Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 5:08 pm

I am wondering if CanCan sent you the wrong wig. The wig I thought I showed you was short with a feathery cut like this...did you check the invoice and item numbers? I know this is black not brown, but the wig you have on Ianna is like a copper, auburn shade too, not the brown that was shown in the photo I showed you. Shocked *scratches head*
Dolls - Page 21 Rs25015n_black_ira
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:13 pm

It is brown in person. When I stretch it out it looks that length. I think it is because it is so big on Ianna. Goodreaus wear 6/7. This wig is an 8 and covered her face down to her nose without pulling it way back. This wig has a lot of product and did look kinda stringy like that. I combed through it because to me it looked like dirty hair. Anyway, I think it is the right one. Like I said, when you stretch it out it looks much shorter. I will check into it though.

We had some people over for Chinese and cake for my birthday. We watched The Masters. Rob and I both tried new dishes and we were really pleased with our choices! Eric is going to have something new when he gets in. Justin got to eat with us before leaving for work, but he decided not to try something new. We stayed in because once again our weather is CRAP! Windy, rainy, cold, and gloomy as can be. 3 days straight like this. So depressing No They say we could get up to 73 on Wednesday! But if we do get that warm we will also have very strong winds. That takes the fun out of the temps when you 35 mph gusts!

Gotta scoot - I have some boards to catch up on!

ETA: It is indeed the right wig. Holding it up to the pic on the screen the color is identical and when I stretch it out it looks exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:17 pm

That is good it is the right one. The style does look completely different on the Goodreau dolls. It looks more shag like without bangs on Ianna. In the picture it looks wispy and more one length all over. I can't wait to see it on Milo.

Glad you had fun with your Chinese dinner. I tried a new homemade ravioli recipe out of cooking light magazine that was not very good and was a ton of work. I will go back to my Italy pasta recipe and never deviate again after this. Shocked
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 6:37 am

Too bad the recipe didn't turn out so good. Sadly, a lot of the "light" recipes don't. I guess it is the bad stuff in a recipe that makes it good Razz

I will say the wig is not quite as wispy as in the pic, but it is the same wig. There isn't anything else at CanCan that looks the same.

Another gloomy cold day here today No Tomorrow is suppose to be sunny but only 51. That's OK, I'll take sunshine. No sun here since Weds. They have already changed this coming Weds. from 73 down to 68. I wonder if they will change the forecast again. I was so excited about it being in the 70's.

Hope you have a great day! Hope there is some sun out your way sunny If so please tell it to stop by me soon!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 6:44 am

I hate it when I spend a lot of time and effort on a recipe and it turns out yucky. But I love to cook. It is cold here again and I thought it was spring.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 8:48 am

BTW, I know you like Bare Minerals Luca (maybe you do too Aerwin) and I found this fantastic site to order minerals from. I have bought several shades of the minerals for shadow - gorgeous!! Especially the Orchids with diamonds. I am now awaiting emerald with diamonds and sapphires with diamonds. You get full one oz. bags (they don't come in containers, but you can buy them) The bags are great because they keep the shipping down. I have ordered from her 3 times now and each time she includes free samples - which is smart because I have then turned around and ordered more based on her free samples.

So take a look around! Oh, and she ships out fast!

Just click on "Minerals"

http://www.sweetscents.com/index.htm

Also, I got another Kohls gift card and I got the other pair of Sketchers I wanted. They are too freaking cute!!

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/skechers/juniors/PRD~322386/Skechers+Fixate+Mules.jsp#

This turned out to be such a good birthday!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:37 am

Good to know about the alternative to Bare Minerals that is cheaper! I recently bought a combo of Bare minerals eye shadows that are earth tones and I love them.

Eeek! Those sketchers are cute! Look comfortable too. I am even willing to show my ugly feet now in the summer...I use to be hung up about it, now I figure what the hell. Some of us are blessed with cute feet some of us are not. Most are not.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:42 am

Aren't they just adorable! I couldn't decide on Friday and went with the all white. When I got the other card I said YAY! Now I get both pair. I still want some of their totally adorable Mary Janes but they have way too many styles and colors of those to pick a fave No So I went with the no back mules. I am lucky and have nice enough looking feet. When I was in my 30s and at a mall (I was wearing pretty sandals and my toenails were painted in a nice color) a man got in the elevator with me and the boys. He looked down and said I should be a foot model. I thought that was so sweet! My only issue now is not with the actual feet, but the spider veins near my ankle bone. Sadly I inherited my mothers spider vein issues. My thighs are now full of them! I stopped wearing shorts two summers ago. I hate them!!! I would probably sooner pay to have the spider veins removed that get my face done. I have so many cute pair of shorts and shorts outfits that I know I will never wear again. Thank god for capris. At least they are a little cooler than jeans and look summery without showing my ugly ass spider veins!

I just cannot wear earthtones. I can see why the work so well on you. I LOVE the purples and plums and burgundies. I love to put a little emerald and sapphire under my lower lashes - just a teeny bit. Her colors are amazing! I have gotten MAC pigments many times and have paid as much for the little 1/4 teaspoon samples as I just did for her full ounce clearance colors. I am so tempted to try some of her metallics. The copper and ambers are so pretty!

She is a nurse and puts a nice instruction sheet in the orders to tell you how to use the different products.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:19 pm

I will have to give some of her stuff a try. Let us know what products you like as you try them.

I only have the spider vein curse on my nose and a few on my cheeks so far... I don't wear short shorts anymore though out in public either...just not age appropriate anymore. No I have brown and white discolorations on my legs and arms that are'nt overly attractive though. affraid The sun really does a number on me...even though I am light-olive with freckles. I wear 45-50 sunscreen, long sleeved shirts when I go riding and hats when ever I work in the yard or go to the beach.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:35 pm

Crap that is me!! My arms are discolored because I used to live in the sun! We had a pool at our previous house and we were in there everyday we could all summer. Then all of a sudden one year my tan (and I used to get really dark) on my arms was all blotchy. Then I developed two types of skin cancer and I now stay out of the sun as much as possible - doctor's orders. I was pre-melanoma. I had to have 3 moles removed along with lots of surrounding tissue.

I am lucky no spider veins yet on my face. I assume that will come sometime. Oh the joys of middle age!

I have only ordered minerals for eyeshadow and eyeliner. But Joan sent me samples for concealer, this green mineral for skin discoloration, and a pretty light burgundy for lips and blush.

Do you like to use a light gold shimmery type color on your eyelids? When I got a sample pack of some MAC minerals I got some light gold that is so pretty but just doesn't look right on me. I like a darker color. If you think you would like to try it I'll send it to you. Let me know what other colors you like for shadow. I like to do up my eyes!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:50 pm

I would love to try it! Gold works really well on me...I also love olivey greens, browns, violets, pinks, taupes, bronze, peach, and grays. I just don't do blue, except maybe in a liner or mascara.

Have you seen the Frickart photos of Ala yet? Twisted Evil She looks really beautiful! I wonder when you will get her?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:58 pm

OK, I will have a few colors to send you! I do blue in a thin line right under my lower lashes. I love it with my gray eyes.

EEEKK!! I will have to go and check out pix of Ala!!! I don't know when she is coming from Shana. I know Scot was telling people she would go out the beginning of May. So I should have her in a few weeks! Maybe she will arrive around the same time as Milo!!! Fun days ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 5:03 pm

Yes, go check her out...you will be pleased! Twisted Evil I will they had some of her out of the box!

Ooo goody! New make-up to play with! Thanks my laydee!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 6:39 pm

I just went thru my stock pile of minerals Laughing Lord I could open a store! I have several for you. Mostly light colors because I do not buy browns or grays. I have an empty container and I am going to put some of my new Genie Orchid I got from Joan in it. She sold me a ton so I can afford to give you some. I just love it! I will mark the lid Genie so you know which one it is. I will have to buy a padded envelope first. I will make sure I get it out by Weds. afternoon at the latest. Anything you don't like feel free to give away or throw away. I think you will like some of them though. I am sending 21 little jars of different colors. You ought to like a few of them no? Razz
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 8:27 pm

Throw away???? I don't think so! Laughing i know I will love it all!

Don't rush in the shipping! Just wait until you have something else to ship out. I love you
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:11 pm

I just added twp more! We're at 23 colors! Just so you know, they are not all MAC. Most are others. They are all nice, just not right for me. I gave you some purples that I love because I have managed to collect so many purples! That is my fave. Purples and plum and rose.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:06 pm

23??????OMFG, thank you! *smooches* I am so going to have fun with all those colors!!!! Now I will have spring eye colors to experiment with! cheers
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:10 pm

Hello, My name is Luca and it has been 60 days since I bought my last doll...OMG, the addiction is rearing it's ugly head again.I have a mild urge to buy another doll...the irony is I don't care what doll...I just want another one!

