Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:55 pm

OMG LUCA!!!! You HAVE to get that for Mohana!!!!!!!!!!! That is freaking GORGEOUS and PERFECT for her!!!!!!!!! Seriously! Whatever it takes GET IT! She will be soooooooo amazing in that!!

OK, well I couldn't order the outfit for Rumor (have to get a name for her) before because I didn't have enough in my Pay-Pal currency balance UNTIL NOW! The girl who bought my Lead bought my Filato too! I know, I wasn't going to sell him, but I so wanted to get that black/white/red outfit for her and I knew Chelsey wanted a Filato SO I PM'd her and said if she still wanted one and paid me tonight I would get him out tomorrow with Lead. She paid me ASAP! Like in two minutes from the PM Laughing So I ordered the outfit, but from a different site. Even though where I got Rumor charges the same $120 that all other sites do for the basic doll, for some reason they wanted $68 for the outfit, where another site I almost bought Rumor from (except she would have been random eyes) had the outfit for $56. So I got it from there. So Rumor now has hair coming and clothes and boots. EEEEKKKKK!!!

Aw, I love that piggy! Boy the boys are way ugly Evil or Very Mad I don't know how a doll designer can come up with such pretty girls (except I am not sure about teeth girl) and make such ugly boys.

I am so glad that you think I picked good wigs. I so want her to look beautiful.

On a sad note - Filato is leaving before I ever married Flynn and Natalie. I spent forever trying to get the right outfit for her wedding dress and Flynn was such a cool lad. Also, I was bummed wrapping up Landon. Lead really is a beautiful boy. But, selling these dolls is the only way I can get the BJDs without waiting until next Xmas, and there was just no way I could wait. So I know Clay and Luca are staying. I think the two girls I keep will be Natalie for Clay and my Papin for Luca. If I am thrilled with Rumor then I will consider selling my Haute for Innuendo. Do you think that that is a smart decision? With her so limited and special - is it a mistake to sell her? I was so torn between Rumor and Innuendo and selling Haute seems the only way to get both. I so value your opinion - what would you do?

If Marissa buys Cornice and this guy comes through and buys Nomado - that money goes to Rob to cover Rumor, since I screwed up with ordering her. I suppose if I can sell my Missionary, Crazzia and Zuora they would pay for Innuendo. But that would not be enough to get her an outfit.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:16 pm

Ooo that is a tough one. I know from experience that once you decide that you want another doll it is so much easier to part with others from the collection that your interest is growing away from. I am kind of in shock that you are selling your Filato, but totally understand that it it hard to pass up a sale when the buyer is hot! Timing is everything in these things. If it was me? I would'nt sell her(Haute) for less than 200.00 plus shipping-that would be a 70.00 profit which I think is the minimum you should hold out for because she was such a limited doll. Then you could afford the doll you want and 1-2 fine, new outfits and shoes! But, you will have to do your market research to see if that is realistic or not.

Oh yes....I will have that outfit for Mo...the colors and everything about it are perfecto! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I am wanting to sell some Pullip or Taeyang clothes to make some money to help pay for all the stuff I have been buying lately...but, I don't know what is desirable out there in Pullip land anymore. Do you have any idea what outfits or items people might be looking for that I have?

I think I would ask more for Zuora...she is kind of popular and rare isn't she?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:36 pm

Thanks for your input. I am torn at the moment. Well, I did de-wig my Zuora so I don't know what effect that has on the value. Is $65 plus shipping good?

Yeah, I know. Kinda sad about Flynn Crying or Very sad But I knew she would scarf him up and I so wanted to get Rumor her outfit. Plus, maybe shipping will be less if I put them both in the same box.

Hum, nice stock outfits always sell pretty fast if the price is right. Did you sell most of the rock stuff with Bill? I am keeping my MJ and Tim stock for Luca. Barbie stuff flies off the thread if the price is low. I am thinking about selling some Barbie stuff. I have a lot and need to go through it all. I will want to keep a lot of it though for the dolls I do keep. I just don't know if selling off those things one at a time is worth it though. You know - all those $2 and $3 things. If I keep my J-Dolls the Barbie stuff looks awesome on them.

Gosh, I hope I don't wake up in a week and go "What the hell did I do?"

Gotta go jump in the shower! Later~
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 10:13 pm

The hardest part for me has been right before you box them up, they suddenly look the best they ever have and I have had an instance of wondering if I should keep them, but when the deal is done and I am boxing them up I become all business and have not given it a second
thought.

I really don't want to bother selling 1 and 2 dollar items...that is hardly worth bothering with. I either want to sell an item for at least 5-10.00 or it isn't worth it to me.

I put Cornice's stock outfit up on Requiem's site and did'nt get any interest at all for 40.00, and now I am glad I did'nt sell it because I am using parts of it for Mal. I am not quite ready to part with MJ's stock yet.
I only have bits and pieces of Timulas' stuff and the rest of my boy stuff is hit and miss. But, I may sell off some of my baggy clothes that I have acquired and the mEda hat...that may bring in 15.00. Does'nt she charge quite a bit for her hats?

I think you should throw in an extra free wig (+ her stock one!) + the stock one if you are going to ask 65.00 + shipping for a nude Zuora. It is worth a try at that price. Maybe one of the cheaper ones you have bought for 10.-14.00 to sweeten the deal. Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 5:57 am

Good morning!

Well, maybe $65 shipped is good for Zuora? I don't think I want to part with any of the wigs. They all look so good on Papin and Nero and with them I can change up their looks since I am going to have a much smaller collection of them.

I won't be around much today. All the usual Weds. errands and going to folks' house.

I am sure once I have Rumor and her wig and clothes I will be OK with this decision. Yes, holding Landon and removing his clothes felt sad, but once he was wrapped up carefully and placed in the box I just though about the excitement of the new adventure. I just hope I really love her as much as I think I will. I found a You Tube video of a girl who taped herself opening her boxes. She got 3 Goodreaus at once and taped her excitement of their arrival and her reaction to each one as she opened them. It was cute, but they are SO big Shocked AND the white one was SO white Shocked (but her persona for the white one is a dead Geisha girl Laughing so I guess that works) glad I am not getting a white one. Anyway, the size of them may freak me out at first. One of the ones she got was a Rumor and she said "Oh, she is gorgeous!" So that is a good sign. She did not get an Innuendo though.

Have a great day and talk to you later! sunny
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:28 am

This is so funny you completely are going through the same process I did when I sold the majority of my Pullip collection! I still enjoy having my three though! That Prunella is sure a gorgeous doll after seeing her with Bill, but no way would I pay 130.00 or whatever she is going for.

You will see when you get your Rumor how the BJD's are just impressive...in their posing ability, their presence, etc. There is no turning back once you get one. Pullips and J-dolls will never be quite the same.

I would not do a shipped price...that limits your profit if someone International wants her. I would just ask 60.00 + shipping and throw in a dress.

Have a great day! TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:50 am

Thanks! That is what I will do.

I paid $10 for my hats from mEda. I love those darn hats!

Well, it did break my heart a little wrapping up Flynn Sad Filato is just such a pretty and sweet faced boy. But yes, I am going through that process, but in my case it was the Hestias that did it. Actually once they all came the J-Dolls really looked sweet and pretty, but they paled in comparison, and made the Pullips and Taeyangs look like younger or something. I can't put my finger on it. They are simply adorable and fun, but the Hestias make you go "Oh my God how beautiful!" Which is the way I feel when I see pix of Rumor and Innuendo. Just "OMG how beautiful they are".

Honestly, 12 Pullips/Taeyangs is a lot of re-dressing!!! When the daycare girls would say lets change them again - 12 is a lot!! Razz

It is possible I will have 2 BJDs, 2 J-Dolls, 3 Hestias and 4 Pullips. It sounds like a nice size and varied collection no? Right now I think I will keep the J-Dolls because I have that boatload of Barbie clothes and it will be fun to dress them. Everything fits - hats, sunglasses all the shoes/boots. So I think they will be good for the fun of dressing up. There is no way I will be able to have a lot of clothes for the Goodreau girls at the prices of their outfits and clothes in general for BJD. Why did I not learn how to sew??? THAT is what I should have learned to do!! *smacks head*

Yes, Prunella and ALa are the best they have come out with IMHO. I haven't canceled ALa yet because I really want to be sure before I do. She is only $78 pre-order and that is a really nice price for such a pretty Pullip. So I have some time to decide on that one. I want to be really sure. I have waited so long for the right browed/brunette.

I already got a shipping notice on the outfit! It is coming from NYC. So maybe by Saturday? So a week from now I should have Rumor/hair/clothes all together AND I don't have to hide her in a cabinet and wait for a holiday!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:11 am

Very cool my laydee! Twisted Evil I need to quickly get some eyelashes for Mo today... She left Korea today, so I am thinking maybe early next week? I hopeat least have the gray dress I ordered and some of the other things for her by then!

I have never had anything delivered by EMS before...are they like UPS and will bring it to your house, but you have to sign for it? We are never home during the day so it usuallly turns into a hassle. I used to love getting Pullips delivered because they would just leave the box there for us.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:25 pm

Eeek! Look what I found!
http://cgi.ebay.com/SILVER-BLACK-RISQUE-OUTFIT-4-BJD-ELL-TYLER-BY-NANCIE_W0QQitemZ170197117705QQihZ007QQcategoryZ84635QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/PINKY-OOAK-4-Goodreau-Vinyl-BJD-Dollfie_W0QQitemZ310027006235QQihZ021QQcategoryZ343QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:56 pm

OMFG LUCA!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought that black and white baby so fast your head would spin!!!!!!!!! THAT is so much exactly like what I wanted for my Goodreau girl/girls!! There was no way I was waiting and letting that one get away! $34.50 shipped is soooo much cheaper than the Goodreau outfits the shops sell! The one I bought last night was $66 shipped. So this is great! Now I really need to sell some more dolls quickly! Doesn't the Innuendo in that photo-shoot look gorgeous! I am soooo getting her as soon as I sell enough dolls/wigs/dresses/whaterverthehellittakes! EEEK! I will need to get another pair of shoes and shocks for Goodreau girls. I will be set then with two wigs and two outfits. I won't need to buy them eyelashes because you may have noticed they come with some major lashes Twisted Evil

Speaking of wigs - yours came today! It came in a big white envelope - not a box Suspect So I opened it up and made sure it was the right one and OK. It was and it is so gorgeous you will flip!! The color is so pretty! I did not open the plastic and take it out, but I can tell the style and quality is really nice. It is sooo going to be the perfect wig for Mohana!! So please hide it from Pru! Razz I don't want to put it in an envelope to send it to you. I will put it in little box that is just the right size. I am not sure when I will get to the post office since I have lots of kids tomorrow and Friday, plus Friday the heating people are coming to re-vent the furnace and put in a new side venting hot water heater - for the low, low price of $3,034! Shocked Suspect Mad Maybe Eric can take it tomorrow between classes. I am not sure what the shipping will be so I can't just put stamps on and stick it in our mailbox. If he can't make it tomorrow, he is off on Friday from school and will take it then.

I shipped Lead and Filato in one box, very well wrapped. I shipped it Priority and insured it for $100. It only cost me $6.95. So that was great to ship them both for that and I didn't have to buy any supplies either.

When I got Winda delivered EMS it was only 3 days from Japan. Yes, I did have to sign for her. I have had to sign for all of my Hestias. I assume I will have to sign for Rumor too.

My dad was more alert today and we got to visit. I stayed and met one of the new nurses who came to check him out. She walked in and said "Hi, I'm Debbie!" and I said "Hi! I'm Debbie too!" We are both blue eyed blondes too. It was funny. She was nice. My dad's skin and sores are just awful No The sores on his left arm won't close and the water retention oozes out so his arm was wrapped in a chucks Crying or Very sad But I brought in some chicken and mashed potatoes, from a place he likes, for all of us to eat for lunch and he ate more than usually. He was still pretty cranky to my mom (like big time) and says he wishes I could move in with them Shocked He likes when I am there I love you

Also, the urns came today. They came in gorgeous velvet boxes. The keepsake one for me came in a heart shaped box. The urns are beautiful and elegant and manly. So now we have them for when we need them and we are all set with the funeral home. So when the time comes we will be in good shape that way.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 5:45 pm

I knew you would love that black and white outfit!!!!!! Twisted Evil It is good to scarf up the good deals on cute clothes for our dolls when they come up! Did that seller have some other nice things? I did'nt get a chance to look! I know I have found some "good" deals on some very nice clothes for my dolls on Ebay. It is much more reasonable than on any doll sites. The BJD doll sites have turned out not to be great places to shop...as I have learned. People are way too proud of their used stuff. Although, I did buy some cute jewlery from a gal last week that I am anxious to get.
It was quite reasonable and unique.

I am really excited about the wig I bought from you. That is great to hear that the color is so nice. Just send it when you can. I always wanted one like that, but was not going to pay full price. I do have a feeling Mohana will look great in it! We are definitely going to have a wig fashion show when I get her to see what you think!

Glad to hear you had a good visit with your Dad. It bet your Dad is very happy to get visitors since he can't get out and it gives him a break from your Mom. Even the most loving spouses can get on your last nerve once and a while...especially when they are your caregiver.

3 K for venting the furnace????? Shocked Yikes! I guess you will be having some more dolly sales coming up to keep those new girls dressed in style!
Haute better get her luggage packed! Laughing Twisted Evil Wink

I wonder if I will get my doll in 3 days from Korea? That would be unreal!!!! And fantastic! Saturday would be great because my husband will be home to accept delivery. I have to work. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Yes, that outfit is perfect! She started the bidding at $25 but BIN was $30 so no way was I just going to risk losing it for $5. There is so little out there that says will fit Goodreau dolls. You know, some sites say they are 15.5 inches, other say 16 inches and I have seen two say 17 inches Suspect So until I can messure her for myself I am too nervous to buy anything else. So you finding that outfit was like a gift! The seller has a few cute things, but nothing as nice or that says for Goodreau. I put her in my fave sellers and since she sews the outfits herself and has a Goodreau, maybe I can ask her some day about making more outfits for Goodreaus.

I truly think this wig was made for Mohona, especially with the persona you have given her AND it will be awesome with the dress you ARE going to win!!!

It is 3K to vent the furnace out the side of the house and for a new hot water heater with special venting for outside the house. Also to close-up the bad chimney. I laughed out loud when you said Haute better pack her bags Laughing If I can sell the others and get Innuendo, then Kira may be sticking around. But you never know Razz

Remember how the Japanese seller wrote to me that she had just sent my Wolf via EMS and that I would have her in a couple of days? How I laughed and said to you that she doesn't know how LONG it takes the dolls to get from overseas to Sugar Grove and that I wished she would be here in a couple of days? AND THEN she was HERE in a couple days!!! So Luca she could be to your house by Saturday for sure. The thing is you need to know if EMS delivers on Saturday. UPS doesn't, much to Justin's chagrin because 9 out of 10 times his stuff doesn't make it on Friday and he has to wait to Monday.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:55 pm

Good point about checking to see if EMS delivers on Saturday! I am going to run over right now and check the Doll Factory site to see if there have been any updates since this morning on where she is and I will let you know.

I got one of the many items I have ordered today for Mo...they are a pair of black lace up boots that I got directly from the Monique Gold web site.
They are nice, but more modern looking and masculine than I thought they looked on the web site, so they are going to Val. They look good on him and will fit nicely with his steampunk look when he goes into the future.

I am going to put some of the Tom clothes I have up for sale tonight and see if I can bring in some extra cash to pay for all the clothes I am going to have to pay for here eventually! Shocked I have 100.00 worth of custom clothes ordered and will have to buy that dress on Ebay in 5 days or so for I am hoping 47.00 with shipping... Oy, I am going to quit spending for a while after that. I have to gear up for horse season again when I have to start selling out over 200.00 every 8 weeks for horseshoeing, and that is only part of the horse upkeep expenses that will kick in. I have not heard back from the seamstress I have commissioned since the last time I talked to her. She is a little iffy on the communication...I made some decisions on the fabrics for one outfit and for a dress. She asked me some questions about how I wanted the fabric of the dress to be layered and I told her I would like to get her ideas on that since she has made this dress many times before and would know better than me what would look the best...knowing her she is just making all the stuff and will ask me for payment any day now. That is fine, it just would be nice to know what is going on rather than having to assume. I did mention to her I thought my doll would be here in 10 days when I talked to her last and asked if she would have any of the items done yet...
Should be interesting!

Glad I made you laugh! Smile
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:03 pm

I just got an email from that seller and she has prepared the outfit to ship and is sending it out in the morning! It comes with the earrings and necklace too! I didn't even notice that until I just looked at it again. Very cool! Rumor has some bling coming!! Now, I really must go find her a name!

Here is a pic with the jewelry.

Dolls - Page 4 BlacksilverC5
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:16 pm

I have decided on the name Rylee. I think it is fun and young and cute!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:16 pm

That is one sexy, fun outfit! I love that it comes with the jewlery too! Definitely a good deal! And you have the perfect white boots to go with it too!

Mo did'nt leave Korea until this afternoon from the looks of it. She left the main post office this morning and boarded the plane later in the day. I bet it will be Monday. I would think it would take at least 2 days after she gets into the US after that. That is fine with me because that gives me more time to get things I have ordered for her in! I must go get my lashes right now!

ETA: Perfect name! I love it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:36 pm

I am so glad you like the name! I really struggled with this one. The sisters were easy. Isis and Rhian (and the meaning of the names) just worked so perfect with their looks. Rylee is going to be young, fun and naive. Innuendo (who I will get dammit Twisted Evil ) will be a few years older than Rylee and a bit wiser and perhaps the more sophisticated one. I think they will be cousins who are very close (like I have been with 3 of my cousins my whole life) who live together. I am so glad you like the outfit and that you found it for me!! You are the bestest friend! Yes, the white boots will be perfect with it!

I will do my best to get the wig out to you tomorrow if Eric can get to the post office between classes. I so want you to have it for her arrival home! A woman needs her hair!!! Perhaps she will have to go steal one of Pru's.

BTW, sorry the boots didn't work out for Mo, but it is great that they work for Val. Poor Mo - Pru swipes her hair and Val ran off with her boots! Razz That girl needs to get home and claim her goodies!

What a week we two are going to have next week!! We should both have our new girls and wigs and some new clothes for them!!! We are going to have some major bonding!! Not that that is anything new! I love you

Well, I need to hit the hay! See ya in the morning!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:27 pm

I do agree that at least half the fun of collecting these dolls is the anticipation of their arrival and the planning...and the buying for them!
Dayumm they are needy!

I think that wig you are sending me is going to match Mo's eyebrows and coloring perfectly! She has a brown adventurer elf tunic with print sleeves and brown pants that I know that wig is going to be perfect for! Now I have to find a pair of brown shoes...grumble, grumble. Shoes are really tough to find that fit and they expensive...Thanks for trying to get the wig to me asap, but don't stress about it or anything! She is coming with a wig, plus I have at least two other back-ups!

Man, I am tired too tonight! I am going to crash soon too! TtYT!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 6:02 am

Good morning!

I am so glad that Mo will have some goodies and hair waiting for her when she gets home!! I don't know how long it takes mail to get to you from me, but hopefully by Tuesday you will have it.

Yes, shoes are going to be an issue from me because from what I have read only the Goodreau shoes truly fit. HerRoyalDemoness said that you can buy some MSD BJD shoes for them from Miniwoo and they will fit if you keep the tissue that Minniwoo puts in the toes when she ships them. So maybe I will try that if I cannot find what I want at Goodreau.

BTW, I can't wait to see the jewelry you ordered!!

Oh, and that pic of Innuendo with the dress and jewelry would probably feel like needles in the eyes of some of the folks at DOA Razz I mean she looks so western and fashion doll! Laughing Sorry, but some of the comments at this doll board I read were just too much. I mean Goodreau and other US dolls are going to ruin the BJD world Rolling Eyes It cracked me up. I don't think Goodreau is going to have any effect on collectors wanting the more pricey ABJD.

Gotta run!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:04 am

Yes, their are some weird ideas over at DOA. No Very clique-ish. To me, the Goodreau girls look very similar to the Nabi-kiss dolls...only better! Twisted Evil

I can understand not wanting to include Pullips and Blythes...those dolls are in an other catergory and league. But, Goodreau are true BJD's held together by string. Amirite?

MO has arrived in Los Angeles all ready! Shocked I wonder if they will try and deliver her tommorrow! Alas, we won't be home... Crying or Very sad

Have a great day! I probably won't have computer access until this evening!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:30 am

I have never heard of Nabi-kiss dolls. I will have to check them out. I could have gone with the least expensive ABJD the Bobobie, but frankly I don't think any of them are as nice as the Goodreau dolls. Yes, they are true BJDs, and now they even come in Resin. From what I can tell it is more the fact that they look like fashion dolls, but let me tell you I have seen plenty of stunningly gorgeous ABJD that could easily be considered fashion doll looking. I guess that is why I thought they were stunningly gorgeous! Razz But they were the ones over $600 so I don't really get it. A beautiful doll is a beautiful doll and like people they come in different styles and there will always be a market for the truly expensive and unique ABJD.

Oh goodness! Tomorrow! Is there no way one of you can be home? Where would EMS take her if you are not home? When hubby and I were first married and waiting for a table to be delivered and we were not home - they sent it right back to Ohio!! Mad It was weeks late in getting delivered, no one called us ahead of time and then they send it back to Ohio! Needless to say we canceled the order and got a table elsewhere Twisted Evil

Hope you have a beautiful day! Talk to you tonight! Oh BTW, we are suppose to get 4 inches of snow tonight Shocked It will be our 35th measurable snowfall this winter season. Can you believe that? 35th! I WANT SPRING SPRUNG!!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 10:21 am

OK, so this doesn't look like a western fashion doll? Suspect Razz

Dolls - Page 4 Nabilove

Dolls - Page 4 Nudewhite

Actually, I think these Nabi-kiss dolls are pretty. Some of them were a little strange, but I would buy this one - except that they are pretty expensive.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi!

I got the check this afternoon. Thanks! Eric was suppose to take your package to the post office before his 3:30 PM class. I gave him $4 and told him to ask for priority shipping. Hopefully he remembered Razz When I hear from him I'll let you know if and how it was sent. He is pretty reliable though so I am sure he went to the P.O. - just not sure if he remembered Priority or not.

That seller of the black and white outfit sent me a nice PM this afternoon letting me know the outfit was on the way. I wrote back thanking her and asking if she would be making more outfits for Goodreau Girls. She said she has made some before and will be making more. She has made a lot of Ellowyane dresses and she says they are the same size. She had me look at a site with some of her sold dresses/outfits. Her work is gorgeous, but definitely leans towards gowns. She said she would make me anything I saw in her sold items or I could show her pix of something I would like done! So that is great to know! As soon as I get some more dolls sold and get Innuendo and I am going to see what else I can sell and have her make some dresses etc.

I found some awesome shoes on ebay for MSD dolls and I thought I would ask the seller if she knows if they would fit Goodreau dolls. It is worth a shot. They are really cool black heels that come with straps for 3 different looks. They are about $20 shipped, but they can look like 3 pairs of shoes and would go with a lot. They come in white too. I also found some really cool boots and wonder if any would fit scratch I wish they would have the same feet as other MSD BJDs Mad It would make life easier!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:54 pm

I would contact the place you ordered the doll from and ask for the measurements and the foot size in inches and cm/mm. They should be able to give you that info and then you can give that to the seller of the shoes. Trust me, the sellers cannot keep up on all the different doll brands and the foot sizes. What seller had the shoes you were interested in? If they are 60 mm or greater they are going to be way too big. Sometimes the listing will give you the measure of the shoe also. They usually recommed you add 4-5 mm to the length of the foot to give you a decent fit and be able to get the shoe on and off easily. Hope that helps.

Mo made it through customs in LA and is on her way here. The US postal office delivers EMS in my area, and they deliver on Saturday and my husband will be home! If by chance she comes tomorrow...they will leave a notice and will retry again on Saturday if they need a signature-which I'm sure they will. Unfortunately, I have to work, then we have plans to attend a wine tasting right after I get off work so won't get to open the doll until after 6:00, but hey, better late than never!

Thanks for trying to get the wig to me quickly...I apprecitate it! She will have 2-3 others to wear until she gets yours though! Wink That is great you have found a seller that is reasonable to buy from. You can find cute things you like on other size dolls and ask her if she can do something like that for your girl. It sure worked well for Mohana's outfit that I will get -that is for sure!

ITA with what you are saying about there being lots of fashion/american style BJD molds out there that are accepted at DOA. See what I mean about the Nabi Kiss dolls? They are very close to Goodreau in style of the sculpt... No Suspect What a Face

Better get back to work....
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 4:26 pm

YAY! Eric just called and said he sent it out Priority at 3:00 PM. He is a good boy!! Very Happy

Yes, I will measure Rylee's feet when she gets here, and her boots. I want the black heels to go with the new dress that is coming. I wouldn't be in such a hurry if the seller had more than one pair. But that is OK. I am sure I will find more in the future.

That is what I am going to do. Look at MSD BJD outfits out there and see if she can duplicate them. I wouldn't mind 2 fairy outfits in the future so I could make them fairies sometimes. I think I am going to do what you do in the future. Less dolls and more nice outfits!

I am glad it looks like you stand a great chance of getting Mo this weekend!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: