Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dancing With The Stars

Go down 
+5
abrahammy
Green Eyez
frazzle
firecracker
Sky
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:48 am

OK, last night the only couple who didn't disappoint me was Helio and Juliann! Both numbers rocked!! I really expected a lot more from Max and Mel's freestyle, and Marie's doll number was just awful. I was shocked at how bad it was. I really like Marie and I have no problem with her winning. I will be happy for her. But that was just such a bad idea for her big number. Maybe if it was just one of several for a tour show or something that would have been fine. But for her big finish No I really felt bad for her, and to be honest she just looked silly with that OTT make-up. I sure would like to have seen what Jenny and Derek would have done for their big number. I am still hoping for an Helio win because I think he has been the most consistantly entertaining and fun to watch. Marie has always been fun, but not nearly one of the best dancers. Mel is a good dancer, but for some reason she just doesn't interest me that much. I do not know if the print interview I read on line yesterday of Max was "real" because if it was I am just affraid So if it is a real interview, than I think he may have cost him and Mel some votes. Kinda tacky in my book.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 12:34 pm

Here is a link to DialIdol and what couple they are predicting won.

Don't click on the link if you don't want to know! Of course I have no idea how accurate they are, but I do know that last year they were 91% right.

http://stars.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:10 pm

Well, I really enjoyed the finale! A really fun two hours. It was so nice to see everyone again. I so enjoyed this season. I am going to miss it Crying or Very sad , but I plan to watch that new Bruno/Carrie Ann dance/sing show! It will come on in Jan. just like AI. I so look forward to both shows!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:53 am

Eh. DialIdol blew it. Oh well: Max blew it, too - he did not give Mel the choreography she needed on that freestyle to win. I voted for Mel and Max, and I DON'T think Helio was even close to be the best dancer this year, but you know what? If you dance one reasonably good dance and one really good freestyle, and everybody else in the round lays an egg, I think there's a fair shot you are gonna win the thing. He brought it when he absolutely had to, Mel didn't, and Marie... uh... is a ... doll.

(Actually, from a strategic standpoint, I thought the doll concept was kind of like a clever way of cheating. It appeared to me to be a way to try to mask the fact that she was not a good enough dancer to do those lifts well.)

One thing I really like about Dancing with the Stars: I've NEVER left it feeling suspicious, nor have ever seethed with hatred for the gross unfairness or crassness or stupidity of any of the judges. EVER. I think Bruno's overly flamboyant, but he's not generally grossly wrong, and listening to Len talk is downright educational.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:30 am

I agree about the judges and never feeling too upset, though I totally think Mario should have won. Helio - I disagree with you on. That man brought total joy to the routines. I would smile the whole time he was dancing. He was a total delight. Mel, though technically the best of the 3, did nothing for me while dancing. I just couldn't have cared less if she were there. Off stage she was far more interesting. I think on DWTS personality is HUGE. You have got to get the voters to really care about you. Sadly, I never cared about Mel. Max is gorgeous and awesome but I still think that interview may have cost him some voters. With all of personal struggles Marie is going thru right now, ripping her in the press right before the final night of dancing was not smart IMHO. If he really said all that stuff then I don't know how she could have looked at him that night. Whether or not Marie is a good dancer is one thing, the fact that a lot of America loves the Osmonds was reason enough to zip his mouth at that point. Save it for afterwards.

For me, it was the perfect ending to a great season. A really fun finale and a very fun win. I was thrilled for Helio!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 am

Sad

Maks drops out of 'Dancing With the Stars' for new season:

Quote :
One of Dancing With the Stars' most beloved pros is diversifying. Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who tangoed his way to second place twice, with celebrity partners Leila Ali and Mel B., is taking next season off to pursue other projects. "There are a lot of things in the works that I want to tend to," says the 28-year-old Latin ballroom champion. "People say this show opens doors, but you're so busy doing the show, that you're not able to use the doors." Speaking from the set of the second Dancing with the Stars fitness DVD, due out this fall, Chmerkovskiy, known to fans as Maks, says he'll be back the following season, but won't be specific about his immediate future. The sixth round of DWTS premieres on ABC on March 17. On Tuesday, Feb.19, Good Morning America will break the top secret news of which celeb will be waltzing with which dancer this season. The only thing we know for now is that Maks won't be one of them.

But it starts up again in just one month cheers Can't wait to see who the celebs will be this season!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 9:32 pm

I am so disappointed with the stars for this season of DWTS. I couldn't care less about any of them. The Hispanic actor is drop dead gorgeous, so I guess I will be rooting for him. I used to enjoy Kristy's skating. I like the actor from 3 Men and a Baby, but something tells me he won't be that great of an actor. Priscilla Presley looks like the Joker lately Shocked Either bad plastic surgery or make-up job. I will watch and hope that it is a good season. I just wish there were more interesting celebs. Plus Max is gone.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:54 am

It must be tough to find noteworthy people who have the time to spare for this and the physical resiliency to think it a fun challenge rather than a terrifying way to throw out your back.

Priscilla Presley - I find her face creepy these days. Lady, you are old. There is no shame in that. Wear it with pride and stop the face lift competition with Michael.
Kristi Yamaguchi - Well, at least one person is going to be REALLY good. Love her.
Adam Carolla - Heard of the name, but can't really place him.
Marlee Matlin - A deaf dancer. It will be interesting to see how this will work. Well, I saw her give a speech once and she turned out to be a very compelling public "speaker" so she may figure this one out, too.
Shannon Elizabeth - I've never heard of her, but I've heard of her movies.
Steve Guttenberg - This could be a train wreck. Maybe he will surprise me.
Monica Seles - Well, this could work. Sorry to see her come to this, but it could work.
Penn Jillette - I don't think I can bear to watch this.
Jason Taylor - Isn't he currently still playing? Isn't his team awful? Shouldn't he be doing something else with his time?
Jaret Winokur - Uh, who?
Christian de la Fuente - Never heard of him
Mario - Who? Pretentious to take only one name when you are obscure.

The dancing competition is set to begin with a live performance March 17, ABC said.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:57 am

Abrahammy, I agree.......half of these people I am not familiar with and Kristi should be really good. Priscilla, yeah, stop the plastic surgery.

Last edited by Sky on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:02 pm

I just found out that Jaret is the girl from Hairspray on Broadway! I've seen her and she is adorable! I hope she does well. Kristy will do well. I just saw Priscilla on ET and man she is scary affraid Somebody needs to talk to her. She was always lovely and I am sure she would have looked lovely for her age without messing with nature. Proper hair and make-up is all she would have needed.

Well, I hope it is a better season than I think it will be.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 11:12 pm

Quote :
I am so disappointed with the stars for this season of DWTS.

FC, you said exactly what is on my mind about this show. The last one was so much fun, I was looking forward to this one. But I don't know now if I am.

Well, at least the writer's strike is over. Or, heaven forbid, I guess I could start reading books again..... sunny
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 6:03 am

READING?? affraid

I only read the internet, the Chicago Trib and Woman's Day Razz There is no time for books anymore! Well, except I read the book Clay wrote!

Lau, I am hoping and praying that some how the season is good even though the star selection is disappointing and Max is gone. I so enjoy Julianne and my guess is being teamed up with Adam is not going to keep her on very too long.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:28 am

It starts tonight! Wish I was more excited about this group. How I Met Your Mother starts new episodes tonight and I am watching that! Love that show, so I will miss 30 mins. of tonight's show. I don't care enough about this group to bother to tape it. Also, tomorrow it conflicts with Idol so I will probably miss some of tomorrow too. I hate that they are on at the same time Mad
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:34 am

You know, once they start dancing, we might start enjoying it. I think, in the end, that the dancing ends up being the thing for me. I could not possibly have cared less about a Spice Girl until she ended up being really good. I despised Jerry Springer on a visceral level until I discovered he was kindly, funny, and charming. I didn't even know who the heck Drew Lachey was until he was brilliant. Sometimes they acquit themselves in the show - or in the case of Master P, they condemn themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 11:47 am

Ha! I admit I didn't know who Drew was either.....

I'm not excited about DWTS so much this season, but you are right, we tend to get sucked in and get somewhat attached to some of the dancers. I'd be a bit more excited if Maksim was dancing this time though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:17 pm

I knew Drew Lachey from watching Nick and Jessica Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:04 pm

I have the show on now...it has been on here for 3 minutes..I can already tell you this, blonde boy dancer is the Constantine of this show.

Hee hee! Interpret that as you will!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:14 pm

Derek Hough? Julianne's big brother? I thought they were Mormons? They are from Utah anyway Razz Derek moved to London to study dance when he was 12 so who knows what all he has done Twisted Evil He is a super cutie! I love both him and his little sister!

I watched most of the show - just not from 7:30 to 8:00. I wasn't thrilled by any of the guys. I think some of the girls are going to be fun though!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:22 pm

I heard Priscilla Presley was going to be on tonight....truth or rumor?

I would watch it just to evaluate her latest plastic surgery redo! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:25 pm

The ladies dance tomorrow night. Tonight was just the men, though there was an opening number with all of them and some interviewing. She is terrified to dance on live TV! She looks bizarre as always - sad to say No
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:35 pm

Derek would be the one. Straight or gay, Mormon or Greek Orthodox, I dunno...but...I would bet he is the one there will be extreme fan tales about because he could not keep it in his pants (or keep his mouth shut).

It will be fun to see if I am wrong.

I am basing this only on what he did in the group dance at the beginning, just a way of moving and an attitude while making the moves.

Julianne (I love her) and Adam Corolla are on now...

If I ever do get 5th billing as a regular on a TV series, I will absolutely do Dancing with the Stars.

I am enjoying the show enormously tonight. I not only like to see the good dancers, but I love to see the performers like Penn Gillette who do not so much have dance moves but (referencing GE's post about story telling singers) the ones who really commit to the story through their bodies, even if those bodies are not perfect (or even close) John Herlihy (sp?) (first season) was actually kinda brilliant at that.

Penn is telling the story first rate. That big Shrek body is committed to the task.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 11:59 pm

I did not get to see it tonight. I do like Adam Corolla, but I would assume he might be a bit stiff. Sometimes really tall guys get that quality.

Quote :
I am enjoying the show enormously tonight. I not only like to see the good dancers, but I love to see the performers like Penn Gillette who do not so much have dance moves but (referencing GE's post about story telling singers) the ones who really commit to the story through their bodies, even if those bodies are not perfect (or even close) John Herlihy (sp?) (first season) was actually kinda brilliant at that.

Heh. It's what I refer to as someone having dancing in their blood, versus someone who just learns to dance well.

My mom (who used to love to dance and did it REALLY WELL before she got sick) and I would reference Dirty Dancing.

Yes, Jennifer Grey had great chemistry with Patrick Swayze in the movie (maybe because they hated each other IRL) and learned the moves, but you could tell Cynthia Rhodes lives to dance. Also, you could tell Patrick was really held back when he had to do that number with Jennifer at the end, but once he jumped off that stage, he was able to really let loose. He's not the best actor, but that man can move and tell a story through his dance.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:58 am

Wow, I didn't know Patrick and Jennifer hated each other IRL Shocked How sad. i wonder why. Patrick seems like a sweetie, praying for him. Maybe Jennifer was not so nice?

I am glad you enjoyed the show last night. I don't think I will see much of it tonight since I would rather watch Idol and I know if I tape DWTS I will never get around to watching it.

Adam was stiff, but seems fun and I think Julianne is enjoying him.

Penn is a strange man geek but I get a kick out of him. Funny Teller never tells anything scratch

What I wouldn't give to have Frazz on the show! Can you just imagine us dialing away on voting night!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:01 pm

Quote :
What I wouldn't give to have Frazz on the show! Can you just imagine us dialing away on voting night!!

OMG.........Our fingers would be worn down to the bone. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:33 pm

I missed last night and forgot to set my recorder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dancing With The Stars
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next