Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Celebs

Go down 
+10
Luca
southernbelle
frazzle
Green Eyez
muse
aerwin
abrahammy
austin
firecracker
Admin
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 12:15 pm

Oh, I know you agree about Clay, and I love you for that. I just want the others/guests who don't go in Clay's thread to see/know this about him. He is just such a good man. That is why I follow his career so closely. If he were just a beautiful voice I would not be so dedicated.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 4:03 pm

Hey, spreading love and good times is a very worthwhile cause! Post all the fun-loving, happy, gotta-love-him things you want!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 9:30 pm

OK...people...

I live in L.A. Do you know what I heard in every teaser for the MF'n NEWS today?

Our top story: Lindsay Lohan...

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!! They're not freakin' TMZ.com! Are you kidding me here? TOP STORY?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 10:16 pm

I know Rolling Eyes It's unbelievable No Just like Paris. And Brit. Everything those girls do is "News" and "Breaking News". What has the world come to when the "real news" networks think anything that goes on with Lohan and Hilton is "real news". But then we were bombarded with Anna Nicole for MONTHS after she died. Nightly..for months...
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 10:55 pm

Really? I would think L.A. would be the only place inundated with that sort of thing. The Anna Nicole thing...I couldn't believe it. You're right. Months. You know, if she was a beloved actress. Someone who had achieved something in her life, I could partially understand it. Granted, at least she modeled and tried to work a bit, unlike Paris who's famous for being famous.

Lindsey at least had a career. They think their addictions are funny and they don't have a problem because everyone around them is doing it, so they think it's "normal". You know, if one good thing could have come out of the whole Anna Nicole thing, it's that you CAN die from having that kind of lifestyle! They're so young I think they really believe they won't die from what they're doing. Like I said, if everyone around you is drinking like a fish, you think you don't have a problem. Just so sad.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 12:14 am

I think sordid stories become mainstream news when there is some sort of not-so-secret morality tale involved.

So it does not surprise me that the "girl who has everything and blows it" stories make endless headlines.

The thing that is newish is that due to the speed of stories spreading on the internet (and the paparazzi get their clues faster, too, and video is often now available) is that tabloids and legit news are getting savvy about predicting who is going to blow it in a big way, and goad and follow more expertly than before. Even back in the old days celebrity bad behavior was popular, but the news tended to only happen once a celeb DID something. Now they (and we) follow them knowing, due to minor but consistent tidbits, who is likely to do something.

Are other things more important? Absolutely. But even we (brilliant though we are) give the most posts about frivolity. Do I want that to change? Nope. I need frivolity.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 6:44 am

What??? Pretty boys and dolls are frivolity???? affraid
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 11:37 am

Frazz, I love frivolity and gossip and all that. I watch a morning show and there's a lady who does all the gossip and I can't wait for it, but the guy on the show puts her down for the gossip and she succumbs to that and hides behind the mags or looks embarrassed and it totally pisses me off, because I LOVE that stuff! I go to TMZ, etc. I really really love the gossip.

I agree that we know more, faster than we used to and you didn't need to be a psychic to know Lindsey was just about to run into that brick wall.

I guess I have my resources for my salacious gossip. There's plenty of places to get the whole story about Lindsey and I'll read every word! I have no problem with celeb news! It's just ...TOP STORY! I was a bit taken aback. I do know that The News is a show looking for ratings just like every other show and that's what sells.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:09 pm

This fellow doesn't count as a celebrity yet (probably never will), but he heads a rock group called Suicide Holiday. He comes from Germany and his name is raLF. I met him through some bettys several years ago. As a person he is brilliant and hilarious. I have not actually seen them play.

Here is his myspace, and here is his current picture, plus one of the way he actually looks.

Celebs - Page 4 Ralfnm6

He has striped dreadlocks.

Celebs - Page 4 Ralf2lt0
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:53 pm

Ralf does look like he has a helllava great personality! Dreads are really big right now in German rock and rollers it seems! Wink

Ok, question for those of you that follow Lindsey Lohan movies (hee hee!)
Is she a talented actress? If not, she sure must put some teenage assess in the seats because studios keep hiring her despite her issues, bad press, and diva attitude.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 3:58 pm

Lindsay Lohan was an excellent child/teen actress. Her problem has been that she hasn't been able to make that transition into adult roles or at least not to the point where people want to see her in them. Her latest movies have pretty much tanked at the box office.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 11:41 pm

Frazz, that moving eyes picture is freakin' me out!

I thought she did a good job in "Mean Girls". They keep hiring her because her name is on EVERYONE's lips right now. I don't think it's because she's this amazing actress.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:59 am

Her last several movies have bombed. That is what the producers will be thinking about now. No matter how much she is in the news or tabloids she cannot put butts in the seats.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:22 pm

Hey, did anyone see Brit open the VMAs? affraid

Oh Lordy - that was bad!! She can't even lip-sync anymore! What the heck happened to that girl?? She used to be a good dancer at least.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:33 pm

FC, I did not watch, but will find some clips tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:50 pm

Frazz, you can watch it here!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1569254/20070909/spears_britney.jhtml
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:07 am

That was very painful to watch...........

I don't know, maybe it's just me............but I worry about the image these stars are making to our young girls. I would hate to think if I had a daughter and she was suggestively dancing and dressing like so many of the 'stars' that they see everyday on videos.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 5:43 am

Oh, just no. Her manager needs to take some kind of responsibility for that debacle. She is seemingly not in her right mind and probably shouldn't be allowed to even cross the street by herself, much less "perform live" on national/international tv! Disaster. I am flabbergasted at what I saw.

Off to wake the kiddies and then play the first tennis match of the season (even though I went to sub-status, I've been asked to play at least the first two matches.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:11 am

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought that performance was bad all the way around.

Sky, I have worried about the effect Britney (and others like her) have a little girls for several years now. At the height of Brit's popularity I had a 5 year old kindergartner in my day who told me she wanted to be "sexy like Britney" Shocked I didn't even think a 5 year old knew what sexy meant. She said this while we were dancing to a Kidz Bop CD.

I HATE lip-syncing! It is an insult to people's intelligence. Why even bother when it is soooo obvious that they are not singing. Just get up there and dance to your record then and don't even try to pretend your singing. It's just a joke. At least all the kids from AI really sing!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:00 am

Good lord she was even out of synch with the lip synching. She's toast.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 7:21 pm

Wow...the video is no longer available, even on Perez Hilton.

OK, found another link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK3EeOr6jBg

Terrible!

It looked as though it was a first rehearsal.

I will say this: it is a shame that a body like hers currently, is just not considered good enough.

I'd be ecstatic to have a body like that.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 11:52 am

She was dreadful and horrible. She's obviously doped up in some way and not completely living in the universe. An intervention will do no good, since her mom forced her into rehab and she got pissed about it and partied until 6 a.m. the day of the awards.

In the photoshoot she walked out of, she complained the clothes weren't sexy enough. She insisted on wearing that freaking bikini. Now, I would die to have that body too. Most agree she wasn't "fat". Unfortunately, we've all seen her in top shape and this wasn't it. If you're gonna wear that outfit, you've gotta have a rocking body (like totally physically fit and toned - not skinny anorexic looking). If you don't, you've gotta sell your performance like a mofo. Ooze sexiness from every pore. Beyonce ain't exactly a waif, ya know? Unfortunately, she had no sex appeal and couldn't even lipsync, so all people could do was look at her body.

It is a shame that in this day and age, "singers" are required to dance around so that they MUST lipsync. So, when you go to see a show live, you're getting a dance variety show, which is nice, I guess. There are so few actual good young singers now, it makes me upset. All Britney had were her performing skills. Now she doesn't even have that.
Back to top Go down
mishmash

mishmash

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 11:58 am

I read somewhere that Britney saw herself in the numerous video monitors mounted all-around the venue and was horrifed to see herself perhaps not quite the way she imagined she would look during her performance.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 5:43 pm

She could have easily worn something that was still sexy yet covered her figure flaws. Too bad she wouldn't listen to any of the stylists there. I heard there were 3 or 4 other outfits for her to wear.

(of course I would be thrilled to have her body Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 6:22 pm

I am also greatly saddened that this child has children. Her lifestyle does not reflect that at all. The fact that she just keeps wanting to dress in skimpier and skimpier outfits shows that she's only interested in looking sexy and not being responsible.

The people around her are not being honest, but I don't think she cares at this point. She's obviously not well and needs some serious help. I don't know what kind of bottom she has to hit, but performing live in front of millions of people and looking like a joke hasn't done it.

I'm also not pleased with the plethora of people around her making excuses for what happened. Do they think anyone believes what they're saying? After what they saw with their own eyes? So, she makes excuses and the people around her make excuses and then she just doesn't get help. She learns no lessons except to do whatever she wants and there's no repercussions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Celebs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebs   Celebs - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celebs
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Celebs & Reality TV-
Jump to: