Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:30 am

Eeek! You found them! Thanks for the shout out my lady!

Aerwin, are you a Ridley Scott, Legend fan? I love that flick...

Yes, I must say hubby and I are quite happy with the way our first doll collaboration came out...he wants to get an airbrush now. Shocked

I think our next doll will be Oona, the fairy from Legend...

Got to get to work...I hate working Saturday. Evil or Very Mad But, I get more money! Twisted Evil

TTYL! Have a great day!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:46 am

You are so welcome!! I love him!! I just LOVE him!!!!! He is actually my fave of your dolls! Personally, I have no desire to have a vamp or elf - well I would if I could have lots of BJDS! I want to have two more boys to go with my other girls, and vamps don't fit in my limited collection, but I really do think he is your finest doll! I love the others too, but there is something so special about Thorn! His eyes are just GAH!

Enjoy your day! Hope work goes fast! The extra money always helps - and sounds like you need it for that airbrush Wink SO freaking excited for you guys!!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 2:04 pm

I love your doll . He is so cool.I cannot believe you did most of that yourself. Is it tedious?

Quote :
Aerwin, are you a Ridley Scott, Legend fan? I love that flick...
I Am a huge Ridley and Tony Scott fan. However I will see nothing with that delusional , blowhard ,misgynostic Tom Cruise. NOTHING. He is banned here. Just put it this way if were the last actor on earth I would never watch movies again.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 9:24 pm

Yes Aerwin, I hate Tom Cruise with a passion myself, but I love him in Legend. He was just a fresh faced kid then...before he got full of himself. Evil or Very Mad Thanks for the kudos on Thorn. The customizing is rather tedious, but in a really fun way!

I am with you FC...there is just something about Thorn that is special. He and Mo are my favorites. Got a few more really good photos...I hope you don't get sick of him! They look really great together...I am having a ball with them...I love elves! I really did'nt want a vampire particularly, but the fangs came as part of the doll's make-up...so I went with it! And I like them for the character it turns out!

Humor me ok...but, all the photos are just something I have to get out of my system when the mood strikes. Embarassed And there are even more on Flickr. drunken

Dolls - Page 30 2520258308_ef0aabf6dc_o
Dolls - Page 30 2519430117_a681ff15b3_o

Dolls - Page 30 2520248416_43d971252c_o
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 9:47 pm

God he is beautiful! I love you Off to Flickr to see the rest!! Then I am hitting the hay!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:23 am

Glad you got to check them out before bed...I am exhausted too and am going to hit it! I have another two days off and I am sure thankful for it after today...it was super busy and I had to stay almost 9 hours to get all my work done. Shocked Oh well, at least I got overtime and weekend pay! Twisted Evil

TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:34 am

Yes, I had to check him out! I just love him!!

Sorry you had a long busy day at work, but at least you made extra money for your doll business! Twisted Evil

Hope you have a great Sunday! We are grilling ribs today and planting some flowers in pots. Tomorrow is suppose to be rainy though Crying or Very sad

TTYL~
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:45 pm

Sounds like you have the perfect Sunday planned! I am getting ready to take one of the horses and Cole up in the hills today for some excercise.

I am hoping the weather holds!

Have a beautiful day! TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Hope you had a good Memorial Day!

We spent some time at my mom's going through all my dad's tools and various things that Rob or the boys wanted. We got a bunch of solar lights for the back around the patio and got some for the front courtyard too. We grilled the ribs today and I made grilled red and green peppers in olive oil and steakhouse seasoning. I found the recipe on the internet and they were AWESOME! I watched a tape of some season finales I taped last week. So a pretty good day. The boys both had to go to work at 5:00 - 10:00, but we did get most of the day together.

I am sleepy now so I will have to get into bed.

TTYL~
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:04 am

Glad you had a pleasant day with your family and going through your Dad's things. I had an awesome Memorial Day myself. Part of it involved the grocery store, but we finally got good weather and I was so grateful!

I will be thinking about you and your family today and hope all goes as well as can be expected at your Dad's Memorial service. It is kind of fitting it is being held the day after Memorial Day isn't it? It is today isn't it? I thought you had said the 26th, but I know it was'nt yesterday. I bet you have a busy day ahead.

(((hugs))) Off to work I go again!
TTYL

Last edited by Luca on Tue May 27, 2008 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:07 am

The memorial service for my Dad is Saturday June 7th at 10:00 AM followed by an 11:30 luncheon. But thanks for the hugs anyway!

I am glad it is not today as it is in the 50s, raining and very windy! We had 79 degrees yesterday! WTF??

Enjoy your day! flower
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:28 pm

Oh! I was way off! Laughing Don't know where I came up with that one! Shocked June seems so far off I guess! *scratches head8

It is 78 here and sunny! cheers Finally, some nice weather!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:42 pm

Lucky you with your weather today! We had a sucky day! Mad Tomorrow should be good though.

Dad's priest has been on a working Alaskan cruise since the day after dad died. He will be back next week. That is why we picked that date.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:22 pm

Yes, I remember the part about your Priest being out of town, just messed up on for how long!

I need to get motivated to go out and pull weeds now. They are taking over in a big way!

Did you get all your plants potted? I bet your place looks gorgeous about now. Birds always try and make nests in the two hanging baskets I put on my porch. I tossed one huge one out before the bird laid eggs in it, but the other one I was too late. It has a small, perfect nest and two bright blue eggs in it. Evil or Very Mad Now they will probably wind up dying because I will have to handle the plant to keep it watered everyday.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:38 pm

Oh goodness! You have a bird's nest too? You know how we have that arched double entrance way for our front door? Well, every freaking year birds make nests on the brick ledge. It is messy Mad they poop on our front stoop Mad and sadly usually one of the baby birds will fall to it's death and I find it when I go out for the paper Crying or Very sad Then I have to dispose of it. I swore this year I would try to stop it from happening again Mad Well, last week when I was busy going out a lot I missed seeing the mama making the nest. So now we are expecting some little baby birds No Eric actually had to take the vacuum out on the porch yesterday to get up all the little twigs and such that were on the front porch big mat. It was easier than trying to sweep. We have the open two story foyer and when we stand upstairs looking out the big window we can see the birds in the nest and that part is always fun. I just got done checking and the mama is sitting on the eggs right now. She is a tiny thing so maybe they are sparrows. Hey - "Little Sparrow"! One of my fave DC performances!

We planted all the flowers that we bought on Saturday, but we still need to get more. I have more pots to fill and I need to get some baskets for the shepherds hooks. Hopefully this weekend we will get that all done because we have the memorial the weekend after that and then the weekend of the 14th we have a wedding and the next day is Father's Day. That day will be sad Sad We used to have 3 fathers here to celebrate Father's Day and now there is just Rob. It is going to be so strange.

Well anyway, yes the place is looking really pretty. We put new solar lights out in the courtyard and all around the patio yesterday. They make such a difference. The ones in the courtyard make a beautiful pattern on the ground at night.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:55 pm

Sounds like you have your share of birdie mischief yourself! Laughing I like the part about seeing the babies too, but hate finding the dead corpses though... Sad

I would love to get some of those solar lights for the yard too. Did you find some nice ones for a decent price? I am looking for a good deal! Twisted Evil

I did my usual handing baskets, but cut back on the number of potted plants I do this year. We tore out part of my perennial bed and added quite a few new plants-so I figured I would spend less energy and money on the potted ones. With the dogs barrelling around on the deck and patio this year...it works out for the best anyway. Sometimes it is overwhelming for both of us how many projects we want to do and then the ongoing maintenance that has to be done to keep things running. I'm sure you feel that way too. I don't know how you keep up with the cleaning of your house alone...we have a much smaller place and I can't keep it clean for more than 2 days. But, my "pigpen" hubby is always tracking in dirt from outside and does'nt clean up his continuous messes that follow him wherever he goes. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:20 am

Good morning!

I know what you mean about maintaining all the flowers and such. With this house we opted to plant flowering bushes all around it. There are also bushes that don't flower, but most of them do. So we only plant annuals in the pots in front of the garage, on the courtyard and the patio. Then we don't need to spend a fortune on annuals every year like we did in our old house. Now that most of the landscaping is 6 and 7 years old it is looking really good and our trees are getting nice and big and full. The first few years everything looked rather scrawny because after we built the house and got new furniture there was NO money left for professional landscaping No But I think Rob has done an amazing job with all of it! cheers My Dad used to tease him that he got into the wrong business and should have been a landscaper!

Yes, it is a bit much sometimes cleaning a house this size. I am good at keeping up with it daily, but I usually spend most of my Sundays cleaning and that is a shame. But working in the home does afford me the opportunity to keep up with pick-up, laundry, etc. and just do the scrubbing on Sunday. Justin is a neat freak about his room and closet so no problems there. Eric has gotten a lot better. Rob's office always looks like a mini tornado went through it Mad Papers everywhere! But he is neat in all the other areas of the house so I just shut his door and pretend that room doesn't exist!! He does had a tendency to mow and work outside and then leave his shoes on to come in for a beer or whatever and track in the grass clippings Evil or Very Mad Men! Razz

Well, I will be leaving soon to go get mom and run some errands. One of her life insurance policy checks came in yesterday and we need to put that in her savings account, go pick up her meds and do a little shopping and grab some lunch somewhere. We are going to Claire's as I want to find something pretty to put in my hair for the wedding in June. Something sparkly that will go with the dress I am wearing. It is gorgeous here today so YAY for another nice day to go out!

BTW, Mom is having a rough time of it lately. She cries to me a lot about how lonely she is, and bored, and missing Dad so much. I do what I can but I know nothing I do or say will really help much. Rob and I are going to start taking her to visit some of her friends who do not live nearby and have health issues and can't get to her. We will do that on some Saturdays. The weekends are toughest for her since she doesn't have her soaps to watch to keep her mind off of things. Gee, nothing like Soap Operas to cheer one up Rolling Eyes

Gotta run! Have an awesome day!!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:32 am

Aww your poor Mom. Has she thought about getting a small dog or cat? I know my cat punkin is a Maine Coon and she is very social and outgoing. she bosses my son around , it is funny. Plus you won't have a birdie problem. Very Happy

I just planted a small veggie garden and and have my rose garden ans perennials. We were in such a terrible drought last summer eveything croaked. Sad
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 7:11 am

Well, she can't get a cat because my sons and I are all allergic. She was never big on cats anyway. She loves dogs and had them for years. Their last dog died 8 years ago. Rob and I have tried to talk her into getting a dog now, but she does not want to deal with training again. I was going to look into getting a dog that has been trained already, but I have no idea about how to find one. She has a cockatiel though. She loves birds.

Sorry about your drought Crying or Very sad We have hard our share of those in the past.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:43 pm

Aerwin, what veggies did you plant? I also have a rose garden and perennial garden! No time for veggies though. Maybe someday if I ever get to go to a 4 day a week work schedule. *sigh*

Quote :
BTW, Mom is having a rough time of it lately. She cries to me a lot about how lonely she is, and bored, and missing Dad so much. I do what I can but I know nothing I do or say will really help much. Rob and I are going to start taking her to visit some of her friends who do not live nearby and have health issues and can't get to her. We will do that on some Saturdays. The weekends are toughest for her since she doesn't have her soaps to watch to keep her mind off of things. Gee, nothing like Soap Operas to cheer one up
Hope you had a good day together today. I have been wondering how she is or isn't holding up. You are right you just have to let her grieve in her own way. That sounds like a good plan to try and get her out more visiting with people her own age. Does she little kids? I wonder if she would enjoy coming and helping you a day or two with your business, maybe that would have her so worn out by the weekend she could tape her soaps to watch on the weekends. Smile Gah, it is such a shame there is no public transportation where you all live. She could volunteer at the hospital or something to give her some purpose now that your Dad is gone. Sad There is a petfinders.com internet service that places dogs of all ages all over the country. Different dog rescue agencies sometime have older, trained doggies that need a new home because their owner gets sick, passes away etc. They show photos of the dogs, give info about them and gives some guidelines about what kind of home they are looking for. They really like people that are home all the time as adoptive families...like your Mom.

The cutest thing happenned tonight when taking my rescue horse over to the trainer where my mare is! I took Milagro over so the horseshoer can put some shoes on him tomorrow morning so he got to spend the night with Vena. She immediately called out to us when we drove up...I guess she recognized the truck and trailer. Then when I put him in her corral with her, they immediately started smelling each other then started to groom each other! They stand head to tail and lightly bite on each other's necks. It is a true sign of friendship and comraderie in horsey communication. It was priceless.

Gah...I am so tired. I must go to bed at a decent hour tonight!@ TTYL!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 6:11 am

This year I just planted peppers , tomatoes and squash .I love squash. I've tried eggplant in the past but it never does that well.

I miss my horse. But I sold all my tack and everything so no riding for me. This time of year I really miss it. My dogs keep me busy though. It always amazes me how animals recgonize each other. And how they remember you! I babysit a fiend of mine's dog when she goes out of town and when I go to her house they run and love me. It makes me feel like a Queen.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:18 am

Yum! I think you planted the best veggies! There is nothing like fresh produce right off the vine!

I bet you especially miss your horse this time of year when you would usually be spending the most time with him. Sad Creatures are so amazing. They really can enhance one's quality of life. Dogs and horses are definitely my favorite animals.

Have a good day Aerwin and FC...gotta run!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:26 am

What a beautiful story about your horses! It must have been something to watch!

I will talk to my mom about looking into adopting a dog. I don't want to push it on her. One of her fears about getting a dog is if something happens to her she knows we cannot take the dog. DCFS does not allow dogs in a daycare. She wouldn't want us to have to find it a new home. Not that we would mind.

We had a veggie garden in our first house. We had good luck with tomatoes and eggplants. Bugs ate our green beans Mad We did not have much luck with the lettuce and scallions No I do not have a green thumb at all Embarassed

Hope you all have a great day!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:18 pm

Don't feel alone about the black thumb with veggie gardening...all i have had success with are herbs, tomatoes, and squash. Lettuce, peppers, cukes, and scallions got eaten alive by bugs before they ever had a chance. Shocked Way too much work for the results I got!

I hope your mom does consider a doggie friend to keep her company. There is nothing that compares to the unconditional love of a pet in my experience...other than the love from a spouse. I have never had much family love so don't know what that is like. Maybe that is why i have such a special bond with animals.

I went and picked up Milagro and he and my mare screamed for each other as I led him away...they really love each other dearly. He was fine to come back to his male buddy, but he really loves his girl. She is so sweet and beautiful everyone loves her.

Do you have kids tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:27 pm

No I don't have kids tomorrow.

I was going to grocery shop for the weekend but they are predicting serious storms for us. Strong damaging winds and large hail Shocked I asked Justin to take the bus to school instead of driving. I don't know if he will.

I need to do some paperwork and I got all my beads from ebay and I am going to make my crystal and rhinestone necklace and a new ankle bracelet. I also have to fix an earing for my mom.

I am also going to be glued to the Clay Boards to see what the news is about this babydaddy story! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: