Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 6:59 pm

I should just call Justin (my youngest) Curly! He has really curly hair!

I would never call you senile Evil or Very Mad I am older than you!! What would that make me?? affraid

Curly just now got in from work and thank GOD the freezing rain held off today. They still say we could get some tonight, but now everyone is home safe and sound! I do need it to be nice for my dad tomorrow though. No way I am taking him to doc in dangerous weather No

I am ALL DONE with my cards and letters!! I sent you a graduation pic of Eric. I hope you like it! Now you will have something that is very special to me in your home/wallet or somewhere!

I hope to finish all Xmas shopping by Weds. and get on wrapping!

I was bidding on a radio for my hubby on evilbay tonight and lost at the last minute to someone who didn't bid at all until the end Mad That's OK, it got up to $200 which is over the limit. I was only going to go to $165. Hubby likes to collect old ham radios. His home office is full of radios. This is not the first time I have lost one at the least minute. The joys of evilbay!

I have to get back to Clay Concert Chat at The CH. Con was discussed tonight! I'll tell you about that later!

BTW, I have colored my hair for years!! If not I would have lovely silver highlights!! Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 7:42 pm

Back!

It was funny, in Chat there was discussion of whether to try to sneak vids of Clay's Broadway performances in Spamalot. I of course was praying for vids since obviously I will not get to see him. Clay said in M&G tonight that he does not think that the fans should take vids of him on Broadway. It is frowned upon to do that on Broadway. Then someone mentioned that Con fans took vids of him on Broadway, and one lady said "Both his fans took vids?" Both - cracked me up. Dolce is a huge Clay fan and I swear she has been to about 5 of Clay's concerts in the last week. How does she do it??!! They are going to talk to her about how the fans handled the Con on Broadway thing. CC has been to a lot of concerts too. She is such a sweetie! She is so different in her Clay fandom than I remember her in her Betty fandom.

So guess what? A couple hours ago hubby says to me "I thought you were going to sell that ring to get some dolls?" I really think he wants me to sell the ring Laughing He told me to go get it appraised. With all that has happened with my dad I really just haven't thought to try to sell it lately. Having him bring it up has me thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 8:27 pm

Man, I love your husband!!!! He is so great! He wants that ring to be gone and you to have the doll of your dreams for Xmas! I love you

Quote :
Curly just now got in from work and thank GOD the freezing rain held off today. They still say we could get some tonight, but now everyone is home safe and sound! I do need it to be nice for my dad tomorrow though. No way I am taking him to doc in dangerous weather
Laughing Laughing Laughing
You are cracking me up tonight my laydee! Now with a photo of Eric in my wallet, when I have a senior moment I will have to run and go get the photo and you will never know it! Wink You have such a great sense of humor! Sounds like some of the Clay fans do too!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 9:16 pm

Oh thanks! You have an amazing sense of humor too!!

Yes, Justin=16 curly head and Eric=18 with Wavy Blonde Hair!

Justin= Very neat (you should see how organized his closet is) and very interested in history and science and politics and religion. Very funny!

Eric= Messy room ALL THE TIME Razz and interested in music, social services, philosophy and psychology. Much more serious. Wants to save the world sort of guy.

Sometimes they are night and day. But they are close and get along really well. When Justin got his job at Jewel they give you a $1000 life insurance for free. Justin named Eric beneficiary so that if he died Eric could get more instruments. I thought that was the sweetest thing! I will have to get a good pic of Justin and send you one of him too.

Yes, it is really cool that Rob is thinking about me selling the ring for dolls. Sadly, no way I could have it appraised and sold and a doll ordered in time for Xmas. I sure do wish I could have though to get the free bunny. That's OK. It will happen at the right time. The right doll. I will know when I see him or her that it is right.

Now I need to get ready for bed. This mama bear didn't get much sleep last night worrying about her cubs. I is tired Sleep
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:26 am

By George I think I've got it now...Curly (Justin) and Wavy (Eric)!!!!! Laughing

You must see the gorgeous outfit a gal made me for Hid (the unnamed one!) There are so many really talented artisans at DOA...I really am impressed! Now iI really must decide on a name too! BTW: the shirt is just her test version...

Dolls - Page 18 Luckyleurofront

Dolls - Page 18 Luckylshirtfront

I managed to get Pru's head open last night without an major catastrophe's! Very Happy She needs some new eyes too. Some of the cheaper acrylic eyes jsut don't photograph well, and she must get as much or almost as much attention as her boyfriend will!

Grumble...off to work again.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 9:05 am

I gotta run too - off to get dad to doc. The outfit looks amazing!!! The shirt is gorgeous!! No name boy is going to be freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Later~

BTW, very cool on open head surgery!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:31 pm

What a day again!

Turns out the tissue samples revealed that my dad has an infection in the stump and not the one the doc thought it might be. So he tells my dad to stop the antibiotics he started last week and that he would phone in a new prescription to Osco. We made an appointment for the 27th and if the doc didn't like the way things were going he would put my dad in the hospital and perform a little surgery. Not an amputation, but scrape out all the infection and see what happens after that. Either way, the doc said that the right prosthetic is now months away.

So, we leave and we go to the bank so my dad can transfer funds from savings to checking so he can pay off some of the medical bills. I take him home and mom and I go to Jewel/Osco so she can stock up on groceries and I go to the druggist to pick up my dads new antibiotics. Well, Ken (who we have gotten to know quite well) comes over to me and says they don't have the pills. They do not keep them there because they are over $2,000.00 Shocked Can you believe that???? Over $2,000.00 for a two week supply. My folks do not have prescription insurance and medicare doesn't pay for this drug unless you get it intravenously at the hospital. So we leave without it. I have to break it to my dad that we may have to put him in the hospital to get the meds. He becomes so sad. Says "Why don't I ever get a break?" So I go home and wait to see what the doc tells my dad, as we called and left a message at his office. I of course prepare myself to have to go back and take him to the hospital. I tell mom we have to do it tonight since this ice storm is suppose to start tonight into tomorrow and we have been warned it will be really bad if it hits. O'Hare has already rerouted flights and Rob's cousin who is a manager there was told to pack a bag for 3 days worth to prepare for the mess!

Well, guess what. I get a call from my mom that the doc called back, says he had no idea the meds were that expensive and called a different prescription into Osco for $12 and Ken was going to delivery to my folks tonight so I didn't have to go back out there and get it. Doc says this new sulphur med will work the same. Can you imagine that something for $12 works as good and that some docs are ordering $2000 meds for patients with no idea it cost that much?

So, I am happy he didn't have to go into the hospital and that he got his meds, but I will be honest with you. I don't expect that things are going to work out. I bet my life when he goes back on the 27th that he will be told he needs to get the scraping. That is just the way things have been going for 7 months now. I hate being pessimistic, it is not in my nature, but when it comes to my dad and these diabetic ulcers it just never works out.

So guess what else? When Eric had the spin out with the minivan the other night he also hit a curb hard. Well today when Rob drove the van to work it was shimmying so now the van that we just paid $800 to get fixed needs to go back in the shop. I told my hubby Eric just should not have gone into work No Rob is so bummed tonight about the way we have been hit with expenses lately. I don't think this would be a good time to sell my ring. I would probably feel guilty using the money for dolls when we just had to put so much money into the vans. I think I will wait until the pain of these car repairs stops stinging!!

I've been watching reports of this ice storm that is "heading our way!" per the weather man here in Chicago viewing area. He said it will effect both the morning and afternoon commute. I wonder if school will be closed? I will have to get up earlier and check. I may end up with extra daycare kids for an "Ice day"!! Good thing I got lots of pizzas in the freezer and stuff to make cookies and muffins! That will be fun!

So how was your day?? Good I hope!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 9:23 pm

Wow, I just checked the school site and they have already cancelled school for tomorrow. They usually wait and make the decision at 4:30 AM. The storm that hit Oklahoma and Missouri is heading our way. I am really nervous as Oklahoma has areas that will not have power for a week Shocked If that happened to us we would be one flooded mess. God there is just too much stress in my life right now affraid
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 10:27 pm

So sorry the stress is getting so overwhelming my laydee...you are only human and you do have a very full plate.

I do find it rather interesting the doctor did'nt know that the med he prescribed cost 2,000.00, I'm sure he won't readily forget for the next patient. Many patients who need really potent/expensive antibiotics in our area come in as outpatients for their IV antibiotic infusions. They lie down and watch TV while they get their doses. It would'nt be convenient for you all at all though because then you would have to get your poor Dad in and out of the car daily or several times per week for it. If this antibiotic does'nt work, they will have to hospitalize him for sure. For IV antibiotics and probably like you said, for the scraping procedure. Can't they put the wound vac on him again or something? Did they do that on him before? I can't remember.

Our weather here sure is cold, but no rain or snow. That makes it so much easier and safer to get around.

Sounds like you may have a busy day tomorrow with daycare business because of the weather...at least that is extra money for the van expenses. This is a hard time of year when unexpected stuff comes up. I am hoping we have had our run of accidents and broken appliances for a while.

Try to relax and get a good nights sleep, God knows you deserve it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 5:29 am

He never got the vac treatment before. They were talking about doing it with this one, but they can't until the infection is out. These are strong meds but if they don't work scraping is next. Then maybe they will start the vac. I wondered if they were going to suggest the outpatient thing with my dad and that would not have been a good thing No

I hope it means more money! I just wonder if parents will go to there jobs or decide to stay home. Rob doesn't know for sure yet. He hopes to just work out of the home office, but you never know if something comes up and he needs to go to a customer site.

I just read that it is suppose to start after 9:00 AM, so maybe parents will go to their jobs and hope they can get home. I was suppose to watch 2 little girls while their moms went Xmas shopping. My guess is they will cancel. Also I was suppose to watch a little girl while her mom helped out the teacher at school today, and obviously that won't happen. So at this point I don't know who all will be here. It would be nice to make extra though!

Yeah, it is sure a bad time to have all these car repair expenses along with college expenses.

Well, I am going to get some breakfast and see who all calls!!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 6:18 am

FC I am still thinking of your Dad. I know it is a lot of stress on you and my heart goes out to you.
OMG those shoes your doll has on with the skulls my son has the exact same.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:21 am

Thanks Aerwin! I appreciate it I love you

Those are super cute shoes aren't they? I actually saw a pair at Wal-Mart that fit me and I was so tempted to get them to wear on Halloween. I have an older pair with skulls, bones and pumpkins so I just wore those.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:46 am

Damn, it was as I feared. Everyone is staying home and no kids are coming. Rob had to go though. The boys are still sleeping. I am kinda bummed. We could have used the money plus I thought it would be fun. I got out the Santa and Snowman muffin pans to make blueberry and choc chip muffins. Oh well. I guess I will get out wrapping paper, bows etc and start some wrapping while I wait for the ice show!

(I have this feeling we won't even get it after all this hype about how the city and schools and airports are all prepared. Tons of schools closed and so far it is dry as a bone out there!)

Luca, help me! Since I was sitting and waiting for calls to see who was coming I was killing time looking at Barbie clothes for Anisa. I found this suit and I just want to get it for her sooooo baaaaaaaaaaad!! But I know I shouldn't!!

Tell me it is ugly and will not look great on her or go with her gorgeous blue eyes!!!!!!!!!!!

Dolls - Page 18 Suit
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 11:19 am

Yes master, it is fugly and will not look good on Anisa.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Your wish is my command! I am completely out of control with my doll spending now-so don't look to me as any role model for restraint! I just spent 50.00 on two pairs of soft glass eyes for Pru and the nameless one! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I am really bad about once I get something in my mind that my dolls need-I usually cannot stop myself. affraid
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 11:26 am

Ha! That is me! I can so picture her in this suit! I have bought from the seller before and her things are always perfect and beautiful and arrive pretty fast. I so want hats for Anisa. I typed in Barbie hats and this suit came up and I just fell in love with it. The hat would be so perfect on Anisa since she has such beautiful eyes.

So cool about you getting the glass eyes!! What colors did you get? Can't wait to see Pru with her new eyes!!! Of course I think she already has gorgeous eyes!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:04 pm

That outfit rocks...you don't I cannot lie my laydee! Twisted Evil

The eyes are soft, silicone, but they call them "glass". I got the ones I showed you before (the grey ones) for the nameless one, and I got these really cool multicolor ones for Pru:

Dolls - Page 18 Mephisto2
I can't wait to get them on her!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:17 pm

EEEEK!!!! Those multi color eyes are GORGEOUS!! Oh, Pru will look breathtaking in those!! I loved those gray ones she posted before for your guy! How cool that you know how to swap out their eyes! Maybe when I get my BJDs I will get up the nerve to do that! I remember when I was afraid to de-wig and re-wig my dolls. Now I am a re-wigging fool!

Yes, I am fighting the temptation to get that outfit Embarassed

My new prescription sunglasses were just delivered!! I got them in black with gray lenses. They have little sparkly black and white rhinestones on the side. You should see how they sparkle in the lights! I am thrilled with my on-line eyeglass purchases!! I will never get glasses any other way!

Here they are! (only mine our black instead of purple) They are Guess.
Dolls - Page 18 Sunglasses2
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 2:50 pm

Eeek! I freakin' love your sunglasses! So cute! I bet you will look so stylish and pretty in them!

Glad you approve of Pru's new eyes! I think it should be pretty easy now that I figured out how to open the head! I hope I get them by the weekend so I can change them out then.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 3:18 pm

Thanks! They are just really fun! That is what I love about sunglasses. They can just be fun! They can tint your prescription lenses up to 80%, so they are quite dark which I really need. Rob, Eric and I all have eyes that are sensitive to light, so when it is really sunny AND snow on the ground, it can be killer without our shades. Now I have prescription sunglasses in tortoise shell, oval wire frame, and now black. Those frames were only $51 on line.

I hope your eyes come this weekend too! Did you get that black and purple outfit for Pru yet? Seems like forever since I've seen new photos of her Sad

Well, back to wrapping presents. Do you know that is my least fave thing to do for the holidays? I don't know why. I do prefer to put things in the pretty little bags with tissue paper and ribbons. The actual cut, wrap and tape is boring Mad
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 4:14 pm

I also hate wrapping presents with a passion too! I would tek doing cards over that any day! I sweet talk my husband into doing it whenever I can!

I won't get any of my Dollzone order (pet, hid, clothes etc) until near Christmas. All that stuff will come together. Shocked Counting the days for sure...
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 6:35 pm

Hubby used to do most of wrapping when the boys were little and we had lots of things to wrap for them. It was easy for him to lock himself in his home office and say he was working and he would wrap all their stuff while I was busy with the boys. Now there isn't as much to wrap and with a lot of the wrapping being for the daycare kids and moms it is better for me to do it so that Jimmy doesn't end up with a Barbie and Katie doesn't end up with Spiderman Razz

I didn't know they were holding your whole order to send at one time. Makes sense though. Probably better for shipping. Only 2 weeks to Xmas so you know he will be home to you SOON!!! Way too exciting!!

Back to Clay Concert Chat!!

Later~
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 11:51 pm

Well, got the word that my doll will not be here by Christmas. Sad

It will be after the first of the year... so probably like the first week of January. I am disappointed, but not shocked. There were no guarantees when the order was placed. I was just hopeful, and they did give me the impression there was a fairly good chance it would make it.

I just wish I had not been rushing to get an outfit for him, the eyes, yada, yada, yada. At least I know now vs. the doll just not showing up.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 5:50 am

Oh Luca, I am so sorry Sad {{{{Luca}}}} That is disappointing. I know how hard it is when you get all excited about something and then it gets delayed. He sure would have made a nice Xmas present. Seems like such a long time to get your order. I think I would go crazy!! geek Does it always take that long when you order a BJD? Sure makes my waits for dolls from Singapore seem short!

Hope you have a good day, even though you are probably feeling a little blue.

I am going to finish wrapping what little I have left to wrap and then start making the bracelets for my mom and the daycare girls.

Oops! Justin just missed the bus! Gotta go!

ETA: Well Rob is taking him and I don't have to. The kid got used to getting a ride from his best friend, but Nick is grounded and can't drive to school. It is an interesting story about what happened to some of his friends. I think I will post about it "in the news" (since it made the local papers) and see what the ladies here think about it all.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:16 am

Aww man Luca ! Sorry. I wonder if the gift I ordered for my son will be here. I hate wrapping gifts too. My husband actually wraps better then me. FC Your sunglasses are kinda like my glasses. I love them . I wear contacts most of the time. The acuvues are comfy.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:53 am

Thanks Aerwin! Cool we have similar sunglasses! I am wearing my contacts less and less as I get older. I still wear them when we go out, but around the house or going to stores etc. glasses or my prescription sunglasses Cool

(all of a sudden that song "I Wear My Sunglasses At Night" is going through my head) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: