Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:41 pm

EEEK! I just sold another outfit! $15! It's the school girl outfit and Harry Potter glasses! To a gal in Illinois! YAY!

Good night. Talk to you tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:47 pm

Congrats! Cha-ching!

Did you see these photos of your boy over on PS? Jennasaurus got him on the 1st of March! He is so adorable! So fragile and elfish! I love you
What a great addition to your whimsical doll family he is going to be!
Dolls - Page 11 Michael_Amadeus_Van_Helsing_by_Claudia_ChildofNight
Dolls - Page 11 Mikey_by_Claudia_ChildofNight
Dolls - Page 11 With_the_flash_by_Claudia_ChildofNight
Dolls - Page 11 My_newest_baby_XD_by_Claudia_ChildofNight
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:58 pm

Would'nt Milo look cute in these???? Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://cgi.ebay.com/SD-MSD-Dollfie-Size-Eyeglasses-10-Black-Eye-Glasses-NEW_W0QQitemZ310029125028QQihZ021QQcategoryZ84635QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 6:06 am

Good morning!

Thanks so much for the pix!! He is precious!! I cannot wait to get him! Did she post them at PS?? I will have to check them out. I was in talks last night with a poster there who bought that amazing girl with those light blue eyes that you brought pix of here the other day! $600!! I asked her to post pix of her when she gets her and she asked me to post pix of Milo.

Do I think those glasses would be cute on Milo? So much so I bought them ASAP! Thanks so much for finding them! I won't be able to afford him much in the way of clothes for a long time, spent all my money on the girls, so a few little accessories will be great to make him even more special!!

The girl on disability (who I have been holding MJ's stock for) PM'd me overnight and the government said all her money will be in her account Monday morning. So she asked for my email so she could pay me Monday. YAY! Another sale. I knew she would come through because she wants it so badly and writes to me often about it. So I will once again be about 1/2 way to paying for ALa. I really need to stop spending the money on the Goodreau Girls!! Embarassed

I will try to get those "lots" of clothes together, take pix and post them next week on the Dolly Market. I really need to get money for ALa. The Hestias are my birthday and Mother's Day presents, so I need to sell to justify buying her and I have to buy her because Clay looks so lonely and strange standing on the shelf all alone Crying or Very sad Must have one boy and one girl! Besides, you know me and odd numbers Razz That is why 3 Hestias is going to bug me. I have to fight the feeling to want a 4th! Now, if only a super good deal on a nude would show up!

Now that I am getting a little better with taking clearer pix, I am going to re-dress Anisa and take new pix of the J-Dolls and than try to do the Flickr adoption thing.

Well, like I said, I won't be home most of the day - so I hope you have an awesome day! sunny

Talk to you later!

BTW, how is Cole doing? Has he come in the house yet? How are hubby's knees? I hope he is all better!

ETA: I just bought this as one of the wig options for Milo. It is the color I wanted to go with his eyes, the silky and shiny like I wanted and the length I wanted. I am still going to look for one with more layers and maybe streaks. There is one at JPOP I love but the one with gold streaks is out of stock in size 7/8, but they are waiting to get some in. I will order that one as soon as I see it is available.

I love it! You know me, I am not so keen on the wild mohair look so I want another option available when he gets home.

Dolls - Page 11 Milowig
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 8:56 am

Eeek! I think that wig will look fab on him! I love the style! I think you are smart to get another wig or two for him. I have heard the quality of the fur wigs from Dollzone is a little iffy. The quality of everything else about Dollzone dolls I know you will love!!!! They are really nice dolls....I can vouch for that! I sure love my Valerian. He has so much personality and expression! Of all my dolls, he stands out as the one with the most presence because of that. Did they ever let you know when your order would go in?

I knew you would love those glasses! They are so cute and reasonably priced! Can't wait to see him with them on! Twisted Evil

Cole is settling in nicely! He is the sweetest dog in the whole world! My Rott has accepted him now and we are able to take them for walks together and leave them alone together out in the pasture. She won't play
him, but tolerates him without being mean which is great. I did bring him in the house for a brief period and he stayed on the welcome mat and took a few steps onto the floor without problem! I think I will work with him a little more this weekend on it. I would like to have him in the house for some of the time while my husband is in Texas next week...

Well, have a great day! I better go get ready for work!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:10 am

Oh good! I am so glad you like the wig! I found it at Featherfall. Yes, the mohair wigs make me nervous Laughing If his stock wig looks like it does in the promo pix I will love it! If it looks like it does in Jenna's pix above it will drive me batty!! Razz I do plan on getting probably at least one more.

Yes, the glasses will be such fun and when I saw the price I had to scarf them up! It is not easy finding things affordable in BJDland No I was looking at the price of clothes for the MSD male dolls and it looks like my Xmas may be full of clothes for Milo!

Yes, I agree that Val is loaded with personality and presence! And just plain very interesting!

I am glad your babies are getting along and that Cole may soon be ready to hang out in the house with you! He will be fun company while hubby is away!

I just called Mom to get her grocery list and she said my Dad is driving her nuts! He woke her up 6 times in the night for things like "put my fan on, turn it off, fix my blanket, get me juice, what time is it," stuff like that. She said he is not remembering things at all. He keeps asking her the same questions over and over and can't remember what day it is or anything like that. He keeps calling her saying "why haven't you brought my juice?" when she has just brought it to him No I know from the book Hospice gave me to read says that is a sign when the end is near. If he keeps bugging her like this all day and night she may finally be ready to let him go.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:28 am

Yes, when his brain is lacking in oxygen and blood flow, the memory and cognitive abilities will decline. He is just so fiesty! I'm sure that has been what has kept him around this long! I love you

More pictures of your boy before you go! Seems like people are starting to get theirs from Dollzone now! I think that is similar to the wig you ordered too!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3070/2324342959_eb580ef019.jpg?v=0
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:38 am

EEK! Thanks for that pic! It does look a lot like the same wig I ordered!! I am far too excited to make it through the next MANY weeks!!

No, they never did tell when he was ordered. They just sent the Pay-Pal invoice. That's OK. I'll just have to be patient and enjoy my girls until he shows up. I do think I am going to be completely loony over him though Embarassed

I tried finding pix of him on Flickr last night and did not find too many, but then I don't know what all names/tags he would be under. The pix just make me so very excited though!

Yes, I am sure it is the lack of oxygen and blood flow. I almost dread spending time with him today. Even though things were physically bad before he was always able to be pretty fluid in his conversations with me. It is going to be so strange for me to see my very intelligent and well spoken father being all forgetful and rather out of it.

Well, I truly need to go now! Talk to you tonight! I love you
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 5:36 pm

Oh man, my Dad is so bad Crying or Very sad I cannot imagine he will go on much longer. The Hospice nurse said his right lung sounded clearer today, but he is really having trouble breathing. He has to keep his mouth open all the time. He can only speak a few words than is out of breath. I was only there a few mins. before he asked for morphine. His eyes are just blank when he opens them No Watching his chest when he was breathing was really upsetting. It is so far from normal. I cannot believe the sores on him. He is so covered in bandages. It was by far my most upsetting visit with him. There really won't be much in the way of conversations anymore. I cried all the way home. It was so awful to see him like this. His mind is clear enough to know I was there and ask me some questions. Justin went to see him after school because he drove to school today and the HS is only about 5 mins. from my folks' house. Eric is going to go see him in a little while.

Well, Hobby Lobby was a bust for miniature items. I got a little cup of tea with a saucer and spoon that Shyla is holding. No mini drinks or cute little dogs or cats. Maybe a hobby shop that specializes in doll houses would be a better place to go.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 6:22 pm

I am so sorry your Dad is suffering now and just hanging on like this. Sometimes they need to hear from family that it is ok to just let go. I have seen it happen that for people like your Dad that have been so in control of everthing and everyone's life in his family, they sometimes need to be told it is ok to quit fighting, relax, and go to a better place. Sometimes once they are told from loved ones it is ok to go... they finally let go. I know he has said at some points that he has been ready to go. I don't really think he ever really has been mentally completely ready to stop fighting, and that has been what has kept him here this long. It does sound like he only has a few days left now. I am so glad you have the next few days off.......(((((((FC)))))))))
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 6:49 pm

Mom just called crying saying she had to give him more morphine for breathing. She says she hates seeing him like this and she just can't take seeing him like this much longer. I told her I don't think she will be seeing him like this much longer No Sunday will be 3 months exactly since they said my Dad had a few days. He sure did hang on a long time.

I have told him it is OK to let go. It is my Mom has never said it, even though I have explained to her that she should. She said she wants only positive talk in front of him Rolling Eyes and won't say that because it is the same as telling him there is no hope No There has been no getting through to her.

I tell you, it is awful being in a position of not feeling you can pray for someone to get better. I can't bring myself to pray for him to pass away, yet I can bring myself to pray for him to live either. I only pray that he goes in his sleep and is peaceful.

Thanks for the hugs {{{{{Luca}}}}}

ETA: Remind me Luca to only post in this thread Sad

AETA: That girl paid tonight for MJ's stock! She got her check early!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 12:20 am

Quote :
I tell you, it is awful being in a position of not feeling you can pray for someone to get better. I can't bring myself to pray for him to pass away, yet I can bring myself to pray for him to live either. I only pray that he goes in his sleep and is peaceful.
I know. I love you He deserves some peace. In fact, you all do. I will pray for that.

I am glad all your doll transactions are coming together! What outfit are you going to shoot for next?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 7:21 am

Actually, as much as I would LOVE to get more outfits for the girls, I really need to save some money to pay Shana for ALa. I really have to get more stuff on the market!

I can't believe no nibbles on Tim's or Cav's stock. I have them priced at just $20 shipped US. There are posters asking $40 for some stock. There is someone asking $45 for Nero's! I really thought the boys stock at that price would move.

Watching someone you love struggle to breathe and look like they are just wasting away is so heartbreaking and upsetting Crying or Very sad It's shocking what has happened to his body in the last year. Last Easter the whole family was here for dinner and had a wonderful time. We never could have imagined that a few days later we would start on this horrible journey leading up to this Easter No It was only 9 days after last Easter that the first amputation was done.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 10:47 am

It is really strange how the market has soured on Pullip/Taeyang stock. Especially considering how hard it is to find nice clothes and shoes for the Taeyangs. I find the Pullip stock good quality for the price, overall. Take Butler's stock for example. I am going to make Julian into a Lestat type vampire character....I just need the right white wig! Twisted Evil

I hope to start a photoshoot for the masquerade chapter of my story! It may be a challenge, but I am excited about it! I have an eye appointment in a few hours, but hope to take a few shots this morning.

So no calls from your mom yet this morning? Will you be going over there later?
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 10:57 am

Check these out...new resin dolls that look like a mix between Pullips and Dals! Shocked
Dolls - Page 11 0803164233q4
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 12:23 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid

Freaking ugliest dolls I have ever seen!!!

Yes, that is what I thought about the Taeyang stock. There was a time I would have paid $20 for the stock just to get my boys some damn shoes!! Heck, that is about what I have paid now just for shoes for my new girls Razz

Maybe since these stocks have been around awhile everybody has them.

Sounds like an awesome idead for Julian! Can't wait to see him!! I can't wait to see what photos you get to take today!

I talked to Mom this morning. Dad put through a good night. Only got my Mom up once for more morphine. He does ask for it every 4 hours like clockwork.

No, we are not going today unless Mom calls and says we need to. We are getting some things done. I am finally getting around to getting the Easter stuff up. Rob will work on finishing my folks taxes. I have a ton of laundry to do too. Both the boys work all day. We will go tomorrow, and I will go Monday as I do not have kids until after school.

I found a site that sells the most amazing selection of things for dollhouses. I am thinking about getting little props for the girls and Milo. Since I have fewer dolls and won't be changing clothes often, I thought it might be fun to have little things to set around them and for them to hold. I know the size won't be quite right. I am going to try to hit more crafts shops first and see what I can find.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 2:47 pm

EWWW ! I don't like those at all. Remember when ppl used to have those pics of those kids with the huge eyes in their house for decoration? That's what that reminds me of. I remember being really little ans an aunt I think had those in her house. It scared the shit out of me. My Mum said I refused to go back to her house. I was maybe 4 or 5 , but I remember.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 3:35 pm

You mean those really sad looking kids? I kinda liked those painting. These dolls are just creepy as all get out! Ha, and my son thought he wouldn't be able to sleep with the Pullips in the house Laughing Just imagine having a room full of those things Shocked
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 3:58 pm

I think the tiny baby one is kind of cute.... Shocked

Dang now after getting back home, the wind is kicking up! Maybe I can take a few shots inside and then wait until dusk for the rest.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 4:40 pm

Yes, the tiny baby one is sort of cute, but that is because most anything "baby" is pretty cute. The older ones - just no stinking way! Well, at least not for me. But you just know there are going to be people who just love them and buy them!

I have just spent some time on ebay looking at chairs for my dolls. I want Rylee to have a chair and not just that stool. I am telling you there were wonderful chairs for 16-18 inch dolls! Wicker furniture sets. I am thinking about getting a set with a table and then putting a little tea set on it or summer drinks. I am watching a bunch of them. Hopefully the bidding will not go too high. If it does there is a site that sells American Girl doll furniture that has a really nice white wicker chair new for only $12 plus shipping. I might just get that if I see that the items on ebay go too high. This will be fun - getting some furniture and little items that go with changing seasons and holidays and such.

Got all the Easter stuff out so we look all ready for the holiday! Laundry done, dinner done, so now I think I will start the fun project of sorting all the clothes for selling. I am prepared to take a bath on them, but I really want to sell stuff Laughing I want the furniture and an outfit for Milo. I have about two months to raise the money for clothes for him. Hopefully I will have sold more stuff by then. I have put aside a nice selection for ALa.

Hope you get some nice shots in before dark! Our day was not beautiful like yesterday was, but it was WAY better than predicted! Gloomy and colder, but no sleet or rain that they said we would get! Thank goodness since Eric drives around delivering food orders from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM! I would have been a wreck if we got the sleet. AND of course Justin went right from work to eating dinner with us and then right back out with friends. Since he got his own car he is NEVER home! Neither is Eric since he got his. I already feel like we are empty nesters Crying or Very sad I am happy they have lots of friends and get to go out to the movies, malls and restaurants, but I am not kidding - they are NEVER home anymore.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 9:32 pm

Well, I just got done sorting through all the doll stuff. There were things I just had to keep because they would look good on ALa and Claire- which is like anything with gold in it Laughing and a things that would look really good on Anisa. If I am able to sell the J-Dolls then I will part with the clothes I kept for them. At least I have things sorted into "lots" and tomorrow I will take pix of the lots so I can post them. I held on to my extra pretty gowns - for the holidays, and one bride gown for when Clay and ALa (need to come up with a name again) get married I love you

Miniwoo has an outfit I want to get Milo so I really need to sell some stuff. I may lower the price on my J-Dolls. Like I said, I'm pretty much taking a loss on most stuff, but that's the way it goes.

Got to get ready for bed, so good-night and talk to you tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 9:44 pm

Clay is getting married! cheers

Gah! Where has this day gone.... Shocked I feel like I have gotten nothing done. My optical appointment and photoshoot ate up the entire day!

Well, I need your help to tell me which shots you like the best. I think I got a few good ones I can use for my story. I will try and shoot the masquerade scene tomorrow after finishing Mo's mask! Twisted Evil
Dolls - Page 11 Mirrorstory
Dolls - Page 11 Billpose
Dolls - Page 11 Masktilt
Dolls - Page 11 Woods1
Dolls - Page 11 Incognito1
Dolls - Page 11 Mask3
Dolls - Page 11 Mirror1
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:08 am

An awesome suit that your boy would love... Twisted Evil Bye bye J-dolls. Twisted Evil
http://cgi.ebay.com/BJD-MSD-outfit-Gothic-Punk-style-black-suit-for-boys_W0QQitemZ220212826141QQihZ012QQcategoryZ343QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 6:56 am

Ha-Ha, I have that in my watched items!! Twisted Evil But I do not think I will have enough to sell to pay for ALa and that outfit No There is an outfit at Miniwoo's that is cool black leather pants with a chain, a nice red shirt and tie for thirty something and the boots are $15. That cool Gothic outfit with that high price tag doesn't include the boots.

I've had the J-Dolls listed on two sites and no interest. I will need to find a J-Doll board I guess. There is a poster at PS, Stuffed Sweetheart or something like that, who has a lot of J-Dolls and loves them. I thought I would PM her and ask where she thinks is a good place to advertise them is. I think selling the clothes is going to take a long time Sad Hopefully I will sell enough to pay Shana by April 10th.

All of those pictures of Val are amazing! I don't know that I can pick just a couple of faves! 1,3 and 5 are my faves - with 6 right behind them! Let me know when your have your new chapter up!!

I know how easily a day can get away from you. It happens to me all the time!

How was your optical appointment? Do you need new glasses?

Hope you have a fun day planned!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:34 am

Here are two outfits I have my eye on at Mimi's.

Dolls - Page 11 Redshirtblackpants

Dolls - Page 11 Blackshirtwhitepants

A chair I am thinking of getting for Rylee. It will go with the colors in my office. It is for 18 inch dolls and Rylee is 16 inches. Actually there are several chairs on ebay I am watching. White wicker ones and a peacock like Shyla is sitting in. There really are a lot on ebay that would work!

Dolls - Page 11 Chair

ETA: OK, this Edmar guy is a piece of work! NOW he has changed his Crazzia ad post. He says her forehead has chips and glue marks from his taking her head apart to put a better body on. So NOW he is asking $70 for her!! With all the marks!! And not in her stock clothes. Last I looked you could order a NRFB Crazzia for $78 plus shipping! Also - now he is selling a Cornice. He only has her head at this time and is awaiting her body. Says her wig is frizzy and is also asking $70 for her Shocked He is either a con-man or just out of touch No

AETA: Forget the chair. I just found a seller with the exact dimensions and I think it would take up too much room on the table with the other dolls and chairs. I do still have plenty of others to choose from though. It's a pretty chair if you only put one on the small table - but not 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: