Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV shows

Go down 
+6
Janice
Green Eyez
aerwin
austin
firecracker
frazzle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 9:04 am

OH thanks Sky!! I LOVE the one in the hat!! He always did look great in a hat! If there is a larger version of that pic let me see it!!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 9:15 am

Haha! Of course I have a bigger picture!

TV shows - Page 5 SmileBarrie
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 10:11 am

I don't even want to tell you where my mind went with that picture Evil or Very Mad Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 1:08 pm

Wink I'm not saying where mine was/is either!! And that happens to be one of the calmer pics that I have in my PB!! Smile
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 1:42 pm

Well then, I think you better let me into your PB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 10:59 pm

I didn't catch the full Emmy Awards last night, though I found out online who won everything.

Nothing pissed me off, though James Spader winning best actor in a drama at this point in the quirky kinda boringness of Boston Legal was as surprising to me as it was to him.

The only thing that stood out for me that i did see was that Elaine Stritch should rule the world.

I have been trying to find a clip of what she did but haven't found it yet.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:44 am

I watched the whole Emmy show Frazz. It was just so-so this year!

Elaine is a riot! LOVE her!

Spader was funny. So were a few others. Highlights for me was America's win. Also Kathrine from Grey's win! I was so happy for Thomas Hayden Church because I am a big fan of his! I felt bad for Sally Field forgetting what she wanted to say and looking a bit foolish stammerng away. Ray Romano was awful. Ryan was neither bad nor great - just sort of there. I think the best part was the Jersey Boys performance! As much as I love Xtina, I thought her number with Tony Bennet was a dud. They looked great though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 9:54 am

I was so happy that America Ferrara and Ricky Gervais (best actor and actress in a comedy) won in their categories. I loved Ugly Betty and Extras. From what I understand, Ricky is the first non-American to win in that category.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 11:45 am

I LOVE Ugly Betty!! My fave new show from last year and one of my very faves period! America is so wonderful in that show, and seems like a total sweetheart in RL!

I never heard of Ricky or the show Extras Shocked I must live in a cave Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Ricky Gervais created and starred in the UK version of The Office along with his partner Stephen Merchant who was also involved in Extras Extras was on HBO which is why you may not have heard of it but it was hilarious.

Basically, it was about people who work as extras in the movie industry. In the second season, Ricky Gervais's character got the lead in this really terrible sitcom which the critics hated but the public loved. Quite a few actual stars did cameos including Ian McKellan (who got an Emmy nomination for Best Male Guest Star in a Comedy), Daniel Radcliffe, Dame Diana Rigg, Patrick Stewart, Orlando Bloom, Robert DeNiro, and David Bowie. In the show Bowie was in, Andy Millman (Ricky's character) is feeling depressed because here he's wanted to be a serious actor and he's doing this mass appeal sitcom so he goes to his local pub and there's David Bowie! One thing leads to another and Bowie ends up making up and singing a song for Andy right on the spot. A song about a little fat man who sold out his principles. It's very funny.

Interestingly enough, Ashley Jensen was in both Extras and Ugly Betty

here's a link to the show's official site on HBO

For my money, Stephen Merchant should have also gotten an Emmy nod.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 2:36 pm

Thanks for the link!

It looks interesting. We don't have HBO. I love Ashley!! She is so funny. Ricky looks so familiar scratch
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 6:22 am

Ricky Gervais is a GENIUS! I love him. I watched the BBC Office way before it was on here. I like the American one too. I thought the Emmys were terrible. Ryan Seacrest was horrible. He is not funny. The only parts I liked were the Kanye / Rainn Wilson skit and Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart. I was thrilled Terry O Quinn won for Lost. But james Spader over James Gandolfini and Hugh Laurie? Please I thought Kyra Sedgwick or Minnie Driver shoud have won over Sally Field. And I do not like anything Grey's Anatomy at all.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:55 pm

As much as I love movies and TV, I hate awards shows. I like watching the highlights later. I would have loved to see James' speech, as I think he's hilarious and I adore him beyond all measure.

Has anybody here seen the HBO show "Tell Me You Love Me"? Holy crap! It's got Alley Walker from one of my favorite shows "Profiler" and "Jonesy" from "Carnivale" playing her husband.

When they're having sex, I've read that they're HAVING SEX. There is a whole lotta sex on this show. You do get to see amany "things" you've never seen on any mainstream show/movie. For instance, when a woman is touching her husband...you know what I mean...you actually SEE her touching him! There's a young couple where the girl gets on top and you can see the guy's uh...berries underneath her. Damn!

Some other deep emotional stuff going on. Jane Alexander is a marriage therapist helping two of the couples through their crap. Well, one couple and Alley Walker because her husband won't go.

I find Tim DeKay (Jonesy) very very sexy and you get to see him without a shirt, so that's a plus!

It's pretty good, but like I said, the sex it pretty graphic and there's plenty of it.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:32 pm

We don't get HBO and I never even heard of that show. They are really having sex Shocked . Wow, I wouldn't have thought Ally Walker would do that. I was a HUGE Profiler fan!! I think I still have most episodes on tape. I adored Julian McMahon! I taped all his episodes on Charmed too. Then I was over him - figures. Right before he ends up on a show like Nip/Tuck where you get to see sooooo much of him!! Razz I still think he's a hottie, I'm just not as obsessed as I used to be Wink
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 1:12 pm

I was surprised when I heard Ally was going to be in a show where people are really having sex. Then I saw it. She and her husband haven't had sex for a year, so she's the only woman on the show not gettin' a little sumpin' sumpin'.

They started to do the recaps on TwoP, but then, as they said, they pulled out early. The person who did the recaps said they were going to have a macro of "and then they have sex". Also, in the scene where you see the guy's berries, she said if they weren't really having sex, they had no idea "where he was putting it".

Sad, because I do not find that guy sexy AT ALL. He's a teacher, but the recapper and I agree that he looks like a homeless bum.

Also, the recapper and I were both repulsed by a woman who keeps doing pregnancy tests and then not washing her hands afterwards. Hey, I'm repulsed in general by women who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. Especially if they're cooking something I'm going to eat! Ewww! Also, they've done tests on women's purses and found like feces and urine due to women putting their purse on the floor in public bathrooms! I never do that! OK, I'm grossing myself out now. I'll stop.

Julian McMahon is hella sexy. It took me a while to realize he was the guy on Profiler, since the roles are so different. I also at first confused him with the gay lawyer guy on "Brothers and Sisters".
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 12:41 am

I keep waiting for HBO to make their shows available on the internet.

I am not crazy about graphic sex scenes, though. I always feel too sorry for the actors.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:19 am

So I came to the Heroes season premiere tonight late...about 20 minutes in.

I enjoyed it enormously.

I dunno if I could ever explain what is going on to somebody who doesn't know the show, but it has many fun tidbits all over the place.

Tonight, an old comedy/singing partner of mine, Stephen Tobolowsky was
featured.

TV shows - Page 5 Tobocr9

This man makes me giddy with his comedic brilliance.

I remember us talking about him in Raines, but I dunno if I mentioned that we had an act many years ago. Performed it at the aptly named Titanic Lounge, late nights after the mainstage show at a theater.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:10 am

Very cool Frazz!! I'm not sure I know him really. I think I have seen him. I just can't bring myself to watch Heros. I try to want to watch it, but I just don't. Maybe I will next week to see your old buddy!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:24 am

OOOH I love Heroes. I thought the premiere was great last night. Nathan and Peter are alive so I'm all happy. Nathan is a drunk howwever. But I will take Adrian Pasdar anyway I can get him. I cannot believe Hiro's hero is a drunken englishman sword for hire, I felt bad for Claire last night . But her potential new bf is a hero too.

I also watched that new show Chuck it is very very cute. I will watch again.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am

Darn, I wanted to see Chuck!! Mad I didn't realize it started last night. Glad to hear it was good. I will be sure to check it out next week.

I totally LOVE Adrian and Milo. I really do. But for some reason when I see the previews of the show it just does not look like my sort of thing. But then I can't get into Lost either Razz I really want to like the "cool" shows too!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:14 am

oh yeah watch it! You will like it. The cast is adorable.

OTOH I watched Back to You last week with Kelsey Grammer . It was bad. He is usually so funny , but I won't watch again. Remember all the soecualtion about GB being on that show?

Is anyone going to watch Cane? I am . I like Jimmy Smits so I'll give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:38 pm

I'll be flipping around the channels tonight trying to check in on the new shows. I am not sure whether Dancing with the Stars or Biggest Loser will be more inspiring.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:49 pm

I'm watching the new Jimmy Smits show, Cane, and it just isn't holding my interest at all. He is very handsome though!!

I should probably watch Biggest Loser, you know, with the holidays coming and all, I could use some motivation Razz

Speaking of holidays, Target is selling Hershey's Kisses Candy Corn bounce and chocolate marshmallows!!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:14 pm

As I flip through the shows tonight I got reminded (also by the Stephen Tobolowsky recollections yesterday--FC he was in Groundhog Day as well as many other films and TV shows)....I am remembering personal encounters of some sort or other with Mr. Wax himself, Wayne Newton, Jimmy Smits, and John Larroquette (who is joining Boston Legal tonight.

Jimmy I met at a party, he and his wife/girlfriend sat at the table I was at. Everybody was actors, so lots of noise and hilarity. Jimmy and wife were pleasant, but quiet.

Wayne I did not exactly meet, but I was in Las Vegas for a computer meeting, and I kept running into Wayne in the hallways. He seemed to be desperately prowling for fans. I did not oblige, though I at least smiled a bit.

John Larroquette was in the same general theater groups I was in many years ago and I thought he was brilliant. Not all that pleasant, unfortunately, but a wonderful actor. I cast him in a play I wrote that I was also IN and got to do some very funny cock teasing of him. He was still brilliant, but still not very warm. A few years after he started doing Night Court I got cast in a small role on that and he acted as if he had never met me before. Fuck him.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:17 pm

sorry, had a double post

Last edited by on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV shows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV shows
Page 5 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next