Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 11:59 am

Well, I am glad you are keeping Ali and Gaby (they are so beautiful) and Bill and Tom (they are so special). I still can't help but feel a little sad that the others are leaving "our family" Crying or Very sad I hope it all works out just the way you want it to!

Can't wait to see Pru in her new wigs (sounds awesome) and eyes! I think once you get the new eyes in you will like the wig better.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:10 pm

Wow! Check out these Elf girls! They rock! I can't see shelling out 300.00 for them without the outfit, but does give me some ideas! Some Barbarella type gals! Wink

I know what you mean about it being a little sad if Willow and caprice go...I just crave more variety and options with my collection. I enjoy the subtle differences that Pullips have, but am definitely wanting more.

Dolls - Page 20 20071016072953cont2
Dolls - Page 20 20071016072953cont5

Dolls - Page 20 20071016073331cont2

Dolls - Page 20 20071016073331cont3
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:13 pm

They are very cool!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:26 pm

That is quite a wild costume isn't it? Yes, I think if I sell my other girls I will buy a Bobobie head and have it customized to look something like the second girl.

If it works out, I will need to find another body for her because I found out today that the Bobobie sprite bodies are floppy and have cheaper quality stringing, so I will get another body to go with the head. I'm glad I found that out now vs. after I got it. It would still come up to 170.00 with a custom face-up, and that is too much money to invest to get a floppy body. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 6:53 am

Good to know ahead of time about those problems. Sometimes it seems like the BJDs are just so confusing and overwhelming about what to get and what to order. Makes the J-Dolls more appealing for me. Right now my head would explode trying to figure out what to get.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:10 am

I think this is only an issue with a cheaper BJD. My AOD girl has had no issues and I love her body and poseability-she was'nt expensive-but costs more than the Bobobies...but, I still may get the Bobobie body anyway, since the body is the most expensive item to buy separately and hot glue the waist if the issue bothers me. They call it "Sueding"-why I don't know. Most of the owners seem very happy with their Sprites, and when you compare the body to 800.00 dolls, I'm sure there is a difference!

I remember feeling overwhelmed when I switched out Elektra's body to a Volks and had to hone the neck down to get the head to go back on...that was way too much for me at the time! BJD's heads and eyes are way easier to take on and off compared to Pullips, I think that is why I am gravitating more towards them because it is so cool how easily you can change things about them.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:48 am

Pancetta's Christmas... Laughing santa

Dolls - Page 20 2130512095_4df5a2f97d
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 12:01 pm

THAT is so freaking adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 2:57 pm

It is a piggy festival here today...just could not resist this one either! Smile
Dolls - Page 20 2127971065_00a3461651

Dolls - Page 20 2059682370_2f20d25642
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 4:16 pm

EEK! The piggies are insanely cute!! That is a gorgeous boy too!

Luca, that J-Doll auction ends at 10:30 PM my time and I am soooooooo thinking about getting her Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 5:48 pm

Are there any bids on her yet?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 7:12 pm

No bids. I probably won't do it. I know I shouldn't, just you know me when I can get a doll for $50 to $60 I like to pounce on them Laughing She is really pretty and I do love the J-Dolls.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 8:42 pm

Well, there were two bidders at the end, but I decided to let this one go. If I decide I want her down the road, Scot is selling her new with her stock for $70 - only $18 more with shipping and her stock is really cool and worth the difference.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 9:52 pm

Sounds like a good decision... I saw they are available elsewhere!

ETA: I think I may have just sold Willow to a gal in Austrailia...*gulp* Shocked
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:41 am

That's exciting! I can feel your Sprite getting closer!!

(bye,bye beautiful Willow Crying or Very sad Enjoy Australia!)
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:43 am

Well, I thought I would have finalized the deal last night, but have not heard back from the gal. Could mean she got cold feet. Dayum for 65.00 I was giving her the stand, the dress in the photo, and the original box, plus the styled stock wig, and I think the exchange rate is excellent for her meaning she is getting the doll for even less! Rolling Eyes

Oh, well, not a biggie. This way I can focus on Christmas and not about running to the post office to mail the doll today!

Merry Christmas to everyone! It is a beautiful sunny day here, and snowed quite a bit the last two days so we have a winter wonderland landscape! santa
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:56 am

Maybe it was just the time difference or she is real busy with the holiday season. Don't give up on her yet!

We had snow a few days this week and some blowing snow yesterday, so we have a white Xmas too!

The lake behind our house is frozen solid and people have been skating on it this morning. There is even a hockey game going on right now that I can watch from the big kitchen window. It's like a Norman Rockwell painting outside!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:07 pm

That sounds awesome you can watch the skaters from your window! Our snow is actually scattered, we did'nt actually get quite enough to cover everything. There is dirt showing in some places, and after today's warm feeling temp, it will melt some more.

Hope you have a good time at your family celebration tonight. I know it won't be the same, but you should go anyway. It is good to step away from your Dad's situation periodically to try keep your sanity through this.

Christmas Hugs to you! santa
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:33 pm

Christmas hugs to you too!Dolls - Page 20 2

I wasn't going to go today, but my mom said she and my dad wanted me to go and be with everybody. I talked to mom on the phone. Dad wanted to talk to me but couldn't hold the phone. She said he said "I love you, Rob and the boys" So I am going to the party with a heavy heart. Mom will call there if she needs me and Rob will take me there, but it is about an hour away. I'll call mom again before we leave at 3:30 PM just to see how it is going. She won't be alone as her fave hospice nurse is there with them today and mom is making them a little Xmas dinner. We will spend tomorrow there. Crossing fingers that all works out well today and tomorrow. Justin and Rob left for Kohls as Justin decided he wants something new to wear today. Couldn't think of that yesterday could he Razz Eric - I am still trying to drag his butt out of bed Rolling Eyes

Have a wonderful day!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 2:05 pm

Hey Luca, did you read my post in Chit Chat about our cool gift from BIL? Do you have one of those?

Well, my new guys have joined the group in my office! Mac looks a little out of place in his rock star geer while everyone else is dressed nice for Xmas Razz

We are about to get ready to go see my folks and take the digital photo frame with along with some pizza, ham, swedish meatballs, cookies, brownies and candy! Sounds like a feast doesn't it Laughing

Hope you are having an awesome day!

Oh, I just ordered a pressure cooker from Kohls with one of my gift cards. I've always wanted one and they have the Presto 6 qt. on sale for $60 and only 99cent shipping! I've wanted one for several years and it seemed it a good deal. Do you have one? I can't wait to get it and use it!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 2:26 pm

Merry Christmas my laydee! Congratulations on the photoframe deal, I'm so out of the tech equipment loop, I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it sounds cool!

So all your boys are out and about now eh? I think I am going to rewig and redress my boys today and see what they are like in a non-Tokio hotel mode for a while...should be interesting!

No, I don't have a pressure cooker. Can't say we would use it that much for just the two of us, but I do know lots of people like them and use them often! We are'nt big meat eaters, so the only reason I would want it is for canning...can you can with them?

I am getting ready to go take the dog for a walk...she needs a little Christmas cheer I think...and I am starting to get cabin fever from staying in for the 4th day in a row...at least I am done cooking. We will have leftovers today. I had planned to make butternut squash ravioli, but between the pork roast with fig sauce last night, the biscotti and chili soup the day before, we have so much food as it is. Why dirty the kitchen again? Wink

Hope you have a special day today with your Dad!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 3:08 pm

The digital photo frame is something you can load hundreds of your pix from your digital camera into and it plays a continuous slide show of all your photos! It looks like a really nice wooden photo frame. You plug it in, turn it on and all your pix are displayed one at a time and it is really neat the way it morphs into the next pic. It has a remote. You can even download videos and MP3s to play. It is just awesome. The one he got us is $180 so it is something we would never have thought to get for ourselves. I have so many wonderful pix of my dad in it and all I have to do is turn it on to see my dad anytime I want.

I don't know if pressure cookers are for canning, since I have never canned, but it comes with a recipe book and I will let you know. I can understand with just the two of you you may not need one. Feeding two teenage meat loving boys and a hubby who could live on just meat, it is going to be wonderful. At least I hope so! My friend Lisa got one for her birthday recently and she loves it. Like me she loves to get cooking and baking gadgets.

Sounds like you have cooked some incredible meals lately! Wish I could stop by and check it all out!

Hope you and doggie have a nice walk.

I am not expecting much from my visit with dad. Mom called to say he wants to be left alone and won't eat. I am hoping the boys can cheer him up Crying or Very sad I think he is getting ready to let go. I read in the hospice book that this is what they do about 2 or 3 days before they die. It's a way of readying themselves to leave this world. At least that is the hospice theory.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 6:43 pm

I changed out my boys today in honor of your new guys coming out...
Julian has returned!!!! cheers and Aleister has taken the place of Bill!
I must say, I love the versatility of the boys. They take on such different personas with just a wig and outfit change. I think even more so than the girls for some reason. I always thought the Taeyang face had similarities to BJD's, they just have that "look" sometimes when you get the right shot.

Dolls - Page 20 2136973438_6edbcbfdc0
Dolls - Page 20 2136199463_24b37e6306
Dolls - Page 20 2136986118_87a3926558
Dolls - Page 20 2136964448_2d56372ff4_o
Dolls - Page 20 2136190353_781c73e241
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 8:31 pm

Oh, they look great!! It is sooooo good to see Julian again! He is so beautiful!

When my life gets a little less crazy I will take some photos of my guys out mingling with the rest of the gang. I will not be home much of tomorrow. I am taking Justin to buy a new coat and some new shirts with his Xmas wad, and open a checking account at the bank. Then I'm picking my mom up to take her grocery shopping. I also want to look for some marked down Xmas cards, wrapping and stuff.

Of course all this depends on how things go with my dad. Today was just not a good day for him at all Crying or Very sad He did manage to sit up long enough to look at all the pix in the digital photo frame and he really enjoyed that. Then he asks to be left alone and we all went upstairs and talked to my mom and 2 of the hospice nurses. We had some pizza and cookies and talked about a lot of stuff. My dad wouldn't eat anything today and had a hard time even taking his pills. I just don't think he is going to be able to hang in there too much longer No He is so very weak. 3 more hours and he will have made it past Xmas and that is more than I expected after what the heart docs said. So it is just day by day.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 8:47 pm

Sounds like your Dad is nearing the end of his journey...I am so glad for you that he made it one more Christmas for you.
Sad

Yes, you will have to take some shots of all your new guys when things settle down for you...I can't wait to see them again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: