Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+8
mishmash
abrahammy
Badger
Sky
Luca
austin
frazzle
firecracker
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 9:20 pm

Aw, Stewart and Adam! I remember them! I haven't watch soaps for the last 8 years, but I used to watch All My Children. I did watch B&B to check out Con though.

Sorry Lau, this can be a tough thread for a Con fan. To me that pic up above is creepy. The whole thing with the leer and pouty lips, the pimp hat and being all over a 17 year old. Just icky. But that is just the way some of us see it. I am sure he looks very handsome in it to his fans. All in the eye of the beholder.

I am happy that you can hang with us and be OK with our lack of appreciation for Con.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:32 am

A few months ago, All My Children was having big rating problems. I don't know if that is still true now, but they are doing lots of stuff including resurrecting people who were dead like Jessie so the Jessie/Angie love affair can come back on. I've been hooked on this soap for over 20 years!

But you made a good analogy, Badger, about Stuart and Adam; I guess the developmentally disabled was the way we viewed learning disabilities back in that day and they did do and continue to use that story line.

Quote :
I am happy that you can hang with us and be OK with our lack of appreciation for Con.

Aw, Firecracker, that was nice of you to say. Everyone has their thoughts on him, I've seen that over the past 3 years. I don't recall ever seeing Con put up a picture on his Facebook that had someone else in it. And to make it his profile pic is puzzling to me. Who knows what's on that guy's mind at times.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:22 am

Lau, I did warn ya I'm brutal when it comes to Con. I've just heard too many factual accounts about him to take him seriously or think that he's redeemable in any way.

Going to his own message board and insulting his fans is unforgiveable. These people love and support him and he never thanks them or treat them respectfully and then they make all kinds of excuses for his behavior. It blows my mind.

Then I see him in a picture like that and if I asked any woman, even one who was never a fan and didn't know him, if that picture was creepy, especially knowing that she's 17, they'd agree it was pretty creepy.

I know it seems like I have an axe to grind, but whenever I soften on him a little, I hear another story about him treating his fans horribly.

I know there are stars who exhibit bad behavior. For me, attacking his fans personally is beyond bad behavior. He is someone who does not deserve anything good coming to him.

I also realize he has occassions where he is pleasant and may not have been on drugs. Maybe when he has public appearances, he at least tries to have some sembance of being nice, but the behavior he exhibits on a regular basis is what I'm talking about.

FC is right. This is a difficult thread for a fan. I am a former fan. He only has himself to blame for the way I feel about him now.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Grin. Yes, this is a stern thread for a Con Fan. However, this is also an awesome board for a realistic grownup with some awfully fabulous people and the tradeoff is very much worth it.

I am very much aware of Constantine's personal flaws; I'm just inclined to decide I want to enjoy my recording of Fading Into You, remember my trip to Brel with immense fondness, and let his personal problems be his problems.

If it is really this bad, it is he who will ultimately be the worst hurt by them. I was reminded of this when I heard that he is no longer working with Jim Boggia. That really made me feel very sad, but I'm sure Jim had a good reason.

I know that it is possible to come out of a fan conflict with Constantine in a way that is peaceable and polite, and I'm glad I have no personal bitterness to tinge the memories that I actually really enjoyed. Life is just too short.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:17 pm

No problem with what you said, Green Eyez. I understand your point of view.

Quote :
I was reminded of this when I heard that he is no longer working with Jim Boggia. That really made me feel very sad, but I'm sure Jim had a good reason.

Um, Abrahammy, maybe you heard something I didn't hear. I didn't think they would not be working together ever again. I thought it was because of Jim's trip to the UK for the Abbey Road show. Also, my own conjecture is that Jim was finishing a new CD and maybe he wanted some time when he came back to do things for it? Only a guess. But it sounds like you know more about this than I do.

I knew what might happen if I commented in this thread. I'm open for other viewpoints. It's not like this is the first time I've run into it. Smile
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:45 pm

Lau, on this, I promise you that you almost certainly know far more than I do. Basically, what I know is what I read in that conversation Con had with the board the other day. Somebody said "Abbey Road is Jim's dream. He'll be back" and Con replied "You clearly don't get it."

I took that to mean that while the fans were assuming Jim's absence was temporary, Constantine felt the fans did not understand what had happened; logically, if the fans say Jim is coming back and Con says they don't get it, the conclusion is that Con knows Jim is not coming back. In this case, it is a comment from Con that brought me to that conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:59 pm

Lau, it appears that like Abrahammy, you know what being a fan of his entails and understand that an attack on him is not an attack on you, and that you both don't try to excuse his behavior. It's nice to be able to have a differing viewpoint without it turning into something horribly personal.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:33 pm

Quote :
. . . Somebody said "Abbey Road is Jim's dream. He'll be back" and Con replied "You clearly don't get it."

I took that to mean that while the fans were assuming Jim's absence was temporary, Constantine felt the fans did not understand what had happened; logically, if the fans say Jim is coming back and Con says they don't get it, the conclusion is that Con knows Jim is not coming back. In this case, it is a comment from Con that brought me to that conclusion.

Well now, I hadn't looked at it this way. That's very interesting.

Honestly, those visits to GS are very hard to decipher. I try to take things as they are said at face value. So I thought the "You clearly don't get it" meant that there was more to the story than was being told. And I think there is, such as schedule problems and other commitments. I'd rather not hear pieces of a story. If the whole thing cannot be told, I'd prefer nothing be said.

I was there at the very beginning of that chat and the very end. I read the transcripts of the in between parts. I think the entire time Con has come onto the boards, I have sent 5 posts. The whole process reminds me of a feeding frenzy, kind of like when you go to Sea World and they throw food in for the fish. Everybody is throwing so much out so fast to the one guy, that I cannot keep up. I don't know how he does either.

Quote :
an attack on him is not an attack on you, and that you both don't try to excuse his behavior.

Yes, that's it in a nutshell! However if I think a piece of info might be interesting or useful to the conversation, I'll type it in, otherwise, you just might not hear anything from me on the topic!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:21 pm

Quote :
If the whole thing cannot be told, I'd prefer nothing be said.

Lot of wisdom in that comment. I would be quite happy to find out my conclusion about Boggia was wrong; I have really enjoyed all three of the performances I attended with those two working together, and I finally got to meet Boggia this last time.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:25 pm

Abrahammy, looks like Constantine is continuing his Dallas visits:

Dallas Symphony Orchestra 2008 - 2009 Season Announcement

Quote :
. . . The Pops Series opens the season with music and laughs August 29-30, 2008, as Emmy Award-winning superstar Wayne Brady takes the Meyerson stage for a night of song, humor and a Sammy Davis, Jr. tribute as this Emmy Award-winning superstar performs with the full Dallas Symphony Orchestra. Other Pops season highlights include superstars Wayne Newton, Smokey Robinson and Michael McDonald; the favorite Valentine's and Christmas Pops concerts; The Magical Music of Walt Disney with the DSO performing music from Disney's most beloved movies, including big screen projections with original artwork; the renowned big band orchestra, the Glenn Miller Orchestra, with soloist Debby Boone performing in the style of Rosemary Clooney; and Idols in Concert featuring American Idol finalists Diana DeGarmo, Constantine Maroulis and Kimberly Caldwell live with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.

From what I've found out, it will be in 2009 - March 20, 21.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:40 pm

Ironically enough, Debby Boone's husband is one of Rosemary Clooney's sons.

Wow, Kimberly Caldwell and Connie on the same stage? Given their camera hog tendencies, that oughta be an interesting combination.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:46 pm

So Debby Boone is related to George Clooney!! I bet he lights up her life!! Razz I couldn't resist Embarassed

KimberME and Connie! That should be fun Rolling Eyes March '09??? It's booked that far in advance?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:48 pm

Kimberme and Conniepout are a perfect couple, actually.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:25 pm

Frazz, I couldn't have put it better. I'm sure they can trade nightmare haircut stories.

I wonder if Conniepout will be doing RAWKHANDS at the symphony crowd. It seems to be something he can't control.

2009. I wonder if he'll be totally bald by then!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:01 pm

I think he will retain comb-over hair well into his 40s.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:07 pm

frazzle wrote:
I think he will retain comb-over hair well into his 40s.

Awesome! Maybe he and Donald Trump can do a show together. They can try to out-comb-over and out-pout each other.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 pm

Kimberly Caldwell and Constantine? Oh, this is going to be far too much fun to miss, just for the amusement factor. Although I think he sings better than she does. :-) However, she clearly has more hair.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 12:19 am

Do we know anything about the demographics of Athan's bride to be? I would so love it if she was at least as old as he is, and flaming hot and independent.

I have to say, though, that the one woman I saw Athan actually flirt with was very young, professionally cute blonde. Kinda like Conpout's 17 year old.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:18 am

Most everyone sings better than KimberME!

I know nothing about Athan's bride to be. Wish I did. I'd love to see a pic of them together. Conpout told the GSers it was none of their business, so I have no idea if they know anything about her. My guess is she is younger and beautiful. I wonder if she is Greek?
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 7:45 am

Quote :
March '09??? It's booked that far in advance?

The press release was for the entire 2008 - 2009 season. The show that C will be in is towards the middle. I think their season starts in Aug. 2008.

Can I just ask this? If you're going to say something about the pout, can you use Conniepout instead of Conpout? I think the first one is cuter. bom

This is big stuff for us Confans who like his voice. So here's something I'll tell you that you can laugh at now: I'm already trying to buy tickets for these shows! Only the season subscriptions are available right now; I will wait until the single tickets are up for sale.

Yup, I will be flying to Dallas for this one. Over one year away is a long time, and you never know what will happen before that. But as of now, it's a go. How's that for being a crazy fan? lol!

I've been to Dallas a few times on business trips. Maybe I'll have luck and be able to connect this and some business.

About Kim Caldwell - I haven't heard her sing in a very long time. She had some good moments on season 2 of Idol. I think her TV Guide show has made her come across as very superficial, and I suspect there might be more than is coming across.

I have no problem with her or Diana DiGarmo being in this lineup. I'm curious though as to how this grouping was put together.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 7:55 am

You expect a Claymate to think flying to Dallas and getting tix a year in advance is something to laugh at??? Shocked You sound like a perfectly normal fan to me! Very Happy

Yes, I guess KimberME had some OK moments. I actually was OK with her when she was on AI. But between the tour and her TV Guide gig, well seems rather obnoxious to me now. I liked Julia sooo much more.

I think Diana is very good! She is who I voted for season 3 once JHud was gone. I think you will enjoy her!

Conniepout it is! Even though I just told Spell Check to add Conpout to my dictionary! What's one more word to confuse Spell Check?! Wink
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:36 am

Well, I don't have as strong a reaction to Kimberly. As a matter of fact, many moons ago when AI had just ended, Kimberly was performing at a local mall. My mom happened to be there. She's in a wheelchair. My mom's friend went and told her about my mom and she came off the stage and went to talk to my mom who says she was really sweet.

Still, I had a good experience with His Ugliness and that turned out to be a total sham, so it's really hard to base anything on one experience.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 9:17 pm

Some very happy Bo news. He and his wife Caroline are expecting their second child later this year.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 9:23 pm

cheers Good for them!! Another little Bice running around!!

Wish them all the best!

How old is their little boy now Badger? Two right?
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 11:31 pm

Yes, Aidan was two in September. He's a real little cutie pie too.

I'm sure if the baby's a boy they'll name it Clive. Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 18 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next