Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+6
Luca
firecracker
aerwin
frazzle
Green Eyez
Sky
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:24 pm

Yes, I read that today while checking into everything. He doesn't really have the classic symptoms of iron deficiency - he never eats dirt Razz He has always been pale, but I think is because he is Swedish on his dad's side. I do assume he will be tested for that though. I know they did a blood draw when he was in the ER on New Year's Eve, but I do not know if that would show up while looking for infection or viruses.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:59 pm

Quote :
Ok, I have now seen who Jared is, and don't think I will ever be quite the same again.

Quote :
Well, I was going to type something profound, but GE posted those pix of Jared and now all I can think about is his kidjmsh pipe
Welcome to my world...

FC, I always thought that was something they made up to sell medication.

Sometimes during the night I have this jolt and my legs fly up and then I go right back to sleep. Hell, I could have it and not know it.

I would go with frazz' suggestion and look up homeopathic before you put a 19-year-old on heavy meds. I'm sure people have been dealing with this long before they gave it a name and it doesn't have to be cured with meds.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:26 am

I had a boyfriend once who had a whole 'nother league of restless leg. Kicked all night long. We broke up.

Mine only do it occasionally.

THe ex beau had some pretty major brain chemistry imbalances, a result of y major drug use back in the 60s.

Somehow I suspect that is not the cause of FC's son's troubles.

I hope the non-med ways work for him.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:52 am

Oh No poor Eric. I hope you find a resolution. That is young to have that is it not?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:08 am

Very young Aerwin Sad It usually starts middle age or senior years. But it does happen to young folks too. I was up until 1:00 AM reading some forums for people with RLS. There were a couple of teens on the forum. One has had it since he was 8 years old.

Sadly, the forums were not encouraging, but some people have had luck with magnesium pills, iron pills, tonic water, and a few other things. Funny, but studies have shown that marijuana is the best thing Laughing It appears it works great and more than anything else for people. It is natural and does not have the serious side effects that the prescription drugs do. There are states where RLS sufferers are being given marijuana legally for RLS. Of course I am hoping we can find things to work for Eric other than pot, but if that is the only thing that can help him I would be more for that than the drugs I have been reading about. It is much safer.

I will be buying him iron, magnesium and tonic water today. Also the Epsom salts for his warm baths.

GE, this is most certainly not something made-up. Over 40 million Americans are suffering from this. If you read up on it it is really pretty horrible. I couldn't believe the sad and frustrating stories on the forum. Many of these folks are lucky to get a couple hours of sleep during the night. The descriptions of the feelings in the legs are heartbreaking. Plus in time it moves to the arms also. The docs can't figure out what causes it or what to really do for it. They don't know how anyone gets it, though 50% have family history of it. My FIL had it, but not until he was much older and was dealing with Parkinson's.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:43 am

You know I guess I am ignorant because I had never heard of it until that commerical was airing for that drug for RSL. But it's funny this lady I'm friendly with mentioned to me today her husband had it so bad he had to sleep in a seperate room. Does no one know what causes it? I'm worried about your little guy FC , I'm sorry he has to go through this. I am hoping for a quick fix.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:59 pm

I had never heard of it before the commercials either. That's the reason I thought it was something the drug companies made up to get you to buy their meds. I figured it was something that wasn't major, but peole would think they had it, because he symptoms as they describe them in the commercial, are very non-specific and could incite panic.

So, that's why I am surprised that it's a real thing and it's so debilitating.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:52 pm

Wow, just trying to catch up on stuff............FC.....just read about Eric, I hope simple measures work before having to resort to drugs.

I had a great time, some weird times and a flight that I never want to experience again. I'll get some pics up sometime this week. I have mass unpacking to get done and I have missed everyone! I have no idea what's going on with DC or JC............
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 5:34 am

Welcome back Sky! Glad you are home safe and sound! I love you We missed you too! Crying or Very sad When you are done unpacking and getting some rest get your butt in the DC thread! Razz I have tried to keep good info in there.

Also, let me know if you are watching So You Think You Can Dance! I hope you join me there!

I look forward to pix and the stories of your trip! bounce

I am hoping for treatment for Eric that does not include meds. He has had a few decent nights now. Getting 5 or 6 hours straight. Maybe the vitamins are helping. After reading about the side effects of the narcotics I think I would sooner get him the pot! Laughing Works better and no serious side effects - oh, except getting arrested lol!

I am so anxious for his appointment with the neurologist! I am going to remain hopeful that he has some good news.

We found out yesterday that my BIL is suffering from it also! We never knew. So FIL and BIL. I am guessing it just might be in the genes from hubby's side.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:30 pm

Niagara Falls..............

The boat is the Maid of the Mist and what an awesome experience. It takes you right up to the Falls. I have more pics of our Jet Dome boat ride on the Niagara river and a castle called Casa Loma in Toronto, that I will get to tomorrow.

Chitchat - Page 5 Maidofmist3Medium
Chitchat - Page 5 NiagaraMedium
Chitchat - Page 5 Niagara2Medium
Chitchat - Page 5 Niagara5Medium
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:34 pm

A few from Casa Loma.............. It is so beautiful........

Chitchat - Page 5 Room2Medium
Chitchat - Page 5 Room
Chitchat - Page 5 Castle3
Chitchat - Page 5 Castle2
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:18 am

Even more wow, Sky. Off to bed with me, but now my head is filled with wonderful visions from looking at your pics, Sky.

P.S. the sky diving you mentioned in another thread...I want to hear more. I am afraid of things like that, but do not want to be.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 5:15 am

Gorgeous pix Sky!! Thanks for sharing! Looks like a wonderful trip!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 8:10 am

Sky your photos are absolutely gorgeous! I feel like I am there by just looking at them! I really must get to Toronto one of these days.

The exchange rate is still a little to our advantage, right?
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 8:19 am

That Casa Loma is BEAUTIFUL!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:39 am

We also took a ride/tour on a Jet Boat (covered) on the Niagara River. We wished we had done the ride on the open boat.....we'll do it next time.... The rapid ratings are a 5 or 6, with 6 being the highest rating and only done with a Jet Boat.

Chitchat - Page 5 Scanneddocuments0001Medium
Chitchat - Page 5 100_2366Medium
Chitchat - Page 5 100_2370Medium
Chitchat - Page 5 100_2379Medium
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:48 am

Awesome!

Oh, I soooo would only do the covered boat Embarassed FC = big chicken! Chitchat - Page 5 3
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:43 pm

frazzle wrote:
Even more wow, Sky. Off to bed with me, but now my head is filled with wonderful visions from looking at your pics, Sky.

P.S. the sky diving you mentioned in another thread...I want to hear more. I am afraid of things like that, but do not want to be.

What would you like to know??? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:44 pm

firecracker wrote:
Awesome!

Oh, I soooo would only do the covered boat Embarassed FC = big chicken! Chitchat - Page 5 3

It's the same ride, you just get really wet in the open Jet Boat! Laughing We didn't have a warm day for that though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Quote :
OMG!! That is sooooo freaking awesome!!!!!!! Good for you! I would never do it in a million years! I would barf on the poor guy I was with I can't even do roller coasters I do envy you though that you can do that. It must be amazing!

That has happened before.......... Laughing Not me, but it has happened. It's totally amazing...........it is the most peaceful feeling, well after the freefall! Laughing Hey, there are some really cute Tandem Instructors! Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 2:32 pm

Well, they would have to be JD, DC and JC all rolled into one cute before I would do that! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 2:57 pm

Laughing You are funny!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:34 pm

Sky you rock!!!!!! A true adventurer in our midst! bom
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:05 pm

Quote :
Well, they would have to be JD, DC and JC all rolled into one cute before I would do that!
I don't even know if I'd do all that stuff for Jared.

Sky, God Bless Ya. Holy crap.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:09 pm

Quote :
I don't even know if I'd do all that stuff for Jared.
GE...why not put another hot picture of him up and lets postulate if we would jump out of a plane to do him. Shocked Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 5 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next