Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+9
Janice
Sky
Green Eyez
firecracker
Luca
abrahammy
FrankiePants
austin
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 7:19 am

I will say, with a certain grim amusement, that a fellow fan whom I actually like quite a lot came up to me and said "He was so nice to you! Don't ever post anything negative about him after he was so nice to you!"

I kind of looked at her calmly and did not reply, but in my head I was thinking, "Um, I think I was really nice about it!"

Austin won't post that story in Confanland, and I don't blame her!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 7:31 am

Yes, YOU were the nice one! I can't believe someone told you NOT to post anything negative again... oh wait, yes I can! Rolling Eyes

Aw, too bad Austin can't tell her cute story of wet Con and kisses to GS! Do you think they WILL think she stalked him? Suspect Or is there some other reason not to share the story with them? Maybe they would ask too many hard questions like how many chest hairs did he have? Razz
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 9:57 am

I'm sure his actions are not something he thought a lot about . You want to know why? Because he can do anything he damn well pleases and the die hard delusionals still excuse him.My therory is he has never been called down for his obnoxious behavoir. and that is why he still does it. I absolutely do not think his talent outweighs his behavior.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 10:19 am

Total WORD Aerwin! cheers
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 11:05 am

abrahammy! I head that girl say that to you! I thought, "is she KIDDING?"

I actually was going to tell someone they could post the elevator action story if they wanted (if I did it, I would get grief, no doubt.)

Oh, for the hell of it, I told Vicky about it after Sunday's show. You know what she asked me? Do you KNOW what this girl asked me????
"Did you get contraband?" Did she f'n think I was going to whip out a camera in the elevator and start snapping away??? I'M not a paparazzi! And no matter the many mixed feelings I have about him, to me he was just a person coming back from the pool whom I was chatting with. I'm going to start taking his PICTURE when he's "off-duty?" I don't think so.

Has anyone heard of boundaries? I guess I'll assume she was kidding.

I was in that hotel because of my friends, NOT from stalking him or from figuring out where he was and I wasn't going to take advantage of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 11:37 am

If by Vicky you mean Vickylyn I think she is obsessed. I really do. I'm not being mean or anything and I am not saying she is dangerous or anything, but man Con is like her full time job! I will giver her the benefit of the doubt and say she HAD to be kidding, because that would have been quite rude to do to him.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 11:44 am

No, she's not Vicklyn, she's Vicky and she IS obsessed. She is the librarian from Seattle.

Read this quote from someone else at GS:

"He's a saint among men after what I saw today. Pure joy."

- the people who really KNOW him would NEVER say anything like this. I mean, how many people would say it about ANYBODY?

I mean I just don't see it and even when I was a little obsessed, I never saw that. He's just a person, dammit.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 12:55 pm

He's a saint among men!! affraid Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! lol! Razz Razz Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 5:36 pm

A librarian from Seattle? Laughing

I really don't have too much to add to all this.....I never really followed C after he left the show, while he was there he was nice eye candy though........I love reading all the posts and happenings. Laughing I am glad we have a site where everyone can say what they want to say. Sounds as though the weekend went fine. At some fan boards, I'm almost shocked at how stalkerish some fans can be. One gal on a site for JD spent the night taking pictures at a concert and since he was right in front of her, they were crotch pictures................. Now what's the point? Well, granted the crotch is right there, but still......she almost viewed the whole concert through her camera.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 5:54 pm

Quote :
"He's a saint among men after what I saw today. Pure joy."

Shocked

Yeah, I saw that. Look, I really enjoy watching the guy perform and I am glad I resolved my conflict with him, but I think even he would find the description "A saint among men" to be completely inappropriate.

If he takes a vow of chastity, gives all his earthly belongings to the poor, writes a personal apology to every person he ever snapped at, and then goes off to work in a food kitchen with his new monastic order, get back to me on that saint stuff.
Quote :

Do you KNOW what this girl asked me????
"Did you get contraband?"

Thank you for not supplying contraband. I'm sure Constantine thanks you, too.
Quote :

My therory is he has never been called down for his obnoxious behavoir. and that is why he still does it.

Oh, heck, he gets called down for his behavior all the time. He got ridden out of Betty on a rail. Heck, he was mad at ME because I fussed about his behavior. He just seems to have decided that his response to being called down is to give the finger, so that doesn't work. My theory is that he still does it because he doesn't have the interpersonal skills to handle these things another way. He's very immature.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 7:12 pm

Quote :
"abrahammy"
Quote :

Do you KNOW what this girl asked me????
"Did you get contraband?"

Quote :
Thank you for not supplying contraband. I'm sure Constantine thanks you, too.

Well, I didn't have a camera with me. No, the thought wouldn't have entered my head to start snapping away anyway. How invasive. It was like running into an acquaintance and saying hi. Like I said, he was "off duty" and was going about his private life and we just happened to intersect. It wasn't like it was Johnny Depp for goodness sake. Then I would have asked someone to take a picture of us together (maybe).
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 7:21 pm

Ha - if I got into an elevator and Johnny Depp walked in I wouldn't have been able to move let alone take a pic Razz
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 6:02 am

Well, I am now fairly sure that Constantine is a "saint among men" for one of two reasons:

Either it's because, when handed a baby, he makes goo goo eyes and soothing sounds and cuddles and plays with it, or...

Because he was very nice and pleasant to me.

So he's a candidate for sainthood because he behaved in an appropriate, decent manner on two counts. Excuse me while I get my temper under control.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 6:12 am

Constantine is a saint among men because when we were in the elevator together he didn't jump my bones, so he must have tremendous self-control which, to me, is quite indicative of a saint.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 6:19 am

Quote :
Oh, heck, he gets called down for his behavior all the time.
Oh really? I think he acts like an ass and then people still pay to see him. He knows that. Plus there are some that defend him no matter what. I just don't get it. Like I said before his talent does not outweigh his behavior. I actually heard that some people said they respected him more after his little tirade last week. The defense of him over and over is even more disgusting to me than his behavior. He's never said anything to me directly because I left a long time ago because of the way he acts towards others. But it would only take one time.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 6:33 am

ROFL! I just figured out another way to deal with the Saint Among Men thing. I am going to write to the Vatican and apply for Sainthood. I can just see it now: Greekboy and Abrahammy, Twin Martyrs of the Commonplace Reconciliation.

Then we can add Blessed Mother Austin Who Did Not Get Contraband.

lol!
Quote :

Oh really? I think he acts like an ass and then people still pay to see him.

Well, that's not quite the same as never getting fussed at for being a jerk. Half of Hollywood acts like asses and then people still pay to see them. Now, what has happened is that having little temper tantrums has not completely destroyed his professional career beyond redemption.

I think we will agree to disagree about whether his personal behavior warrants him having no career at all. I would say his career has certainly been impacted by his petulance. It's also been impacted by his tenacity.
Quote :

I actually heard that some people said they respected him more after his little tirade last week.

I think there seem to be some people who cannot stand back and evaluate him objectively because for them, the need for him to be a dream man is so terribly strong. No matter what happens, these girls will spin everything he does in a light that makes them admire him.

One thing I will say about the Britney Spears thing - it has highlighted for me just how warped celebrity makes a lot of people, and I think it may be very good that Constantine did not become a megastar. Having to work hard is probably good for him.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 7:32 am

Well, honestly for me the issue is how he treats his fans. It is one thing to be an ass in one's personal life, but the disrespect for one's fans who allow him/her to make a living in the biz, who support you through thick and thin is another. I don't care for Tom Cruise's ideas about a lot of things, but I have seen videos of the man standing outside forever signing autographs and beaming at his fans. Being very gracious to them. So I DO expect that a celeb/star/artist whatever is descent to his supporters. I think the "take a hike and look at your own unhappy lives" was a terrible thing to say to those ladies when all they were doing was expressing concerns over his career. Anyone who says they have more respect for him now than ever is either lying or has completely lost it. Sadly, I think the ladder is more the case.

If all it takes for sainthood is cooing at babies I have been a sent since I was about 4 years old Razz
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 1:36 pm

Hey, if we're putting up Constantine for sainthood, who gets to be "devil's advocate"?

The devil's advocate is the person who has to give testimony as to why the person shouldn't be a saint. It had actually been discontinued but was brought back with the beatification of Mother Theresa. Christopher Hitchens was the lucky person who got to be devil's advocate for her case.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 1:59 pm

Oh me, me!! bounce
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 2:29 pm

The line would be out the door.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 4:24 pm

aerwin wrote:
I'm sure his actions are not something he thought a lot about . You want to know why? Because he can do anything he damn well pleases and the die hard delusionals still excuse him.My therory is he has never been called down for his obnoxious behavoir. and that is why he still does it. I absolutely do not think his talent outweighs his behavior.

Quote :
It is one thing to be an ass in one's personal life, but the disrespect for one's fans who allow him/her to make a living in the biz, who support you through thick and thin is another. I don't care for Tom Cruise's ideas about a lot of things, but I have seen videos of the man standing outside forever signing autographs and beaming at his fans. Being very gracious to them. So I DO expect that a celeb/star/artist whatever is descent to his supporters. I think the "take a hike and look at your own unhappy lives" was a terrible thing to say to those ladies when all they were doing was expressing concerns over his career. Anyone who says they have more respect for him now than ever is either lying or has completely lost it. Sadly, I think the ladder is more the case.

YES! A thousand times YES!

Look, we've all had to separate some asshole singer or actor's behavior from wanting to buy a ticket to his concert or movie. We'll hear about Charlie Sheen and how he cheats on his wife, or Tom Cruise being nutty as a fruitcake. That's fine. Whatthefuckever.

The problem I have with C and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'll repeat yet again, is that he's rude to the very people who buy his albums and tickets to his concerts, INDIVIDUALLY. He goes on his own freakin' message boards and throws tantrums and his mommies delete his tantrums so that others can live under the delusion that he's a good boy.

Even when they do read it, there's always the sense that it was THE OTHER PERSON'S FAULT. Always.

I don't mind that an actor sleeps around. I would mind it if I found out he was trolling his own message boards looking for women to fuck (I can't say "sleep with" or "make love to" because that's not what he does).

Supporting a man who does this. Making excuses for a man who does this. It means he will continue the behavior. YES! Some people do call him on his shit, but when there are still people saying that because he was nice to them for 5 minutes (I'm sure even serial killers are nice to SOMEBODY at SOME TIME) that he must be a good person, and defend him publicly, means that he truly believes his behavior is just fine. If people keep telling him that he's not the problem, but indeed it's the person he just unleashed his wrath upon for merely stating an opinion, is so delusional, it's hard for me to even fathom it.

So, yeah, I can separate an actor/singer/whatever from his behavior if he's just plain kooky or a shmuck. When you molest young boys, I will not support you. When you are anti-semitic and against stem cell research, I will not support you. When you troll your own message boards to hook up with your fans or yell at them individually for having an opinion, I will not support you.

He will never learn his lesson as long as he cannot achieve any level of humility. He will not achieve a level of humility until everyone turns his back on him and someone who's opinion he respects tells him to cut it the fuck out.

In the same way a guy who is mildly attractive can become very attractive with an awesome personality, if a guy I found sexy or attractive exhibits only disrespect for himself and his fans ON A PERSONAL LEVEL, he gets so unattractive to the extent I am nauseated looking at him.

What got me from fangirl to him giving me an overactive gag reflex is not just some bad behavior which I can totally handle. I think Colin Farrell HELLA sexy. It's the utter disregard for the people who support him. If he cannot appreciate the support I would give him, why give it to him? That makes no sense to me.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 5:45 am

What can I say GE? It's hard to argue with any of it.

I had something happen yesterday afternoon that made me wish I had never been involved with any of it (not the first time). Someone who is not a friend, just an acquaintance, called me up and started giving me crap about a friend of mine, wanting to know why she posted something about her on another board. This was right before I had to be in class. Ruined my lovely afternoon. So I had to get involved in that drama last night. I don't want the drama anymore!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 6:14 am

Oh good grief! That fandom is sure full of 12 year olds Rolling Eyes She shouldn't have called you and ruined your day like that. Sorry that happened. Hey, at least that fandom gave you US!! Laughing We're here for you!

Hope today is a better day for you! flower I love you
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 6:45 am

In other Idol news, according to Rickey's site, the Fox Reality Show Awards were taped in LA last night. The winner of the award for favorite reality contestant is Sanjaya Malakar. (Although there are conflicting reports; some say he won for Favorite Loser instead.)

We will know for sure on October 13, when it airs. We do know for sure that he both sang at the event and presented the award for Best Fight.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 8:05 am

Lord Austin The sad thing is some people think all that matters is GB and a message board about GB. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next