Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+9
Janice
Sky
Green Eyez
firecracker
Luca
abrahammy
FrankiePants
austin
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 10:15 pm

Well, as soaps go...the acting is pretty bad in this one. I prefer over the top over acting to this boring, non-acting...

It almost makes me miss Ericka Kane...and over the top is her middle name! Just to watch her go overboard was at least slightly entertaining.

I have to say though...what a great opportunity for Constantine. He gets to showcase his shitty songs and his marginal acting all at the same gig!
And reach millions of his target audience in the process!

He isn't going to be poor, if he can stay on the show for a few years...he will be very comfortable.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 10:29 pm

Quote :
Well, as soaps go...the acting is pretty bad in this one. I prefer over the top over acting to this boring, non-acting...

That's OK, it goes with the bad script.
Quote :

I have to say though...what a great opportunity for Constantine. He gets to showcase his shitty songs and his marginal acting all at the same gig!

He isn't going to be poor, if he can stay on the show for a few years...he will be very comfortable.

Well, I think the question is whether or not the character will stay. If it's just a three month gig, he may be gone in time for his exciting international five star tour of Greek food festivals and state fairs.

Hey, I like Greek food festivals and state fairs. Good times, good times. But yeah. He's working. As awful as this show is, his career is probably in the best shape it's been since he blew his AI buzz. Working is a good thing. Beats... whatever it is Corey Clark's doing at the moment.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 9:13 am

Honestly, the acting is so bad on this show that Con comes across as one of the better ones!! NOW, if only he would fix his hair!!

I didn't get to watch yesterday as I was out all day. I don't know if he was on. I will try to catch it today.

That's so funny Luca, because Erica Kane is the reason I stopped watching All My Children. I could not stomach the character or the actress because of the OTT. I have heard that Susan Lucci is very nice in RL, but whenever I have seen her interviewed she just seems like Erica to me.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 12:24 am

Quote :

HA! Yes! All hundred of his fans!!!

I wish I could watch it to see her bad acting, but I can't look at his mug for anything more than 10 seconds. He'd better enjoy this moment right here. To quote a movie, this is as good as it gets.

Hopefully he won't blow ALL his soap money on pot. Abrahammy is right. This is a one-dimensional character cashing in on whatever AI familiarity he has left. I mean, they named the character CONSTANTINE.

Bon Voyagee, GB! Have fun while it lasts!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:24 am

I have to admit, I am covetous of a role where I could money and don't have to bother to be good.

Mind you, it is wonderful to be good, but how relieving to get paid even if you aren't.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 4:18 pm

You know, I'm a fangirl right now for the guy in my icon. Jared Padalecki of Supernatural. He's a fine actor (coming more into his own all the time), but more than that, the stories that keep coming out about him are that he's just the nicest guy on the planet.

He has a long-standing committed relationship. You never hear of him screwing groupies. He recently went to a play his co-star was in and when he was mobbed in the lobby, stopped and posed for pictures with everyone, smiling. He made sure to hug the little girls and just generally be a good guy.

It's really nice to be SUPPORTING and liking someone who actually deserves it, rather than a no-good manwhore with absolutely no real talent.

I agree with you Frazz. It must have been his dream job to get paid for acting, yet not really have to act at all.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 7:16 pm

How funny GE, I'm watching your boyfriend right now as I'm reading your post!! He is a cutie pie and a good actor. I LOVED him on my fave show Gilmore Girls (RIP Sad ) Jensen gives hawt a whole new meaning! LOVE him! AND he got his start on Days Of Our Loves as Eric Brady!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:06 pm

FC, it was the towel scene that totally put me over the top. I went gonzo. It was like Jensen wasn't even there. I mean, I can see he's hot, he just doesn't make my girly parts tingle.

I even put the towel scene on my myspace page.

I'm just so glad he's not a no-talent ass. It's like when you have a bad relationship and then you get into one with a really good guy because now you're more careful and you know what you really want.

If I'm going to put effort into supporting a career, it's going to be for someone who appreciates the support, not someone who craps all over his fans.

FC, I'm glad you can appreciate The Padalecki. He's truly a work of art. I've heard about Mr. GB. I think the word "doughy" was used. Check out my icon. HELLO!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 3:49 pm

OMG! I was changing channels today and B&B was on and the scene was with Missy Blonde-really-cannot-act, Mr.-Blonde-Really-Cannot-Act...and Slimeball Sleazy Manwhore. SSM LOOKED AT THE CAMERA!!!!! HE LOOKED DIRECTLY AT THE CAMERA!!! HE TRULY CANNOT HELP HIMSELF!!!!

The amount of time it takes for that blonde "actress" to spit out a line, I've already contemplated at least 3 methods of suicide.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 5:37 pm

I'm still getting over the fact that they are going to duke it out in a singing contest for the right to work with this little twit. I do not recall Constantine looking directly at the camera, but the whole Rick-is-demanding-the-right-to-dictate-her-future angle has me ready to throw heavy things.

And she doesn't sing well enough for this to be credible, anyway. I'm watching out of knee-jerk fandom, combined with the idea I'm about to see a trainwreck. Why are you watching?
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:01 pm

abrahammy wrote:

And she doesn't sing well enough for this to be credible, anyway. I'm watching out of knee-jerk fandom, combined with the idea I'm about to see a trainwreck. Why are you watching?

I was changing the channel and had to admit it was like rubber-necking or putting your tongue directly on that sore in your mouth and making it hurt more.

Right when she's EXPLAINING the complicated plot (which, by the way is the awesome thing about soap operas. You can come in having no knowledge of anything that's going on and be up-to-speed in a few moments due to every actor EXPOSITING about everything that's led up to that moment! - one comedian said you tune in and somebody has a gun to someone else and they say "I'm going to kill you..." you tune in a month later..."...slowly") and I think it was in the middle of her explanation, when they go to him for a reaction shot, he looks in the camera for just a second, but it's there. Then he does his FANTASTIC default - the pursed-lips thing.

I don't know how any of you guys can watch this. He's dreck. The other actors are dreck. It's boring as shit. We all know who's going to win this very important contest for this woman who has no charisma or sex appeal whatsoever. Pretty only gets you so far. Is she screwing the director?
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:18 pm

I apologize for this, but here goes anyway...

Fantasia Barrino, the "American Idol" winner who performed on the Parkway with

Lionel Richie last July 4, apparently wears some rather intimate jewelry.

Fantasia, now starring in "The Color Purple" on Broadway, used some down time Thursday at New York's Unimax, a tattoo- and piercing-supply company where she had the jewelry in her clitoral piercing changed. She tipped $10 for the free service and was very friendly to staff, our spy reports.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:32 pm

I SO didn't need to know that. Ever. EVER. I don't want to know about any other woman's clitoris, unless one of my friends here is having a medical problem and needs some help.

On that note: If you ever hear of scumbag manwhore getting his not-so-impressive pee-pee pierced, please just giggle to yourself and repress the need to share.

HOWEVER, if you hear of The Padelecki getting any sort of anything on any part of his body, bring it on over.

This has been a public service announcement,
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:35 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As always I missed the B&B! Can you believe the daycare kids clogged up not one but TWO freakin' toilets today!!!!!!!!!!!! So I was plunging and missed it.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:59 pm

FC, look into the DV-R. Sounds like you need something to lessen your stress.

This way, once the plunging is done and you need a good laugh, you can watch over and over his reaction shots. He's not playing a character. He's totally playing himself, down to using the name "baby" when talking to a woman. Ugh.

On another note, I had made a signature and was wondering why it hadn't come up. I just realized that I didn't check off the thingie to show my siggie. Oy, and I call myself a techie goddess.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 10:57 pm

FC - you can get the clips of B&B off Rickey.org. It's B&B with only the Con storyline so we can do it in five minutes or less, hassle-free. And yes, I freely agree that it's dreck. I also agree that the girl is totally not worth the drama. She's an idiot. Rick's a Neanderthal. Constantine needs to have his hearing checked if he think she sounds good.

Actually, I don't know who is going to win the competition. On the one hand, Rick's the boyfriend, he's the main romantic lead and Constantine is a temporary character. The guy who plays Rick said in a recent interview that Rick's love for Phoebe was real, that he knew what was going on with Constantine and was going to put a stop to it - which suggests that Rick wins.

On the other hand, Rick's trying to control Phoebe's life against her will and he's keeping Ashley a secret while attacking Constantine. And if Constantine loses the contest while singing a duet version of the single he came on to the show to promote.... Rolling Eyes

Doesn't seem to make much sense. Actually, the whole story really does blow.

Re: the Fantasia anecdote. Isn't it a shame her Idol coronation song wasn't "Inside Your Heaven?"
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:00 am

Thanks abrahammy. I usually get the You Tube links at The Clack House. Vickilyn puts them in the Constantine thread. I saw the video shoot clips too.

The good - I think the video looks interesting. I look forward to seeing how that turns out.

The bad - THE HAIR! Buy a freaking comb!! I think his hair looked horrid on yesterday's B&B. He looks like he just got out of bed - and not in a good way.

I didn't see him look right at the camera either. I saw him roll his eyes and come close. I'd watch again to make sure, but I can't watch Rick and Feebs again No They are horrid. I don't think Constantine is any worse, and he is actually better than them IMO. That said, you couldn't pay me to watch soaps again if they are all this bad Rolling Eyes

ETA: Not only is the "contest" stupid, but the fact that Rick is forcing her to make a choice about HER career just makes me want to snack him all the more Twisted Evil Can you believe the TV Guide guy said Rick was the best actor on the B&B?? Good lord, how bad must the other scenes be on that show affraid
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 11:19 am

Quote :
ETA: Not only is the "contest" stupid, but the fact that Rick is forcing her to make a choice about HER career just makes me want to snack him all the more Can you believe the TV Guide guy said Rick was the best actor on the B&B?? Good lord, how bad must the other scenes be on that show

Seriously, you could put a light piece of wood in for him and nobody woulod know the difference.

Then put a blonde wig and a vacant expression on another piece of wood, and you'll have the girl.

Then get a rotten, termite-infested...nevermind.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:25 pm

HaHa GE, I noticed when you quoted me I accidentally typed that I wanted to snack him instead of smack him affraid I DO NOT want to SNACK him!!!!! I guess now I know what people mean when the say "the acting was wooden" Razz I have visions of all the characters on that show as trees with eyes, etc. like in The Wizard of OZ! Ridge would have to be a plastic tree though Razz

I missed it again today! My mom called and said "that Greek AI guy is on again - I can never remember his name!" It's true. Even though she really liked him when he was on AI, she just cannot remember his name. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:33 pm

Of course you don't want to snack him! He probably tastes like a rice cake...or a piece of wood! All those splinters in your tongue!

I watched General Hospital in its heyday. Luke and Laura. Rick Springfield. Thems were the good old days. Some real-type actors actually came from soaps! Meg Ryan did, I know.

Now, it's very rare people can break free from a soap and I can see why. The "acting" is horrendous. More and more, people are chosen solely based upon looks and nothing else. I mean, Luke was cute back in the day, but he wouldn't make it now. I know, he's back on soaps now that he's older, but they allow the older people to look not quite so oiled-up. I'm talking about the 20-somethings.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:57 pm

LOVED Luke and Laura!! If ever I were to watch a soap again it would GH for Tony Geary. Man, he has always been something so unique. I think he looks great right now. I really do. Dude is cool! Those Luke and Laura days were really something. What a love story I love you

I saw Rick Springfield in concert after Jessie's Girl Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:11 pm

I think Luke looks great now too! There will never be another time like Luke and Laura. I mean, have you ever heard of anyone talking about a soap opera storyline besides this one? For this long? Even people who never watched a soap know about Luke and Laura. I'm so glad I was there to see it. I think that's why I'm so dismayed to see the stuff now and what it's become. You'd think by now they'd stop with the camera staying on the person for 10 seconds until they go to commercials. It's just so uncomfortable for the actor and the person watching.

I LOVE Rick Springfield. PUH-lease, girl! I saw him up close (touched Mr. Springfield too!) when he did F/X in Vegas. Sigh. Also went to see him in concert a few years ago. He still looks mighty fine.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:36 pm

I'm glad I was a part of Luke and Laura days too! I remember a bunch of us rushing to my mom's house (she lived closest to where we worked) to watch their wedding live! Couldn't just tape and watch later No We had to watch it when it was originally broadcast!! Such excitement over those two. Cover of Time mag! Yep, what an experience.

When we went to see Rick the tweenies never stopped screaming Mad

I am digging your new avi!! Jared, licking, yum Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Thanks FC! A gift from Jared's thread on TwoP. I couldn't stop staring at it and new I had to have it as my avi here where I could stare at him some more.

When I went to see Rick Springfield in his horrible movie, where the only good thing was that you got to see his naked butt, my friend and I could not hear anything because the girls in the theater were screaming.

It's funny, because in his "Behind the Music" he says he did sell out with that movie. That it was a total vanity project and everyone who cared about him begged him not to do it. He basically said he whored himself for the acting, but never in his music. Interesting. Honest.

You know, all would be forgivin if GB would just have a sense of humor about himself like that. It's the fact that he takes himself so seriously that is so bad. You get the feeling he's never having fun with any of this.

Oh, and I'm also a bit fascinated by this picture of JPad. Yikes!

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 JP117
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:41 pm

WHOA, he is so hott!! Can you make your avi a little bigger? Please? kthxbye~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next