Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
Sky
Lau
frazzle
abrahammy
Badger
firecracker
Luca
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:39 pm

YAY! Luca and Frazz love Cookie!!!!!!! He is delish in every way! LOVE him to bits! He was fantastic tonight! Even my mom called to say she just loved his performance and she is not a huge fan of his. She likes him, but prefers Archie Rolling Eyes

DC was at one point a music theater major in college and switch to graphic design. There is actually a You Tube vid of him in a HS musical and he is dancing and cartwheeling all over the stage!

Have I mentioned I love him?? Oh, I am fangirlie alright!

I agree with Luca on Carly. Something went way off toward the end. Like her and the back-up singers were not even on the same page. Two weeks in a row she was a little too yelly. I think the studio version might be really good though. Carly records well.

Abrahammy, that is so bizzare about people taking that attitude toward Carly singing that song. Shocked

I would bet good money it is Brooke leaving. Maybe even an executive boot because the AI shrink things she will lose it on stage before to long. I mean it looks like it could really happen. I feel for her because I really do like her talent, she adorable and probably a super nice person under normal circumstances.

Thanks for telling us what all you have gathered. I've just been reading The CH and a DC board. The DC board is beside itself tonight!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:28 pm

Quote :
I agree GE, Randy soooo ever praises Archie. Every.single.week. It makes no sense. It's like he sings the same song every week and they all blur together. Imagine is the only song I can even remember the name of.

I hated how he did "Imagine". It's one of my favorite songs, one of those songs that you just shouldn't change. It's beautifully written and should be sung the way it was intended. I totally hated his version.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:39 pm

I didn't think Jason's was awful, and I do think he has a very distinctive voice. It probably wasn't the best song choice, but I liked it. I like the softness in his voice and the emotion in his voice.

David Cook............I really don't think there is any way to stop him from winning this whole thing. He was fabulous!!!

I'm not even going to comment on archie........he's just so blah... He did look REAL uncomfortable with the girls hugging him though. Laughing

Carly was okay........sometimes the background singers are way too loud.

Syesha has a future on Broadway, for sure.

Brooke, I love her voice, but this competition is for her.

Now, I have to go read what's being said!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 5:52 am

Wow, it is funny how people's opinions can be so different. You find Jason's voice distinctive and yet I can't even hear it my head right now. I can hear all the others, but not his. To me his voice is so weak and thin and breathy. I like is style and watching him. I do so wish his voice was just a little stronger. I do think he feels the lyrics which is really nice. I actually think most of this group feels their music. I know Brooke does. Not sure about DA.

I mentioned Imagine, not because of his arrangement or performance, just because it just really is about the only song I can remember the title of or that stood out at all. The only other one I remember is Angels and I know he messed up the words on some Stevie Song. Couldn't name any other song or performance to save my life.

I do hope you are right and that there is no stopping David Cook. One just has to wonder who the others' fans will vote for in the finale. Will Jason fans vote for DC or DA? What about Brooke's fans? I think what might have happened in season 2 is Kim's fans voted for Ruben rather than Clay. At least it is one possibility.

ETA: If you go here and read about DC's Analog Heart being number 1 and then pulled, you will see a video to the side of the article of Michael Johns being followed around for a day by Access Hollywood. It's cute!

http://www.accesshollywood.com/article/9202/america-downloads-david-cook-before-idols-2006-album-disappears-from-amazon/

EEEK! I just got a HD avi. download of Music of the Night from someone at at a DC fanboard! Perhaps that is how I got the other one. Just dumb luck reading the right thread at the right board I guess!

Watching it again it gave me chills and took my breath away!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:10 am

Well I survived hearing Music of the Night. David did a nice job on it. Technically fine, but the emotion needed for that song just wasn't there. And how could it be with it being such a shorten version. The singer of that song builds and allows the darkness to surface out of them. In a 1.5 - 2 minute production, it just isn't possible. That's part of the reason I didn't want to see that song done. Music of the Night is a very special song to me; has some very special personal connections for me. So I'm quite attached to it.

I also thought Syesha rocked the house. She made a nice bid for a Bway part last night and she will do very well if she gets there.

Brooke - the song was too big for her and I think she got overwhelmed.

David A. - I liked how he took "Think of Me" and readapted it. This kid is plenty talented. He is very deserving of being the next American Idol.

Carley - Good job until she messed up the words with the back up singers. She's another one that I think the song was too big for.

Jason - Aww, what I can say about that little cutie. It wasn't very good. But he tries.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:41 am

If Carly goes or is in the bottom three it is because she shrieked and the arrnagement was a choppy mess IMO, not because the song she performed pertained to Jesus Christ and was sung by Judas. She has been a huge disappointment to me. I anticipated she would really grow as the competition went on and she would find her niche, but every week I wind up being disappointed by her song choice and feel like she could have done better with the song or performance somehow and has never risen to her full potential.

I hope Brooke goes though. If she does'nt she has definitely gotten the sympathy vote and that is AI at it's finest for you. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:14 am

I agree Luca. I don't think it will have anything to do with "Jesus". She just flat out messed up that song. I like Carly but the last few weeks she just shouted at me. If people love Brooke they need to let her go for the sake of her sanity. Girl is a mess emotionally and has been the last few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:49 am

It is funny how so many people can watch the same thing and take away different things from it.

I'm sorry, but FC is right. I cannot distinguish one David A. song from another. He took a broadway song and made it a pop song...he sings pop songs...that's not stretching. That's making a song comfortable for you to sing.

David Cook, while I wasn't as blown away by the performance as some others, did take the risk. Instead of doing what he usually does - taking a song and making it edgy and rock-y, he sang it as if he was playing the role and nobody else did that. He went for it and that took a lot of guts.

I thought Carly did great. She did what everyone is saying Brooke should have done: she messed up but it didn't shake her and she just kept singing. Maybe it's because she did "come alive" when she started singing that song. She totally went for it. She looked awesome and I enjoyed watching her for the first time. I agreed with Simon's critique.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:09 pm

She did look awesome! But, I think she is very pretty and I usually think she looks good.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:22 pm

I don't mean just that she was pretty and had on a cool dress, I mean she looked like she was having a good time and so I had a good time. Even cranky Jacob at TwoP loved it:

Anyway, "Jesus Christ Superstar," the song. I like it, firstly. It's not my favorite one, that's "Heaven On Their Minds," obviously, and I would have died if somebody sang it on this show all awesomely. But still. Good show, good song. And Carly? Rocks it. Of course. It's yelly but pretty and angry but desperate. Those are the four things of Carly. She takes the rock song that it naturally is, and makes it even more rock songy. Fun. Actually, I love that (movie) enough that listening to the song right now kind of makes me sad. For Jesus, I mean, which is the point of the song and where it falls in the show. I don't think Carly gets that part, but whatever, it's a celebratory song too. Dang, what a good show. I'm totally going to watch that this weekend.

FC, he also compliments David C. in this same description!:

So that means something.) She did a good job, although David C. would have really rocked it. He is more Judas than Carly." ["I agree with every word of that, actually, of course. If David had done "Heaven" I probably would have cried. Love is a battlefield."]
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:21 pm

The Judas part has some juicier singing in that role at points. I've always loved the very showiness of the JCSuperstar song - but Heaven on their Minds really tells a story.

The Bway voting community is quite split about who did well last night. You'll find the poll on the bottom right side of the page.

Playbill voting
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:32 pm

I listened and thought she sounded fine. The music in JCS is HARD!I know because I spent one miserable long hot summer doing summer stock with that show. I associate it with being hot, miserable ,and living around a bunch of wankers. Pontius Pilate was stoned every freaking day. I just wanted to smash his face. Never again. That was my last show. Why volunteer to be around a bunch of morons?

But that being said Judas does have the best songs with maybe the exception of Gethsemane. None one sang that?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:21 pm

I love the song, the play, the movie the soundtrack which is freaking amazing! Doesn't change that Carly sounded shrill (none of the male vocalists sounded that way that I have heard sing that song) and the fact that she seemed to be on a different page than the back-up singers. It just sounded messed up compared to all the other versions of that song I have heard.

She looked like she was having fun and I enjoyed her energy and that she worked the stage. It was still shrill. David Cook would have so rocked the joint with that song. For some reason he sang what Michael Johns was suppose to sing. I don't know how it all works and if sometimes these kids are forced to sing something they didn't want to. Everyone is wondering why Simon said to David C - "the song you were given". Did he choose it or was he given it? Either way it worked out fine for him and he got to show a different side.

Lau, I am surprised to see David A. slightly ahead of David C. on that Broadway poll. I would have thought they wouldn't care for the way he made the song more pop. Unless Archie's Angels found the poll Razz
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 5:55 pm

David A. isn't ahead anymore.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Thanks for bringing that playbill poll over Lau! It is very interesting!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:48 pm

Ooh Luca - did you push DC ahead??? Good girl if you did! I just voted again.

It is so nice to not be very nervous on results night. I mean I will feel bad for whoever goes, but I know it isn't my guy so I am nice and relaxed and just looking forward to seeing David C. again!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:03 pm

Quote :
It is so nice to not be very nervous on results night.

I'm sure it is.

Shocked pale Crying or Very sad Sad Mad Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:04 pm

Since I can't watch it live, I'm looking at the blog at Rickey.org. Check out the stills he has of Brooke's face. OMG!

*sitting here in my leaky boat with Abrahammy, throwing out buckets of water*
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:07 pm

I'll pour Abrahammy, GE, and Sky some drinks to try to take the edge off.

Will it be a Lemon Drop, Margarita, or tequila straight up? Shocked

Will there be a guest celeb performance tonight? Has anyone heard?
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:15 pm

Margarita. Girly-style. I cannot handle my liquor.

Thanks for the sympathy Luca
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:20 pm

I just lost my satellite. Now I can't even watch it. Yesterday we tivo'd the wrong thing and I didn't get to see it except through Youtube.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:22 pm

Spoiler:

Just giving you the scoop Abrahammy.

It's an hour-long elimination, so sit tight. Lots and lots of filler.

Tamayra's in Rent. Pimped Clay's Spamalot. DeGarmo in Hairspray.

Last edited by Green Eyez on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:28 pm

Pass the drinks ladies! I need to celebrate!

GE gave you the spoiler. Only bottom 2 tonight, not bottom 3. Seeing the two Davids standing there together soaking in all the love just made me all tingly thinking that maybe that really will be final 2. I swear I will just cry if DC makes top 2!!

Simon\'s new lover, er, I mean find Leona Lewis.

CLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Can I just say I do not care for Simon\'s new \"greatest artist in the world\" Rolling Eyes Can I also just say I hatess when people sing \"chew\" instead of you. I hate the song too.

Who is Ross?

Last edited by firecracker on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:32 pm

TV back up in time for Clay sighting!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:33 pm

OMG. Some girl on Rickey is all "What about (shmuckface)?" Yeah, they want to pimp his next Ross appearance. He'll be calling BINGO down the block from you. Check your paper.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Oh yes, yes, yes.

Spoiler:

I figured it out. Schumkface is Con. I still do not know who Ross is. The Intern on Leno?

Abrahammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next