Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:22 pm

Thanks! I like the new avie too! They are such beautiful girls!! I am proud of them!

That Hestia Ribon March sold yesterday. $45 plus $8 shipping. Damn that buyer got one hell of a deal. I can't believe that auction came up just a couple weeks after I got my Rhian No Oh well, what's $80 Razz

I hope you can find what you are looking for for Mo. So are we suppose to be boycotting EvilBay?? I bought some Infallible lip gloss from EBay Express over the weekend. I had to. My fave 3 shades for $17 shipped. They would $30 plus tax if I got them at the store. I will be set on lip gloss for a good while when they arrive.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:25 am

Oops! My boycott did'nt last long either! I scarffed up a JPOP super gorgeous Ink long wavy wig for Mo... She will have 3 wigs to choose from now! I just thought it would look gorgeous on her! her style is starting to come together in my mind! Too bad I don't have a sewing machine that can sew leather....

Well off to work I go!!!! Evil or Very Mad Have a great day! TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:48 am

Shocked Shocked

Dolls IM002112

Dolls IM002106

Dolls IM002104

Dolls IM002105

Dolls IM002107

Dolls IM002121

Dolls IM002119

Dolls IM002124

See the little skull on her hood? Too cute!

Dolls IM002123

Dolls IM002122

I could not believe my eyes when the doorbell rang and a special delivery truck was in my driveway and a nice lady had me sign for a box from Japan! I knew it was Winda!! Home already! She was sent EMS - extra fast to me!!

As you can see her stock is amazing and her face is a flawless like porcelain! Her eyes are just gorgeous! I just love her!! What I wouldn't give for more Hestias! JP did a wonderful job with them. I so wish they had caught on and JP continued to make them.

Last edited by firecracker on Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:11 pm

OOOOH she is pretty! I love her hair and eyes. Did she come with that outfit? I love it.

Hey FC I bought some of that infallible lip gloss . I like it, I got the truffle shade. I like browns and nudes. I am thinking of trying the mauve too though. Have you bought cosmetics from ebay before? I never have I wonder is it worth it. There is a shade of outlast that has been discontinued I am looking for.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:25 pm

Thank you Aerwin!! Yes, she came with that outfit. She is suppose to be "the Wolf" in "Little Red Riding Hood". She is just so pretty! I named her Winda.

I am so glad you like the Infallible lip gloss! I get the lighter shades, but since you are a redhead I know those colors work good for you! (eek ETA: my lip gloss from EBay Express came just now! FAST!) My Alison Moyet CD came too! What a great day!!!

I have gotten TONS of make-up from Ebay! That is exactly why I got started getting make-up from Ebay - because I was able to get some discontinued shades that some on-line sellers on eBay still had in stock. I have also found some great deals on Ebay Express on make-up, like the 3 Infallibles I just got for $17 shipped. Here they sell for $9.99 each plus tax, so I got them 1/2 off. I have gotten M.A.C. eye shadow at great deals too. Also some eyeliner pencils. I have never been disappointed with the make-up deals I have gotten through Ebay Express. I like to get them on Ebay Express because everything is Buy It Now and I don't have to bid.

Happy hunting!

Luca, I can't wait to see Mo in all her wigs! I wish we both could sew! We are slaves to those who can Crying or Very sad

Oh, and I don't think I will ever be able to take Winda out of her stock No It is so awesome and she looks amazing in it! I am so going to have to get a nude Hestia some day. Their stocks are just too good and so perfect for them.

Last edited by firecracker on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:42 pm

OMFG!!!!!!She is so freakin' gorgeous!!!!! She is one of my favorite dolls of all time! Everything about her is so wicked, wicked cool! Eeek and double eeeK! I love her smokey face-up and nude lips-very goth and classy! And your photos are really good and clear! What are you doing differently? Shocked

Ok, No question whatsoever she is so worth whatever you paid... the stock is just priceless! You are so smart to have jumped on that deal!

And OMG EMS from Japan took how many days?????? That will mean I will have my girl in less than two weeks too then! How far is Korea from Japan??????? cheers
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:43 pm

Ok, forgot to add that those first two shots of her about knocked my socks off!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:58 pm

Thank you!!! I am so glad you love her too! She really is special, just like my Isis and Rhian! I am so thrilled that I went for her even though I was a wee bit nervous going through a site I didn't know anything about, but it soooo paid off! I got her for $104 shipped! Yes, so worth it!

It took 4 days from when the seller said she was sending her. Winda flew like the wind to me!!! She left the seller on Friday. So the weekend didn't delay her at all! Is Mo flying EMS from Korea? If she is than I bet it only takes 4 days for her too. Hey, I wonder if it would have been faster if it weren't for the weekend Shocked Though I can't imagine getting from Japan any faster than the 4 days, but maybe it could be two business days.

I put the camera on zoomx2. I guess that makes a difference in getting the close-up without the blurriness. I did those so quick because I had 6 kids here. I took the shots while the chicken fingers and fries were cooking Razz

Last edited by firecracker on Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:28 pm

That zoomx2 really makes a huge difference! Winda is definitely my fav Hestia. Something about her really speaks to me. I agree that I would never take her out of her stock either...why bother? It suits her perfectly!

I hope Mo turns out to be as special too. My goal over the next week is to try to line up a suitable outfit or two for her arrival home. I have contacted a gal that makes leather pants on DOA that I have talked to before. We'll see if she wants to do business or not. I am picturing some leather brown or gray pants that lace up on the sides... Do you think they should be short knee length or long pants?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:32 pm

Thanks! I am so glad I decided to try playing around with the zoom and they turned out! It took me long enough to get good pix Embarassed old dog, new tricks I guess Razz

I am so pleased that you love her too! She spoke to me from pix on Flickr and as you know I became obsessed with getting her!! Really obsessed! Why else would I take a chance on a Japanese site and pray I converted the yen and exchange rate right??! When I clicked on submit order I closed my eyes and prayed that when my Pap-Pal email came I didn't spend $200 for her! Laughing Yep, she is staying in stock. Maybe I will have to get Red and have the set scratch but I really haven't fallen in love with her pix though. Her stock is awesome though. Since they are so hard to find you feel like you don't really have time to decide what you want to do.

That is a tough choice about Mo's pants scratch I am trying to picture her in the olden times like your story and figure out how leather lace-up the side pants fit into that? I can't see your vision for the whole look yet. Explain more about what you have in mind. I guess the problem is I have never seen and old time elf witch and don't know what they wore. I know a lot of men in the olden days wore short pants with the long white stockings, so maybe short would work. Besides, if the pants are short you can get her really cool boots! I guess I am not being much help geek I know whatever you decide will look awesome! You have never gone wrong yet!

Last edited by firecracker on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 10:56 pm

Yep Winda is a cool little witchy woman....that song is going to play in my head every time I see her from now on! Very Happy

Well, a nice gal named Marsh got right back to me that works with leather on DOA, and can't do lace up stuff because she does'nt do eyelets...

So I found this idea and asked her if she could come up with something...
Maybe this will clarify where I may go with the look. What do you think? If I can get a simplified version of the skirt and top and add my own embellishments I think it may work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SOOM-Mini-Gem-Uyoo-Sparkling-Forever-Elf-Limited_W0QQitemZ190198710561QQihZ009QQcategoryZ84635QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:15 pm

Dolls D944_1

This is the wig I got for Mo...I have a feeling it is going to look really cool on her. I could do some fun stuff with braids too if it is full enough. I had even considered a dread wig, but they are nearly impossible to find. Some gals on DOA will do them by commssion, but I thought for 14.95 this one was too good of a deal to pass up, and a really fun color and style.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 6:16 am

Good morning!

The wig is awesome! It will look great on Mo! Do you know what color her eyes will be, or are they random? I guess it doesn't matter because you can change them.

That outfit is amazing!! I hope you can get something like that! That seems like a good price for that doll with that outfit. She is only 30 CMs? Isn't that small for a BJD? Is she considered one of the new 1/6 dolls?

I won't be home most of the day. Thank GOD Winda came yesterday when I was home to sign for her! I have been so lucky that way with my 3 Hestias arriving! Going to take mom to the beauty shop and take care of my dad. Then grocery shop for us both after mom gets home. I have to watch him because Medicare took away the 24 hour Hospice care again. They said hopefully they will be back to round the clock in March. I think Medicare thinks my dad has gone on far too long to be in Hospice. He is a mystery that is for sure.

TTYL! Hope you have a great day! sunny We had a little more snow and it is super cold! -15 wind-chills right now and it will get worse! When will it end??! Mad

Last edited by firecracker on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:02 am

Yes, I think that Soom elf doll is a 1/6 size. Her outfit would look great on one of your Hestia's would'nt it? Twisted Evil

Well, I heard back from the very first seamstress I talked to on DOA about making me some stuff for Mo...interesting. Just when I had given up on her and started talking to the leather gal. Oh well, it sounds like the first gal's stuff will take a while and you don't have to pay for it all until it is completed. She has excellent feedback, but is pregnant and says she can't sew for long periods of time now...sounds like the order could take a while so I just may have her make me one dress and a cloak and call it good. Decisions, decisions! I am glad to have some choices, and I know Mo must have the best clothes I can get to make her come alive!

At our Hospice program, sometimes people have been on it for a few years...guess it depends on how long they can get it paid for! It does sound like having nurses round the clock at this point is no longer needed. Is he still requiring the morphine to sleep? But, you just have to go on a day to day basis based on what happens.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 3:07 pm

It would be a great outfit for one of the Hestias! I can always keep my eyes open in the future for outfits.

Well, I hope it all works out with the custom clothes. How frustrating trying to find someone to make just what you want and when you want it. Too bad Grandma Cathy doesn't do elf witch costumes!! Razz

Yes, it depends on what Medicare says and the Supervising nurse. Since he mostly sleeps they felt my mom could handle him. But, really she can't. I had quite a scene with them today. Dad complaining Mom doesn't take good enough care of him, and Mom complaining my dad wants too much and complains too much Rolling Eyes They were going at it and I was the mediator Shocked I asked Dad if he wanted to go to a nursing home or come to live with us if Mom is not doing a good job. He said no to coming to our house as he knows it just wouldn't work out, and that there is no money for a nursing home. Mom says dad talks mean to her, Dad says Mom yells at him Shocked Shocked Shocked I was afraid to leave him. He even told me that Mom hits him Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked She says she doesn't. Hubby thinks they have both gone off the deep end. I am taking Mom out to lunch on Saturday and my Hubby is going to sit with my Dad. I told Rob to talk to my Dad about it all and see what he thinks. Rob says he doesn't believe my Mom would hit my Dad, even though my Hubby thinks my Mom is a wee bit of a bitch Laughing Well, she can be Razz So it was quite the weird day Suspect

Dad hasn't had Morphine the last couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 4:20 pm

Sounds like things are getting out of control...I think it would be worth considering getting a paid caregiver to come in during the day no matter what the cost! To save everyone's sanity, I think this would possibly be worth considering to give your Mom some respite. Your Dad sounds like he can be a real handfull for a young, caregiver that is not related to him, never mind his wife. Shocked

Sounds like they may want to reconsider giving him some morphine at night too, I know the last time he was not sleeping and getting all agitated it really calmed him down. If your mom is afraid of the morphine there are other antianxiety meds his doctor or the hospice doctor can prescribe.

It may come down to considering having to place him in a nursing home on hospice if things continue to spiral downhill with your Mom and Dad's relationship and if he really is not getting the care he needs at home. The stress of having an elderly cargiver care for her dying and difficult spouse can be so hard. You and Rob may have to make some tough decisions for them if they are no longer able to make good decisions on ttheir own anymore.

If they put all their assets in a trust in your name, Medicare will pay for everything and they can't touch their money...something you may want to look into ASAP.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 4:27 pm

Oh, I didn't know about that last part! Trust me, they do not have the money for private care. My dad's medical bills over the last 15 years have been huge. He has had bi-pass, open heart, pace maker, among many other issues before the amputations. My mom also had some long hospital stays a few years ago. There is no money No, plus they still owe almost $10,000 to the hospital, rehab and Woodfield ortho, out of their pocket. Private care or any good quality nursing home is not really possible. BUT, I would love to check out that last option. I just don't think my mom would go along with putting things in my name only.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:35 pm

That is too bad you don't think your mother could be made to understand that if your Dad continues on in this limbo situation, it is just a matter of time that he is either going to have to go into a nursing home, or hire a paid caregiver to help save her health and sanity as well as yours because the only way to allow it to be paid for totally by Medicaid is to shelter all her and your Dad's remaining assets by having a trust set up in your name or some other family member's name for all of it. Then your Dad would quality for full medicaid benefits in a nursing home and for paid care givers or for a good part of it anyway- from what I understand.

Granted, I am not a social worker, but I see this happen with lots of other families that are working people that have a little saved for retirement, then an illness takes almost all their savings and income, and they are left with tons of medical bills and very few options. While people who have never worked a day in their lives get a free ride at the nursing home of their choice because they are destitute. I recommend you talk to the Hospice team social worker if they have one, and perhaps a lawyer to get more details on how these scenarios work and what input your mom would still have about things after your Dad is gone.

I don't know if after he passes you could transfer everything back into her name again or not. I don't know how independant she is going to be anyway though, considering she does'nt drive, or pay the bills and will probably have to have your continued help with important financial decisions from here on out whether she agrees to a trust or not.

I just hate to see all the money your Dad has worked so hard for to protect your mom get sucked down the tubes and to top it off he is not getting the level of care he needs at the end of his life. Especially when there are other options out there...I truely hope you can talk to someone more knowledgeble than I am about this and get some help sorting all this out.

((((FC)))))
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:21 pm

Well, hubby says that is "sheltering" money and it is illegal and would take a long time. So I guess that is out. Hospice says they should be able to come back round the clock on March 1st. Something about taking a break for a week or so and then they can start up again as "a new" case. Also, the supervising Hospice nurse talked to my Dad's doc and he is ordering a lift to help my mom be better able to lift him up. NOW he has it in his head that once they can lift him in the wheelchair he wants us to get one of those ambulance type transport vehicles and take him to his fave neighborhood restaurant for lunch Shocked Oxygen tank, catheter and all. Oh my. My mom said she was not going to tell him no. I guess we could ask his doctor what he thinks of this. Life just gets more and more interesting No If you could see how fragile this man looks and the thought of transporting him to a restaurant. Oh well, if it all worked out it would sure make him happy!

I did get my Rhianna CD today. I blasted "Shut-Up and Drive" a few times tonight! That took the edge off!

Aerwin, I got the Mauve Infallible Lip Gloss and that is my fave color!!

Sleep good ladies! Love ya!

I hope tomorrow is full of dollie news! That is much more fun than the type of day I had today!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:43 pm

Interesting your husband says this is illegal. A social worker that I work at the hospital with who has about 20 years of experience told me that is what she did for her mother who was in a similar situation as your folks and required nursing home care. I guess if you know how to work the system somehow there must be a way around it. But, I guess the up front way to handle it is just pay off all the medical bills and if they don't have much equity in their condo, and not much money in the bank, eventually their assets will naturally be just about gone and they will qualify for the next level of Medicare coverage that way.

You may want to keep it on the down low with the Hospice folks if you are planning on taking your Dad out and about. It would seem kind of hard to justify round the clock care if he is doing well enough to go out and eat... Shocked It sounds like he is getting a second wind though doesn't he?
I'm sure it would be good for him to get out, but the effort it will take you and your mom to get him out may be another story. Just getting him in and out of the car is a major ordeal isn't it?

Yes, heres hoping tomorrow is a better day with lots of dollie news...
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:35 pm

Hi!

Hope you had a great day! I was so busy today. Little girls keeping me hopping and I was on the phone with the local Funeral Home. My folks decided not to go with The Veterans Services (after I went over everything with them in 4 phone calls) and go with the local Funeral Home in their town. So I talked to the funeral director. Mom and I are meeting with him on Saturday morning before we go out to lunch. We will be picking out an urn and a keepsake urn along with going over any other details.

Mom called early this morning and said my dad had a rough night. He needed two shots of morphine and a sleeping pill. I swear the "not being able to breath" at night is psychosomatic. The whole time I was with him yesterday he was breathing fine. He always breaths fine during the day. What would change at night? It can't be from lying down because he lays down most of the day. I really think he panics at night or something.

They delivered the lift today for my mom to get my dad up and in the wheelchair. She said it was a lot of work and wore my dad out. I am going to tell him that it is too cold to go out right now, and we will take him out to eat in the spring. I am sure it would not be a good idea for him to attempt going out, but if he is thinking he can do it - I don't want to be the one to take that hope from him.

In other news, the little baby I watch, Skylar (she will be two in April) has to have eye surgery and get glasses Crying or Very sad Poor little thing. I am watching her tomorrow, just the two of us. I'll give her lots of love. She says "Dolls" whenever she comes into my office! She runs up to them and smiles big and yells "Dolls"! I think I have a little fellow addict in the making here!

TTYL!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:30 pm

I wonder if your Dad has sleep apnea at night or something. He is still on oxygen isn't he? I know some people that have sleep apnea have to wear C-pap at night. Problem is they have to go into a sleep clinic and get a stupid sleep study to get diagnosed. But, maybe if he has enough other symptoms someone can figure it out without that.

That is so cute and funny Skylar gets alll excited about the dolls! She is going to acquire some extra good taste for dolls being around you! That is going to be tough on her having to get eye surgery..was she premature?

Well, Bill made it home to Sweden safe and sound! His new owner is beyond thrilled with him and got him a Prunella! I will bring over pics when she posts them. She will be taking him to his homeland in Berlin this Spring....how cool is that?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:42 pm

Oh how cool for Bill!! Can you believe your doll has become such a world traveler? I can't wait for pix!!

I don't know if Skylar was premature. I just noticed Tuesday that her left eye was wandering while the right eye was looking at me. Her mom took her to an optometrist today and he recommends she see a pediatric opthamologist. He thinks she needs both the surgery and glasses. I will know more soon. Yes, I have all the girls hooked on dolls!

So many Hospice nurses have been with my dad while he was sleeping at night and nobody has said anything about sleep apnea. I will have to check into it!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:06 pm

Now is this gorgeous or what????? This inspires me so much for my girl...

Dolls Shallsteam
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:42 am

Yes, that is gorgeous! Hey, that necklace would be so easy to make! Some small ribbon and a mini charm!

Skylar is sitting on the bed next to me going "DOLL!" She is too funny. She is eating a morning snack and watching WTTW Kids while I catch up here. She is holding her baby Cabbage Doll. I remember when they were all the rage!

Hope you have a great day!

Talk to you later! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: