Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dancing With The Stars

Go down 
+5
abrahammy
Green Eyez
frazzle
firecracker
Sky
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dancing With The Stars Empty
PostSubject: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 6:36 am

So, who's planning on watching tonight? I most definitely will be watching.

Here's the list..........

Melanie Brown and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Sabrina Bryan and Mark Ballas
Helio Castroneves and Julianne Hough
Mark Cuban and Kym Johnson
Jennie Garth and Derek Hough
Josie Maran and Alec Mazo
Cameron Mathison and Edyta Sliwinska
Floyd Mayweather and Karina Smirnoff
Wayne Newton and Cheryl Burke
Marie Osmond and Jonathan Roberts
Albert Reed and Anna Trebunskaya
Jane Seymour and Tony Dovolani
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 am

I might watch. I have to say I am not interested in any of the celebs this season. I guess I will have to see what else is on at the same time. They had such a great line-up last time. I mean Wayne Newton? Marie Osmond? I just don't think I will really care about any of these teams No
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 7:47 am

Yeah, Wayne Newton I can't stand to watch sing let alone dance! He might do well though. Jane Seymour I like as well as Marie Osmond. I love watching Maksim dance, so I'll be watching! Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 8:10 am

I like Marie and Jane just fine as people, but i just don't think I'll find them very exciting dancers to look forward to watching. I think this season would just be fun to watch the pros and skip the celebs! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:15 am

I do watch it mostly to watch the pros.................sometimes they get stuck with the worst stars....... Neutral
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 8:12 pm

At 9 I will watch Heroes, but I'll tune in to this one 'til then.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 9:38 pm

OK, I consider myself someone who knows pop culture really well. I also know obscure celebrities. I can tell when a former child star is in an adult role. If someone wants to know of some actress who played in some film from 20 years ago, I'll know who they are, even if they're not the lead.

This is all leading up to this: From the first names up there, I couldn't tell which was the dancer's name and which was the celebrity's.

I usually watch when the field is narrowed considerably.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:41 am

I wound up not watching Dancing with the Stars.

From the list, this is all I know:

Melanie Brown (Spice girl who had Eddie Murphy's baby?)
Floyd Mayweather ( a boxer? either that or the name is similar to an old time boxer)
Wayne Newton (a figure from the Wax Museum)
Marie Osmond (Donnie's sister)
Jane Seymour (Dr. Quin, who is looking quite fabulous)
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:06 am

Jane Seymour ALWAYS looks fabulous!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 7:28 am

Frazzle..........I love your description of Wayne Newton. The guys don't dance until tonight. I'm afraid he might dance well, we'll see. Mayweather is a boxer and I'm thinking he will do well. I don't know why I think that though.

Jane Seymour did look fabulous, and she really danced well. I do however think the people who have been choreographed for stage or song perfomances in their careers have an advantage over the ones that have not had that experience. I thought the Cheetah girl and Maksim danced very well, but she has had dance choreography before and I think that is not fair to the others. They incorporated some Hip Hop moves, that they have to lose though.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:43 pm

Well, I watched tonight. I liked Jennie a lot. She is a sweetie and so pretty. I liked Marie and Jane too. Wayne is horrible and looked like a wax figure. Good god he is scary looking affraid Poor Cheryl. She will soon be gone. What a disappointment for her No How in the world did she get stuck with him? I guess they were tired of her in the finals scratch Most of the guys blur together for me so far. I don't really care about any of them. I guess the race care driver with Julianne is a fave for me as she is just the cutest thing!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:33 am

I agree that Wayne needs to go before another decent dancer is sent home. He is just weird looking and can't dance with any enthusiasm. Poor Cheryl, is right.....she doesn't even look happy to be there and hasn't since the first show. I like Jane Seymour and Helio.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 12:06 pm

Yeah, Helio and Julianne will make the final night I think. Jane is very classy! Marie is really funny. Jennie is really sweet. Most of the guys are boring I think. I have missed Sabrina every time, but from the recaps it looks like she is really good too.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:04 pm

Sabrina is good, maybe too good for this competition. I think her choreography on stage, or perhaps some dance somewhere, has given her an advantage. I sometimes don't think it's fair to the other contestants. As far as the guys, Helio is very good and I like Mark Cuban's humor and attitude, his dancing isn't terrrific but he sure tries. The recent hip surgery is a hindrance for him. The male professional dancers.....well..........Maksim makes the heart beat a little faster! So I'm rooting for him and Mel to do well for a while, so that he stays on the show longer. Smile
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:09 pm

Derek is the pro-male I think is a cutie!! Hey, is he related to Julianne?? I bet he is! That is not that common of a name and they are both blonde. Oh goodness, there is way too much cute in that family!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 2:46 pm

Derek is her brother. Quite a talented family!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 3:31 pm

Yes, talented too! I am so shallow to just mention all the pretty Razz But come on, those are too super great looking young people! They also seem sweet, funny, nice and down to earth. Seems their folks did an awesome job with them.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 7:35 pm

OOh Sky you are right about Max!! I really enjoyed his number during Billie Ray and Miley's song!

BTW, I think that Miley Cyrus is just so adorable!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 7:54 pm

firecracker wrote:
OOh Sky you are right about Max!! I really enjoyed his number during Billie Ray and Miley's song!

BTW, I think that Miley Cyrus is just so adorable!!

I haven't seen the show yet because of my timezone............

Awww.............Max definitely has my attention.......

Dancing With The Stars Pirates3prem67
Dancing With The Stars Maksim_chmerkovskiy
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 8:22 pm

He makes me think of a darker, more handsome Lance Bass. I see your type is dark hair and dark eyes as I see a little of JD also.

I can't wait for you to see the show! Be sure and post when it is over for you!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:08 pm

cheers cheers cheers America got it right................finally......Wayne is off the show! Now it's a competition.

Oh yes, the dance during Billy Ray's song.............too bad Maksim had to dance with Corinna.........she's not my favorite, but then I wasn't watching her anyway. Wink

You know.....I do like dark and handsome.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:37 am

Yes, I too was so glad that he was the one to leave. Nothing against him personally. I am sure he is a very nice man, but he was horrible on the dance floor and just very sad to look at - like plastic surgery gone horribly wrong or something. He does not look real No He looks like some kind of wax figure or something. Very sad what he did to himself. I do feel really bad for Cheryl though. She is a wonderful dancer and has been so loved by the public and brought so much to the show in the previous seasons. Such a shame she was paired with him. I have no idea how the couples are paired up, but she had to know early on that she was not going to be on the show long this time around and I am sure that was tough for a two time champ.

I actually do like Corinna. I guess because I really enjoyed her with Mario. I think she has the most amazing legs!! Sadly, I cannot even imagine what it must be like to have such gorgeous legs Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:49 am

I do not feel bad for Cheryl. She got two very solid partners in a row and got to win the thing TWICE. Her partner last year was respectable. It was her turn for the short straw. Each year, somebody gets stuck with a dud; they might as well take turns, because these pros are all really good and none of them really deserve to carry around dead weight.

The girl I felt bad for was Ashley, who seemed to get one awful loser after another. Also, Cheryl's loser partner is not a talented dancer, but he did not come across as a lazy, arrogant prick, and Mr. P, or whatever his name was, did.

Wayne has definitely had far too much plastic surgery. He looks like a mannequin.

I think it's fabulous how well Jane Seymour is doing, and I have new respect for Scary Spice. I think a woman might win this year, because none of the men just blow me away like Apolo did last season.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:09 am

I have not followed the show closely except for last year because of Apolo. Is Mr. P the black rap guy who wouldn't wear the right shoes or take off that stupid hat? I remember something like that going on when I would catch parts of the show when nothing else was on. I really only watched this show in the later stages of Mario and the football player (whose name escapes me right now) and all of last season. I never watched any of the first one and only the finale of the one Drew won.

Well, I agree that Cheryl has been very lucky indeed in the past, but I still feel for her being out so soon. I do feel for all the pros when they have bad dancers and are out right off the bat. It's too bad that they even put celebs on that are just awful. It would be nice if they could pick celebs that don't have two left feet and can at least stand a chance at being decent. It's like they put obvious duds in to be the dead weight at the beginning. Kinda of like some of the WTFs that put in the top 24 on AI.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:05 pm

Tonight's results are just all kinds of wrong Evil or Very Mad

What a shame and loss to the season IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dancing With The Stars
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next