Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 10:41 pm

firecracker wrote:
Hugs to you too I love you I hope you had a beautiful Xmas! Did you get to see your grandkids at all?

I had a nice Christmas. Yes, my son and family came by here to open gifts and then we all went to my Sister's for our annual Christmas get together. I have 2 grandchildren in Arizona, I don't get to see that often but we got to talk to them this morning. By the time we got over there, we were beginning to have a white Christmas. It only snowed enough for a thin white layer, which didn't last. Neutral

I hope you managed to have a nice Christmas with your loved ones. santa
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 6:15 am

I'm so glad you got to have such a nice Xmas! Too bad Arizona is so far away. At least you had a little white for Xmas! We did too. Not much and now most of it is gone, but it was enough to look Christmasy!.

It was as nice of an Xmas as it could be under the circumstances. Dad wasn't doing very good yesterday and wasn't awake much of the time. But we had that great day Saturday, we did get to go to the big family celebration on Xmas Eve and he did hang in there past Xmas which was my Xmas wish.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:19 pm

Firecracker I am so glad you got your Christmas wish of having your dad with you.

At both of my work places they have boxes and boxes of candy and cookies that people gave various staff members.

I think I gained 10 pounds.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:56 pm

Thanks Frazz! I am happy dad has hung in there too.

Everyone gains 10 pounds at the holidays! It's tradition! Sounds like you work at fun and nice places!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:06 am

Hey, everybody. Well, I am having an interesting time. I've got some kind of arch inflammation - plantar fascitis and they gave me a cortizone injection yesterday to fight it. I spent the rest of the day with a foot that perpetually felt like it had gone to sleep! Taking it easy today - of course, the big present of the year was Dance Dance Revolution, and while I can let the kids knock themselves out, I can't play!

lol!

And to think, I suggested this as a means to get my overly electronic kids and their overly electronic mother on our feet. lol!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:40 am

Oh no! Poor Abrahammy! Crying or Very sad So sorry. I hope you feel better really soon and you are dancing all over the place with your kids! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:16 pm

Abrahammy, I'm so sorry and I hope the injection helps. I'll bet the injection hurt like heck......... pale
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:23 pm

What is it, a video game that you dance on electronic pads to win? I saw something like that on Tv, I think.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:45 pm

I forgot to tell y'all I got a new tortoise for Christmas! You remember how sad I was at losing my previous one. So my husband got my a new one. His name is Senor Tortoga. I was totally surprised. He came fed ex to my husbands office. All the other guys were laughing and laughing at the fact that this was my Christmas gift. A guy that works with him said "Damn I am just waiting on a Victoria's Secret sale and your wife is getting a tortoise".
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:14 pm

How sweet, that he gave you a new tortoise. I love his name, Senor Tortoga. Smile
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 3:47 pm

That is fantastic Aerwin!! What a sweetie to do that!!! Great name! I bet he loves his new mommie and home!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish you all health, happiness and love in 2008 and always!! Chitchat - Page 30 10

BTW, could you all say a prayer, cross fingers or whatever you do that my kids are safe tonight? My 16 year old has to work until 9:00 PM and not only is it New Year's Eve drunk driver night, but we have a snow and freezing fog thing going on affraid I am already freaking out. Also, my son who will turn 19 tomorrow is going out tonight with friends No It is so bad out, but what can I do? It is NYE's and his b-day at midnight and he wants to go out. Lordy I am going to need a bunch of Tums!!

Last edited by on Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 3:51 pm

Congrats Aerwin on Senor Tortuga! He must be a spanish tortoise, eh?

drunken And a big Happy New Year's Eve to all! drunken
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:38 pm

Aerwin, YAY on the tortoise!!!!!!!! What a very wonderful gift!

FC, I think instead of Tums you should go with the medicine of the night and get blasted on Champagne. I know I am going to.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 9:00 pm

That too! Tums and Champagne!!

Actually, all is cool. Justin (16 year old) was let go from work an hour early because due to the freaking snow storm the store was empty. He got home safe (took extra long because NO roads have been plowed at all yet) and my hubby drove him to his friend's house for his overnight. So he is safe and sound with his friends. No parents are letting their kids drive out in this. Eric was out with friends but called to have my hubby pick him up because he doesn't feel good (poor baby - his birthday is tomorrow) so he is safe in his bed, just not feeling so hot. I sure hope he gets better for his little party at my folk's tomorrow. I feel bad for him. I know he was looking forward to having fun tonight. BUT, I am happy that my babies are off the roads!!

I do not understand why NO streets are plowed. Not in our town, not where Justin works (which is a really busy area) not in my folks town. It's been snowing for 9 hours and no plows scratch I've never seen anything like that here before.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 10:58 pm

Happy New Year, my friends. I have something in common with your son, Firecracker - New Year's Baby. Tonight I celebrate my mother's life, my children's growth, and the very fact that I have no major problems or heartaches.

There is great joy and contentment in a year that has been relatively free of speedbumps. I must never forget that
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 11:43 pm

abrahammy, YAY for a relatively speed bump free year (though your Mom's health scare was quite a bump). Happy Birthday!

I am halfway through my champagne, slurring my words, but desperately wanting to hear back from my friend Marilyn (the woman half of the couple where the guy-friend died).

FC, I am very glad your guys are safe.

Let us all have a surprisingly, amazingly, happy, and prosperous 2008!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:51 am

Yay for safe babies, birthdays, champagne, and good people to share it all with!

