Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
Sky
Lau
frazzle
abrahammy
Badger
firecracker
Luca
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

American Idol - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:59 am

American Idol - Page 2 30350

All together now: AWWWW!!!

FWIW, a guy I know who used to be a DJ told me not too long ago that he thinks David Cook is the only contestant who has a real shot at a lasting career no matter where he ends up in the competition. He thinks Carly and Michael Johns may do well in Adult Contemporary and that David A. will have great success doing Disney-type stuff, but he doesn't see any of them lasting more than a couple of years at the most.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:29 am

AWWWWWWWW..........he is so cute................
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:11 am

OMG! Have you heard David Cook and his band do "CREEP"?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bnov79
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 2:58 pm

Thank you Sky!!!

I downloaded that so fast your head would spin! Razz

Simply amazing! What a voice that man has! It just builds and builds in the song and I liked it so much better than Marty's version, even though I really like Marty a lot!

So that will go on my David CD!

I was reading at a Clay board that David Cook's performance from last night was all the talk on CNN this morning!

For me, unlike all the others, David has not had one performance that I didn't love. David A. has a beautiful voice and is a cutie, but he has made a couple of bad song choices, and then of course there was the night he forgot the words at 3 points in the song.

I would have to say I have also enjoyed all of Brooke's performances too - just some more than others. I can't really think of a bad Carly performance. I didn't care for the Blackbird song, but I still thought she sounded great singing it.

Looking forward to tonight's results show and seeing the group number and the Ford Commercial. Also looking forward to seeing Kim Locke's performance. I have not heard her new song.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:51 pm

Your head didn't spin any faster than mine! I just about flipped cheers when I saw the link for Creep. I love that song and Marty did okay with it. Wink

The talk about David C. and his song last night was probably because everyone thought it was his arrangement when actually Chris Cornell had done the song the same way before, so it wasn't an original version. Who cares, he did it beautifully!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Seacrest did introduce it as Chris's version (while standing in that stupid mosh pit with the endless arm waving that I hatess because it looks so fake) I think he did that to avoid any of the crap that Daughtry took when he did some band's version of some song. Not a big follower of Daughtry so I honestly don't remember - though it might have been "Walk The Line" scratch

Anyway, I just read at The Clack House that it was the talk of all the talk shows this morning! The You Tube video of his performance has over 265,000 views already!!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:16 pm

Quote :
The You Tube video of his performance has over 265,000 views already!!

Holy crow! that's amazing. A star is definitely being born!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:22 pm

Yes he is!! Very Happy And I am so happy to be here for the birth!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:01 pm

Yep that is Chris Cornell's arrangement of BJ. I just listened at Rickey and man that was incredible! I liked Brook and Jason C. too. Didn't like David A. at all. David C is surely the one to beat.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:43 pm

GB's recap of the top 10 was spot on and I also quite enjoyed it. He can be witty and appear clever when someone is coming behind him with spell check! Laughing Wink Thanks for bringing that over Lau.

The link for DC's band's rendition of Creep did'nt work for me...I would love to see that!

Oh, and FYI, I will be here early to find out here who goes home. I usually don't watch Wednesday night AI shows. I find them rather boring. I just want them to cut to the chase and tell us who goes. Does anyone know if they are having a decent guest performer tonight?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:51 pm

Creep is just an audio, no video. I had no problem with the link. Wonder why it won't work for you scratch

I will "spoiler" the info on who goes home. I believe I will be one of the first to know as I am central time and I know that is the one thing we have to put in a spoiler box.

My guess is Chick or Ramy. Too bad for her. She has potential and is such a little doll.

Kim Locke is the guest performer.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 7:40 pm

Luca, here are some sites where you can hear some of David's music with his band.

http://www.purevolume.com/axium

http://www.davidcooktheamericanidol.com/music/
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 7:56 pm

Tonight's bottom three!

Spoiler:

Going home!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:21 pm

Awww. I was hoping that person would last another week or two. One of the others that was not in the bottom three and one that was are skating on thin ice though. One of them will be next unless they bring it to the enth degree next week.

Last edited by Luca on Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:23 pm

You might want to "spoiler" your post since you mention gender and names.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:42 pm

I would rather have seen this person go home tonight:

Spoiler:

Lovely person that one I mentioned in the spoiler, but seems to be having a rough time.

I liked the one who went home tonight. But like Paula said, someone has to go each week.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:49 pm

I would have preferred the other person in the bottom two to leave. The one who left had much more personality.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:01 pm

All I can say is that I am extremely relieved. A worst case scenario was averted.

This is a good top 12. There won't be any boots that make me want to high five somebody.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:09 pm

Show is over in pacific time.

Dang. I really had no idea until he did She's a Woman that I would be really cheering for Chikezie.

I hope he does get involved with some half cornpone-bluegrass/rock band, with fiddle players and foot stomping instead of doing Luther Vandross songs..

In any event, I think he might be able to earn a living as a plain old good session singer. That is not quite as high on the $$ list as what I can imagine for Carley and Michael, but I hope he makes a living at it, at least.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:34 am

Chick hung in there a lot longer than most thought he would! It is a strong top 12 and they are all going to have to bring it every week. I really like most of the top 9 left. Kristy and Syesha are my least fave left and may be the ones to go the next two weeks. I think Ramy has a big fan-base who will keep her there for a few more weeks - unless she really stinks up the place and Kristy and Syesha really step up like they did this week. But once those 3 are gone it is going to be sad to see any of the others leave.

Chick has a great voice and a LOT of personality! Something Syesha lacks, at least IMHO. So he may catch some breaks after this. For me he is a better fit to fill Luther's shoes than Ruben. Ruben has a fine voice but not a lot of "it" factor while performing. I think Chick brings a lot more to his performances than Ruben did. So just maybe he can make a good living in the music biz.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:45 am

simon speaks out

Quote :
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How do you feel the show is going this season?

SIMON COWELL: It's interesting. I think the audience are much more savvy than I've seen them in previous years, and much less forgiving, which I'm happy about. I've got a feeling this year something strange could happen, particularly after what happened with David Cook last night. Because, I've got to tell you, watching it back, this performance he did on "Billie Jean," in my opinion, was in a different league to anything we've heard on the season so far. It was so much better, [chuckles] he kind of made some of the other performances seem ridiculous. But I'm glad! He was smart — I know where he got the arrangement of the song from, but that doesn't really matter. He was brilliant! And I was concerned three or four weeks ago that this was just going to be a coronation for David Archuleta and it's just a question of who comes [in] second. I'm not so sure anymore. And, you know, with Jason Castro last night — there's a guy who thinks he's just sailing along, and I thought it was a bad performance. You give somebody like him a kick up the ass, let's see what he can deliver now. But I thought it was, um, an interesting night last night.

Quote :
What is it like to be surrounded by people just standing there, waving their arms and clapping not in time with the music?
It's a little bit annoying at times, because you kind of think that it's like they're all hypnotized! [Laughs] That's probably the best way of describing it. It's like they all wake up after it's finished and think What have I just been doing? I used to like when people were sitting down to the left and right of me, because I like to see what the audience are doing [during a performance]. I think it's as important to watch the audience reaction without them being aware of being watched as it is listening to the song yourself: You see them get excited; you see them bored. With this lot in front of me [now], I haven't got a clue what's going on. So we may have to sit them down in the future. I think it's good idea for the final; I'm not sure it's a good idea for the [regular shows]. Particularly, when you've got someone at the piano doing a Sting song, there's nothing much to wave about, is there?
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:50 am

Simon was right on target for me with those remarks. I'm glad to hear him admit that it isn't cut and dried for David A. like it looked a few weeks ago. It's much more interesting to watch when a few have a chance at winning.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:06 am

The studio recordings are up at this site......this site has higher quality recordings.........

http://www.allaboutidolshows.com/search/label/American%20Idol%207%20Studio%20Recording
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:24 am

Thank you so much Sky!! I love you

I downloaded David C and Brooke!

I read at The Clack House that his studio recording was amazing!! Going to go listen now!

ETA: HOLY CRAP!! It is freaking amazing! He has got one of the best male rock vocals I have ever heard!! He held some incredible notes! Just WOW! This is what I love the most about AI! Finding an incredible new voice to listen to!

I will say this - win, place or show - David Cook will be leaving AI with a contract! I'd bet everything I have on it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:50 am

WOW! Brooke's is great!! I love what she brought to the song and her little change ups! She has a beautiful recording voice!! I would also buy a CD of hers in a heartbeat!

Now, I decided to download Carly's too. The girl has a stellar voice, but I must say she brought absolutely nothing different to the song. I could have just as easily been listening to Bonnie singing it and never tell the difference.

I think I will download Ramy and see if she did better in the the recording of it since she was ill the night of the show.

ETA: This really is a great group! Ramy gave me chills. She sounded wonderful on the recording. So did Michael. Jason - it was very pleasant. He sings a bit breathy - which is not my fave style of singing - but he has a nice voice. The problem I would say is that it is not very distinctive. His voice does not match his looks. I think if he is a good songwriter and can release a CD of his material he could do well. I don't think he brings anything special to the songs he covers.

Now, David A. Chills from my shoulders to my toes! What a simply gorgeous recording voice! Goodness! The song itself is nice in parts, definitely has the whole AI Coronation Song vibe, but his voice on it is flawless and distinctive! You would know that voice as soon as you hear the song. That is what I love so much about Clay's voice. You just know it is him singing the second the song starts.

I think if David had waited a couple years when he looked a bit more mature and had a better stage presence he would have been near impossible to beat. I think he still may be the winner if he picks the right songs, but he is a little vulnerable at the moment. But he is also one that I think will have a recording contract in the bag where ever he lands on this show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next