Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MOVIES!

Go down 
+9
Badger
mishmash
southernbelle
frazzle
Luca
aerwin
firecracker
austin
Green Eyez
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 6:08 am

You did not beat me ! I went Fri. My son even went with us because he loves Tim Burton as much as I do. Do not , do not miss this movie. Now since it is Sondheim it is 90 percent sung. and doinf most of the singing iS JD. He does a wonderful job. He is not as powerful as the original Len Cariou but hey he erases the line between singing and acting. He has very clear smooth voice. I usually disdain musicals but ST is one of the few I love because it is so dark. And who can argue with Sondheim? Alan Rickman is perfectly creepy as the Judge. Now this movie is extremely gory but think of what the story is about. So it is expected. I only have on little complaint. The young man that plays the sailor looks so much like Keira Knightley it is disconcerting. I swear I did a double take at first thinking I did not know Keira was in in ths movie. But all in all I give it a big fat A.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:53 am

Quote :
But all in all I give it a big fat A.
Eeeek! Now I am really excited! A dark, gory, Johnny and Tim do Sondheim! Can't wait, Can't wait! I wonder if it would be less crowded in my rural town today or tomorrow? I would think tomorrow! I better check first to see if it is even playing!

Thanks so much for the recap Aerwin! I love you
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:52 pm

Thanks, aerwin! I want to see it tomorrow (If there is no parking, I'll wait).
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:26 pm

Did you get to see ST yesterday Fraz? It isn't playing out in the sticks where I am yet! Shocked Mad
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:16 pm

I set out to see it both on the 24th and the 25th. In L.A. there seem to be many more people who do not stay home for xmas than elsewhere. The two places I tried were mobbed, not necessarily for Sweeney...I didn't get close enough to know...but NO PARKING. I though that might happen but was hoping it wouldn't. I probably won't get another chance for a few weeks.

Last edited by on Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 10:30 pm

Frazzle wrote:
Quote :
I probably won't get another chance for a few weeks.
That's too bad, but that is probably when it will finally come here....I hope! Shocked

I sure had my heart set on seeing it for Christmas too, but I would also have given up if it had been too crowded here. I'm just not into the crowds, or lines.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 6:13 am

Hey Y'all I don't think ST is in wide release yet. Because I had to drive 45 mins to get there and I read that it was not playing on as many screens as National Treasure. I'm sure with the Oscar buzz it will be on more screens.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 7:05 am

I want to see Sweeny Todd. My 16 year old son wants to see Sweeny Todd. BUT, my 16 year old son does not want to be seen going to the movies with his MOM!! Shocked Evil or Very Mad Razz
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 8:46 pm

Tell him to wear a disguise.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 9:25 pm

Good idea Frazz!! pirat clown alien farao afro Which one should he pick??
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:58 pm

I recommend this first, alien

Or if he prefers to be human, definitely this: afro

Now that I have seen pics of both of your gorgeous selves, i am certain nobody would know you were related.

I would not recommend that he disguise himself as Clay: Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 11:21 pm

Quote :
I would not recommend that he disguise himself as Clay:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked cherry

I think Justin thinks the doll dressed up as Clay is bad enough! lol!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 2:29 pm

Justin thinks all the dolls are bad enough! Rolling Eyes

You saw Eric's pic (my oldest) Justin is my youngest and he looks more like me than Eric. I have never put his pic on-line for anyone to see. I will have to look for a good one. He wears glasses (and I didn't spring for the non-reflective) and there is always flash bouncing off his glasses.

afro This would be a good one for Justin because he has super curlie hair!!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 9:05 pm

I didn't know where to put this, so I'm putting it here.

If none of you know who Jon Peters is, he was a hairdresser in the 70's who became a movie producer. He was also a boyfriend of Barbra Streisand.

Anyway, he and Peter Guber used to run Sony Pictures. Afterward, a book was written: "Hit and Run: How Jon Peters and Peter Guber Took Sony for a Ride in Hollywood". Everyone I knew at the time had that book. I was there when Guber was, not Jon.

He was pretty universally known as a giant asshole. Well, I guess karma is having its way with him right now.

Frazz, I thought you in particular would appreciate this.

Two sexual harassment suits for Jon Peters
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 1:44 am

Yep, Greeneyez, it sure would be nice if he had to pay for being an asshole.

Have any well known guys ever had to pay for being sexual harassers?
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:36 pm

firecracker wrote:
I want to see Sweeny Todd. My 16 year old son wants to see Sweeny Todd. BUT, my 16 year old son does not want to be seen going to the movies with his MOM!! Shocked Evil or Very Mad Razz

My son ACTUALLY went with us. Can you believe it? we were doing so much running around before the holidays my husband asked me Did I have to see ST the day it opened??!! MY son said "you are kidding, right"? He said "She has the screensaver , wallpaper , sweatshirt , t- shirt and has been only talking about it for a year, I don't think she's waiting."

He saw it again over the weekend so he has seen it twice now.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:03 am

Quote :
Have any well known guys ever had to pay for being sexual harassers?
'
Frazz, I know recently Christian Slater was arrested for squeezing a girl's butt.

Bill O'Reilly recently had, I think, more than one co-worker accuse him, and it was settled out of court. I was kinda glad about old Bill. I find that the more moralistic a person is, he's covering up a world of freakiness. Funny, because I was watching this, I think it was some sort of E! True Hollywood Story, on Jenna Jameson. She went on Bill's show and he called her a slut and a whore the entire time, then when the cameras were off he told her he had never seen any of her movies and maybe she could send him some. What an asswipe.

Then there's Pat O'Brien from Access Hollywood who had those horrific machine messages played over and over when he was wasted.

I'm sure there are many more. When I was at Sony, Jean-Claude Van Dam had quite the reputation.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:01 pm

I think Cristian Slater was drunk in public and grabbed some random middle-aged woman's butt and many witnesses saw it, so he was criminally charged...but that really is not sexual harassment. he was not in any power to force the woman to comply because he was her boss.

As far as I remember Pat O'Brian had to go to rehab and was humiliated, but he still has his job and I don't remember reading about him even being sued by employees he harassed (maybe he was).

Bill O'Reilly still has his job, though he did have to pay up.

Men of power who get sued for genuine job sexual harassment (like Jon Peters)... it is those guys who seem always to get away without consequences.

Fuck, think of Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas!

I have probably mentioned that I was friends with a woman who was Arnold Schwartzenegger and Maria Shriver's nanny... and he was not just badly behaved, but a genuine harasser.

She did not press charges or sue.... I wish she had.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:44 pm

Quote :
She did not press charges or sue.... I wish she had.

She probably was afraid she would never work as a nanny for the rich and famous again.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:10 am

She was also an actor and a writer...so she was afraid she'd "never work in this town again."
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:46 am

Man, that fear of being blacklisted sucks! I was reading a post from a lady at The Clack House (she is a free lance writer) talking about how fearful young actors are of going on the talk shows or anything for fear of being blacklisted. She was talking about so many people being out of work for 2 months. It was a sad post.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 4:06 pm

Well, Arnold has gotten in trouble in the past for that comment he made that got leaked.

I have heard he is quite lecherous. I think I talked to one guy who saw a woman walk by Arnold and he said "you have a nice ahss". I do agree that he, and many powerful men, only get a slap on the wrist for horrible cases of sexual harassment.

Yeah, the Clarence Thomas thing made steam come out of my ears.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:36 pm

I saw P.S. I Love You and what a great chick flick that is! One scene you laugh, the next you're running for the kleenex. My friend, who never cries at movies, had the packet of kleenex in her hands.

FC, it has Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who plays the dad on Supernatural. You get to see his butt and DAMN! That's one cute butt.

Gerard is sex personified, and does goofy really really well. I adore him.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:56 pm

That movie looks really cute! I happen to really like Hillary Swank. I LOVE Jeffrey Dean Morgan!!! He was on Grey's too - he was wonderful in that role. Cried my eyes out when he did. Then I had to watch him die on Supernatural - though since that is Sci-Fi I keep hoping that he will come back Razz
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 1:29 am

firecracker wrote:
Man, that fear of being blacklisted sucks! I was reading a post from a lady at The Clack House (she is a free lance writer) talking about how fearful young actors are of going on the talk shows or anything for fear of being blacklisted. She was talking about so many people being out of work for 2 months. It was a sad post.

My take, and experience, is that women routinely get blacklisted in Hollywood for not fucking the man in power who wants to fuck them. That is a far more serious ongoing problem.

It may take a year, but seriously, everybody in Hollywood knows that writers and actors who are not stars will not be able to make a living, have health insurance, and any other middle-class security unless the studios (who refuse to negotiate) unless they get paid for internet use.

It is not the writers who are preventing progress in the negotiations. If people like the person who posted the sad post are concentrating on not being able to go on any talk shows other than Letterman until the contracts for writers and actors include fair money for their work that appears on the internet, they are really shortchanging their own futures, their pensions, their ability to have health insurance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MOVIES! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOVIES!
Page 8 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next