Deep down I know I can control the urge. For now. Thank god there isn't one out there I really can't live without. Laughing
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:27 am

I was thinking of ordering that blue minerals. I usualy use blue, plums and greys. Sometimes brown. I am very pale and have blonde brows. I have used the mineral face powder before and I love it. I saw those kits at Target the other day but they were bucks. Have y'all used any of the lip plumpers? I was thinking of trying some.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 6:15 am

Good morning ladies!

Yes, you should have some fun with new eyeshadow Luca!!

I understand how you feel about wanting to get another doll! Remember how bad I got with the Pullips/Taeyangs? Aletta would have put me at 13! Though I guess that is not bad considering there are girls at PS with 150 Razz I am excited to have two on the way, but I think I will feel pretty content this time around. At this time I have no desire to get another female BJD. I am so content to have the blue eyed blonde, green eyed brunette, and brown eyed redhead. They seem like a complete set for me. I know I will want to get more male BJDs though. To have 3 couples. No more Pullips/Taeyangs than the two I will have and no more Hestias. I love them, but once you get BJDs nothing compares. But, at the price of ABJDs it will probably take a long time to get those two boys. Honestly though, I will feel very content with the 4 of them, since I never really thought I would get even one.

I have never tried the lip plumper. I can't imagine they would really work that well. I am not one who is into the big lips so I just never thought to try them. It would be fun to get them I guess just to see if they work.

Aerwin, if you like blues then that site is for you! She has gorgeous blues! I got Moon from the clearance section. The amount you get for the price on her clearance colors is amazing! I cannot wait to get the sapphires and diamonds! She shipped the new colors this morning so I should get them Weds. or Thurs.

I am afraid to use Olay too because I fear breakouts. My mom only uses Olay products though and she has no problem with Olay, but I would rather use Neutrogena too.

Have a great day ladies!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:19 am

I swear by Lipfushion and Clinique for lip plumping glosses...they both offer a subtle, but very nice change. Twisted Evil

Try it you'll like it!

Gotta run to work! Evil or Very Mad Have a great day!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:32 pm

YAY! I made it to Hobby Lobby today! I actually was able to get a set of little pencils and notepad for when Milo is writing, and a little canvas for the art easel! I was so happy! My artist and poet is all set! Well, he still needs to get here! But when he does he is all set!

I've been gone all day. Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart and Jewel! It was too gorgeous to not run errands. I got everything I needed to pack-up Anisa and your minerals. They will get to the Post Office tomorrow or Weds.

Got to go catch up on Clay and help Rob make some dinner!

Talk to you later!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 6:47 pm

So Anisa is off to Italy soon eh? Will you have any J-dolls left now or is she the last one?

Glad you scored some accessories for Milo today....how nice you did'nt have to pay shipping for a change! Twisted Evil

I put Mohana's stock wig on Pru for the heck of it last night and she has morphed into an entire new girl...she is quite the amazing little chameleon!
I switched Mo's and Val's wigs around too with some of the other extra's I have and they came back to their original ones...sometimes you just can't mess with perfection!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 7:10 pm

Yes, Anisa is all packed and ready for her journey to Italy! Either Eric will take her to the Post Office between classes tomorrow, or I will take her Weds. morning. I just packed up your little box too! It will leave here when Anisa does!

No, no more J-Dolls. I only had the two. Claire left weeks ago for Canada. I never dreamed one of my dolls would end up in Italy! How cool is that?!

I would love to see Pru in Mo's stock wig! Yes, sometimes you can't mess with perfection. That is how I feel about Shyla. That wig is just too perfect for her, even though I would love to see her in some others some day.

It was great to find things without paying shipping! I got the pencils and notepad for $2 and the canvas for $3. I still want a little bit bigger notebook for him and a sketch pad. I am just thrilled to find the pencils!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:31 am

I have been on a little dolly shopping spree myself... Twisted Evil

I won a walking cane from the DZ Aleister doll fullset for 10.00 for val and bought a victorian loveseat for the crew. I got it for 25.00...do you think that was a good price? I just love the fabric on it!

Dolls - Page 21 A892_2
Dolls - Page 21 60c3_2

Well, better get to work! Will check in later!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: