Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV shows

Go down 
+6
Janice
Green Eyez
aerwin
austin
firecracker
frazzle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:56 pm

Aerwin I have become crazy mad in love with Moonlight!!! It is an awesome show and I LOVE the main characters!! The sexual tension between Mick and Beth is so thick you can cut it with a knife! I really hope this show has a long run. It has been getting higher ratings each week! I so hope this damn strike doesn't cause it to lose steam when/if shows come back.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 4:25 am

GAH!! Moonlight was GREAT Last night. There was no preview for next week though. I hope to hell they are not out of episodes!! The writers Srtike continues I am going to sream.
Only two more episodes of Heroes!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 6:57 am

We have some strange problem with our cable right now, and I have to watch it on-line today. I am so glad CBS.com puts Moonlight on their site. Sadly, they do not put the episodes of Ghost Whisperer on it Crying or Very sad I can't wait to see my Mick!! Sometimes when they don't show previews it just means the show won't be on the next week. Perhaps due to holiday specials, or they are going into reruns for the holidays. But, sad but true, most shows will be out of episodes by the holidays. It just completely SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:36 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Aerwin, I just watched Moonlight!! (CBS.com's streaming quality sucks compared to ABC's) anyway - HOW CAN THEY DO THIS TO US??? Leave us hanging with THAT ending???!!! I can't wait a week to find out what happens next - let alone two weeks or *gasp* more! affraid

God, this is an excellent show! Everything about it! FLOVE IT! But, seriously, how are we suppose to wait to see what happens??? I'm dying here people!!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 4:40 am

GAHH!! FC I can find no info when Moonlight is coming back!! I hope it is two weeks.

Did anyone watch Pushing Daisies last week? I swear I am so in love with that show I could marry it. My husband has actually started sitting down to watch it and he never watches tv. Ellen Greene sang again last episode. I am just sad we only have a few left.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 6:23 am

Yes Aerwin! I never miss Pushing Daisies!! I had to watch it on-line (it is one of the shows ABC.com shows in HD - which is fantastic for that show) and it WAS WONDERFUL!! That is truly the most creative show to come on TV in a long time. I hope it wins some awards because it is so deserving! I love everything about it. The cast, the plots, the colors, the narration. It is so much fun! For me it just gets better each week! Kristen is so delightful to watch! I LOVED the ending with the aunts!! There is simply no show on TV like it! Bravo to ABC for taking a chance with something so different and for ordering a full season - which sadly we won't get to see because of this damn strike Crying or Very sad I really am heartbroken about this strike. This season I have fallen in love with 4 fantastic new shows, plus my usual shows have been so good so far. I cannot believe that the season will probably be over by Xmas Evil or Very Mad That will leave 5 months of our shows' season we won't see. How freaking sad is that?!

Next Friday on CBS there will not be Ghost Whisperer or Moonlight due to some special about The Grammies.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 12:47 pm

FC I went to CBS to see what I could dig up about Moonlight and apparently it is not going to be back on for THREE WEEKS!!
Also the show must be in danger so y'all please go sign the petition.

Quote :
***Help Keep MOONLIGHT Alive!!! --REPOST!!***

*HERE'S SOME IMPORTANT INFO FOR MOONLIGHT FANS, PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY & PASS IT ON!

*IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE SHOW YET, FULL EPISODES CAN BE SEEN ONLINE (FOR FREE) AT CBS.COM !

*Remember to watch Moonlight on Fridays, 9/8 Central on CBS!

*Please sign the petition for Moonlight to be renewed for a 2nd year on CBS! (You must sign before January 1st!) CBS will receive it THAT DAY.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/renewmoonlightcbs
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 2:11 pm

Oh NOZ!!! I cannot wait 3 weeks!! affraid Actually, I thought I read where the show was picking up some viewers. God they cannot cancel this show!!! Mad I swear if they do I am not going to start watching new shows until they are certified hits and I know I won't lose them! Every year this happens to me. I fall for just a couple of new shows and then POOF! They are off the air! I will be PISSED if this show gets cancelled!!

BUT, I will not sign that petition. I have heard to be leery of on-line petitions that ask for that much personal info. I am not giving out all that info on-line like that. I have signed on-line petitions before where addresses and phone numbers were not required.

Now, I just read at ONTD that there have been secret negotiations to end the writers strike and that it could all be over very soon! Well, that would be great news - but I don't know if ONTD is all that reliable about this issue. Crossing fingers and toes though!!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:55 pm

The negotiations are not secret. They announced they'd be going back to the bargaining table. Here's hoping that it all gets resolved!

I will never EVER sign an online petition. They don't mean anything because they're not real signatures, etc., and someone can just sign in as 20 different people. Also, if they're asking for personal info, I'd be doubly cautious.

I do hope the show survives. It got a slow start but has been building momentum. Like what we've been talking about. Definitely a cult following.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 3:17 pm

Lord I wish they would settle that srike. My shows are running out soon and I read that negotations are at a stand still again. Crying or Very sad

I signed the petition because I signed one a couple of months ago for Darfur to be presented to Congress. I am also on a freebie / coupon board where I sign up for samples , etc. all the time. I never give out my phone number but I've never been asked so far. If someone wants to find you they can . It is easy. When I get time I will post a bizarro story to that effect in chat.

On a happy note new Pushing Daisies tonight with guest star Molly Shannon. I cannot wait.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 3:45 pm

YAY for Pushing Daisies!! Cannot wait! PD and Moonlight = Best new shows to come on TV in a long time!!

My mom got the TV Guide for next week in the mail today and guess who they have a spread on??? Alex!! They show him getting in his vampire make-up. There is a positively gorgeous pic of him before he gets his make-up on, then pix of the process and then the finished product. That man is just breathtakingly sexy!! Head-to-toe voice and all! Moonlight has GOT to stay on the air!!

Aerwin if you ever want to talk in chat just let me know!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 11:36 pm

HEROES season finale tonight was the first time I ever thought the show was terrible.

Disappointed, profoundly.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 5:19 am

Oh, that is too bad. It looks like this week or the next will be the season finale for a lot of shows. I'm so pissed about this. DH was amazing Sunday night with such a cliffhanger and we probably won't see how it turns out until next September!! Mad Almost a freaking year!!!! Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 6:19 am

I thought Heroes was awesome. It is one of my favorite shows. Who knows when it is coming back. Crying or Very sad I really look forward to Mondays.

Pushing Daises was great last week with Molly shannon ! I love her. I think it is back on next week. Have you seen this show in high def? It is a beautiful sight to behold.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 7:09 am

For me it is a beautiful site to behold even if not HD!! I watched it on-line once and I think it was HD. It was really something. Is it not on this week? Ugly Betty is new this week. Something to look forward to. This strike has sure taken the fun out of this year. At least AI starts up in January, and that dance off show with Bruno and Julie Ann. I don't think there is going to be much else to watch. It has been fun watching the old Leno's from way back Laughing Man he was so young looking when he took over for Carson!!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 12:04 pm

Frazz, thanks for warning me about the Heroes finale (already? Really?). Now I won't be expecting much. That's too bad, because I really loved the last finale.

Pushing Daisies must be AMAZING in hi def!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 12:41 pm

I thought Heroes finale was good with one big exception they took my favorite bf on that show. That I am very sad about. But all in all I still think it was a good season especially after Hiro came back tp present time. I also really like the new character Adam there is tons they can do with him. That is if it ever comes back. I was so hoping they would settle this strike like last week. I DO NOT want to watch a ton of reality tv. WAAHH!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 9:35 pm

Sombody on TWOP started a Heroes thread wherein we are to put our wishes for the next installment of Heroes. Here is mine:

First scene in first episode to be a flashback to Bennet conspiring with Peter, Matt and Nathan to shoot Nathan dramatically but safely. Nathan is not dead and does not need magic blood to save him, and it is all part of the plot to take down the company.

Flashback to Angela snickering as she hangs up the phone with Bob, revealing Bennet in the same room with her. They share a mad passionate kiss. Either that or Donald Sutherland is waiting there to kiss her, and he, as Tripp Darling, is funding the new effort to bring down the company.

Elle and Claire both move out on their own, as roommates, to form their own anti-company kick ass squad.

Nichelle Nichols turns out to have a power to manifest luxury airplanes on cue, gathers up the younger generation and moves them all to NY. Nichelle and Angela team up to raise more money through fabulous fund raisers for post-Katrina, while Micah extracts millions from the rich donors ATMs to fund more anti-company stuff.

Mohinder and Maya team up (ok with me if they fall in love) and take care of Molly, while they find out that Maya never cries anymore, and instead her powers manifest when she sneezes. Which she learns to do on cue. They are the ones to take down Sylar, when they bring him a bouquet of ragweed.

Monica joins up with Mo and Maya to combat a new villain, but he is played by Samuel L. Jackson, so they all fall in love with him and become his acolytes.

Then Angela and Nichelle meet him and fall in love, too.

Then Peter and Nathan, who have been going together to therapy to deal with their incestuous feelings for each other. But Samuel L. Jackson is the shrink, and both Nathan and Peter are hopelessly smitten.

Matt goes bonkers, because nobody laughs at his jokes any more, and Samuel L. Jackson is not his type. So he goes to Japan and digs up David Anders, laying the groundwork to take down Samuel in the next season.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 5:38 am

I don't watch the show or know any of those people, but sounds good to me!!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 6:27 am

Frazz that is hysterical. You know I seriously did wonder if maybe Angela and Bob did have some kind of something going on. But they better better better bring my bf Adrain Pasdar back. I will have to go check out TWOP if they have an active Heroes thread. I LOVE that show.

FC , FC !Alex O Loughlin is in Tv guide again this week with an article. Moonlight must have a decent following since he's been in there two weeks in a row.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 7:21 am

OH! I can't wait to get the new TV Guide!! I am so please that Alex is getting a lot of press!! The man is just incredible! So is the show!

I don't watch Heroes, but if they did kill off Adrian could someone please put him on Moonlight so I can see both of those amazing men together!!! FWIW I would be shocked if they are getting rid of Adrian. People LOVE him!

Marc Cherry was interviewed yesterday and he said 3 people indeed died in the tornado on DH. One husband, one neighbor, and someone else. We won't find out until this GD freaking strike is over Mad The episode has been shot, but he will not air it until the episodes that follow it can be shot. I am so damn frustrated about this strike there are just no words!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:10 pm

Pushing Daisies and Moonlight are both nominated for Peoples Choice Awards!! Way cool! Pushing Daisies is up against Samantha Who?, which I also love. Moonlight is up against Private Practice, which will probably win.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 1:05 pm

The season is over Sad

http://www.variety.com/VR1117977354.html

I am so sad and so pissed Mad Next season is in question now too.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:32 pm

The AMPTP (the organization trying to kill all possibility of earning a living for non-star writers and actors) is who walked out of the talks, not the writers. And the AMPTP keeps putting out press releases that are full of actual lies, not just spins.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:47 am

Well, it is just all a real shame. So many people out of work plus a whole year before we see our shows again, if then. Just a real sad situation. Leno may miss his whole last year with the show and new shows with new hopeful stars losing out now. New shows that were doing great may not come back. Just a real bummer. I didn't even put the TV on all weekend because there was nothing on worth watching. Clay won't get to go on the late night shows to promote his run in Spamalot Crying or Very sad He and Jimmy Kimmel would have great fun with that! I honestly can't believe this has happened. I was sure they wouldn't let the whole season go down the toilet like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV shows - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV shows
Page 10 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next