48 pm

I do not like the Clintons. I just don't. Sorry. I do like Edwards, though I read somewhere that people in North Carolina had some issues with the way some things were handled there. I also prefer Obama to Hillary. I just don't trust her. I would love to live to see a woman president though! Just not her Razz

Since this is the celeb thread and we need to bring this thread back on topic, I think Streep would make a good president!! Laughing Or Patty Duke? Or Oprah?? Razz Hey, who was that actress who played the president on TV? She has a little experience! Who the heck was that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Celebs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celebs
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Celebs & Reality TV-
Jump to: