Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
aerwin
Lau
Sky
frazzle
Luca
abrahammy
firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

American Idol - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:08 am

Very COOOOOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:47 pm

Wonder why AI5 and AI6 finalists didn't get Skecher deals? Looks like it goes to AI winners.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:55 pm

I think only Carrie and DC got Sketcher deals.

Kelly Clarkson got Candies.

No endorsement deals for Clay or Ruben. I don't remember any for Fanty. Taylor did that Ford Commercial, but not sure if that was really and endorsement deal though. Seemed to only be the one commercial. Not sure about Jordin. I can't think of any product for her. Kat had that Sexy Hair deal.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:08 pm

Cute interview with Jason and MJ

http://www.comcast.net/tv/seenontv/4220/backstagewiththeidolsmichaelampjason/

I like when MJ says Kim Locke can jump in the lake! Razz Yeah, with an anchor tied to her ankle would work for me Twisted Evil

This is suppose to be Kristy Lee Cook's new single for country radio. Give a listen. Hit or miss??

http://www.kfrog.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=2740946
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 7:50 pm

I listened to most of the recording..........I think it's a MISS.....
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 8:04 pm

Yeah, it's not my type of song either. I'm surprised she already has a single going to radio.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:47 pm

I don't keep up with all the contractural obligations of Idol, but I thought they couldn't release anything. Unless maybe they have her under contract and so then it's okay??? I don't pay much attention to the details of Kristy's singing career..........

Last edited by Sky on Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 6:53 am

I know she was signed by somebody. I will have to check and see who she signed with. Other than the Davids she is the only one so far who is signed. I am just surprised she gets a single out before Archie. Makes me think she is signed with 19.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:44 am

Kristy is signed with 19R Arista/Nashville. That explains why she can get a single out so soon.

Archie's single "Crush" will be out in early to mid August.

I just read that Archie has some cool writers working with him on his album. Tedder from One Republic, and the guy who wrote two of Kelly Clarkson's big hits from Breakaway. Looks like they are bringing in some big names in the pop music world for Archie, while DC is writing with some great writers in the rock world. Very cool for both of them!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:40 pm

I thought this was a pretty good review so brought it over...
Quote :
Your two favorite Davids deliver polished sets at American Idols Live in TacomaAmerican Idols Live Tour 2008, starring David Cook and David Archuleta, at the Tacoma Dome July 12; review by Misha Berson.

By Misha Berson

Seattle Times theater critic

Concert Review |

Fame is that most fickle of commodities. And the attractive, personable young singers performing at the Tacoma Dome on Saturday, as top finalists from the phenom TV talent show "American Idol," were savoring their taste of it.

Predominantly female (median age between 10 and 60), the large T-Dome crowd greeted some of the Idols with polite enthusiasm, and several with wild cheering.

A blend of basic stagecraft, celebrity worship, commercial huckstering and musical diversity, the Idols show gave each performer a solo set of three or four numbers.

Encouraged constantly to roar their approval, the crowd clearly gave the warmest reception to the top male vote getters — who really were the most distinctive entertainers in the bunch.

Right up their at the pinnacle was David Cook, the swaggering yet gracious rocker who won the 2008 "Idol" crown.

Encoring his TV versions of "Billie Jean," "Hello" and the saccharin but heartfelt coronation tune "The Time of My Life," Cook pumped up the crowd, rocked steady and sang impressively.

Only Cook's rendition of "My Hero," dedicated to his ailing brother, missed the mark (due to sludgy over-amplification).

Drawing about as much adulation, "Idol" runner-up David Archuleta also dispatched a poised, polished set.

Wearing a black, rhinestone-trimmed suit, the Utah teen showed off some sweet R&B chops on "Stand By Me." But his set was dominated by big, goopy power ballads, including "When You Say You Love Me." (Watch your back, Josh Groban.)

Aussie heartthrob Michael Johns proved as dishy in the flesh as on screen. And just like on TV, his sultry, soulful treatment of "It's All Wrong But It's All Right" (dedicated to "the ladies") outshone his bombastic Queen and Aerosmith covers.

Surprisingly, dreadlocked flower child Jason Castro really earned his tweener screams. He repeated his cheery TV renditions of "Over the Rainbow" (with ukulele) and the Lovin' Spoonful's "Daydream" with gusto, and brought a sunnier, lighter vibe, even to Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy."

As for the others? They fell into several camps. The very pretty, earnest, musically bland blondes, like Seattle-born country crooner Kristy Lee Cook and folkie ex-nanny Brooke White. And Then there was the gifted but musically misguided diva-gal, Syesha Mercado (in a dress cut to her navel, straining her way through Alicia Keys' "If I Ain't Got You"). And Carly Smithson, the big-voiced Irish lass, who pushed her pipes to screaming extremes, on "Crazy on You" (prefaced with a nice homage to Heart) and "Bring Me to Life."Opening the show was Chikezie, the lovable, energized soulster who ingratiated himself with Donny Hathaway's "I Believe to My Soul." And close on Chikezie's heels was No. 9 in the "Idol" race, the cute, perky and vocally underwhelming Ramiele Malubay.

Misha Berson: mberson@seattletimes.com

Copyright © 2008 The Seattle Times Company

More Music & nightlife headlines...
E-mail article Print view
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 1:54 pm

Quote :
Surprisingly, dreadlocked flower child Jason Castro really earned his tweener screams. He repeated his cheery TV renditions of "Over the Rainbow" (with ukulele) and the Lovin' Spoonful's "Daydream" with gusto, and brought a sunnier, lighter vibe, even to Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy

Flower child Jason Castro?????????????? confused

Tweener screams?????????????? confused
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Quote :
Flower child Jason Castro??????????????

Tweener screams??????????????
Laughing I knew you would get a kick out of that! But, really are you surprized by these descriptions about your man? He really is tweener scream inducing material and has a little bit of flower child/retro vibe as well...*cough, cough* Twisted Evil

Sounds like he is getting more confident on stage as the tour goes on too!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 3:10 pm

I think flower child fits him flower

I would think the tweeners are screaming for all the guys! This is one cute bunch of Idol guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 3:11 pm

The "Flower Child", yes....I am surprised and irritated about.

Tweener scream, no, I'm not surprised about.

He is indeed getting more confidence.

Last edited by Sky on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 3:21 pm

Why does "Flower Child" bother you? I was sort of one in my teens. I think of a Flower Child as someone who is all "peace and love". I see that in Jason. I don't think it means drugs or stupid. Just someone who is laid back and all about spreading love and brotherhood. Perhaps I should look up the definition and see why it bothers you so.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 4:35 pm

I THINK 'LABELS' BOTHER ME.......... I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN LABELS ARE USED TO DEFINE SOMEONE.

I ALSO TEND TO THINK 'HIPPIE' WHEN 'FLOWER CHILD' IS MENTIONED AND HE NOR HIS PARENTS ARE HIPPIES. THIS IS DATING ME A LITTLE, ISN'T IT? Laughing I DON'T KNOW THE TRUE DEFINITION OF FLOWER CHILD, BUT THAT'S MY INTERPRETATION.

JC, GOT STUCK WITH SO MANY WRONG 'LABELS' DURING IDOL, THAT I HATE TO SEE THEM STILL BEING USED BY NON-FANS.

Last edited by Sky on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 5:15 pm

Do you mean to be yelling? All caps means yelling Shocked I take it back. Jason is so not a Flower Child Laughing No way, no how Razz
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Ooops...........I am so sorry. Caps were left on from another site where we sometimes use them because it's easier to read with the background they use. Laughing

I can't change it without retyping it! I made them smaller though!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm

That's OK. I just thought maybe you were upset because you never use all caps. It can be easier to read though Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 6:56 pm

If I'm using caps it's because I forgot they were on. I would not be yelling at anyone on here...............
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 7:37 pm

Constantine types in all caps! Razz Sometimes he is yelling Wink

I know you wouldn't yell at us. I just had to tease you! Razz It was funny to see all caps from you while talking about Jason. Like you were passionate in your feelings.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:37 pm

I would love to know what the terms hippie and flower child mean to you more specifically.

At least two-thirds of the reason I like him is that he seems like the hippie flower children of my college years. Those are both positive terms to me.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:05 pm

I was very much a Hippie in HS. Not so much after. I got a job at Continental Bank in downtown Chicago and got into that whole downtown girl scene. I had a lot of fun in my Hippiedom! Met lots of great people!

Here is a really good review of our guys in their Tacoma Show!

Quote :
Idols give a mixed performance in Tacoma
By LYNSI BURTON
P-I REPORTER

The "American Idol" commercial machine hit the Tacoma Dome on Saturday with its tour featuring the top 10 contestants from the seventh season, attracting a packed house of young families and tween David Archuleta admirers.

MUSIC REVIEW
AMERICAN IDOL LIVE TOUR 2008

WHEN: Saturday night

WHERE: Tacoma Dome
The "Idol" contestants sang three songs each in order of their elimination from the show, so the three-hour extravaganza opened with Chikezie, who peaked with his well-executed final song, John Legend's "So High."

Ninth-place Ramiele Malubay gave a forgettable performance that included a meek attempt at the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back." Michael Johns, who featured one of the better programs in terms of musical taste, gave a heartfelt though lackluster performance of Queen's "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions" and Aerosmith's "Dream On." Kristy Lee Cook opened and closed as a sex kitten with her country program but gave a girl-next-door performance of "God Bless America" in the middle.

Sixth-place Carly Smithson gave the first truly impressive appearance of the night with her arrangement of Heart's "Crazy On You" featuring soaring vocals befitting the song. The barefoot Brooke White was also entertaining, opening with her best song, "Let It Be" by The Beatles, which she played on the piano.

After an intermission, the second half opened with dred-headed Jason Castro's peak, his delightful rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," accompanying himself on the ukulele. Syesha Mercado gave technically strong performances but didn't show her soul until Beyonce's "Listen," during which she wowed the crowd with her vocal capabilities.

Then the inevitable piercing screams from the crowd hailed the wide-eyed 17-year-old runner-up, David Archuleta. He rose from below the stage playing on the piano the only song that suited him that night, "Angels" by Robbie Williams. Archuleta seems to have matured a bit performancewise, though he still squints insufferably, and his youth shows when he talks to the crowd and nervously chuckles, especially when a stuffed animal was thrown to him from an admirer in the crowd. The remaining three songs he performed, including Timbaland's "Apologize," were vocally excellent but not necessarily made believable by Archie.

Then came "American Idol" winner David Cook. Throughout his gritty five-song set that included Foo Fighters' "My Hero" and Aerosmith's "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing," Cook was the standout performer who sported the arrogance and the showmanship befitting a status as a popular artist. He growled, screamed, strutted and pumped up the audience. As an encore, he belted out an inventive slow arrangement of Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean," which demonstrated Cook's ability to put his own mark on a timeless song.

The finale, featuring all 10 performers singing Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music," was a bit awkward, considering the song hardly fit the style of any of the singers.

As Randy Jackson might say: "It was all right, dawg. Not bad, but it was just all right for me."

P-I reporter Lynsi Burton can be reached at 206-448-8246 or lynsiburton@seattlepi.com.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:09 am

Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but wasn't Amanda suppose to be in the tour? There has not been anything mentioned on her.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:19 am

No, Amanda was 11th. Only top 10 tour. I was hoping she would make the tour because I thought she would bring something great to the tour (more so than Rami and KLC) but it wasn't meant to be Crying or Very sad I like her!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 16 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next