Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+6
Luca
firecracker
aerwin
frazzle
Green Eyez
Sky
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:16 pm

I'm not sure, have there been guests.....this is where I have been this week....Ocean Shores, WA

Chitchat - Page 17 293-1

Chitchat - Page 17 270-1

Chitchat - Page 17 266-1

Chitchat - Page 17 240-1
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:27 pm

Oh, Sky, you are such a glorious mystery.

I assume that is you in the hat?

Such a cool pic. (And still utterly mysterious).

That final pic? I just might be able to write a movie imagining the story that leads up to that image.

Cool

Very Cool.

regarding "guests" most times I come here these days there is at least one, if not two or three, Guests logged in.

In my magical thinking they are people who have magically found this board, which is not linked to anywhere that I know of...and will eventually participate contributing ideas and imaginings that inspire us all.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:33 pm

Sky, you are the coolest. LOVE the pics. Haven't been able to post my New Mexico pics because it turns out my friend has my sim card from my camera.

Frazz, you are a siren and the guests are coming here because they have heard your siren song.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:35 pm

COOL, GE! I love that idea.

{{{{{channeling inner siren}}}}}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sky's pics absolutely tap into some sort of mythology like that.

And right now we have 1 guest and 1 bot.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:39 pm

frazzle wrote:
Oh, Sky, you are such a glorious mystery.

I assume that is you in the hat?

Such a cool pic. (And still utterly mysterious).

That final pic? I just might be able to write a movie imagining the story that leads up to that image.

Cool

Very Cool.

regarding "guests" most times I come here these days there is at least one, if not two or three, Guests logged in.

In my magical thinking they are people who have magically found this board, which is not linked to anywhere that I know of...and will eventually participate contributing ideas and imaginings that inspire us all.

Yes, it's me in the hat. Me, mysterious? No, I just don't like my picture taken. Wink
The last picture is of surfers in the water..........it was zoomed in a bit so it's not real clear. A movie inspired by the pic?

Guests...............maybe google hits?? Or people not signing in?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:43 pm

Oh, this morning I went out early to walk on the beach...............

my camera decided it needed to swim in the ocean.............it's not working anymore. I've had to resort to using hubby's camera and use his pictures. I'm not a happy camper....but my philosophy has always been, not to worry or stress about things I cannot change and I can't change the fact that my camera fell in the ocean and doesn't work anymore. Can I say f**k?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:45 pm

I Googled "wizened women" thinking that might be it, because sometimes the Bot is Google, but we do not show up anywhere in the first few pages (fine by me).

LOL on just not liking your picture taken (should I say Ha Ha?) but really, from your posts here, you do have mystery. I could read forever about your adventures in the sky and what you ponder.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:46 pm

f**k? Does that mean FUCK???
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:49 pm

Okay, then............FUCK, my camera doesn't know how to swim.............
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:50 pm

Yeah!!!

Those mechanical devices are just so accident prone and so lacking in resiliency.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:53 pm

I had it in the case, strapped around my neck.....bent over to roll up my pant legs............and swoosh, it fell right out of the case...............

Maybe, I'll get a new one out of all this??? You know, Hubby taking pity on me..................... Laughing
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:56 pm

Now that is a delightful thought:

Vibes to hubby:... generosity and pity and supporting the Muse...all very, very, good things. Verrry....verrrry...gooooood..things.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 4:53 am

Update. The pink slips went out yesterday. I had a sick child and had to stay home, so I was on the phone several times trying to find out if I had to get a babysitter and come in for the "meeting" at a certain time, but my supervisor told me I did not have to come in, and I finally learned why.

I am not losing my job. I am being transferred. I do not yet know to where. This could be fine or horrible. The drama continues.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:17 am

Let's hope it is fine.....................
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:12 am

Here's to transferring to a place that is even better than fine.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:06 am

What a tragedy. Here's hoping you land in a soft place Abrahammy. Keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:31 pm

frazzle wrote:
Now that is a delightful thought:

Vibes to hubby:... generosity and pity and supporting the Muse...all very, very, good things. Verrry....verrrry...gooooood..things.

Not so sure now...........hubby got a ticket for speeding on the way back...oooops!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:34 pm

A few more............

Another love of mine are Lighthouses...........

I just love these Tusnami warning signs.

Chitchat - Page 17 OceanShores074Medium

Chitchat - Page 17 Viewfromtop154

Chitchat - Page 17 Westportlighthouse162Medium

A great winery, we couldn't pass up!!
Chitchat - Page 17 Westportwinery163Medium

Chitchat - Page 17 OceanShores137-1

Chitchat - Page 17 209
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:56 pm

Wow. I am loving these pictures.

The gnarled driftwood at the end is extraordinary.

So, is hubby getting you a new camera?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 12:04 am

I loved that gnarly driftwood! I'm not sure about the new camera, but I would think so, he knows I don't like his and he doesn't want me dropping it!!! We'll see......... Wink
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:08 am

The pictures are breathtaking!

So, when the days get dark, as we've talked about before, you sometimes need a way to let it all out. There's a song I listen to that does it for me every time. It's "Me" by Paula Cole. I'm putting the words here and if I haven't already, I'll be putting the video in the music folder (NOT the closed one in this section! - the one in acting/writing)

As we're all women here, I think there's something for everyone in this song.

Me by Paula Cole

I am not the person who is singing
I am the silent one inside
I am not the one who laughs at people's jokes
I just pacify their egos
I am not my house, my car, my songs
They are only just stops along my way
I am like the winter
I'm a dark cold female
With a golden ring of wisdom in my cave

CHORUS:

And it is me who is my enemy
Me who beats me up
Me who makes the monsters
Me who strips my confidence

I am carrying my voice
I am carrying my heart
I am carrying my rhythm
I am carrying my prayers
But you can't kill my spirit
It's soaring and it's strong
Like a mountain
I'll go on and on
But when my wings are folded
The brightly colored moth
Blends into the dirt into the ground

Chorus

And it's me who's too weak
And it's me who's too shy
To ask for the thing I love
And it's me who's too weak
And it's me who's too shy
To ask for the thing I love
That I love

I am walking on the bridge
I am over the water
And I'm scared as hell
But I know there's something better
Yes I know there's something
Yes I know, I know, yes I know

That I love

But it's me
And it's me
But it's me
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:43 pm

I'm an immediate gratification kinda gal. In other words, it sometimes takes me a long time to decide on something, so once I do, I expect it to happen yesterday. Like, I'm taking singing lessons from a friend, so of course after two lessons, I expect to be singing like Ann Wilson. You know, just start singing "Crazy on You" and have it sound like it's coming out of Ann's mouth.

So I am when I am in the doldrums and attempting to get out of them. One time I saw a cartoon when I was going through one of these times. I probably have it stashed away somewhere. I think it was a "BC". It involved a Dear Abby-type letter saying "I'm in a dither" and proceeding to say all the things going wrong with her. The response was "Get the heck out of that dither". For some reason, this just struck me as one of the most histerical things I"d ever seen.

So, I guess I've been in a dither. I've been doing lots of things to get me the heck outta that dither. I kind of expect to do one thing and then EUREKA! I see the light and I'm OK and all is right with the world. I keep forgetting about the cumulative effect. Where one day you wake up and the sun is shining again. It seems sudden, but really it's the month of things you've been doing to make yourself better.

Also, some stuff seems to divinely coming into my path to give me a message and fortunately I was able to listen and let it sink in.

All of this is to say that I think I woke up today out of the dither and am actually doing research for another script I want to write and having hope for my future and how bright it is.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Very cool, GE!

I think trying things, whether they work directly or not, is the way to wake up from a dither a little sooner than otherwise.

Singing leads to writing leads to all sorts of things.

Congrats!

Coming back to this post a few hours later.

I call my states of un-wellbeing "tizzies" when they are active and adrenalin is involved, and "sinking or plunging into the abyss" when they are more internal and depressive.

but life really is hard so often. We all have to deal with real struggles, regardless of how zen-ly or denial-ly detached we are or want to be or do not want to be.

I.E. Shit happenens. And sometimes it persists.

Financial stuggles are my worst ones currently.

I get into both tizzies and abyss plunges more often these days from practical matters than matters of the heart or self-esteem. (Though the ex-hubby stuff did turn up a few weeks ago and slammed me. I guess that now counts as practical, too).

I am fucking terrified I won't be able to take care of myself for my remaining years.

So I guess that is another state, ongoing terror.

From what I see in all the other women i know or encounter, even online, we are all juggling various forms of these states, though we may label them individually.

Thanks, GE for adressing the issue, and for showing a few of the ways you cope.

I really think we can help each other by mentioning the coping things.

Here is one of mine that sometimes helps, regardless of the non-joyous state:

Sleeping.

My new full time job does not allow me to sleep enough during the week, but I am promising myself a sleep day on Saturdays or Sundays (whichever one works) to do everything I can to sleep as long as it takes to de-tizzify my body.

It won't make me the extra money I need, but I figure i should give it a try.

I will let you know if it helps, if I succeed in really doing it.

Once it DOES work, I will also start singing in the car to taped piano accompaniment (inspired by GE's posts).

It has been a very long time since I spent time singing, and I am not aiming at performance, just bodily chemical de-tizzifying.

I have old tapes. I will find them.. That is my pledge to myself.

I hope everybody will post things to try.

Last edited by frazzle on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:41 pm

If any of you live in a place with an AIDS walk, I hope you will participate.

Here is a link to the main info site. You can search to see if there is one near you:

http://www.aidswalk.net/

The world just had its 17th International AIDS Conference, with people from all over the world contributing scientific, medical and sociological findings.

AIDS is more of a current threat than the statistics predicted.
http://www.apla.org/news/press_releases/2008/2008_0801_call_for_funding.html

(Much more info if you Google AIDS Conference 2008.)

Annie Lennox and Bill Clinton were the at the conference... when co-workers got back I asked them if they had sex with either of them. Alas, no takers).

Participating in an AIDS Walk contributes money for research, education, prevention, drugs, and other services for everyone alive, those at highest risk, and those already suffering from the disease.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 1:49 am

Elephants in the room:

Our dear Firecracker has left us, mostly, gone on to start her own board somewhere. I suspect most of you know this.

I wish her hugs and happiness , and asked her to, if she feels like it, post news about her beloved guys from time to time. She said she would. But I won't count on it.

I think Luca has left us, as well, though I have not heard back from her.

Since FC, in particular, had a lot to do with this board flourishing with such a small group of members, I know I will feel her absence acutely.

Luca did not post as much, but I was always delighted when she did.

In any case, this place is going to evolve into something different now that they are gone.

I know I am most interested in things political, and in things mega-personal to do with being a woman, to do with aging.

I don't have any brilliant ideas of how or whether to expend, invite, reorganize, but I do want to put it out there that this board is changing.

I hope you will post obliquely or directly, about what you might like from this board in the near future.

ANd if this board dies because we do not have somebody who posts like a bunny, so be it.

But I hope that doesn't happen.

i do know that I am not really a good bunny!

I mentioned to a friend recently that I would love to have a conservative republican cheerleader with some social consciousness be my life coach, however much I would fight and disagree with the particulars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 17 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next