Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+10
Janice
Green Eyez
Sky
Luca
muse
austin
abrahammy
southernbelle
frazzle
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 12:18 pm

OK, some photos from the Melinda/Sanjaya duet during the tour - it's about the only thing from the tour I want to see.

[img]American Idol - Page 22 Skirt[/img]

[img]American Idol - Page 22 MindySanjy-1

[img]American Idol - Page 22 Tp_AmericanIdoltour_450[/img]

[img]American Idol - Page 22 Luv2[/img]
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 12:58 pm

Cute! Are you going to a show?
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 1:33 pm

Sweetie, I didn't drive across the state for a full two hours of Clay on a weekend I was off. There is no way in hell I'm driving across the state for ten minutes of Sanjaya, 15 minutes of Melinda and an hour of Chris Richardson. Because nasal is STILL a kind of torture.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 1:53 pm

I hear ya! I didn't even consider going to this AI tour because I would only want to see Gina and Blake. I'm sure all 3 Divas do a fine job, but they are not people I would go out of my way to see. Sanjaya would be fun. All of the others - just no. I loved Chris S.'s voice, but he turned out to be a major ass. Haley and Chris R = affraid
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 11:57 pm

There isn't anyone on this tour I would want to see. I just didn't 'get' Sanjaya...at all. Yes, he marketed himself well, he got to stay on the show longer.............but I didn't even find those pictures pleasant to look at...........just my opinion. Smile
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:08 am

Well Sky, as you know, I didn't really get the Sanjaya love either Razz Other than I thought he was cute. But my mom wouldn't like those pix either. She thinks he is ugly as all get out! She hates his smile, hates his nose and thinks he looks greasy. In fact I don't think she ever felt so negative toward another AI contestant.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:43 am

I don't like Melinda's dress on her at all. It doesn't fit right; it's bulky, and yuck. They look like they're having fun though.

I won't be going to the show. It's coming to San Antonio (about 100 miles from here). When it was actually in Austin last year, I didn't go (even though I wanted to see Elliott). The tickets are so expensive and the production values are almost zero (IMO).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 10:49 am

Abrahammy wrote:
Quote :
Sweetie, I didn't drive across the state for a full two hours of Clay on a weekend I was off. There is no way in hell I'm driving across the state for ten minutes of Sanjaya, 15 minutes of Melinda and an hour of Chris Richardson. Because nasal is STILL a kind of torture.
lol! I hear ya! But, why would Chris get an hour? He came in 4th did'nt he? When I saw the one and only AI show I will ever see (What a cheap ass production...oy, don't even get me started!) I don't think even Carrie got an hour of stage time. I wish she had, maybe then it would have been worth going to! Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 11:28 am

Chris Daughtry was 4th in Season 5, Chris Richardson (who is the one they are talking about) came in 5th this year. At least I think so because Kiki was 4th. I bet the hour is an exaggeration, but he does get a lot of time I hear. They say Gina does too which has fueled the talk of her being signed. You know, if they are featuring him a lot I wonder if it is in songs with Blake since they are BFFs and girls think they are cute?
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:09 pm

OK, now Sanjaya is greasy. Sigh. I know how to pick 'em, don't I? Laughing
He's too YOUNG to be greasy!

Rich came in fifth, and I was exaggerating his stage time. I do think somebody on one board made a count; he's in ten songs. Melinda has seven or eight, Kiki has five. I did not like Rich and do not want to watch him on stage that much. It was fun to see the AI concerts back when they were $45, but I ain't paying $200 and traveling to see this. I'd bet money AI signed Rich.

Those dresses are evil things to do to full-figured girls.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 7:42 pm

I know! My mom thinks he looks dirty. I tell her it is just his coloring.

However, if she saw the way his hair looks in the pix above she would think GREASY!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 11:19 pm

During the auditions..........and hearing Sanjaya sing.......I couldn't wait to hear him perform on AI. But what the heck happened?? I know his age has a lot to do with his attitude, that, and he didn't sing very well.....is why I just did not 'get' him....at all!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 5:47 pm

Being mistreated - and I think he was mistreated to a degree that makes me question why the FCC allowed it - was the primary source of his "attitude." When you've got producers going on news programs to announce that there is no way you can possibly win and the show's primary spokesperson threatens to quit if you win, you have to either cave like John Stevens did or develop a facade, which is what Sanjaya did. I think his primary vocal problem is projection - it is certainly not vocal tone, (I think his basic voice is VERY pretty) and contrary to popular belief it's NOT pitch; John' problem was pitch, atonal delivery, and utter lack of charisma. Sanjaya had difficulty being heard over the orchestra, and he did have some pitch problems when he had to push too hard. He does not seem to be having any trouble with that on tour - I've heard the Proud Mary duet with Melinda and he's actually holding his own quite well. His mother says Melinda has brought him out vocally, which IMHO is what happens when a very raw young talent is working with somebody who wants him to do well rather than working against people who are hell-bent on making sure he fails.

For the record, I know the best singer on AI was Melinda - I voted for her - and the best overall musician is Blake Lewis. I voted for him, too. They just don't seem to need people to stick up for them as much.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 7:44 pm

abrahammy wrote:
Being mistreated - and I think he was mistreated to a degree that makes me question why the FCC allowed it - was the primary source of his "attitude." When you've got producers going on news programs to announce that there is no way you can possibly win and the show's primary spokesperson threatens to quit if you win, you have to either cave like John Stevens did or develop a facade, which is what Sanjaya did. I think his primary vocal problem is projection - it is certainly not vocal tone, (I think his basic voice is VERY pretty) and contrary to popular belief it's NOT pitch; John' problem was pitch, atonal delivery, and utter lack of charisma. Sanjaya had difficulty being heard over the orchestra, and he did have some pitch problems when he had to push too hard. He does not seem to be having any trouble with that on tour - I've heard the Proud Mary duet with Melinda and he's actually holding his own quite well. His mother says Melinda has brought him out vocally, which IMHO is what happens when a very raw young talent is working with somebody who wants him to do well rather than working against people who are hell-bent on making sure he fails.

For the record, I know the best singer on AI was Melinda - I voted for her - and the best overall musician is Blake Lewis. I voted for him, too. They just don't seem to need people to stick up for them as much.

Abrahammy, I couldn't have said any of this better myself. You're absolutely 100% correct.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 9:07 pm

Well, I agree with you about the difference between being helped and people working against you. I still didn't enjoy anything about his singing. He certainly may improve in time and with guidance. He was indeed more of a showman than poor John Stevens. Though John did seem like a real sweet kid. I watched the Proud Mary vid. For me he is more fun to watch than he is to listen too. I also saw a solo performance vid. He plays well with the audience and seems comfortable on stage. I will just hope his singing improves. In the meantime I can see him doing some acting on Disney. Kids seem to like him a lot.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 10:53 am

Here's a poll about the best AI male vocalist ever. I've got a VERY strong opinion about who ought to win - bet Firecracker can guess - and he's not. Which I find mind-boggling. Anyway, if you are interested...

http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2007/edition_07-15-2007/Personality_Parade
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 11:15 am

Well that didn't take long. I knew once the claymates found out about it and mobilized, he'd come out on top. I put my vote in for your guy.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 11:16 am

Well, he is winning now!

Claymates must have got wind of this one! If Clay is on a poll furgetaboutit!! Though lately it is always Clay vs. Elliott. Elliott has some diehard fans too! Actually, after getting Elliott's CD I feel he really does belong in second place right behind Clay. That is one fine CD! Looks like Con has some fans working on it too!

ETA: Hi GE! Thanks for your vote!!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 3:17 pm

I voted for Clay. Sanjaya has a few votes, too, LOL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 4:07 pm

Yay Frazz!! Clay is way ahead now cheers Go Claymates! It would be great if he could win this because this is the most read magazine in the world!

For me it is funny to see little Papaya on the same list as Clay in a singing catagory. Now if it were for bestest, brightest smile I could see it Very Happy !
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 4:37 pm

OK Abrahammy, someone at the Clack House says she loved what you said at "that other site" about Clay being the best male singer from AI. What site? What did you say? I'm dying to know!! bounce

ETA: OK never mind. I decided to break down and go to GS to see if it was there. I haven't been there in so long I didn't know if I could still get in. I saw your post. Nice to see that Dolce and Feblady voted for Clay too. I did need to leave after I saw a couple posts where they were saying Con has a better "presence" on stage because I don't see that at all. In fact I cannot get thru a You Tube of one single performance of his because I find him one big phony on the stage. Sorry, but you know I don't like that whole "I'm such a sexy RawkStar" act he puts on, plus I just don't really care much for his singing. Anyway, maybe if some of those ladies watched concert vids of Clay's they would see how much more natural Clay is on stage and how charming, funny and charismatic he is.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 7:11 pm

Hee. Sanjaya with 4% of the vote. I am not in favor of him WINNING that poll, but it tickles me no end that he's got votes. Support your man, little Fanjayas! sunny

Actually, with the exception of Taylor only at 1% and Bo not yet on the scoreboard at all, I pretty much agree with - or at least approve of - those results.
Quote :

Anyway, maybe if some of those ladies watched concert vids of Clay's they would see how much more natural Clay is on stage and how charming, funny and charismatic he is.

And some of them... genuinely like Constantine better. It's OK. Some people prefer Ruben to both of them, which is not something that *I* understand, but they can do that if they wish.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 7:27 pm

I understand that they genuinely like Con better, and of course that is fine, just that they probably only know Clay from his AI performances and have not seen just what an entertainer he is. For me hairflips, duck lips, sticking tongue out, rawkhands, and all Con's usual moves just don't equal "presence" IMHO. Sadly, it was watching the way he performed on the Betty concert videos that had a huge part of my falling out of fangirlie with Con. In fact it was the main part. I enjoy him so much more on the B&B than on any concert video. I can even enjoy some of his TV interviews. It is the concert performances that just don't work for me.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 9:08 pm

Betty sucked. He's better by himself.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 12:12 am

I tried to vote earlier, but it was sooooo slow, I gave up..........now the poll isn't there! scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next