Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 6:20 pm

I will let you decide who gets to do the honors on wig modeling! Smile Wink

That Dorothy dress is cute! I would add some more lace and details to it though! That gal that is doing it for you has mad skills so she can do it any way you want within reason!

Yeah, I agree about the new Pullips...cool, but not really my style. I bet lots of people like them though. There are lots of oriental lovers out there in dolly land.

Yeah, that is kinda flakey about her royal demoness' change of heart about Rumor. I don't get it either. No I wonder if she is like 16 though and she is in that indecisive stage or something...oh well.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 7:00 am

Good morning! Not much time for me on the PC today. Off to my folks in about an hour after I get ready. Dad has had a very bad 2 days so I am going to spend a few hours with him this morning and then go and pick up my mom's meds and get them some groceries.

It was the brown wig. It is really nice. I am a wee bit worried about it being a bit big. I think it will be too big for sure on the girls, but hopefully it will be fine on Milo. It feels like it has product in it, but it is still silky, shiny and very nice like all the CanCan wigs!

I would absolutely want the Dorothy dress a little fuller and with more lace. I am just having a hard time finding pix from the movie that are in color and show full length detail. I will keep looking though.

Have a great day! Talk to you tonight!

ETA: I brought my laptop to my folks and I got on in the net even though they don't have internet service! (I know how to do that Twisted Evil ) This way I can do something while watching my poor dad sleep Crying or Very sad

AETA: I'm back home. Dad mostly wants to sleep, but we did have a total of about 30 mins. of a nice talk. He does get winded and a bit confused. But we got in some I Love Yous and talked about a few different things. His arms look horrible - completely purple Crying or Very sad But some of the edema is down and the nurse said his right lung sounded pretty clear. So it was nice. I brought in some lunch for mom and me. So a very nice several hours. I also got her signed up with a plan at Osco that will automatically reorder their meds without her having to call them in. So that was nice. Went to the bank for Rob and got some groceries for everyone.

When I got home there was an email for me from a gal from Italy at Requiem Art! She says she would like to buy my Anisa!! Crossing my fingers and toes that this one goes through! I will either hold the payment for the Alice dress or get a few more supplies for Milo. His art easel came today and it is PERFECT!!! I have got to hit a craft store and get a canvas for him. I still have not been able to find just the write pencils/pen/notebook for his poetry writing.

Well, running off again! TTYL!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:20 pm

The Cancan wig will fit Milo perfectly...trust me on that one. Dollzone boy heads are bigger then some MSD's. Glad you like it!

Sounds like you had a good visit with your Dad and spent some quality time.

Have to get back to work...talk to you more tonight!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 8:16 pm

Guess what? Rhian and Isis get to come out of the closet tomorrow! Razz

I am having a birthday party for two of my daycare kids tomorrow and I will have 6 little ones here, so I am not sure about getting any pix taken tomorrow. I will try though. Friday for sure. I am off! The boys and I will go visit my folks for awhile though.

We have huge storms predicted for tomorrow afternoon. Bummer. We actually have snow showers in the Friday and Saturday forecasts Rolling Eyes Come on spring, get here already Mad

I was just at The Dolly Market and Cybermelli is selling a bunch of her Pullips. She has over 150 Pullips Shocked Shocked Shocked She is buying expensive Blythes so wants to get rid of some Pullips. It appears she has several customs. Can you even imagine over 150 dolls???

Didi is selling her CinnamomRoll to get another Blythe. I wonder how many Blythes she has now? I will have to ask her. She takes lots of cool photos of them, but I can't really tell them apart so I can't figure out how many different ones she has. At least I can usually tell all the Pullips apart, well unless they are customized Razz
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:53 pm

So Rhian and Isis get to come out tomorrow???? How cool and I know what that means!!! My friend is another year older! Twisted Evil So you are going to celebrate it with your folks for a while? How wonderful!

150 dolls?????? I guess you can do that when you don't have bills to pay and live with mommie and daddy. It floors me how many of these $1,000 BJD's some of these young gals have and probably don't even have jobs or drivers licenses yet! Rolling Eyes Talk about spoiled, bloody rotten! I mean that Amie gal that bought Bill must have quite the allowance.

I bet Didi has at least 6 Blythes by now. They bore me to tears.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:07 pm

And another year wiser Laughing

No I will not see my folks tomorrow. I saw them today and mom gave me my money present and we ate lunch together. Tomorrow I will have kids all day until 6:00 PM and then Rob is bringing home Chinese for the 4 of us plus my MIL. Besides, they say tomorrow night's storms are going to be really nasty and we have flash flood warnings. Like I said, the boys and I will see my folks Friday also. So that is cool. I know my mom will call on the phone and I bet my Dad will talk to me on the phone too if he feels up to it.

Yes, I think the problem is that Blythes really do all look the same. I suppose there are subtle differences if you see them in person, but really I couldn't tell one from the other to save my life. Not having seen one in person I just for the life of me don't get why so many people love them so.

Imagine your folks buying you 200 dolls Shocked She said she had over 150 Pullips and many Blythes - so probably on her way to 200. Where would one put them all scratch How can you display them all? How can you dress them all?? I remember I used to joke that one can never have too many dolls, but I think over 150 is probably too many Razz
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:37 pm

I know I am sure content with my 6 dolls. I think 150 of anything is excessive! Laughing I picture them all thrown in a kid's toy box or every which way on a teenager's bedroom shelf. I may sell one of my Pullip girls at some point and just keep one girl and one boy like you have done if I wind up wanting an elf boy...yes, I am getting into the couples thing now too! Embarassed

I could actually see getting one or two blythes if you like them, but why on earth get more than that because the mold never changes unless you get them customized. I think they cost $200-300 a piece too! Pullips at least have slight differences to the molds like the eye shape, the shape of the face etc.

Sleep well birthday eve laydee! I have a surprize for you tomorrow! Wink
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:10 am

Happy Birthday FC ! I hope you have a great day!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:20 am

EEEK! Thanks! I love surprises!

Thanks Aerwin!

I woke up to a ton of birthday emails! Many from the boards I belong to. I even got one from DOA. I bet they were going "Who is she?" Razz

OOh yes! Couples are fun! I think one Pullip and one Taeyang is perfect! Who will you choose to sell? Willow or Gaby? My dream is to get two more male BJDs. I was thinking next Xmas I can make one my gift from everybody who gives me money - if I can get one for around the price I got Milo.

Have a great day all!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:57 pm

YAY! A great b-day!

First, my Dad called me this morning to wish me happy birthday! He could only talk about a minute - but who would have ever thought that he would be here to wish me happy birthday?? So amazing!

I got the "Dorothy" shoes today and they are perfect!!!!!!

I got the Kohls gift cards, two Target gift cards, cash, candy, cookies AND Anisa is going to Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AI spoiler

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:26 pm

What a great day! So glad you are having a good one.

I don't know who I would sell of the two Pullips...neither one is a hot seller and will bring me much so I won't do anything until the next BJD urge overpowers me!

Ooooh! Thanks for the spoiler! cheers
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:25 pm

I did not get around to putting out Isis and Rhian. I was so busy with the kids, the B-Day party, calls from friends and relatives, emails that were coming in and trying to find out any thoughts and info about who was going to leave AI. I was a mess worrying about David C. So they will come out tomorrow for sure. The weather is suppose to suck. It has just poured here alllllll day today. Non stop raining. Tomorrow is suppose to be more of the same. I can't decide if I should stay in and get some things done or go shopping with all my gift cards!!

I now have $56 in my Pay-Pal credit balance so that will cover the Alice dress nicely with some left over. I would love to blow it on Milo, but I should save it to pay for the outfit I am waiting for.

Now that Anisa is leaving for Italy I sure wish I could sell more of the Barbie clothes/shoes. No way Aletta will need all that stuff. Maybe I should lower prices agian? I cannot believe that Anisa is going to Italy! How cool for her! The buyer gave me lots of instructions to write on the box so that the Italian government doesn't mess with her

Well, I guess I should go and shower.

TTYL I love you

Last edited by firecracker on Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:21 am

Good morning!

I forgot to mention, when I listed the good things about yesterday, that I got an email from Featherfall saying they got the red boots in from Dollzone and that they were shipping them. So both pairs of Milo's boots are on their way!

So, I put a deposit on Milo 37 days ago. It can't be more than a few more weeks right?

I'll be putting out the sisters later today and I'll take some pix of one of the girls in that wig for you. I should have them posted later in the after noon!

Hope you have a great day!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:18 am

Cool! I will check back later! Great Milo will have his choice of foot attire! Wink

I would be dying of curiousity about Milo's status. I know Featherfall just got in their February Dollzone order. Why not ask DDE what the status is?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:11 pm

YAY! Milo's black velvet boots from Mimiwoo just arrived!! Good thing I decided to shop using my gift cards from the comfort of my bed since the weather is CRAPPY! Of course for the first time in almost 8 years the mailman got to see me in a baggy old sweater, leggings, very little make-up and bed head! I may have scarred him for live affraid Poor old guy No So I told him I was sick so now he will worry all day about my germs Razz Well, I do have a bad cold. Seemed like a good excuse for looking like this when it is past noon right? Well, I wasn't gonna miss out on getting those boots today so the poor guy will just have to get over seeing the real me Laughing

Anyway, the boots are awesome! His items are piling up! Maybe next week I will ask DDE about the status. I know they said it would be about 6 to 8 weeks and it has been about 5. So it's cool. I will wait another week.

Well, I got two gorgeous pendents with my gift cards. The Xmas gift cards I got all went to things for the house/cooking. So I got myself some pretties! I have this gorgeous Mystic Topaz and diamond ring that I wear a lot. I have always wanted a pendent that matches. Kohls had one on sale for $130 so I got that there. It is emerald cut just like my ring with little diamonds on the side just like my ring. The chain is 18 inch white gold. My ring is white gold too.

With the Target cards I got a pearl and diamond pendent that is also white gold. I have a gorgeous pearl and diamond yellow gold pendent that my parents gave me for my 40th birthday, but I wear a lot of black and white outfits in the summer so I wanted the option of the white gold with pearl. It was on sale for a good price. So I am happy! They are both in stock and I should have them in about 10 days. Can't wait! I haven't bought any jewelry for myself in ages.

Eric, sweetie that he is, just left to spend some time with my Dad before he goes out with his friends. Justin is going to go visit him tomorrow before work. Have I mentioned how much I love my boys! Very Happy

Well, I guess I better go get something done today besides on-line shopping!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:57 pm

OOOH I love pearls . I have Ny grandmothers beautiful pearl ring. I wish I had tiny pearl necklace . seed pearls? And I love Target. I am going to athens tomorrow so I am going to the big city to Target. i wish I got Target gift cars for my birthday.

I wish you would get glass slipper shoes for your doll and dress her like Cinderella. I always wanted glass slippers as a girl. I really used to have some red sparkly shoes as a child . I loved them . I would wear those red shoes with eveything. My Dad got them for me.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:53 pm

I would love to find glass slippers, but I can't imagine I will. Target has such nice jewelry for the price. I have gotten several nice bracelets there.

The sisters are out on their shelf!

Dolls - Page 20 Brownwig008

Dolls - Page 20 Brownwig011

Here is Ianna in the brown wig. I swear this girl looks great in any wig!

Dolls - Page 20 Brownwig004

Dolls - Page 20 Brownwig002

Dolls - Page 20 Brownwig003

Dolls - Page 20 Brownwig005
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:53 pm

Well, I was a bad dolly mommy today. I spent the $55 from the sale of Anisa on a pair of shoes for me that I really wanted! What can I say? It was a weak shoe moment! I wanted these to wear with my summer denim capris. They are just so cool!

Dolls - Page 20 Sketchers

Last edited by firecracker on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:54 pm

It is great to see Isis and Rhian out of their shells again!

That brown wig Ianna is wearing isn't Milo's is it? It is beautiful, but is longer than it looked in the photo....much longer!!!!!You are right she does look fab in any wig! Love the color!

Sounds like you got some fun jewelry for your birthday! It is good to spend some money on ourselves every now and then right?! Wink

ETA: The shoes rock! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Yes, that is Milo's wig. It is actually huge on Ianna. I had to pull it back off her head so you could see her eyes otherwise the wig completely covered her eyes. It may not look that long on Milo. If so, I really do not care if he has longer hair.

I have wanted Sketchers for the longest time!! I love their shoes - especially their Mary Janes. But these are just the kind of shoes I love to wear to run quick errands or go for walks. Easy on easy off and just too freaking cute!

ETA: What is going on here? It looks like Pullip heads on SD bodies Shocked Scroll down a bit and see them. They actually look really nice!

http://madeiraw.hp.infoseek.co.jp/memoirs23.html
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:20 pm

I think they look weird! Laughing

I forgot to tell you I like those old time bicycles that you have on the shelf with Clay, those are cool.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:23 pm

Oh thanks! They are just there until Aletta gets here to stand with her man! They are also covering up holes in the walls from pix that were there before we hung up shelves. They are from a craft shop in Nappanee, Indiana.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:56 pm

The Alice dress is done! Nancie let me send her a check instead of Pay-Pal which is great!!

Dolls - Page 20 Alicecom16

Dolls - Page 20 Alicecom15

Dolls - Page 20 Alicecom12

Dolls - Page 20 Alicecom10

I just love it! Ianna is going to look SOO much like Alice in Wonderland!! I will need to find her some Alice props. I guess the Tea Set works. Maybe a mirror?

She said she will make me a Dorothy too! I just need to send her pix!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Eeek! I love the dress! She did such an excellent job! I think the teaset and a rabbit should do the trick! Did'nt I give you a white rabbit? *scratches head, maybe I am having a senior moment*
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:54 pm

I'm glad you love the dress! She made the stocking too! Also, she is sending me a hairband to go with the dress that Rylee is wearing.

No, no white rabbit. A super cute white hat and white boots, but no white rabbit. I think I saw some at Hobby Lobby in the doll house section. I know they had white dogs (I got one) white cats and white bears. I really think they had white bunnies too. It was Easter time though, so who knows. But I am sure I can find one somewhere. I don't want to use Rylee's bunny because she is pink (I've decided that Rylee's bunny is a she albino )

Well, it is getting late so I will probably be going to bed soon.

Eric had a nice visit with my Dad today. He said my Dad was able to talk to him for a good 15 or 20 mins. before he got too tired to talk anymore. I am glad the boys are getting this extra time with him where they have the chance to have good talks and say lots of I love yous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: