Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+8
mishmash
abrahammy
Badger
Sky
Luca
austin
frazzle
firecracker
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 4:30 pm

I think I might just check out the Bend gig. That sounds fun like Witchita Falls did not. I will let you all know if he calls me a Bitter Whore!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 5:16 pm

Did I miss that you had yet another run in with C over at GS over the lst two weeks after you saw him at the Greek festival Abrahammy? Or are you just being funny? Do tell!

Quote :
“She's a sweetheart,” he tells Us. “She's classy, has built a nice career and doesn't drink or do drugs. We're close, and it's cool."

And, he adds, he doesn’t have to worry about any awkward silences on dates.

“We have a lot of mutual friends, and we both have a theater background, so we have a lot in common," he tells Us. “She's great!""

Shocked Shocked Shocked Why does this raise red flag after red flag for me that he has latched on to someone that he hopes may be able to give his career a boost, just like Pickler?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 6:35 pm

Yep Twisted Evil What she can do for his career and maybe her money. She sure doesn't seem his type otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:12 pm

Quote :
Yep What she can do for his career and maybe her money. She sure doesn't seem his type otherwise.
Exactly. Not his type at all! We all know what that is. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:16 pm

Quote :
Or are you just being funny? Do tell!

What, the Bitter Whore thing? That was a reference to something that happened to Capri, and since he

1. May see me in the audience
2. Had a conflict with me recently
3. Now knows who I am

I was being funny.

And yes, it's entirely possible he's hoping Debbie Gibson will help his career. I just hope that no drinking or drugs thing turns out to be a helpful new trend for him.

I will say this; if she gets him theatre work... I think that's his strong suit. Easily. I am in favor of this possible development. Just be NICE to her so she KEEPS being a contact, Greekboy. I think Theatrical Greekboy is the incarnation that still counts me in the fandom.

Debbie is much older than the Pickle. He will have a harder time exploiting her. I hope he realizes that. lol!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:00 pm

I hate to admit that I always like Debbie Gibson. I actually bought her first CD. Embarassed I thought she had a really good voice and seemed like a sweetie.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:43 pm

Abrahammy wrote:
Quote :
What, the Bitter Whore thing? That was a reference to something that happened to Capri, and since he

1. May see me in the audience
2. Had a conflict with me recently
3. Now knows who I am

I was being funny.
Was the Bitter Whore thing with Capri recently? Shocked Because he has sure worn out that same term for some of the gals at the Pink, but you know all about that...
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 3:00 am

austin wrote:

“She's a sweetheart,” he tells Us. “She's classy, has built a nice career and doesn't drink or do drugs. We're close, and it's cool."

And, he adds, he doesn’t have to worry about any awkward silences on dates.

“We have a lot of mutual friends, and we both have a theater background, so we have a lot in common," he tells Us. “She's great!""
SCREAMING laughing. What an asshole.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:28 am

Looks like Carrie will sell almost as much in her first week as Kelly has sold of her last CD after months. I guess Simon was right about one thing, looks like Carrie will be the best selling AI winner.

Quote :
Updated HDD sales projection for Carrie:

Next week’s album chart will be less depressing than this week’s—at least until you get past #1. That honor will belong to the debuting Carrie Underwood (RCA), whose second album is poised to hit 475-490k. The bad news is that the Idol diva looks like she’ll be the only act in six figures.

Quote :

Carrie Underwood a controversial choice for national anthem

Country singer Carrie Underwood was selected by MLB to sing the national anthem before Game 3 of the World Series at Coors Field on Saturday, the first Series game played in Colorado.

It’s an interesting decision.

Dick and Charlie Monfort, the Rockies general partnership, are active in the beef industry. Their grandfather, Warren Monfort, and father, Ken Monfort, created Greeley-based Monfort Inc., which was one of the largest meat-packing companies in the world. It is now a part of Swift Co.

Underwood, meanwhile, was voted "world’s sexiest vegetarian," by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) in 2007, the second time she has been selected for the award. She also is a supporter of the Humane Society of the United States, which has taken stands against the beef industry, rodeo and hunting.

<snip>

Rockies officials said they were not consulted on the decisions about who would sing the national anthem. "Major League Baseball told us who the singers would be," said Jay Alves, Rockies vice president of communications.

Fox is televising the World Series and is believed to have been involved in the decision-making process. Underwood is a former winner of the Fox show American Idol.

Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 11:06 am

Carrie's father raises beef cattle. In fact, she's said that cattle is what helped put her through college.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 11:21 am

Maybe that is why she won't eat them! Shocked
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 4:03 pm

Well if you live with livestock like I do I cannot even think of eating them. But I was a vegeterian way before I had sheep.

Bo's CD came out this week , didn't it? I need to go buy it. it is it available anywhere or do y'all know?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 4:24 pm

You can preview Bo's CD at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/See-The-Light/dp/B000WKN1D6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-5918652-2227232?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1193437306&sr=8-2

It reads like it is only downloadable from there. I wonder if there is not a physical CD? Have you tried his My Space or any Bo Bice board that might have the physical CD for sale?

ETA: Here, you can order it from Wal-mart's site or get it in most of the Wal-mart stores!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7801525
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 5:14 pm

This is weird, but apparently Bo is having the same problem with stock that Clay had with ATDW. A lot of fans are having trouble finding the CD at Wal-Mart and Bo said it was not available at the Wal-Mart he goes to. Some fans have said they've been told stock is in the back, but no one will go get it for them.

Anyway, Bo posted on his fanclub site about it and didn't sound very happy.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 5:35 pm

That is horrible!! Evil or Very Mad Not only that Bo is also having stock problems, but the fact that employees won't go back and get something for a customer!! That is just WRONG!

Hubby and I are probably going to run into Wal-Mart tomorrow because younger son needs one of those large tri-fold poster boards for a school project and we can always find those at Wal-Mart. I will check to see if they have Bo at our Wal-Mart. If anyone needs me to pick one up for them let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:53 pm

I sure hope it will be available at my Walmart when I can get there on Thursday! In the meantime, I will go preview the songs.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:02 pm

I'm not sure I understand why Bo's record is only available at Walmart. A lot of people don't like to go there unless they absolutely have to. Is it also available on-line? Why limit the places you can buy it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:47 pm

Amazon did not seem to have a physical CD to buy. Just downloads.

It is not uncommon for both Walmart and Target to have exclusives.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:49 pm

It's also available at I-Tunes.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:34 pm

Thanks for the info. I had heard of Walmart and Target occasionally having tracks that CDs at other places do not, but I just think it's strange to have the only physical place to go be Walmart.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:59 pm

Bo signed an exclusive deal with Wal-Mart's. The Eagles also have a similar one with them.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 3:01 pm

Wow, even higher than the 525K estimate ! Amazing numbers for Carrie's first week.

FINAL:
LW TW artist / album label power index % change
-- 1 CARRIE UNDERWOOD ARISTA/RMG 537,246 --
CARNIVAL RIDE
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 7:08 am

Good for her. I still find her a robotic empty performer and a dull, cold personality.

Some interesting Bo news. He did an interview with a FOX station in Alabama and talked a bit about the differences between being with a big label like RCA and being on an independent one like he is now. He seems much much happier going the independent route. He said you don't have to sell as many records to be successful.

But the real "news" seems to be that Bo is planning to sell his house in Tennessee and move back to Helena which is where he lived when he went on the show. He and Caroline are looking for land there. So maybe he's building a house.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 7:33 am

Oh, that's exciting! We bought our lot and custom built our home! Such fun. Yesterday we went looking for lots to buy in the future to custom build a ranch after the boys move out and we don't want this large two story any more. Bo and his family will have a lot of fun picking everything out and watching it all take shape! Hope it is their dream house. Nice that he is moving back home.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 8:25 am

Here is Jordin's vid for Tattoo! She is a cutie. I love the song. She sings it really well. No over the top diva moments. Just really pretty singing. Blake makes a guest appearance at the end of the vid. Nice to see him again!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3cuq1_jordin-sparks-tattoo_music
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 3 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next