Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 11:00 pm

Hey, good luck on that trip! I don't know if I could handle the whole day.

I'm sure I'll get a momento of Italy, I didn't put in for one though.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 7:11 am

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!! To all the mothers here and all those mothers of the ladies here and to all who know and love any mothers!!

May you all have a most beautiful day!

We usually get dressed up and go to a nice restaurant for brunch, but since this is the first year my dad won't be with us (my mom is so bummed) and my BIL can't get in due to having to be at a meeting in Ohio first thing tomorrow morning, we are having a BBQ. Grilling a big ole turkey with lots of great stuff to go with it! I made two cakes yesterday. French Vanilla with strawberries and a chocolate cherry cake. I hope they taste as great as they smell! (the batter was sure yummy Laughing ) So, I have been cooking and cleaning and baking on Mother's Day weekend Shocked What is wrong with this picture Suspect AND our dishwasher broke yesterday Mad which is going to make clean-up tonight really suck Crying or Very sad Oh well, what can you do? It is suppose to be a pretty nice day for a BBQ and THERE WILL BE PRESENTS!! I bought my mom some really pretty jewelry and I made her a beautiful bracelet too! Hope she thinks so. I also got her some retired Cherished Teddies with her name and my dad's. Thank god for ebay. Those are going to be from the boys. Yvonne is an Xmas bear and Donald is an Easter bear. Pretty cool they are both holiday bears. I was born on Easter Sunday so I love that my dad's bear is an Easter Bear I love you

TTYL Ladies! Love you all!

Chitchat - Page 5 1
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 10:35 am

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mothers!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 3:17 pm

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's here!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 10:10 pm

Hope yu all had a lovely day, both Mothers of Kids and Mothers of Invention!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 6:30 pm

I have a bunch of questions about pregnancy for a script I am writing (hopefully with GE, but we haven't talked yet).

If you are, say, seven months along, what would somebody (like a hubby) hear if he put his ear to the pregnant belly? WHat kinds of noises? Mom's heartbeat, stomach sounds...anything else? Anything different from what you'd hear from a non-pregnant belly?

If somebody was faking a pregnancy, how might her friends who have bunches of kids, start to notice...what would be tell tale signs that the woman is not pregnant if she looks pregnant?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 6:55 pm

Boy, at 7 months it's a lot more about what they feel. Lots of movement. I think just the heartbeat and maybe some gas lol! I'll ask hubby when he is done working. Bad day for him. He had to lay off 5 men. He was a mess when he left the house today.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 6:59 pm

Aww, bad day for hubby, indeed. FC you and your beloveds are going through so much. {{{{{{{{{FC}}}}}}.

Sloshing sounds? I suppose this type of gadget could be what the faker was using:
http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=1388&src_t=wnw

All my close friends who were pregnant kind of liked friends gently touching the belly. What might be a good reason for a woman not to let any of the friends touch it? Might touching set off nausea?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 7:25 pm

Yep Frazz, we've had better times. My hubby's company is owned by the same company that just bought Chrysler. As soon as that buy went down, word came to hubby's company that 20 percent of the people were to be laid off. Men that have worked for hubby a long time. Very sad indeed. We are of course grateful that hubby was not one to be let go. He is in a pretty secure position at this point. Still, he felt terrible leaving for work today knowing what he had to do. I hope they all find great jobs really soon!

I was one who loved people to touch my tummy! My pregnancies were just really exciting for me. I only got sick in the first trimester. After that nothing anyone did made me feel sick. I don't think I can offer you much humor. My pregnancies was pretty darn normal.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 8:42 pm

frazzle wrote:
I have a bunch of questions about pregnancy for a script I am writing (hopefully with GE, but we haven't talked yet).

If you are, say, seven months along, what would somebody (like a hubby) hear if he put his ear to the pregnant belly? WHat kinds of noises? Mom's heartbeat, stomach sounds...anything else? Anything different from what you'd hear from a non-pregnant belly?

If somebody was faking a pregnancy, how might her friends who have bunches of kids, start to notice...what would be tell tale signs that the woman is not pregnant if she looks pregnant?

When I was starting to get bigger, (maybe around the 7th month), I started to walk differently. You get more of a side-to-side thing going on. I guess the infamous "waddling?" You start getting tired pretty easily; you start having to go to the bathroom a lot (the baby sometimes presses on your bladder.) But then again, everyone is different. If someone was in really good shape prior to the pregnancy, they may just sail thru. With my first baby, I was on very restricted activity and then bed rest for 9 weeks, so when I got off bed rest, I could barely walk - everything was just like Jello.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 8:44 pm

frazzle wrote:
Aww, bad day for hubby, indeed. FC you and your beloveds are going through so much. {{{{{{{{{FC}}}}}}.

Sloshing sounds? I suppose this type of gadget could be what the faker was using:
http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=1388&src_t=wnw

All my close friends who were pregnant kind of liked friends gently touching the belly. What might be a good reason for a woman not to let any of the friends touch it? Might touching set off nausea?

Some women just don't like being touched. I never had a problem with it, but sometimes strangers will come up to you and try to touch your belly which is a little weird. Some of my friends, (and my mother), would never have a massage because the thought of a stranger touching them icks them out. I relish it actually. I'm not sure about the friends touching the belly part, but, some people just don't like to be touched.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 8:46 pm

Oh, and I wanted to have sex A LOT in my 2nd trimester. That was all I could think about.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 9:40 pm

Oh Austin, bed rest for 9 weeks affraid That had to be rough. Glad things went easier the second time.

Austin, show your daughter the new pix of my purple haired doll in the doll thread! They are so pretty!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 2:46 pm

I will show her FC. She is downstairs with Grandma right now.

Yeah the bedrest wasn't that much fun. At the beginning of it was when we found out we were going to have to move to Austin from S. Florida. The internet was fairly young then (12 years ago), but there was still SOME info available online, and so DH moved the computer (we didn't have a laptop) next to my bed so I could lean on my side and read as much as I could about Austin.

I had had a late miscarriage with a previous pregnancy (multiples) and they thought I had an incompetent cervix, so they sewed it up and put me on bedrest.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 5:41 pm

What a stressful time! I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy. I fell down the stairs to the basement getting things ready for Xmas Eve. I lost the baby on Xmas Eve. BUT, 4 months later I was pregnant with Eric, so it all worked out the way it was suppose to. Eric was meant to be!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 7:13 pm

I had to take my my to the opthamologist this morning - she has cataracts and some macular degeneration, anyway, then I went to Factory Card Outlet and got lots of paper products and decorations for the graduation party. I still don't know for sure when we will have the party - as I want my folks to come, but it sure was fun picking out all the stuff!! I have Eric's Cap and Gown hanging up in our bedroom with all the stuff I bought today around it! I feel so proud and excited (and old)! Anyway, it was just fun to do something happy today after the endless visits to hospitals.

By the way, if all goes as planned dad is coming home Weds. the 23rd. 5 weeks exactly from when I took him to the ER! Cross your fingers ladies!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 8:59 pm

Quote :
What might be a good reason for a woman not to let any of the friends touch it? Might touching set off nausea?

Well, in the first trimester just about anything can set off nausea, but after that I mostly had heartburn. Touching the belly does not set off nausea; however, being invaded by strangers who think your bump is public property can be kind of unsettling. Oh, and baby's siblings have to be told to be careful with Mommy's tummy.

Here's a fun comic scene, and I can say this because I've lived through it. Scene includes a very wet, rainy day. The entrance to the workplace has no welcome mat and a very slick floor. A crowd of co-workers all enter at the same time. One is a woman of forty, very very pregnant and kind of struggling a bit because pregnant at forty is a BITCH. Pregnant lady puts foot on wet spot on the slick floor.

Down goes very pregnant librarian. BOOM. Cut to outside visual - the entire building shakes. Pregnant lady attempts to stand up.

Unsuccessful.

One co-worker attempts to help hapless beached whale stand up.

Unsuccessful.

Now we've got one co-worker tugging on each arm.

Unsuccessful.

Male co-worker helps raise her by both armpits from behind.

This works.

Pregnant librarian limps to her department and tells supervisor she's going to go lie down in the staff lounge, because that hurt like a sonofabitch. And asks janitorial staff to please wipe up that damned floor. And waddles off into the sunset.

I am so glad I will never get pregnant again.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 9:07 pm

Great visual post Abrahammy!! Laughing Too bad that happened to you though. Shame on them for not having a mat to wipe your feet. That story could have ended badly Crying or Very sad You were lucky you and your baby were OK.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 1:10 pm

Wow, that's quite a story! I went as few places as possible when pregnant. Luckily I wasn't working. I was not a happy pregnant person. I was happy to BE pregnant, because it took us SO long and we had had so many problems, and I was excited and thankful for what I would be getting out of the pregnancy, but I am not one of those real glowy, dewy, happy pregnant ladies.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 1:22 pm

We are going to a free concert in a park downtown tonight. A hi-tech company is sponsoring it - Bonnie Raitt, Kris Kristofferson, Ian MacLagen (he lives in Austin now and used to play with the Stones and was in the Faces, one of my favorite old bands), and a bunch of local musicians. They are allowing 20,000 into the park only, so we need to get there before they open the gates at 5:30.

NOT taking the kids for a change. They'll be home with my mom.

The weather is nice; it's 76 right now and will probably be in the low 80s by the time we get there.

I'm just exhausted though because K ran a mile race thru downtown Austin early this a.m. and I had to walk a mile to pick her up and then we walked all over downtown and thru the Capitol building and then back to our car. I'm sure it was at least 3 miles.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 1:38 pm

I'm afraid I can't share anything about pregnancy. Don't even want to think about what you went through, Abrahammy. It's bad enough falling on your ass without carrying around a child in your stomach.

I want to share with you all my lovely day yesterday. Have any of you ever spent 6 hours at the auto mechanic's? I have.

A few weeks ago I came out to my car parked in my parking space in the supposedly "secure" lot of my apartment building and noticed that the small rear window was shattered. I looked inside and a couple of bags I had in the back were gone. Oddly enough, I had 2 small mp3 players in the car that couldn't be seen right away. They were still there. ANYway, when I would tell people this, they would say something that, if I never hear it again, it will be too soon "never leave anything in your car". Literally. Almost everyone I told. Like that's comforting or going to help me NOW. Like I don't know that NOW!

I've been so busy I just got it covered and kept on with my business. Yesterday morning I called my mechanic and told him I was bringing in my car. I bought it in between 12 and 12:30. He was still calling places trying to find the part used, because otherwise it would be double the price for it. He finally found it. It wasn't close. He told me I could save a lot of money by picking it up myself. I left around 1:00 and didn't return till between 2:30 and 3:00. My mechanic wasn't there and his wife bought me lunch.

Mechanic returns around 3:00 and calls the guy to put in the glass. He was about a 1/2 hour away. 4:00 comes and goes. 4:30. 5:00. He keeps paging the guy and keeps telling me he's "close". Near 5:30 they arrive. Know how long it took to put the window in? About a 1/2 hour. Sonofabitch.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 3:51 pm

Wow Austin, what a day and night! I'm tired just reading about it! All I've done today is a little yard work, made some jewelry, watched the season finales of CSI and ER that I taped and now I am preparing dinner while hubby is grilling the steaks. For me, it has been a perfect day!! Have a blast at the concert!

GE, I am so sorry that all that happened to you. It is so unfair that someone broke into your car and stole your stuff. You know, there are just times that we all are in situations where we have to leave some stuff in the car. We have done it a few times on vacation when we just were too tired from a long drive to take every single thing into the hotel just to pile it all back in the car early the next morning to head out on the road again. We take in what is expensive and our must haves, but some things stay in the car and we cross our fingers. AND I am saying this as someone whose dad's car was stolen, first hubby's jeep was stolen and my folks garage was broken into and all the power tools were taken! So even though I know what can happen sometimes we just have some faith that all will be OK. It is hard to spend everyday thinking about what bad thing someone might do to you.

Oh, and when I was a young teen we were on a family trip and our car broke down in Ohio. We were in the freaking car repair shop the whole damn day! BORING!!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 4:40 pm

Don't ya just hate mechanics? We sure need them sometimes though.

I'm still in Arizona until Saturday. It's been HOT down here, but it's better than dreary, cool, Seattle in May! I'm sure we've had some nice days while I've been gone though, it's not all bad!

Woke up this morning and looked out into the backyard and saw two ducks, relaxing by the pool then swimming in the pool and just really enjoying their stay! At one point, I'm sure they mated, can't say for sure, since I've never seen how ducks 'do it'!!! I'm pretty positive. They lolled around the pool some more, then we finally shooed them away!! I must say it looked a little odd to see ducks in the pool! Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 5:55 pm

I just got visions of two ducks floating on their backs puffing on cigarettes! Razz

Glad you checked in Sky!! Bet you are having a wonderful time! Have you heard from your son? If DIL is anything like me she's been calling every night and morning to talk to her kids! That is what I always did when hubby and I went on little getaways. My head could never really get away from the kids (which bugged the crap out of my hubby Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 9:53 pm

firecracker wrote:
I just got visions of two ducks floating on their backs puffing on cigarettes! Razz

Glad you checked in Sky!! Bet you are having a wonderful time! Have you heard from your son? If DIL is anything like me she's been calling every night and morning to talk to her kids! That is what I always did when hubby and I went on little getaways. My head could never really get away from the kids (which bugged the crap out of my hubby Laughing )

Laughing The male actually did a little dance/like walking across the water!!!

I am having a wonderful time....now.....last Monday the granddaughter got the flu or something and spent the whole night and next day throwing up! Not fun............but now everything is back to normal!

DIL? She is having a lot of fun as is my son. They have called a couple of times. They aren't concerned, they know the kids are doing very well. Actually, my son is a stay at home Dad! I am so very proud of him.....he has done a wonderful job! There are times, I wish the DIL would take a more active role............... scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: