Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+8
mishmash
abrahammy
Badger
Sky
Luca
austin
frazzle
firecracker
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:29 am

Maybe Constantine will do Jacques Brel again.

Here's what I have thought of. The show that he was in was done as a 25 year follow up to the first JB that played in NYC. So maybe they will do another one in 25 years (well actually 23 now considering the show started in 2006). Then Con could do the older man role and we'd get the full spectrum.

How's that for a far out theory?

cheers
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:39 am

That's far out alright! Razz I'm guessing Frazz doesn't want to wait that long to see him in it! No But I bet as an actor that would be cool! Remember how Patty Duke ended up playing both roles in The Miracle Worker?

Have any videos of his performance in JB ever shown up so that I could see it? I mean I know that would be considered a "no no" right? Or is that just Broadway? Was JB on Broadway or off Broadway? I don't remember. I know he was on Broadway in "The Wedding Singer". Was there another one he was in on Broadway?
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:48 am

Video did show up, it was a huge no no, and Constantine ended up having to fuss at the perpetrators about it. For once, he was actually justified; I think the director may have had a word with him about the amount of little red lights distracting the actors.

I was, at that moment, very relieved that I am so limited in my contraband acquisition skills, I was not directly at fault. I was guilty of watching after the fact. Recording theatre shows is seriously against the law.

They respected that law during Spamalot, and during Jesus Christ Superstar.
However, bootlegs of Taylor in Grease are out there.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:18 am

You aren't kidding they respected the law with Spamalot! Not a gosh darn scene for poor me to see Crying or Very sad But, I am truly proud of the Claymates for respecting Clay and the theater's wishes! Even though it means I will never get to see Clay in a scene from his Broadway Debut Sad

I did see a couple of bootlegs from Taylor in Grease. I saw some old JCS video when Con was in it but I am pretty sure that was from when he was in BoCo.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 3:37 pm

Big Con News!

Quote :
Constantine shot a new pilot... and this time he has a featured role. The show is called "Teachers," and it's a comedy. He plays... a music teacher.

He posted a teaser for the show on his MySpace blog today:

Exclusive "Teachers" teaser trailer

"Teachers" is a sitcom pilot revolving around the life of Tim Donnely, a fresh-faced teacher ready for the first day of his new career at Holden K-12.

You can watch a teaser clip here!

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/3021128/8621629

I think he looks great and funny in the clip! I hope the show gets picked up. It looks like my kind of show and I think he will be good in it.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:01 pm

I like that Con is in a comedy. It's good to watch him in something light hearted. I didn't realize it had been posted at Yahoo. C has it on his myspace also.

From what I understand, this pilot is being entered in the The New York Television Festival that takes place in September. I'm not familiar with what this is all about. From the way it reads, the winner will get a development deal with FOX. I'm just not totally sure as this is all new to me!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:11 pm

I have no idea what that is either. Never heard of it. They take script submissions so maybe GE can shed some light on it.

I just know I would really love to see a whole episode of "Teachers" and see how he does. We all enjoyed his little comedy skit on AI Laughing
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:13 pm

Well, I can shed some light on the whole script submission thing, but I'm sorry - I cannot bring myself to watch him for more than a couple of moments. I get hives...and my gag reflex...anyway...

It looks like a script contest, which means a hundred billion people submit their stuff and pray for the best. (I may be exaggerating slightly).

This means he doesn't have a deal and, if I read correctly, just some student or something got enough money together to shoot this one show and enter it into this festival.

Again, if I understand it right, it's just like me entering a script I wrote into a screenplay competition with a hundred billion other writer wannabees and praying for the best.

This is different than having a real show where there's usually a studio behind it and a station agrees to air the pilot and if it does well, they order a bunch more episodes to see how it works out.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:46 pm

OK, so this is not a "real" pilot. That's disappointing. So this has to win this contest to see the light of day? Bummer. It looked funny. Oh well, maybe it will win.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:47 pm

That event is more than a script contest - its a submission of a show that has already been filmed. But I think it is indie rather than network affiliated. I'm really not sure if this is what is going on with this thing - there was some stuff posted elsewhere that found that connection - might not be true at all. You know how rumors fly and I cannot remember the origin of it now.

Quote :
Well, I can shed some light on the whole script submission thing, but I'm sorry - I cannot bring myself to watch him for more than a couple of moments. I get hives...and my gag reflex...anyway...

Sorry to read that - then by all means do not watch it....you shouldn't put yourself in that situation.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:50 pm

firecracker wrote:
OK, so this is not a "real" pilot. That's disappointing. So this has to win this contest to see the light of day? Bummer. It looked funny. Oh well, maybe it will win.

It was filmed - its not a network sponsored pilot from what I've read on other boards. But to be honest, I don't think anyone is certain if it is an entry or not. Or if its from a network. Just not sure.

There are agencies now that are putting together indie made tv shows and selling packages to the networks. The CW network has commissioned out 2 evenings of their schedule for next season to an agency to fill in with their programming. The CW didn't sponsor the pilots for the shows that will be brought on. I think this is something very new for tv. Like a form of outsourcing for programming.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:01 pm

Thanks for all the info Lau. I saw the post about it at The Clack House via Vickilyn and I just assumed it was a network pilot. I'll stay tuned to The Clack House and see what happens. If you hear anything about it before me let us know!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:13 pm

I am crossing my fingers.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:19 pm

I'm almost sorry I mentioned that festival because that was just talk I read on another board! But we'll see what happens. It's interesting to watch actors trying to get on a show on television.

I remember when The Wedding Singer was ending, the woman who played the lead was going to Hollywood to shoot a pilot. It was kind of like "well, there goes Laura, guess we'll be seeing her on tv." Nothing came of the pilot from what I know and maybe a good thing, Laura just ended up winning a Tony Award for her role in Gypsy as Best Supporting Actress.

I've heard that George Clooney shot like 14 pilots before he landed in ER and became the success he is now. I have a friend who knows an actor who has been in well over 20 pilots but nothing has gone through. I guess its all in a day's work for an actor; you keep trying and hope that one eventually goes through.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:26 pm

Not only did Clooney shoot a bunch of pilots he was even on a few successful shows without making it big! As an actor I guess you just never give up hope!

I watched the Tonys and saw that Laura girl win! I had no idea she was in The Wedding Singer with Con.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:38 pm

I have made my feelings known about ...he who shall not be named...and I make no bones about it. I believe him to be scum and looking at him makes me sick to my stomach...so I guess I shouldn't click on the link and put myself through that.

Indie's fine. I just mean that with a usual pilot that's not a part of a competition, there's money backing it up and the only thing that happens is a network has to pick it up. Usually has named directors/writers, etc.

These are unknowns like I am an unknown no-name writer who has the ability to write a script. These guys had the ability to write and shoot a pilot. They're up against a whole bunch of other people who can write and shoot a pilot.

So, while there are many others who went through 85 pilots, they were actual real pilots as opposed to students getting together to enter a contest. George tried out for actual shows, many that went on the air. This is different. He's not trying out for an actual show.

It's like if there was a contest where they were looking for the silliest moment caught on tape and the winner gets a bunch of money and gets to work on a TV show, so I film Firecracker watching "Fear Itself" and diving under the couch, and being all scared, but yet won't shut off the TV. Abrahammy submits a tape of some girl losing it in the presence of Jason Castro. We both submit it and hope that we win. If I understand it correctly. Maybe I don't. Maybe frazz will come here and say I don't know what I'm talking about. Hey, I've been wrong before. It happens.

Then I will be properly chastised and kiss frazz' boots.

Last edited by Green Eyez on Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 8:02 pm

I was with ya GE until the last paragraph. It got a little confusing. But I think we all understand the point here. No need for frazz boot kissing. As I said, I'm not sure of what is going on with it at all. That was hearsay or hereread I posted.

And definitely, if you dislike the man, don't watch the link. I understand your point.

Speaking of links, here's some pics of Constantine in his JCS costume. Nice idea he has here. But GE, don't click!!! : )

Ebay auction
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 8:21 pm

I re-read it and realized that last paragraph may have been confusing. I had edited more than once and my participles were left dangling, and I hate that.

I just meant it's like any competition where you win a prize. This prize just happens to be a TV show. Sometimes I go the long way around the block
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 8:36 pm

Got what you're saying GE.... & I'm big on those dangling participles at times too.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:26 pm

The auction is cool! He looks good in those pix. What a nice idea for the money to go to charity. Clay auctions off his stuff all the time for charity and it brings in a pretty penny! Not on ebay though, at galas. Hope it makes a lot of money for the charity!

Yes, we know George's pilots were "real" pilots. I think the point was it took a lot of pilots and shows before he made it and he was33 when he got ER (the second ER - he actually starred in a sitcom named ER with Elliott Gould years prior to the drama ER)

I don't hide under the couch while watching "Fear Itself". I watch it on our bed in the master bedroom and I hide behind my pillow! Embarassed Razz AND I can't turn it off Evil or Very Mad I seem to be hooked on the show even though I don't really like it Suspect
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:49 pm

Lau wrote:
It's interesting to watch actors trying to get on a show on television. ...

I've heard that George Clooney shot like 14 pilots before he landed in ER and became the success he is now. I have a friend who knows an actor who has been in well over 20 pilots but nothing has gone through. I guess its all in a day's work for an actor; you keep trying and hope that one eventually goes through.

Clooney shot real pilots, meaning financed by studios.

This one is the same as me and my friends (if i has some rich ones) putting together a pilot and shopping it around.

I think it is a great idea, regardless of Constantine's participation.

I hope that more independent productions DO make it to live TV or, better yet, to some whole new online distribution system that pays the creative people fairly and leaves the AMPTP out completely.

Last edited by frazzle on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:53 pm

Lau wrote:
No need for frazz boot kissing. ]

I like it when GE kisses my boots.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:31 am

frazzle wrote:
Lau wrote:
No need for frazz boot kissing. ]

I like it when GE kisses my boots.

Aww, okay then. Thanks for letting me know.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 4:00 pm

So Constantine has some rich friends that made that pilot? Some of the other characters seem kind of interesting-and some of the actor look a bit familiar. Did anyone recognize anyone other than Constantine? Just a silly question, but why does Constantine have to keep playing versions of himself in every TV gig he gets? Shocked

I wonder why the auction item was removed?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:01 pm

Luca I thought of that this morning while I was getting ready to go out. It hit me that he played himself on The Bold and The Beautiful too. I would think he would want them to cast him as someone other than "Constantine from American Idol" .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 31 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next