Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+9
Janice
Sky
Green Eyez
firecracker
Luca
abrahammy
FrankiePants
austin
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 10:26 am

FC, like I said, he comes across really good in interviews. Nice, shy, sweet. The nice GB he always tried to make himself look like when he was on Idol.

I remember being shocked and totally not believing any of the stories I was hearing when the first came out. I bought what he was selling. That he was just playing at the whole rocker thing, but deep down he was just this sweet guy who does plays. He ws that convincing.

It took repeated stories of displaying his true colors for me to actually let it sink in. I was so dissillusioned. I was mad about him. I don't know if you remember, but back in my extreme fangirl days when he was on Idol, I went and brought him roses to the AI offices (I was actually IN the production office and saw the hair and make-up room and said hi to Scott Savol). I went and purchased make up for him! I spent so much time and energy on this guy who presented himself like the one you see in interviews. I can't believe I cried for him when he got booted. Like, for days. I was seriously wondering what was wrong with me.

So, yeah, I know what you're talking about. It's hard to reconcile the guy we know from the one he presents in interviews. Unfortunately, there are still women who think he is that guy. I still can't believe there are people that deluded.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 10:44 am

Wow, you sure did have it bad. So sorry you had to go thru all that. I can't imagine how I would feel if I found out Clay was just a big phony and really a creep. I would be heartbroken as I can only imagine you were. Funny how invested we can get with reality show contestants. I have never been like this for any other type of star - not even as a teen! It's a strange phenomenon Shocked

How cool though that you got to be in the AI offices! That must have been fun! I do remember reading about someone giving GB make-up. I didn't know it was you!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 11:21 am

FC, it was heartbreaking. For shits and giggles, I decided to bring over some of my earlier TwoP postings. Some are musings about Idol in general, others are total fangirl postings, so you can see how big of a turn-around I've had.

If you are not from the South (or associated with it or have a cute little drawl), you will not win.

If Simon looks off to the side (especially after glow-y comments from Randy/Paula), pauses, looks down and then says, "if I'm being completely honest..." you'll be running into Ryan's arms for safety.

If Randy and/or Paula say, "you were havin' a good time out there, weren't you?" you're not going to like what's coming next.

If Paula points out what a big fanbase you have to make them cheer over a comment that's as bad as a Paula comment can get (you didn't pick the best song for you, but look how many people love you!) it's never good.

If Simon compares you to a Waiter/Lounge Singer/Broadway singer, start packing your bags.

They will always say the current year's singers are MUCH better than previous years.

If I LOVE you, I'm headed for heartbreak. Especially if I delivered flowers the very day you were eliminated

I think I have the 8th place curse as well.

I never even HAD sex goggles! He won me over with his PERFORMANCE of I Can't Make You Love Me. If you want the truth, I loved Bo at this point and couldn't wait for his performance. He didn't "do it" for me that night. Con did. I had liked him, but this performance totally brought me to the other side! My Funny Valentine sealed the deal. That was the one that made me realize he was a damn sex god. So, performance first, hot sexy man second.

So, I hope that answers your question.

ETA: Con fans are the fucking smartest fans on the planet.

(could I have BEEN more wrong about this? Seriously. I'm willing to take the heat for making the least accurate statement EVER - present company exclusded, of course)
I've said it before, and I'll say it again ('cause I like to be right - it's my favorite thing). After I sat Shiva (mourning) for Con, I realized that his leaving at the time he did was the best thing for him. It was, indeed, "the most shocking elimination EVER" and he's not as wrapped-up in the AI machine.

He's smart and so are the people around him. He's not sitting on his ass and knows how to keep momentum and buzz going.
(WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!)

I'm a very happy Constantine fan.

Oh, and yes, I remember saying, "I kinda like that Constantine guy". I don't know if I thought he was totally hot, but he intrigued me. For me, when I start out intrigued, it usually means I fall pretty hard at a later date. Like "I shouldn't...and yet...it feels so right!"
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 11:21 am

The story of "the roses"

Hey guys!

OMG! OK, where do I begin? How about at the beginning?

Bon and I met up and drove over to the studio together. She drove up to the gate and told them we had a delivery for the American Idol production offices. They give her a parking pass and let us drive on. How did we just do that?

We get in there and can't believe we got in. Bon nearly parks in Ken Warwick's parking spot. She pulled out really quick! Then we look over and see the parking spots for Simon, Randy and Paula. OK, obviously we're very very close!

We go in where there's a security lady behind a sliding window. We're figuring, OK, this is where the journey ends. While she's talking to them, I look over and see the American Idol schedule and see that they're picked up at 9:30 and are there by 10:00 a.m. So now I know he's already there! SQUEEE!!! THEN the security lady and another kinda cute guy direct us upstairs. We get in the elevator and get off on the second floor and HOLY SHIT but this all looks very familiar. When they're doing interviews with the judges after the show and stuff. We're there. I look up and see a sign. "Hair and Make up". I'm freaking out and almost wander off in that direction, but Bon directs me to where we need to go.

I start to walk into the correct suite and immediately back up! We can't be in the right place. OK, so there's a room full of guys to the left looking at a bunch of monitors. Looks like for the stage, etc. I double-check the suite number and we go bravely in. Poor Bon couldn't even see past the roses. Finally I see the reception desk. Bon tells them we have a delivery for Constantine Maroulis to which the receptionist replies, "another one???". Suddenly we're surrounded by the guys who were in the monitor room. Simon Lythgoe is saying, "oh, if it's for Simon, I'm a Simon!". Everyone is blown away by the arrangement. IT'S HUGE!. I put down the little bag I was carrying with the make-up.

Bon makes it totally like we're delivering it and we're from the florist shop. Even shows them the card. The bodyguard (seen with Con in the Stalkerazzi pictures) was there and guaranteed he'd get them and told us about the whole rose in the pocket thing. Bon's saying, "oh really? Was that from the fans?" Seriously, girlfriend needs to take up acting. I ask her if she remembered to put the postage on the padded envelope for him to send the disposable camera back. She didn't, so I'm sitting on the floor, hands shaking, trying to find the book of stamps I thought I had in my purse. I pull out everything, finally find them, and start pressing stamps willy-nilly on the envelope. I probably covered the thing in them. It was hard to stop. I was so busy doing this, I didn't see THE purple couch! Damn! Bon said it was decorated really cool.

I finally get up and we ask to make sure that he sees the camera and takes pictures. Bon is all, "I know they wanted him to do that. They'll be really happy if he does." Bon? Acadamy fucking Award, OK? They say he'll be busy for hours, but she explains that "they" just want him to send it back.

I did write the card (and added the "so") and also wrote a note that we'd appreciate it if he took pictures with the bouquet and send the disposable camera back in the enclosed envelope.

So, we're walking out and I look to my left down the hall. Holy shit. There's Scott Savol. Bon's booking it for the elevator and now that I know where the damn contestants are I wanted to wander a bit. Too late. I actually was in such damn fangirly mode, I waved and said hi. So did Bon. He smiled waved and said hi back. All nice and respectful.

HE WAS 5 FEET AWAY AND WE TOTALLY WIMPED OUT AND BOOKED FOR THE ELEVATOR!!! ARRRRGGGH!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 11:40 am

Wow, what a story! What an experience! Thanks for sharing everything. I love you Your TWOP comments are nothing to be ashamed of. You spoke from your heart. I think you put your feelings into words so well.

So you know Bon? Whatever became of her? She dropped off GS like a hot potato!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 2:21 pm

FC, Bon and I were actually friends. She purchased the roses while me and another girl (who also dropped off the face of the planet) went for the make-up.

The people on GS delivered a wedding gift to her which she had me thank them for. I sent her one separately with another former GS'r and never ever got a thank you.

She was supposed to go to the AI concert and even purchased a bunch of tickets for us. Then she totally bailed. This was about the time he lost his mojo on her and she just left the fandom completely.

She had me log in as her (she was a moderator or maybe even an administrator) to get messages and then I actually gave her goodbye message. The woman who owned the board wrote me and basically screamed at me via email.

Then I never heard from her again.

Yes, I was a total fangirl speaking from the heart. I really do feel like I was totally deluded and I look at him now and think that I must have had the biggest brain fart of my life. He just isn't an attractive man. They were playing his music when he was on Good Day L.A. and I was listening to his voice and wondering how I ever thought he had a good voice or was interesting in any way.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 3:36 pm

Thanks for all the info. Too bad Bon did not show you proper appreciation for you kindness. Some people are too self absorbed I fear. Also, she really should not have put you in that awkward position regarding the PMs. When you say that the owner of the board yelled at you, do you mean CC? The first owner of GS? You know it is so weird. Some people from Con fandom who have met CC have some nasty, nasty things to say about her. Ladies who know her from Clay fandom ADORE her! I kid you not. She is so loved at The Clack House. I know she left GS long ago. So did Penny Lane. I think Casey65 is mostly gone too. So many from the beginning are gone. Hey, don't feel bad, we all suffered from the same delusions you did!

My mom was a Con fan during AI4. She loved Carrie too. Anyway, she watched B&B today. She called me up and said "I bet the girl who plays Phoebe thinks she is the luckiest actress because she gets to hug Constantine" Rolling Eyes I have never told my mom one thing I have read about him. I let her keep her image of him. I felt like saying "I bet the actress who plays Phoebe takes a lot of showers now!"
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 4:03 pm

The girl who plays Phoebe probably goes into one of those things in prison where they sterilize you.

Yes, CC was the one who yelled at me. If she got mad at someone on the board, she would go off on them so horribly. As the owner of the board, you would think she'd try to temper that a bit or at least do it in private.

Penny left before Bon did. I think Bon started to get a bad rap before she left. I think she had a pattern of starting things and being really excited about them, and then just dropping them completely when she lost interest. I don't think either of them handled things like an adult.

As in some other situations I've been in, I get caught in the middle and become the villain. On big boards like that there is almost always a point where the owners/moderators go in entirely different directions and splinter off into different boards. Most of the GS women who finally FINALLY got their wits about them, did leave. When they were treated like shit by GB directy (repeatedly) they finally had to face facts. The only women who still love him beyond reason are the ones who have not had personal contact with him or have severe self-esteem issues.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 5:16 pm

Green Eyez wrote:
Quote :
If you had told me a couple of years ago that I'd hear "Constantine is coming up" and get physically ill at the mention of his name and actually want to change the channel, I would have said you were crazy!

EDIT: I couldn't watch him. They showed him in the green room and his big fat ugly talentless face filled my screen and I got sick and shut it off. Watched a "Criminal Minds" I dv-r'd and saw some truly handsome men with talent and it washed that vision right outta my head.
I nearly fell off my chair laughing when I read this!!! Laughing I also get ill when I see him and can barely stand to watch him do anything. I prefer to avoid him like the plague. He nauseates me too. Smarmy mutha. Rolling Eyes

I have definitely seen him on camera and in print interviews when he comes off like a complete ass. Village Voice anyone??? Sometimes he can pull off the cutesey greekboy act I know what you both are saying, but now I can detect the canned phonyness of his "act" most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 9:39 pm

OK, addendum: if there's an actual "reporter" who follows him around in his real life, he hasn't come off good yet. It's only the short interviews in front of the camera where he comes off well. Unfortunately, it's the same shtick he's been doing since forever and none of it seems at all real to me, just like with you.

Oh, and also? I delivered those flowers on BLACK WEDNESDAY. How awesome is that? At the time I was devastated, but now I'm kinda hoping I totally cursed him.

To his credit, he did send Bon a handwritten note.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 5:19 am

Poor Baby V Sad

Quote :
FORT MYERS: A fire destroyed the home of American Idol finalist Vonzell Solomon late Thursday night.

Firefighters say it was an incredibly strong fire - and there wasn't a fire hydrant near the house. Crews had to lay 1,500 feet of hose to get to the nearest hydrant.

"That's a heavy line to lay in a quick pattern and easy pattern, get it hooked up is quite a skill," said Christie Knudson of the South Trail Fire Department.

Firefighters were able to put it out in about 15 minutes, but that was plenty of time for it to leave heavy damage.

"We believe the fire was contained to the bedroom but… the fire did go through the roof," Knudson said.

Solomon, also known as "Baby V," was not at the home on Church Street, just south of Colonial, when the fire started around 11:30 p.m. Neighbors say she arrived shortly after.

They say she spent the evening recovering in the house across the street.

Source: http://www.nbc-2.com
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 7:29 pm

Sky, what's up with JD?? Is there trouble in paradise?? I can't believe JD would want to change the band's name?

Quote :
JD wants INXS name change

May 25, 2007 12:00

NEW INXS frontman JD Fortune is reported to be in dispute with his bandmates after trying to change the name of the rock legends.

JD became the new frontman after winning the 2005 talent show Rock Star: INXS.

According to overseas web reports, the Canadian, who claimed Australia as his own after taking over the stage with INXS, wanted the band to revert to its original name of Farriss Brothers, after band member brothers Tim, Jon and Andrew Farriss.

Tim explained to Billboard: "He came up with the idea to call the band Farriss Brothers and went around telling everybody. Hello, he's been in the band for five minutes and already he's changing the name."

Bassist Garry Gary Beers and guitarist Kirk Pengilly vetoed the idea.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 8:31 pm

That is so old news! I am surprised it has come around again. JD was joking quite a while back. I'm not sure why this has surfaced again. INXS is fine...in fact they are on tour in Europe now. There is word that JD will do a solo CD but INXS will also be putting out a CD!

firecracker wrote:
Sky, what's up with JD?? Is there trouble in paradise?? I can't believe JD would want to change the band's name?

Quote :
JD wants INXS name change

May 25, 2007 12:00

NEW INXS frontman JD Fortune is reported to be in dispute with his bandmates after trying to change the name of the rock legends.

JD became the new frontman after winning the 2005 talent show Rock Star: INXS.

According to overseas web reports, the Canadian, who claimed Australia as his own after taking over the stage with INXS, wanted the band to revert to its original name of Farriss Brothers, after band member brothers Tim, Jon and Andrew Farriss.

Tim explained to Billboard: "He came up with the idea to call the band Farriss Brothers and went around telling everybody. Hello, he's been in the band for five minutes and already he's changing the name."

Bassist Garry Gary Beers and guitarist Kirk Pengilly vetoed the idea.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 8:42 pm

Oh thank goodness!! I was worried. I know JD was so happy and thrilled to be with INXS and they all seemed to really love each other that I feared something happened. I don't follow him like I used to, but I still think he is an amazing performer and one of the most gorgeous men to ever walk the planet, so I sure do want him to be happy!

I cannot wait for a solo CD from JD! Please let me know any details you find out about when it is coming out. Has he had any time to work on it? Seems like they have been touring non stop for two years!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 7:06 pm

Elliott got a nice sales boost from his AI appearance!

Quote :
For the w/e May 20, 2007, Elliot enters the Top 20 on the back of his Idol appearance with 130% increase in sales:

20 67 09 Elliott Yamin, Elliott Yamin 25,380 10,764 136 217,040
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 8:28 pm

Yay Elliott! I read that Circuit City has his CD for only $8.99 this weekend, so this might be the time to finally pick it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 9:06 pm

That's a great price! You won't be sorry!
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 10:56 am

Elliott is a doll and the CD is FABU and not usually what I like but I love me some Yamin!

Daughtry was adorable on Ellen. Did anybody watch? I FLOVE him. Did ya''ll know that...like really bad!

Sky, if you haven't seen it Rickey.org has the interview and one song but not the second part which was hilarious. He wore Ellen boxers. Too cute!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 3:06 pm

I just got back home, so I will definitely look for that one, as soon as I get unpacked and resettled in!!! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 3:25 pm

Welcome home Sky!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 6:52 pm

Thank you! It's nice to be on my own computer again! I was sad to leave, especially sad to leave a very sad little girl down there! It is always nice to get back home though. Son and granddaughter will come here in July, so that will be nice.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 7:29 pm

Aw, she didn't want grandma to go? That's sweet, even though I am sure it was hard to walk away from her sad little face. It's so fun to travel, but it is always great to get back home! That's why I have a laptop, so I can take it everywhere with me!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 8:14 pm

HA! We just bought a laptop while we were gone.....so next time.....it will be nice. However, down there, he didn't have another slot on his router for us to connect to, and no wireless there either. I'm going to Nova Scotia in August and I'm tempted to bring it with me, especially for that long flight!

No, she did not want us to go. She is such a sweetheart. I just reassured her we will see her in a couple of months and we'll do all kinds of fun stuff together.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 5:02 am

Just read Elliott's latest myspace blog. The 2nd half of his tour will bring him to Austin. Yay! The USO wants to send him around the world Thanksgiving time. Including IRAQ! Don't go Elliott!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 2:14 pm

One of the latest pics of JD/INXS at a recent concert. This guy just can't be any more beautiful!!!

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 WENTWORTHSMILE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next