Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
Sky
Lau
frazzle
abrahammy
Badger
firecracker
Luca
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:47 pm

He's safe? He's safe?
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Spoiler:

Ross is a clothing store
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:49 pm

OK, tonight Carly freaking blew the roof off the joint! That was outstanding! She should have sung it like that last night. I knew she screwed it up last night.

Thanks GE. I don't think we have a Ross store out our way.

Last edited by firecracker on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:53 pm

It's really a shame we can't see these kids for just one performance in a natural setting. When the nerves go they really sing it. I think it's 100% every singout was like 500 times better than the original performance.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Last edited by Green Eyez on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:56 pm

This is going to be one excellent tour!

I talked to hubby about going to the Chicago show. If DC wins I am so going!

Going home!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:02 pm

Well, she handled it with a ton of class.

She gets to tour and she is going to wow people! She'll get a contract. She was freaking amazing tonight! One of the best AI vocals ever.

You know darn well when the judges made the crack about it being about "a popularity contest" this year - they were talking about Jason. Let's face it - if it was just about vocals Jason would be gone. No offense ladies who love Jason. Just a fact.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:03 pm

My tv went out again, but thank god for the Internet. My reaction?

Spoiler:

Firecracker, it's more than that. Militant religious fanaticism caused this boot. And Jason has been good many times - just not yesterday.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:11 pm

Honestly, I do not believe that at all. That song has been popular for decades and I do not think if she had a strong fanbase they would hold that song choice against her. Maybe it was the tattoos? She has been near the bottom many times. I just don't think she has connected with people and did not have a strong enough fanbase. Jason's fans knew he was in trouble and voted their fingers to the bones.

I'm telling you it will be an all male top 3. Girls love these 3 guys.

Next week Syesha will go. Brooke had VFTW voting for her this week and will probably have them next week.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:15 pm

Abrahammy, I completely and totally 100% absolutely agree with you more than I can say.

Sadly, the RR are a very vocal bunch and when they rally together, they rally together. One year Nadia sang a Melissa Ethridge song and Simon literally told her that singing a song by a lesbian would get her booted.

I decided to un-spoiler since y'all have guessed who got the boot by now and I think the only people who care said they wouldn't enter this thread until it aired later.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Sad about Carly, but it was a classy exit. Sorry, but Syesha did not belong in the bottom 2. But at this stage of the game, popularity does come into it. Once you get past the obvious front runner(s), it becomes a battle of the fanbases. Yay for Jason being safe!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:23 pm

RR? I had radio shows on all day today including Rush - yes I listen to Rush - and NO ONE was talking about Carly's song. Why was Carly near the bottom on DI so many times before when she sang other songs?

None of the boards I go to after Tuesday night shows were saying one word about her song choice, only that she sang it horribly, and yes, most people on the boards I read thought she sang it horribly. So did my mom who loves her and so did Luca and I and we like her.

I never heard Simon say that to Nadia. I cannot believe he would say that. On the show? He said that to her in her critique? I would think that would have caused a whole lot of controversy.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:26 pm

I think it was simply that the Brooke sympathy ploy won out in the end.

Let's revisit this for a minute...
All American girl with blonde hair, big sad blue eyes, just about to burst into tears, graciously accepts the criticism and the "isn't she nice and sweet" card was played to the hilt...and I had a strong feeling it would go this way. The grannies, other people who felt sorry for her, and the RR voted for Brooke.

But, Jason's fans came through for him in a bug way. Unfortunately Carly did'nt have the fanbase to carry her. She is too eclectic and not mainstream enough for AI audience taste I guess.

Champagne anyone? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:29 pm

Does Champagne go with Cheetos?

There are 8 people here right now! The power of AI Razz
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:35 pm

Aw, shit. I thought we agreed that the only thing not to give away was who gets the boot.

I did not click on any of the spoiler tags.

Well now that it is clear, I suppose I will go to rickey.org to see how it went down.

Well rickey.org's live blog is down. I suppose I could do something useful with my night instead.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:47 pm

Sorry Frazz. We started out spoilering.

You know, Brooke started out hugely popular. I always loved her because I love her whole Carly Simon style. I would still buy a Brooke CD if she puts one out. She has been the most popular girl since the season started. Yes, she has had some rough weeks lately, but her fanbase is large and they stuck by her just like Jason's did.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:07 pm

Luca wrote:
I'll pour Abrahammy, GE, and Sky some drinks to try to take the edge off.

Will it be a Lemon Drop, Margarita, or tequila straight up? Shocked

Will there be a guest celeb performance tonight? Has anyone heard?

Before reading the following posts, at about that time in the show, I'd have taken a tequila shot straight up, and I don't do tequila shots!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:10 pm

firecracker wrote:
Pass the drinks ladies! I need to celebrate!

GE gave you the spoiler. Only bottom 2 tonight, not bottom 3. Seeing the two Davids standing there together soaking in all the love just made me all tingly thinking that maybe that really will be final 2. I swear I will just cry if DC makes top 2!!

Simon\'s new lover, er, I mean find Leona Lewis.

CLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Can I just say I do not care for Simon\'s new \"greatest artist in the world\" Rolling Eyes Can I also just say I hatess when people sing \"chew\" instead of you. I hate the song too.

Who is Ross?

Yay! Your lucky night, huh? DC safe and seeing Clay!! Yeah, I didn't like Leona either, but then that's not my choice of music.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:16 pm

Luca wrote:
I think it was simply that the Brooke sympathy ploy won out in the end.

Let's revisit this for a minute...
All American girl with blonde hair, big sad blue eyes, just about to burst into tears, graciously accepts the criticism and the "isn't she nice and sweet" card was played to the hilt...and I had a strong feeling it would go this way. The grannies, other people who felt sorry for her, and the RR voted for Brooke.

But, Jason's fans came through for him in a bug way. Unfortunately Carly did'nt have the fanbase to carry her. She is too eclectic and not mainstream enough for AI audience taste I guess.

Champagne anyone? Twisted Evil

American Idol - Page 22 CHAMPAGNEAmerican Idol - Page 22 CHAMPAGNE
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:18 pm

The only person left that I really want gone is David A.

Alas, that ain't happening.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:36 pm

This is weird. I had made a reply and it got eaten somehow.

Anyway, I did apologize for not spoilering. I saw all the other remarks and figured my spoilering was nonsensical as everyone would know who was out and I really thought anyone who cared didn't come into the thread until after the L.A. airing.

Anyway, I mentioned about the Melissa Etheridge thing. I used to read Jacob's recaps faithfully, and I guess I was remembering this:

Simon calls it a "thousand percent improvement over the horror we saw last week." However, he's nervous about the song -- although the performance was great -- because he thinks that the song may leave the crowd cold, because it is not a great melodic song. I don't remember this, but some people have mentioned that Kimberly Caldwell, who gives off at least as much of a lesbian vibe as Nadia herself does, got the Simon treatment for singing this song because of the lesbian thing of Melissa Etheridge. I wonder if he's saying the same thing but toned down?

Also, I found some great stuff on GB while I was searching for this and I brought it over to the "former" thread.

Oh Frazz, I agree with you. David's poor uncomfortable face will be gracing our presence till the end.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:52 pm

The songs are all up for download here.....

http://jonwire.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:53 pm

Quote :
David's poor uncomfortable face will be gracing our presence till the end.

It would be so pleasant not to have that uncomfortable face up there every week.........
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:56 pm

FC..........where are you??? Did you get the HQ Divx of Billie Jean?

I asked and someone told me to go here.....

www.idoljunkie.com
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:37 am

Hi Sky!

I went to bed at 11:45 central time. I was at that site last night trying to get the studio recording before I went to bed, but the guy was unable to grab them from iTunes for some reason. He only had David A's. So thanks and I am glad that I was able to get it this morning! Ladies at The Clack House were buying it from iTunes last night and just loving it so I was getting anxious. I'll only be grabbing DC's and Carly's. I didn't care for any of the other songs.

Thanks for that link but I just cannot find any threads for videos. Maybe if I join I will see video threads.

What I wouldn't give for David A to be a shocking boot in the next couple of weeks - only so that I would feel more confident that DC would win. But he has a huge fanbase and I just do not see how it could possibly happen. Besides, he does have a really good voice and the judges love him, so he is there to the end I am certain.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:15 am

Well, if Michael Johns and Carly were still in this thing, I might be with you on the Archie shocking boot. However, the hysterical hate for Jason is running so hot right now I'd really rather we just let the producers have the David/David finale they want so badly so they will calm down and not try to ruin the rest of Jason's life and career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next