Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 4:57 pm

I 'pop in' when I get the chance. I've been really busy lately with out of town guests and my son and granddaughter were here. I'm also getting ready for a trip to Nova Scotia, Canada!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 5:23 pm

Oh you world travelers have the life!!

I am going nuts getting the house (inside and out) already for Eric's party tomorrow. I think we just might get it all done in time! I had the boys help me today but I cut them loose a couple hours ago so they could go hang with friends.

Sunday we go see my dad at rehab. Eric has a job interview Sunday morning at 9:00. Wish him luck! Collage and a job Crying or Very sad my baby all growed up.

Have a great trip Austin and Sky! Stay in touch.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 6:00 pm

I am here. For the life of me I just don't have anything interesting to report. Still kind of frantically looking for a $$ job. I got one last week for a couple of days doing some web work.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 6:22 pm

Sending you good vibes in your job search Frazz I love you You don't need anything interesting to report! Just talk to us!

I miss you guys and worry about you when you don't write!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 7:14 pm

You are really a sweetheart FC, and I mean that sincerely.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 7:28 pm

Aw, so are you Austin I love you :smooches:
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 7:49 pm

FC.....I would love to be a world traveler. This will be the furthest I've been from home. I would love to travel everywhere, but until I win the lottery, I don't see that happening.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:04 am

We had a great weather day yesterday for our city's annual Hydroplane race and Blue Angel Airshow over Lake Washington. The skyline you see is Bellevue, Wa. The view is from my Sister's house. Bill Gates mansion is located on the shore of this lake, you can't see it in these shots. The sky is a bit hazy from the smoke of the Blue Angels.

Chitchat - Page 13 Bellevueraceday
Chitchat - Page 13 BlueAngel11
Chitchat - Page 13 Blueangels2007
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:54 am

Gorgeous pix!! Thanks for sharing Sky!! Your sister is lucky to have such amazing views from her house!! Should I post pix of some of our beautiful cornfields?! Razz

(yes, I am jealous of people who live in and by the mountains Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 6:34 pm

Lovely!

Yes, put up them cornfields, FC.

I'll take some pics of the garbage in the alley next to my place.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 7:04 pm

lol! Frazz!

Actually, we have pretty views from the windows in our house and our neighborhood is very pretty, but driving from our neighborhood to the stores or my folks place and I am just on winding farm roads of cornfields and soybeans!! If I'm really lucky some of the farmers have their horses out roaming around! I joke about it, but I do love the farmlands more than when we lived in the big city. But let me tell ya, when we took our vacation to Colorado Springs a few years back, I completely fell in love with that town and the amazing views! Last year we spent time in Vermont and I LOVED it there too! I'd move to either place in a heartbeat if it were not for wanting to stay here for my folks and we didn't want to uproot the boys while in HS.

Here is the view from my back yard. It's not mountains or an ocean, but it does beat the cornfields!
Chitchat - Page 13 IM001489
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 7:08 pm

It's a beautiful view! I would love to see some farmland and cornfields. I grew up in Minnesota..........I miss it sometimes.....but not the winters or the mosquitos in the summertime! I've been to Colorado Springs, it is gorgeous!!! I loved it there.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:29 pm

Thanks!

We had friends who lived in Hudson, WI. but worked in Minnesota, so when we visited we would go shopping and dining in Minnesota. Sadly, her husband died from Leukemia. She moved to Tennessee after that. We have never made the trip to Tennessee. She likes it a lot though. Anyway, they used to say that the winters started in October and ended in April!! I think that is why she moved. I love the farmlands in the states with rolling hills. So very beautiful. Some of our fellow Midwestern states have gorgeous hillsides. Illinois is just pretty darn flat.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:56 pm

FC, beautiful view!

I love Vermont...cold, cold, cold, but the beauty of the place in the winter is as close to heaven as I will ever get. Tall evergreens, purple mountains (yes they really do look purple), and pure white show. A horror to drive in, but so gorgeous.

My intention, when I am past 85, or as soon as it becomes obvious that I really do not have long to live, is to go to Vermont and armed with beer and pills, go off to sleep in a snow drift and freeze to death (apparently that is kind of a pleasant way to die, after the initial chill.)
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 5:18 am

Yes, Vermont is like Heaven on Earth! We were in Stowe and I wanted to just move in right then and there! I even bought a gorgeous coffeetable book of pictures of Vermont in all the seasons! I look at it often and dream of retiring there.

Sounds like a lovely way to go Frazz! But you have a long time before you will leave us!!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 5:44 am

Oh, I secretly plan on not checking out until I am about 94 or even 104...but it really makes me feel peaceful to know that when the times comes, I have a plan I like.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 5:35 pm

104 sounds good to me!! Very Happy

HOLY CRAP!! I just ordered my son's books for his first semester of college Shocked How can a math book be $125?? I think I should just go ahead and throw my credit card at the school Razz

Oh, and forget half.com. First off, the prices were no where near half. Some of the sellers had lower approval ratings than I would trust and we didn't have two weeks to wait for delivery.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:17 pm

A quick "HI!" from New Mexico. No time to chat. : (

Pretty bad day getting up here. One problem after another. I was waiting for frogs to rain down on us next.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:20 pm

Oh goodness no!! Well, thanks for letting us know you got there safe and sound. Sorry you had some problems. You will have to tell us all about them. I hope tomorrow goes better!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:01 am

OK ladies, RUN don't walk to the AI thread and watch the new close-up vid of Gina being proposed to by her boyfriend!! I dare you not to get all choked up! It is just the sweetest thing!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:53 pm

I've seen it................ Very Happy Very touching moment.......
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:48 pm

Hi Sky!

When I saw that he put the ring on the pickle I thought that was just the cutest thing! She loves her little pickle!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 1:19 pm

Just got back from spending 5 hours at my son's College Freshman Orientation!! I was so freaking excited!! There is just something about your first born starting college that is so fulfilling!! All the speakers were great and a wonderful free luncheon afterwards!

Here is Eric in front of the new Science Building - which on the inside is amazing! It was just completed this summer and is state of the art. The labs and classrooms are wonderful. The whole campus is so beautiful!

Chitchat - Page 13 IM001539

Dickson Hall, one of the main halls.
Chitchat - Page 13 IM001546

Where he will start his day!
Chitchat - Page 13 IM001540

Another class here!
Chitchat - Page 13 IM001544

Another new building he has a class in!
Chitchat - Page 13 IM001541

There are more, but I bored you long enough!! Razz Anyway, what a wonderful day! I am so proud of him!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 2:07 pm

Starting college! Cool!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 5:27 pm

Yes Frazz, it is so cool! The campus has 15 halls with 2 more under construction. A new beautiful auditorium and great cafeteria and little Grilles and a large new "gathering" building almost completed that will be for many extracurricular activities. There are set-ups for eating outside too. We are so incredibly lucky to have this college 2 miles from our home! I am so excited for Eric! The great thing about this transfer program he is in, is that he gets all the mandatory classes over in the first two years, gets his Associates Degree and than can go to Northern, Columbia or any of the other state schools for the last two years and take the courses that he really wants for his major. Getting the Associates Degree is such a good idea because that is something that can never be taken away from you. I have known people who started off at a 4 year University and for various reasons chose to quite before finishing and they have nothing. He is being so smart going this route, plus he doesn't get into any debt with college loans for the first two years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: