Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
Sky
Lau
frazzle
abrahammy
Badger
firecracker
Luca
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

American Idol - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Chloe???????????????? You're not serious I hope! Laughing

It could be Michael...........and that would be a great loss because he is really good, but deep down I know he won't win, not with David A and our DC!!! I know Jason won't win, not enough of a fan base there.

What is it about little Davie A???? Is it the teenies don't have anyone else to vote for this season...........actually it isn't just teenies that love him, my sisters do too. ACK!!!!! Yes, he has a nice voice but can you stand to watch him sing or listen/watch him talk? Because I can't.

I do like Brook too. I've gotten all her songs along with DC, MJ and Jason's. No one else I was interested in.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 4:30 pm

David A. - sweet kid, good voice. But really that is all. For me there is no real WOW about "HIM" or his performance style. He is not exciting. He is a sweet and gentlemanly young man with a very pleasant voice. But seriously, he is just not that interesting. You pretty much know what he is going to wear and how he is going to perform and how he is going to act when he is getting the judges comments. David C. is sooooo much more interesting in every way for me. I do believe it is the tweenies and tweenies/teens TEXT and text votes all go through. I don't know how to text Embarassed My cell phone can to it - I just can't take the time to figure it out. Besides, I think you have to pay for all those votes. I prefer my free voting! Razz

Yes, there are a few people I would rather see leave before Michael - Syesha and Christy, but if it has to come down to those two, I would rather Michael leave. It will still be sad though.

Yes, the Chloe comment was snark. I don't really care who goes on that show since I am not invested in any of them. I would only feel bad for Olivia. It is always so tough to see your children be disappointed/hurt.

Oh, and I think Jason probably does have a good fanbase. Lots of ladies at The Clack House love him and you guys all do. I think he is also pretty popular with the young ladies. NOT that you guys aren't YOUNG, just you you know what I mean Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:20 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:34 pm

FC:
Spoiler:

It won't be on here for 2.5 hours, and I will try to not find out who is leaving until I watch it.

THe only one who can really do Andrew Lloyd Webber is Carly, so if she goes before then, it is a real shame.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:50 pm

Oh Frazz! I am SOOOO happy you think that! Your opinion means a lot to me!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:36 pm

Lau wrote:
Quote :
Yes, I think ALW night is going to be very interesting. I wonder how many of these contestants have the range to sing him.
ITA. I think David C, Archie, Michael, Carly, and Syesha could maybe pull off an ALW song, but seriously wonder about Jason, Brooke, and Kristy.
Should be entertaining indeed... Twisted Evil Call me a bitch...but sometimes I do almost enjoy it when they screw up. Shocked Yes, to me AI has that Fear Factor appeal, people want to see dirty laundry taint to it. And sometimes it entertains me and brings out my snarky side and other times it pulls at my heartstrings. Sometimes it just irritates and bores me and that is when I change the channel.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:58 pm

There's a country-flavored song in "Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" that would probably work for Kristy.

I could hear Jason doing an acoustic version of "Love Changes Everything"
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:14 pm

Tonight's results sucked!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:17 pm

Yes, they did. I mean I was relieved for my guy, but so sad for not only who left but the way Ryan handled it with "Last year at this time we didn't send anybody home, but tonight you ARE leaving us" Mad Totally sucked to see the glimmer of hope in the bootee's eyes just to get sucker punched. Sometimes this show can really get to me.

I can think of at least two people who SOOOOOOO should have gone home first!
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:25 pm

I had to look at the spoilers and ,yes, it sucked. I also can think of a couple of others who I thought should have gone first.

I think Nigel may be the one who gives Ryan that horrid elimination script.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Ryan was really out of line tonight. I wonder if he thought he was cool saying what he did.

This show can be tough sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:26 pm

I don't watch the boot off shows anymore..they annoy the hell out of me the way they drag it out and then make the poor sucker sing as they kick them out the door.

So no spoiler yet? *taps fingers*
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:29 pm

Oh sorry Luca!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:49 pm

I was afraid of that. No
Spoiler:
. Ok, Yes, I will admit Constantine was kind of cute back when I first saw him (cough, cough) yeah...he was cute to me then. Now? Not so much.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:50 pm

Nevermind, I see you did it!

Let me tell you, I was just at ONTD and people are PISSED!!!!! I have never seen that place in such total agreement and they want to kill a certain
Spoiler:
I mean NOBODY there believes this is the real results. They think TPTB are screwing with the results to get what they want which is a final 2 of
Spoiler:
and they think that maybe
Spoiler:
was cutting into
Spoiler:
votes. Sad night either way.

Last edited by firecracker on Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:51 pm

Oops! Dayum I'm not use to spoilering as you can tell! I did it!
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:04 pm

Here's a webpage Jason Castro did -- obviously before AI -- where he lists the courses he took in college and his favorite musicians and authors.

Jason's webpage
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:07 pm

Ok, it is over Pacific time..MICHAEL GOT THE BOOT>

Oddly, although I think Kristie Lee Cook should have been gone decades ago, given that she keeps staying, I think Michael is the best choice to be gone tonight.

I surely wish him well and can totally imagine him having a day job as a session singer, singling the leads of covers behind commercials, tv shows and films. Not a bad way to make a living, and something that requires a really technically good voice. So yay for Michael, may he secretly want to make a living rather than passionately want to be a star.

COOL on Jason's page. Of course it is in such a weird font I can't read it, but from what I did decipher at a glance, he is fundamentally kind of a science nerd, which is completely in keeping with the long term folkie musical career I want him to pursue every weekend for the rest of his life (although if he turns out to be an ace song WRITER, I can imagine that for him, too. But I really love the weekend folkies).
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:20 pm

I think Michael Johns fell into the same trap Constantine did. He shared a box with somebody who was better at it. So he got Tamyra'd by Kristy Lee Savol.

She will probably pay the price by going home next week.

I've read all the conspiracy theories. There's only one question I gotta ask:

Why? What would be the advantage of getting rid of Michael Johns? I could see them clausing Constantine - his band mates released an album that week. I could see them clausing Sanjaya - didn't want him embarrassing them during Idol Gives Back. But Michael Johns? Guys, he just wasn't a big enough THREAT to DC for it to be a problem. If they were going to clause somebody dangerous to their plans on a weak night, wouldn't it be DC, the only player who has a shot at dethroning the Boy Wonder?

Michael wasn't that popular, he wasn't that consistent, he wasn't that embarrassing, and he didn't do anything wrong. I just don't understand why he'd get claused. Is it possible that we've gotten to the point where we are so mistrustful of this show that we immediately cry foul whenever anything happens that we don't agree with?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:24 pm

Constantine was WAY more controversial, plus putting out the CD. People really hated him and others really loved him, plus the fuck you to the maaaaaaaaaaan.

Michael probably got voted off because just not enough people voted for him.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:25 pm

American Idol - Page 12 Kleenex
American Idol - Page 12 Crying
American Idol - Page 12 0043
American Idol - Page 12 ThItsNotFair
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:28 pm

Awww, Sky:

Dang, we have no HUGS icons here. Going in search of one.

Ok, not the best, but:

American Idol - Page 12 Bighug
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:34 pm

American Idol - Page 12 3

I know how you feel Sky Crying or Very sad That would have been me if it was my David. I do wish it had been KLC or Syesha instead.

I think KLC is this season's Jasmine. Pretty Blondes just get it too easy.

FWIW, in this case I do not agree with the people saying he got claused to protect DC. I think he just didn't get enough votes this week for all the reason Abrahammy said. Not enough passionate fans, not bad enough to get VFTW, and not as good a rocker as DC.

Damn, he was good eye candy and fun.

He was room mates with David Cook and Jason and those two looked pretty bummed, especially David C. People on his board said David was saying "this ain't right" to Michael at the end, but my mom called all pissed off (she liked Michael a lot) and I didn't catch that.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:44 pm

I am sad to see Micheal go because he was professional, pretty, and had a few good, almost star quality performances. But, he did suck last night and never quite got the momentum going to capture an audience .

I really believe Simon and the gang tried to save him, but could'nt. They should have ripped that performance apart, but they like him and liked last week's performance so they let him ride. Bottom line is he is just too sophisticated to get the 12 year olds to call and vote 500 times in a row for him like they do for David A or like the conservative grandma's or religious right fans are also doing. Micheal appeals to an older, middle aged audience like us...and we don't vote until our fingers bleed.

Just like Constantine did. The old grannies and prepubs voted for Anthony over the cool, semi-rocker boy with attitude. That is the demographic of the AI audience for you.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:24 am

frazzle wrote:
Awww, Sky:

Dang, we have no HUGS icons here. Going in search of one.

Ok, not the best, but:

American Idol - Page 12 Bighug

That will do, thank you. He was just nice to look at and listen to..... I knew he wasn't going to win.

Thank God it wasn't David C or Jason...............

FC......David C has been my first choice from the auditions......voice-wise anyway. I'm so bummed because there are others that should have gone before Michael..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next