Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
Sky
Lau
frazzle
abrahammy
Badger
firecracker
Luca
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

American Idol - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:40 pm

I'm only interested in Michael, David C., Jason, Brooke and I downloaded Carly's too just so I could listen to it. Any of the first four I would purchase a cd by them.

I had forgotten and posted the link for these here rather than pm, but our site is small so I think it's okay. Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:28 pm

Yes, we are tiny. You are probably safe.

AI has pulled all the You Tubes of the performance Mad WTF?

I now have 31 David Cook songs downloaded!!!!!!

For Frazz:

Quote :
Chatting With Chikeze

His song choice was criticized by the judges, and he was eliminated from American Idol after singing it, but Chikeze has no regrets about choosing Luther Vandross's "If Only For One Night" this week.

"If I had gotten another chance to do it again, I would do it the exact same way," he told me during a conference call this afternoon. "Because that's the only way that I could have gone home happy, is by following my heart...If I had done something that wasn't me, and then I had gone home, I would have been so upset that I didn't follow my heart. I would have been so upset and so distraught about it. I'm so glad I did what I did."

I also asked Chikeze, who seemed to have multiple music personalities while competing on Idol, what kind of music he would like to record in the future.

"Basically, I love the idea of fusion." he said. "I love the idea of bringing together several different styles to make something new, make something fresh, make something people have never heard before. I really respect people like Gnarls Barkley - people who could take risks with music and come out on top because they believe in what they're doing and they're dedicated to it."
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:29 pm

Wow, FC, 31 songs? I haven't counted mine, but I know there aren't that many.............. In the back of my mind, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better that he didn't win and wouldn't be bound by the AI contracts?

edit....I counted, I have 16. I'm mainly wanting full length songs and not the songs I don't like. I don't mean he didn't do them well, I just don't like the songs. Smile
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:49 pm

I haven't listened to them all yet. I just downloaded everything I saw because they are talking of taking some down or shortening them and I wanted to get everything before that happened. I will listen to them on my laptop and delete any I don't think I will want. A gal at The Clack House had some links of songs that were not at the site we had. Plus it includes his AI performances. I know some of what I downloaded are just samples, but I want to hear them anyway.

I know what you mean, but I think David's reactions to the judges saying he could win showed he wants to win. You know, Clive did alright by Daughtry - maybe (crosses fingers) he will do the same for David C.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:15 pm

I have 21 now............. Laughing

What songs did you get that weren't on all the other sites? Geesh, more hunting to do.............. Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:17 pm

I will see if I can PM you the links Wink
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:21 pm

Oh, cool!!!

I found this in my search.................

Doxology Speaks Out on American Idol’s / David Cook’s Outright Music Piracy
David Cook, American Idol Contestant, Uses Doxology's Arrangement Of Eleanor Rigby As His Own - On American Idol , March 11, 2008 Episode

Source: A.E. Entertainment Public Relations
Mar 15, 2008 15:55:04

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRLog (Press Release) – Mar 15, 2008 – • Seattle, WA – : After much deliberation, Doxology is releasing a statement to the press. There are many reasons that the Seattle area band feels it is necessary to shed some light on recent events. First and foremost, Doxology is not angry with David Cook or American Idol. They are, however, troubled by the lack of public acknowledgement that the arrangement of "Eleanor Rigby," used by David Cook on American Idol's March 11, 2008 episode and its’ subsequent iTunes studio recording, is a near note-for-note copy of a unique demo arrangement recorded by Doxology in 2006. The band feels that David is a great performer, and they are also supporters and fans of American Idol (Blake Lewis, a good friend of the band, was last season's American Idol runner up). Secondly, Doxology is in disagreement with Idol's decision to post David Cook's performance and studio recording on iTunes. This allows American Idol to profit from the David Cook, March 11th performance and studio recording, without crediting the source for the recording's arrangement. This is not the first time American Idol has had to deal with this type of issue. During season 5 of Idol, Chris Daughtry used an arrangement from a band without crediting his source. To listen to Doxology’s original demo recording of “Eleanor Rigby” and additional original song selections visit www.myspace.com/dxband.

• Quote from Doxology lead vocalist Luke McPherson: "Our main issue is that when given the opportunity to speak up and reveal where the arrangement came from, David Cook did not. His silence on the issue implies that the arrangement is his own. It is not." Luke goes on to say, "We were even more surprised when the studio recording, released Thursday morning, was even more of a note-for-note instrumental copy of Doxology's recording. I want to be clear. We are not seeking royalties. That's not what this is about. The compensation we are asking for is the easiest and least expensive around – we, at minimum, want David Cook and/or American Idol to admit that the arrangement he performed on March 11th, and then went into the studio and recorded for immediate sale, was not only inspired by, but almost completely carbon copied from our arrangement. We just want David Cook and American Idol to do the right thing and acknowledge these facts. It's that simple."

• Doxology has secured Anthony Embry with A.E. Entertainment Public Relations as their chief publicist to communicate to various media outlets. They will only make comments, quotes, and grant interviews through their publicist. All follow ups and requests for future interviews/quotes should be directed to Anthony. You may submit requests by using this form - - - > http://www.aepublicrelations.com/clients.asp#form
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:30 pm

You would think that AI learned from the Daughtry incident Rolling Eyes This is no doubt why Ryan was clear to announce that David was doing Chris Cornell's version of Billie Jean. My guess is the contestants pretty much just say what their handlers tell them. I saw a TMZ video of Jason being hounded by Paps asking questions and his handler literally pushing Jason away from them and telling them he won't answer questions. Jason of course just had his usual stoned looking big grin while being pushed Razz It must seem so strange to him.

ETA: EEEKK! Sky, The Clark Brothers are going to be the guest perfomers on next week's results show!!!

Next week Dolly Parton is the mentor and they will all be doing Dolly Parton songs.

My guess is Carly or Syesha will do "I Will Always Love You". Now, I have got to see if I can figure got a Dolly song that David could do in his rock style scratch I am not a big Dolly fan and I cannot think of too many of her songs. I know there was one about a coat, 9 to 5, Here you Come Again and Islands in the Stream with Kenny Rogers.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Jason is such a cutie! I really like his songs too.

Who would have thought there would be so many talented singers this season! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:48 pm

OMG!!!!!!!! I am going to have a really hard time waiting for the results show..................... I really fell for the Clark Bros.............

I'm not thrilled with the country show, but I'll get through it. Gee, I wonder what Michael and Jason will sing. I know David C. will pull it off!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:52 pm

Since Jason is so laid back, he should do Clay's version of "Here You Come Again". It is a really chilled back version and really pretty. It was one of my faves from Clay's last CD.

I am not ever thrilled with country night and neither is Simon! Remember, he doesn't really "get" country music Razz

ETA: Luca, did you ever get the live version of Creep?

try right click and save this link

http://ysrn.8m.com/DavidCook/new/Creep%20%28Radiohead%20Cover%29.mp3
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 5:00 pm

That would be a good song for Jason. Yeah, I bet Simon is thrilled.... Laughing

Not being thrilled with country, I was surprised to find myself loving the Clark Brothers. Their talent playing the Dobro and Mandolin were the plus factor though.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 5:07 pm

It didn't hurt that they were gorgeous Razz
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 5:11 pm

firecracker wrote:
It didn't hurt that they were gorgeous Razz

Oh, right..........that too! Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 5:15 pm

A list of David Cook's songs out there! Wow! Shocked

Axium - Matter of Time (2002)

1. Why Do You Care

2. Close Your Eyes

*3. Empty Again

*4. Matter of Time

*5. Me

*6. Change

*7. No Free Advice

*8. No Place To Go

9. Somber

10. Peace of Mind (Song for Sarah)

Axium - Blindsided (2003)

1. Feed Your Ego

2. Hold

3. Testament

4. Just In Case

5. Clean Break

6. Thought You Knew

7. Leave Behind

*8. Truth is a Gun

*9. Therapy

Available at Walmart:

http://musicdownloads.walmart.com/catalog/servlet/AlbumServlet?id=370985

Axium - The Story Thus Far (2004)

1. Callout

2. AC

*3. Pecking Order

4. Holding Court

5. Balance

*6. Whipped

*7. Under Fire

8. Incarcerate

*9. Unlucky

*10. Colors of A Bruise

*11. On The Floor

12. The Finish Line

*13. Uncovered

Available at Walmart: http://musicdownloads.walmart.com/catalog/servlet/AlbumServlet?id=368757

Axium - Alive in Tulsa, @The Venue 2/14/04

*1. Bastard Ass Yellow Light

*2. AC

*3. Clean Break

*4. Feed Your Ego

*5. Incarcerate

6. Creep (Radiohead cover)

*7. Thought You Knew

*8. Truth Is A Gun

Analog Heart

The Truth

Straight Ahead

Don't Say A Word

Fall Back Into Me

Searchlights

Porcelain

Stitches

Let Go

Makeover

Silver

Midwest Kings - Incoherent with Desire to Move On (EP)

Circles Anthem

Killing More Than Time

Song To Me

One True Thing

Make Me

*Rearview
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 5:22 pm

What are the stars in front of some of the songs?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:00 pm

HaHa - I just copied the list from a poster at CH. She put * next to the songs she doesn't have and is looking for. I wanted the list here so I can do a check off of what I have and what I need Razz

Quote :

From rickey.org, though I'm not sure exactly where he's getting his info from since I thought the numbers for the Idols were not being released.

Well, it’s official: David Cook’s Billie Jean is the #1 song on iTunes, beating Mariah’s Carey’s “Touch My Body”, Madonna’s “4 Minutes” and Leona Lewis’ “Bleeding Love”.

Congratulations David Cook! You are the new front-runner on American Idol!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:11 pm

For Rose the Intern and Danny fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6sc4Fr10eA
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:19 am

The Soup has a little Idol fun! (so, I am not the only on who thinks Jason acts a little stoned Razz )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkT1mjF0JmU
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:33 am

Oh, the idea that Jason's a stoner is all over the boards. I'm conflicted, since being a stoner would not jive ALL that well with being the deeply religious Christian that is also out in all those rumors, but yeah. Folks think he's stoned.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:45 am

Ha, well - I didn't say he was a stoner. Just that he acts likes one Razz I have not heard he was very religious. Honestly, I do not know very much about Jason. He has not interested me enough to really find out much about him. He's super cute and has a lot of potential. That is about all I know about him Laughing

This MadTV video is so freaking cute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ntbC8dY6nc
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:15 pm

firecracker wrote:
The Soup has a little Idol fun! (so, I am not the only on who thinks Jason acts a little stoned Razz )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkT1mjF0JmU

I just think he's being who he is..........typical teen, don't give a hoot, having fun! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:15 pm

Okay, the MadTV clip was funny as heck!
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 2:01 pm

Keeping Lions, the band Jason drummed for, was a Christian band. I saw one of their old Myspace blogs when Jason left the group where they talk about praying with him then and feeling the power of the Holy Spirit. Also, he's a member of the Aggie Men's Club.

Quote :
Primary Target Audience/Focus:
- Religious
- Volunteer/Community Service
- Social

However, none of that means he doesn't get high. I was in our college Christian Student Union and I remember that although the vast majority of the members were the stereotypical straitlaced type, there were a few partyers in the bunch.

FWIW, my guess is that "Jason is a stoner" is going to be his version of "Clay is gay". It won't matter what the truth is, people on either side of the issue are going to believe what they want to believe.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 4:27 pm

Quote :
I just think he's being who he is..........typical teen, don't give a hoot, having fun!

That was my impression also.

But I agree that he might smoke - but I don't think he was high in that segment of Idol.

I think people put some wacky connotations on people if they are a little different from the norm. I think Jason is adorable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next