Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+8
mishmash
abrahammy
Badger
Sky
Luca
austin
frazzle
firecracker
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:45 am

HA! She sure got a lot of endorsement deals! Must have a boatload of dough coming in! But, like Levi said - she is the hottest thing in music right now so of course a lot of companies want her for their spokesperson. I say good for her. The music biz can be tough and it all can go away before you know it! (not that I think it will in her case) So make all the money you can while you are hot! I would do the same thing Twisted Evil

Congrats to Jon on the new baby news! bounce

Quote :
From her Myspace:

Paris IS with a child and engaged!!!!

There's been a heavy gossip about Paris after the AARP concert pics, and I'm happy to tell you that Paris verified that she is pregnant and engaged. HUGE congratulations!! This is what she said in her own words:

well I was goin to do a special blog for my fans but yes im engaged and with child a girl and her name will be Egypt... she will be here in october just before the holiday album in november is released and the sophomore album in january!

The street team is holding the thumbs up, Paris!!!!

Paris' mom gave an interview to Star Tribune Minneapolis - St.Paul:

"American Idol" 2006 contestant Princess P is becoming a mommy.

Paris Bennett is expecting a baby girl in October and will be 20 when mommyhood arrives.

"This makes five generations," an overjoyed Jamecia Bennett, told me Thursday.

Jamecia, who like her daughter and mother is a singer, is absolutely over the moon about being a first-time grandmother.

"I'm proud of how she did it. I was 16 when I got pregnant," said Jamecia.

Paris' great-grandmother is Shirley T. Bennett, 75, of Rockford, Ill.; her grandmother Ann Nesby, a gospel and R&B powerhouse, who lives in Atlanta, was with the Sounds of Blackness.

Who's the daddy? "He chooses not to be in the public eye," said Jamecia. "I respect that." What does he do for a living? "I can't tell," she said.

"She has a ring," said Jamecia, who's hopeful that she'll be planning a wedding for Paris.

The planning for an August baby shower is already underway. A few celebrities may fly into town for the show, including Queen Latifah.

Latifah has made it clear that she plans to spoil this baby with gifts and that she won't be stopped. You're the princess but I'm the queen, Jamecia said Latifah told Paris.

National magazines have been calling looking for baby info, but Jamecia said she's played it cool. "We tend to stay out of the media," Jamecia said. "The only person we let know [personal] things is you."

She's proud of the way she did it?! Shocked I guess she means getting pregnant at 19 instead of 16 Razz
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:22 am

She's proud of the way she did it. Oy. The apple does not fall far from the tree. This is not healthy.
Quote :

I have to ask...is there anything Carrie Underwood ISN'T pimping? Enquiring minds wanna know.

Laxatives. Yet. I hope.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:09 am

Green Eyez wrote:
I have to ask...is there anything Carrie Underwood ISN'T pimping? Enquiring minds wanna know.

That's what I was thinking, because she seems to be everywhere!!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:08 am

Quote :
She's proud of the way she did it. Oy. The apple does not fall far from the tree. This is not healthy.

As usual, Abrahammy, you took the words right outta my mouth. Oy indeed.

I understand when you're hot, but when you're in every commercial pimping a lot of products, I think it kind of cheapens you in some way. Like, if a big star promotes something, you might think it's pretty special since the star doesn't usually endorse a product.

If you see them promoting everything from orange juice to cars, you gotta figure that if they price is right, they'll endorse anything.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:03 pm

I just read up on Carrie's endorsement deals. She is currently in a deal with Vitamin Water (as is Kelly Clarkson) and in 2005 she signed with Skechers (my fave shoes I now have 11 pair Embarassed ) and Hershey's. I have not found anything else listed. What else have you guys come up with?

I know Kelly Clarkson was doing ads for Ford, Candies and Vitamin Water all at the same time. For all I know Kelly drives a Ford, wears Candies and drinks Vitamin Water.

I live in the land of Micheal Jordon. There was a time I couldn't turn on the TV without seeing him hawking something. Didn't bother me though. Music and Sports can be a very short lived career. You are only going to be of interest to companies if you are hot. The day will come when nobody is interested in them. Why not do it now? Nothing wrong with it at all as far as I can see. I really don't think 3 is all that many No I haven't even seen her in a Skechers ad in a long while. She signed that right after she won. That deal may be over now.

I hope DC gets as many deals as Carrie and Kelly!!

ETA: A little raw video of Rube and his bride!! They look lovely! Congrats to the happy couple!

http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/

(I really hope Clay is back from Somalia and got to be at the wedding)
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:17 pm

'Live Idols': The Shops Concourse at Mohegan Sun

Quote :
The new series “Live Idols” kicks off on Tuesday, July 1st with Constantine Maroulis, the true rocker of season four American Idol fame. He will appear in The Shops Concourse at Mohegan Sun for a live performance at 7:00pm, followed by a signing event at 7:30pm.

Mohegan Sun’s “Live Idols” events will feature a free appearance in The Shops Concourse at Mohegan Sun, and a merchandise signing. Maroulis will be signing copies of his self-titled album, and Chicken Soup for the American Idol Soul, both of which will be available for purchase at Spin Street leading up to and on the day of the event.

Does Bo know about this?? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:19 pm

I wonder too........ scratch I also wonder who is putting this on???
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:46 pm

I just think it was funny that they called Constantine "the real rocker of season 4". I'm pretty sure Randy and Simon kept saying Bo was the real rocker Razz
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:26 pm

Bo WAS the real rocker. There's a certain fan of Mr. Ugly who got kicked in the ass, stomped on and all her hair pulled out because she called Bo the "real rocker". I think she also might have been stoned. Not in the same way as Mr. Ugly. I mean the way his fans tend to treat anyone who dareth speak against him - like a pack of wild animals.

Carrie is also doing an ad for some sort of video game. Her and her robot face and fake eyelashes are all over my screen.

Whether it's Jordan or Carrie-bot, I still think it's overkill when they hawk too many products. It makes the person look whore-ish. Being affiliated with one product makes people think it must be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:09 pm

Sometimes that overkill, turns me off of the product they are trying to sell. I honestly couldn't tell you what products she's pushing either, because I haven't paid attention. Yeah, the eyelashes are a bit much.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:49 pm

HA! That's funny because until FC said it was Vitamin Water, I honestly couldn't tell you why she was singing to the freakin' horse. I could not remember the product.

Notice I also couldn't say the brand of video game either.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:08 am

HA! I couldn't even tell you the product, I just know I saw her in the commercial! I completely tuned it out.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 8:10 am

I have seen the Vitamin Water with the horse 3 times. I used to see her in Skechers print ads a few years back. I can't find anything about her in a video game commercial. I don't find her ads excessive at all. Perhaps I don't watch enough TV scratch Would it bother you all as much if it were someone you didn't dislike - like Jason or Jared? I know I would love to see Clay or Cookie in commercials! I mean if she is everywhere than I sure am not seeing it - like at all. I mostly see her when she is going to the podium to get yet another award. I find that getting more excessive than any ads. She must have about 25 statues now. Maybe more. And I see her videos when flipping channels.

False eyelashes are all the rage in the biz. I have seen special segments on the entertainment shows just about all the different lashes, how to layer them etc. Even lower ones! I wouldn't wear them, but I am not in the biz or on TV or stage. Who knows what I would do if I was. I do find the lower ones a bit OTT though. I can only imagine how they look in person Shocked
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:20 am

Carrie was in an ad I saw last night while waiting for a movie. It didn't offend me; I was just puzzled by it. My thought was, "Why is Carrie Underwood selling water?"
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:43 am

This thread is great for keeping up with what's going on with the past Idols. Thanks to all who find and post this stuff.

I was a little surprised to read about Paris' upcoming life changes. She still seems like such a little girl herself to be on her way to becoming a mom and wife!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:06 am

She IS just a little girl in my book! I have a 19 year old son and the thought of him getting married and being a parent right now would freak me the hell out! affraid

Abrahammy, I don't think it is any stranger for Carrie to be selling water than Kelly Clarkson hawking shoes - considering she almost never wears any! Razz and admits she hates them! Laughing

Lau, I really enjoy keeping up with the ex-Idols. It is fun to see where all the kids end up.

It is good to see you again! Seems you've been off awhile. Hope you've been having fun!

Last edited by firecracker on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:22 am

Thanks FC - I've been reading a bit here but this past week, I wasn't online much anywhere. Very busy with work, etc.

I wanted to post this link to a video that the Broadway World website put up yesterday. It's about the show that is going to be held tomorrow night in NYC called "Broadway Radio 1958." It's the premier of a new series that originated from the Broadway World Radio system and Constantine is going to be a guest star on this premier show. The BWW videos are good quality and fun to watch. The cast members of the company have a lot of interesting info about how music from Bway used to influence the pop charts rather than pop charts influencing Bway like it is today.

They are starting the series with 1958 songs and in the video they tell why. It's a one night offering only. They're hoping to do songs from 1969 in August. Now we're coming a little more into my genre, but I do love a lot of the old 50's music too.

Broadway Radio 1958
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:49 am

Oops! I meant to say "hope you have been having fun"! Not hope you've been having "been" Embarassed Pays to proofread before hitting submit!

Thanks for the link. That was a nice little video. Con seemed very charming in it. I was going to say I didn't like the facial growth, but then he said it was for the role of Judas and that made sense. Looks like a fun show. I myself am not a fan of 50s music at all. Love 60s and 70s though! Let me know if they ever get to that point and there are some vids of shows. Especially the 60s!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:14 pm

Quote :
Whether it's Jordan or Carrie-bot, I still think it's overkill when they hawk too many products. It makes the person look whore-ish. Being affiliated with one product makes people think it must be awesome.
I'm quoting me here.

Look, I know it looks like I just slam people I don't like for doing things I don't like, but I'm not a hyocrite like that. It's why I come on here and say when Mr. Ugly does something good. It's to show that while I may detest someone, I can say when they're good.

To go the other way, I have said the following about Jared:

I think he's making a HUGE rookie mistake by taking every movie offer because his "movie career" up till now has been total shit. I want him to be more choosy. I can say that I love him, but his choices are terrible and it seems to me that he's trying to launch a movie career in the wrong way. I cited younger actors like Winona Ryder, Reese Witherspoon, etc., who were more choosy with their projects and they got respect. One girl said she wouldn't want him to go the way of Seth Rogan (Knocked Up) and I defended SETH in that situation, saying that I only wish Jared had his career. His movies make lots of money while being cheap to make and the critics, for the most part, love the movies.

I was also honest about when he had the affair. While all the others were saying maybe he didn't or making excuses, I said he intentionally sabotaged his relationship and did have the affair, but I still liked him.

Even when I loved shmuckface with all my heart and soul, I was honestly critical of him, much like Abrahammy is now.

So, while yes, I don't like Carrie, I stand by the fact that if I see ANY star's face, even one I love, pimping every product on TV, I believe they look whore-ish. Like they don't believe in the product, but are just available to sell anything and everything for the right price.

I looked it up. It's the Nintendo DS.

False eyelashes are fine sometimes, but when it seems like the person is never ever photographed looking normal, it bugs.

Again, I'll say this: I adore Jennifer Love Hewitt and the show "Ghost Whisperer" but when she's supposedly awakened in the middle of the night and she's wearing them and her hair is coiffed to perfection, it really takes me out of the moment.

Look, I've made no bones about the fact that I don't like Carrie. I think she's an ice-cold bitch. I think she still can't perform in front of an audience and gives them absolutely nothing. I've seen acts that leave their heart and soul on the stage and I don't even feel like she has an emotion. So, she's lost me on two counts.

Does this mean if she did something I liked I couldn't admit it? No. As a matter of fact, I purposely watched her on SNL in an intimate setting with a live audience to see if she had improved. She hadn't. Does this mean I will say something about her I wouldn't say about someone else in terms of somethning I believe in? No. I'm not a hypocrite.

So, yes, I'm pretty vocal about who I like and who I don't like, but I'm equally as critical about both.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:31 pm

I certainly wasn't calling anybody a hypocrite. I think it is human nature to be happy to see someone you like on TV a lot, and not enjoy seeing someone you don't care for. Seems human nature to me. Just asking a simple question does not imply calling someone a name.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:25 pm

I didn't say you called me a hypocrite. I just said that I'm not one. In other words, I have beliefs and those beliefs are for everyone, not just for someone I like or don't like. That's why when the Shmuckface fans get their panties in a bunch about constructive criticism from a fan, I find it apalling. You can love a star but still see their faults. This is the avenue Abrahammy has decided to take and it makes me love her more.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:46 pm

Both Clay and David have hit singles in Indonesia! At least Clay gets hit singles somewhere!

http://www.pramborsfm.com/?opt=chart&ch=1
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 9:05 pm

Quote :
Idols in Concert for the Holidays

Wed Dec 3rd, 2008 Your favorite AMERICAN IDOLS of the past come together for a brilliant holiday concert featuring a night of solo, duet and ensemble performances

Dec. 3: Four "American Idol" finalists sing holiday numbers, including David Hernandez (12th this year), Kimberly Caldwell (Season 2), Diana DeGarmo (Season 3), Constantine Maroulis (Season 4). Musical direction by "Idol's" Michael Orland. ($40, $35)

Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 9:19 pm

Quote :
You can love a star but still see their faults. This is the avenue Abrahammy has decided to take and it makes me love her more.

Dude's gifted. Seriously, seriously gifted. He is not using those gifts all that well, but that makes me sad, because he's great. Constantine... we will always have Brel. For one brief, shining moment, you really, geniunly lived completely up to your potential, and I got to see that, and it was a fabulous road trip.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 12:55 am

I have to admit, that as much as I think he is an abject asshole, if he was doing Brel where I could see it, I would.

And I would secretly hope I would love it.

If he sucked by my standards, he would be permanently off my radar on all levels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 30 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next