Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+9
Janice
Sky
Green Eyez
firecracker
Luca
abrahammy
FrankiePants
austin
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 12:03 am

Goodness gracious he is a jerk.

Abrahammy, a reason to go is merely to find out, a final time, how you feel when dealing with somebody this whacked.

I genuinely want to know what you go through, bit by bit.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 6:36 am

He is a total ass . I would not spend one red penny to even go in the same vicinity as him. The people that take up for him are even more disgusting than he is.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 8:04 am

What kills me is they just carry on at GS like nothing happened. The object of their affection just told them to take a hike and called a long time fellow poster a liar and they just act like all is right with the world. I would forgive Clay a lot, but if he got on a FAN board and told us off and to take a hike I'd be gone so fast his head would spin. THAT is NOT how you treat your devoted and diehard fans. All he wants is for all his fans to bow down and kiss his feet and rave about everything he does. Jeez, you'd think an actor/singer of ALL people could take a little criticism. It seems to go with the territory. If he can't take it he needs to stop reading it! I just can't believe how those ladies just don't even care that he came on THEIR board and did that!

I hope Abrahammy and Austin are having a beautiful day and a fun time!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 8:37 am

I hope they have a fabulous time! I can't imagine why he would want to participate in a fan board for him. I can maybe understand why he would read it, but to post on a regular basis, that just seems odd.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 8:49 am

Well, he is odd geek
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 10:06 am

Odd is a nice way to describe it. How dare he call cetain people out? He is a douchebag. I have been involved with The Cult rock band fandom for years. Occasinally they post and talk to us. And Billy blogs. BUT they always treat their fans with the utmost respect. ALWAYS NICE!Therefore it is pleasant. GB has no room or right to act the total divo he is not. I am sure excuses abound for this as usual. But How ? It has happened numerous times.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 10:43 am

I don't read that particular board, but do participate in a JD Fortune board. I sometimes wonder if he's ever read it......if he has, I doubt whether he would post anything, well maybe a Thank you for the scrapbooks. I even doubt he would do that.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 10:58 am

They can go enjoy the festival and leave before The C~ puke ever gets on the stage. That is what I would do. I'm glad Abrahammy saw your post FC before she went though. Maybe now she will see through whatever squee she had left and be able to look at him with a totally different perspective.

I can't stand the jerk, and I am slightly mortified I ever thought he was all that.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 5:38 pm

True Luca, but I do hope Abrahammy is able to have fun after knowing he called her out like that. Such a jerk.

Sky, JD would NEVER treat fans that way. He is so very appreciative of his fans just like Clay. They both go out of their way to show love for their fans. Clay only posts at his Official Fanclub Board and even then it is in his blog. That is how the smart ones do it. We've know for a few years now Con posting on his fan message boards is nothing but trouble.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 6:58 pm

I know he wouldn't. He also would never post on a fan forum, my god, the word would spread like wildfire! I do wonder if he reads them though. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 11:23 pm

I have learned something very important today. It does not matter that there is a children's area. It does not matter that the place is swarming with kids. It does not matter that the sweet little munchkins danced all over the stage with incredible glee shortly before 9:00. It does not matter that my daughter and I had a magnificent time last year as a twosome.

Greekfest just don't work for me as a family affair. I brought everybody in the family and my oldest was bored and my daughter was tired and the toddler was unruly and we ended up having to leave in the middle of Sister Sister. So there was no epic heart to heart burying of the hatchet between Abrah and Greekboy.

I will say that he was in fine voice and was performing very well, but I had a lot of distractions - some of which were provided by my family - and had a hard time focusing properly. It's hard to settle down and really enjoy the songs when you keep hearing "Take a hike" in your head.

This did not go very well. Austin, it was great to see you.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 1:03 am

Abrahammy, "Take a hike" is so sweet!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 6:52 am

"Take a Hike" is just one of his many flavors! Rolling Eyes He is so human Rolling Eyes He is just adorable Rolling Eyes and on and on Rolling Eyes

So sorry you and your family did not have a good time Sad It is tough to do things like that with toddlers. When my youngest was two he was the type to run off if you put him down and fuss like crazy in the stroller! Kids do get bored easy if you are not doing something that they are really into. At least you got to see Austin! Very Happy I hope you got a hug!!

Looking forward to Austin's recap!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 7:14 am

I was talking about this with a few of the other fans before the show began; I think the only real problem is that Constantine and his fans interact on a personal level A LOT. It goes beyond signing autographs at a meet and greet, which is where it stops for most celebrities, and that's a big mistake - for him even more than it is for us.

I think he actually gave a pretty good concert last night. It was marred for me, by things that he had control of and things that he did not, but the stuff he actually did up on stage was well-sung and energetic and the banter was properly professionally snappy. That should be all there needs to be.

It should not matter that he's a jerk. He's not my friend. He's not the man I love - that man was with me tonight, kind of enjoying nearly about the festival EXCEPT the concert because Constantine went on nearly an hour late and the kids were too tired to stay.

The big mistake in this whole fandom, by him, by us, by everybody, is that it got personal. I have never met Clay Aiken and I've certainly never gotten into a personal spat with him on his fanboard, so I can continue to have any kind of fantasy about his character that I want. He may live up to that and he may not, but it doesn't really matter (as long as he continues to do his charity work) because I will never encounter anything that severely challenges that fantasy.

We pretty much know what kind of guy Constantine, and he's tempermental, childish, and self-centered. All of GS got to see that in spades, a pretty substantial number of them are really pretty angry and disgusted, and the rest are trying to find some way to get him off the hook so they can continue to be his fans.

Because they enjoy being in the fandom. Because going to Brel and these concerts is (usually) fun. I understand that.

The one person that Constantine hurts the most with this behavior is himself. By a landslide. I've actually had a pretty good idea of what kind of person he is for some time now. That's the reason why he is in conflict with me; I remain in the fandom but I don't censor my opinions about him, so he hears them because he insists on participating on the board.

It's because of this weird expectation, that we have to be his friends, that we have a personal relationship with him, so we expect him to live up to the behavioral standards of somebody we have a personal relationship with. Well, no. My romance is with my husband; he cannot, however, sing.

So maybe I should listen to Constantine (and even more so, Clay, who is better) sing and I should have a personal relationship with my husband. If he didn't recognize my screenname on sight that would be possible!

I understand that they held up his performance because the food line was still busy, or some such really bad decision. I need to have a word with these people who bill the thing as a family event.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 7:33 am

I agree. The show should go on time regardless. Waiting maybe 15 mins. is one thing. An hour is just too long to make people wait, especially the little ones.

You are not kidding that Con never should have gotten so personal with the fans. Not when he cannot control himself better. I agree he is hurting himself more than anyone. I know that many of his fans have left the fandom. He really blew it with a lot of bad decisions, right from releasing the PFTSOF CD on!

Speaking of CDs, does anyone know how his solo CD is doing? How much has he sold? Is he going on any kind of tour? I wonder what he will do next.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:51 pm

On Celebrities who make it all personal: As an actor I have occasionally (rarely) been in a position where people I don't know know me.

My natural instinct (and this is what Constantine lacks) is to keep them at a very professional distance. My own personality flees, and I just take their congratulations and thank them for coming (or whatever). I have no visceral sense that these are people I might like (or not like) if I knew them in another context. they are THE AUDIENCE.

If I later met the person personally (as has happened) the deal is completely different, and I am just me.

I do not understand (and it hurted my head when I used to try) Constantine and other predatory stars.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 12:50 am

Hi, everybody - since I wasn't really able to enjoy the show last night, I came back today alone and it worked out a lot better. I talked to him for a minute after the show and got the distinct feeling that it all just wasn't something he thought much about, or was in the least bit worried about. He was very pleasant and polite and we parted on good terms.

I don't he's got the slightest clue of the impact stuff he says has on people; he just flares up, and it's over for him, and he doesn't get why it's not over for the others.

At any rate, I am glad I talked to him. I really was very uncomfortable with the idea that Constantine might view my screen name with animosity, and I am now quite sure there's no problem there. I can fade back into the crowd now. :-)

Yes, I know he's kind of a big baby, but I don't really get a lot of joy out of grumbling about that at length. This was better for me.

I had a very good time at the concert today.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:14 am

Long after my tiff with him, a very young web fan of mine (a precocious 12 year old) begged me to tell her my story. I did. She, having gotten other bad stories about him, really wanted to know. She then (much to my horror) asked HIM about it. He (being utterly inappropriate with HER as well) told her I was a drama queen making it all up.

While I am glad you are feeling at peace, Abrahammy, something in the telling reminded me of the coda to my story, in that the motherfucker DID remember, and DID disparage me. He does know who we all are!!!!!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 5:45 am

Tired, and exhausted!

Just a short thing here. Got to see abrahammy several times, I'm glad she posted - it was her story. When I knew she was going to talk to him at the M & G, I got right behind her so I could hear exactly what was going to happen. He WAS nice to he, if a little surprised that she came up to him, I think. He seemed to enjoy talking to her more than he did the usual suspects. I think he respected her choice to come up somehow.

Yes, I think a is quite right that he doesn't quite get the impact he has.

abrahammy's kids are adorable!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 6:07 am

Yes, I went. Didn't drive up into Saturday so I know what had happened, but yes, I went anyway. Gotta go get K up; back later.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 6:31 am

I'm glad you both had a nice time. I knew Abrahammy's kids would be adorable I love you

As for the dick who tells his fans who worry about him to "take a hike and look at their own unhappy lives" Evil or Very Mad sorry, not buying the "he doesn't know" story. There is a reason he was not like at BoCo, with the AI kids, people from Rent, can't keep a girl, and has lost a ton of fans. Even Arte talked about what a dick he was to her. No, he knows how he is and what he does. He doesn't care. It is all about him. I won't say more as I do not want to offend my friends. I will just go bang my head against the wall as I repeat "thank god I didn't drink the kool-aid" No

Oh, one more thing - if he really thinks he can tell his fans off and that they should take a hike and look at their unhappy lives OR that they go off and "seek attention elsewhere" and they lie, and that THAT won't have any effect on them at all, then he IS really fucking stupid! Oh wait.....
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 6:54 am

One of the nice things about this board, Firecracker, is that folks can say what we really think without being attacked by others or hurting their feelings. You will not hurt my feelings no matter what you think of him.

When I say that "he does not understand the impact he has when he's rude to other people" I do not mean that being clueless and completely self-absorbed makes it OK. What I meant is that it was not as big a deal to him as I was afraid it was; he didn't react all that strongly to me - although it looks like Austin saw a bigger reaction than I did.

He can be extremely petulant and it's a real problem. It's really hurt his career. I'm CERTAIN that it's affected his personal life to a degree that is devastating. I just decided to let it be his problem rather than mine. If I can be fairly sure that he won't hiss and turn green every time he sees my screen name, then I'm in a more comfortable spot because these little adventures away from my family are very rare, and they are a lot of fun. (By this, I mean the entire experience - not just the performances, but the chatting with others I've seen on the boards, enjoying the other attractions at the events. I have a full-time job and three children. I don't get to do much else right now, and won't until the baby is older.) I think it is entirely possible that that was the last time I will see Constantine; he said he was coming back next year, but if his career continues to decline at the rate it has, he will be waiting tables in a year.

That will be his fault. But I still really enjoyed the concert, and I'm still glad I kind of patched up that personal spat. If - hell, when he goes and blows up at somebody else, well, that's his problem, but it is no longer mine. I feel much better now.

Anybody who is angry at him has a right to that anger. The disgust is earned. It's just more baggage than I want to carry. Like I said, my relationship is with my husband!

Anger and hostility takes a lot of work for me. It's physically uncomfortable. I don't like it. I never have, my entire life.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 7:04 am

Well, you are a better person than me. When someone says something that is upsetting and/or insulting to a friend of mine - well, I just don't like them! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 7:15 am

I want to post some more, but I just got a call that I'm needed to sub on my old tennis team, so I'll have to run and won't be back for several hours. : (

Don't feel like playing tennis this morning!

My only close-up encounter with the C this weekend took place in an elevator. I was in an elevator with a bunch of doctors and it opened on the 2nd floor (where the pool/workout stuff are), and HE gets on. In a bathing suit with wet hair in a ponytail. All I could think was, NO!!! He did recognize me when he turned around. I was so embarrassed because I didn't want him to think I had found his hotel (no one knew it) and was stalking him (not the case!)

He looked at me, smiled and moved over with his arms open to hug me and then we kissed on our cheeks. There was no getting out of it! I offered him a wine cooler. affraid
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 7:18 am

Have fun playing tennis!! It's good exercise!

Sorry, I have to yuck at the thought of wet Con kisses Razz Though I am sure your encounter will be a big hit in Confanland! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next