I did not drink champagne although it is one of my fav beverages. I drank a glass of wine and 1/4 of a mixed drink. You can tell I am a heavy drinker. Rolling Eyes ..just was'nt the right drinking situation I guess. We got home at 10:30 because the music was so bad and annoying at the shindig we went to we could not hang... Shocked I am talking something like bad country karyoke (sp?)...and could there be anything worse? They did have a lovely flute player accompanied by a pianist for the first part of the evening which was pleasant...and lots of decent h'or deurves.

Happy New Year to all you fine laydees...hope we continue to find more common ground, stimulating conversation, support, and laughs together over the next year!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 1:07 am

me too, Luca. it is now 12:06 here in L.A. 2008!

See ya in the new year!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 1:47 am

Slightly drunken reverie.

I really, really, really love musical theatre. George just gave me an itunes card for my birthday and I've been strolling luxuriously in the soundtracks for musicals for two hours having a complete ball.

I think this is why I stuck with whathisname as long as I did, for anybody who still cares. He was, at his best, a theatre rat, and so am I. Drama major in college. Love, love, love the stuff.

Wish I could see Clay in Spamalot, since he's all I have left. (And it's a lot, but I can't go to New York two years in a row. )
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 6:42 am

Happy New year everyone! I hope for all a great year. I got nothing to complain about. My son went out last night to a friend's house. I told him to go there and stay put . He had to call me before I could sleep.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:51 am

Good morning ladies!

Well guess what! At 10:15 Eric (the birthday boy who wanted to come home early because he was sick) felt so horrible he asked us to take him to the ER! affraid

He said he hurt everywhere from head to toe. Was dizzy and disorientated. Had trouble breathing, was seeing yellow spots before his eyes and his heart was racing affraid

So off to the ER in the snowstorm. When he got there his heart rate was really high and his blood pressure was really low. They ran a bunch of tests. His temperature was 103.5 degrees. They determined he had a viral infection. Shot some meds into him. In a couple hours he was better. Heart rate normal, but blood pressure was still a bid low. They gave us a prescription and sent us off to an open all night Walgreen's. They put him on a super strong 4 day antibiotic. He took two last night and than will take one a day for the next few days.

What a stressful and scary night! pale He is sleeping right now, but needless to say we will not be going to my folks to celebrate his birthday or the New Year Crying or Very sad He needs to rest and I don't want to expose my folks to anything - especially my dad. Man, what a holiday season this has been No

I called Justin on his cell to tell him that we were taking Eric to the ER. He was all worried and wanted to come home when we got Eric home. So we all got home at 2:00 AM. What a night to be running around - snowstorm and the night the drunks are out in full force. Thank god all ended up OK, even though I am sad not to spend the day with my folks.

I am thawing out a turkey now to cook - it's the only meat I had in the freezer Laughing

I might as well update you on my dad in this thread. The hospice nurses said yesterday they feel my dad has turned a corner. Yes, his heart is bad - only 10% power, but his blood pressure is back to normal and his kidneys are working better. He is a little stronger and has been feeding himself. His sores are healing really nicely. So they think he could be around longer than the heart docs said when they told us a few days to maybe two weeks. Last Sunday was two weeks since they told us that. I never dreamed that Sunday that he would see 2008. So the lesson learned is never give up hope! I don't know how much longer he will have, but I am making the most of it! Tomorrow I am going there to make some homemade bread for him that he misses (mom stopped doing so a long time ago) and this weekend I am going to make him some Funnel Cake (another comfort food he has missed) So I am getting this time to do all these special little things that I should have done before all this and didn't Embarassed When the time comes and he passes I am going to be in such a good place because of what I got to do before he left. I won't have any regrets of thinking of things I should have said and done!

So 2008 has started with a bang!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR SWEET ABRAHAMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May you have the bestest day and year ever!! flower I love you

That is so nice that you and Eric share a birthday!! You WOULD NOT believe who my son Justin shares a birthday with No A certain board admin that I won't name Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad How unfortunate.

Last edited by on Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:19 am

Quote :

I might as well update you on my dad in this thread. The hospice nurses said yesterday they feel my dad has turned a corner. Yes, his heart is bad - only 10% power, but his blood pressure is back to normal and his kidneys are working better. He is a little stronger and has been feeding himself. His sores are healing really nicely. So they think he could be around longer than the heart docs said when they told us a few days to maybe two weeks. Last Sunday was two weeks since they told us that. I never dreamed that Sunday than he would see 2008.

WOW. That's just amazing. I'm so glad to see that.
Quote :

That is so nice that you and Eric share a birthday!! You WOULD NOT believe who my son Justin shares a birthday with No A certain board admin that I won't name Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad How unfortunate.

Out of sight. Out of mind. Out of our lives. That day is your son's. Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:26 am

abrahammy wrote:

Out of sight. Out of mind. Out of our lives. That day is your son's. Laughing

So true!! Great way to look at it!! cheers
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:07 am

Oh Happy Bday Abrahammy! FC I am so glad to hear the news about your Dad.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:39 am

Quote :
When the time comes and he passes I am going to be in such a good place because of what I got to do before he left. I won't have any regrets of thinking of things I should have said and done!

So 2008 has started with a bang!
How wonderful you can say that! I am so happy that your Dad is having a decent qualilty of life now.

That is scary about what happenned to Eric! affraid Good thing he knew he needed to go to the ER! Sounds like he is going to need a few days of R&R to knock that bug out! Happy birthday to Eric! At least he has his beautiful Mom to take care of him! If you have to be sick, what could be better? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: