Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
Sky
Lau
frazzle
abrahammy
Badger
firecracker
Luca
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

American Idol - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:12 pm

I'm sad Jason was eliminated but I was expecting it. They treated him like shit and tonight was no exception.

Oh, congratulations David Cook fans for your guy getting in.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:17 pm

He not only seemed cool with going, he seemed happy. Relieved like Ryan said. It was so funny when he said he didn't want to think about trying to remember 3 songs Razz I still say the boy seems stoned all the time. His "brain dead" answer Laughing The guy is a hoot I tell ya! I think the show was way too much for him and he just was not enjoying himself anymore. At least not the the pressure part of it. I think he enjoyed Vegas! He just wasn't AI winner material. He got a lot of good exposure and many fans and that may be all he wanted in the first place.

I am still worried about Syesha and I still wish she was the one that left. AND again she gets to give her Miss America speech tonight! I'm starting to hatess her. Are TPTB hoping she makes Top 2 over DC so that they are guaranteed Archie FTW? Because you know she could NEVER beat Archie.

Thanks Badger! I am so happy that DC gets his homecoming!!

I hope Jason gets his home town celebration soon.

Gina got hers when she came home to Naperville. They made a big deal for her! She had a blast!
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:44 pm

I think abrahammy was saying before that Jason wouldn't be able to get home for a long time if he didn't make final 3. Actually, I think after the finale, he should have about 2 or 3 weeks at home before tour rehearsals start. I remember Bo saying he had to leave for tour rehearsals the morning after he got married and that was in mid-June of 2005. So since the finale is in late May, that should give him a couple of weeks to hang at the beach, be with his family, his friends and his girlfriend and just chill. And I'm sure he'll get a nice little reception from his hometown and the Aggies.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:59 pm

What shall we do about the results night spilling of beans?

I am thinking that we should start a separate thread only for AI and only until this season is over, where people who do not want to know who gets the boot have to take it upon themselves to stay out. As a group we do seem to be incapable of not spilling the beans.

I decided to read the spoilers tonight, and then I put something up about Jason getting the boot and hit quote rather than spoil, so I am just as guilty as anybody else.

I am going to go start it. I will call it Spill the Beans.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:03 pm

There are only two more Weds. of beans to spill!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:07 pm

Exactly. So for the next two Wednesdays, feel free to spill as much as you like from the start of the show Eastern time to the close of the show Pacific time in the new Spill the Beans thread.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:11 pm

American Idol - Page 37 Crying

I am so sad to see him go, he is just so beautiful, funny and talented. To watch him tonight, he really looked relieved and so beautiful. His remark about having to learn 3 songs was a hoot.

Now, here's another one that I'll have to wait for a CD from......... I really hope he puts one out, but I'll have to wait until the stupid tour is over, huh?American Idol - Page 37 Crying

Don't feel like you have to make a spoiler thread for me. I usually go offline for fear of going anywhere and seeing a spoiler on the 'leaving' night. I don't mind knowing what songs or how they did, because I will watch the show anyway. One year, for some show, I forget which one, I avoided all the sites and the result was on my homepage! No I was ticked. So it's really not safe to go anywhere online.

American Idol - Page 37 Hotjason

American Idol - Page 37 AI7325_0057-1

American Idol - Page 37 JCTambourineman1

American Idol - Page 37 Picoday205-6
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:26 pm

He is a pretty one...and fun too. Wonder if he is sharper than he comes off on TV, A & M is not the easiest school to get into if I recall.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:38 pm

Sky, we have 3 West coasters here. ALthough i wanted to see the spoilers tonight, usually I don't.

It's just for the next two Wednesdays. If you (or anybody) want to know, go to the Spill the Beans thread, but I want us to be able to trust that the beans will not be spilled in the regular AI thread.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:28 am

I understand, I was just letting everyone know that I'm not online the night of the results. If I don't care who wins, I'll read the spoilers! I've now made my CD of ALL of Jason's pre-idol and Idol songs. I'll be wearing it out, along with David Cook's music!

Luca, I'm sure he's smarter than he lets on! He's young he has that attitude, and I love him for it.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:07 am

Well, my house gets full of 17 and 19 year olds and none of them act or talk like that at all. It is just Jason. I do not think it is his age. Just his personality.

Jason was just on Fox Chicago and said that he was saying "Vote, Vote" not "Don't Vote" so that is cleared up. He says he didn't say in that interview that he wanted to go home, but that he was having a really bad day and it probably looked that way.

He also stated again that he did not want to have to learn 3 songs for next week. Thinks that would be really hard.

He said he never washed his dreads at first but now does every day. They put wax on them and he says it is really just majorly knotted up hair Shocked (I so do not like dreads No ). What on earth do you do when you don't want them anymore? Just shave the head? If that is all knotted up hair! Ouch!! trying to comb all that out!

Anyway, he was all smiles and giggles and seemed happy as a clam at that Luau Randy was talking about! Don't worry for the boy. I think he is going to be fine!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:19 am

I think Jason is going to be fine, too. He may not be famous for very long, but I am getting the very distinct feeling that he may not mind that too much. Jason may decide that a private life as a construction engineer with weekend gigs, surrounded by his beloved Mandy and his real friends and family is all he needs to be happy.

About Jason's intelligence - here's the scoop. He graduated at least cum laude from high school, and the stuff he was wearing at his graduation indicates that he was in the National Honor Society. We know, for a fact, that he got a 1350 on his SATs back when it was only two parts, and he was a National Merit Scholar. No lie. This kid is VERY intelligent. He's just not very articulate. Jason's grades and scores got him a full scholarship to Texas A&M University. Now, I'm a Longhorn, and I could make the obvious Aggie joke, but Jason is not at all stupid. According to Carly Smithson, he's never stoned, either. He is, however, extremely religious, one of the most devout Christians ever to appear on the show. He's made five mission trips to third world countries to build houses for the poor, and one reporter went after him because he canceled trip #6 to appear on American Idol.

What a stupid stoner loser, huh?

He's had a real hatchet job done on his reputation; he's almost entirely other than what he was portrayed as being.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:18 am

I never once believed that he was a stoner and I always got a little pissed at people that presumed he was judging by his hair and attitude. I think those are the qualities that stole my heart. I had read somewhere how smart he actually is. Thanks for bringing the info here.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:30 am

Well, honestly I don't think it is right that a hatchet job was done on him, that is always awful, but I completely understand why people who are not fans and don't go seeking info about his education would think what they do about him. Everyone around me who watches AI but are not Internet fans just think he is either dumb or a stoner. I can't really blame them for thinking that. He totally acts that way. It is funny and can be charming a lot of the time, but it is misleading and that is unfortunate, but honestly it's exactly what I thought until you informed me differently. It is nice that he is so religious and straight. I am sure he is a very nice young man. Very cool about his educational accomplishments! I bet his folks are extremely proud of him!

So I guess Sky will be a little pissed at me now! Laughing Hey, I used to hang with stoners when I was younger!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 10:37 am

Quote :
He's had a real hatchet job done on his reputation; he's almost entirely other than what he was portrayed as being.

Sorry, I just don't see that. I'm very neutral this year and I think I represent a big portion of the audience that AI gets. Not everyone sits and votes . I did it once, and unless a friend or relative is on, I'll never do it again.

Quote :
I never once believed that he was a stoner and I always got a little pissed at people that presumed he was judging by his hair and attitude.

WORD to this from me.

I think as is typical for American Idol, people get following someone through the season and no matter what spot they get voted out at, they feel they should have gone further. If you like someone, its understandable because you do get used to seeing them each week.

But back to Jason, I don't think he would have been featured as much as he was in the video from Las Vegas last night if there was such an attempt to mow down his character. I also think the boot video of him was one of the nicest I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:06 am

This is awesome!

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/Entertainment/Detail?contentId=6490044&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=7.1.1

I never heard anyone judge Jason based on his hair. It all came from the way he talks. You know, sometimes people just need to except the fact that the image you present yourself in is going to have people make judgements about you. If I went to a bar in a ton of make-up super short skirt and very low cut top, most are going to assume I am a certain type of woman even if I was not. It is just the way it goes sometimes.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:55 am

Have you Jason fans seen this site?

http://jasoncastroweb.com/jason-castro-photos/
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:46 pm

firecracker wrote:
Well, honestly I don't think it is right that a hatchet job was done on him, that is always awful, but I completely understand why people who are not fans and don't go seeking info about his education would think what they do about him. Everyone around me who watches AI but are not Internet fans just think he is either dumb or a stoner. I can't really blame them for thinking that. He totally acts that way. It is funny and can be charming a lot of the time, but it is misleading and that is unfortunate, but honestly it's exactly what I thought until you informed me differently. It is nice that he is so religious and straight. I am sure he is a very nice young man. Very cool about his educational accomplishments! I bet his folks are extremely proud of him!

So I guess Sky will be a little pissed at me now! Laughing Hey, I used to hang with stoners when I was younger!

Laughing Why would I be pissed at you! Laughing

Didn't we all hang with a few stoners? Laughing

You know, when AI first started this season, I was all crazy for Michael Johns and David Cook. I still am!!! However, along the way.......this young man with dreadlocks, beautiful blue eyes, soothing/emotional songs....completely stole my heart. Go figure!

Oh, and I got Clay's new CD today..........I haven't listened to it yet, as I have to play through all Jason's recordings for a while. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:52 pm

firecracker wrote:
This is awesome!

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/Entertainment/Detail?contentId=6490044&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=7.1.1

I never heard anyone judge Jason based on his hair. It all came from the way he talks. You know, sometimes people just need to except the fact that the image you present yourself in is going to have people make judgements about you. If I went to a bar in a ton of make-up super short skirt and very low cut top, most are going to assume I am a certain type of woman even if I was not. It is just the way it goes sometimes.

That is very awesome, I sure hope they raise the money needed.

I have mentioned to various people, my like for Jason Castro........the reaction usually consisted of, "Oh, I don't like him, his hair is just awful" or words to that effect. Never once has the way he talked or sang come up, it's always been about the hair. People judge others by appearance all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:55 pm

firecracker wrote:
Have you Jason fans seen this site?

http://jasoncastroweb.com/jason-castro-photos/

I don't think I've seen the site, but I have seen the pics. I have so many sites saved! Shocked
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:12 pm

I thought you would be pissed at me because I was one of those people who figured he was a stoner when I first watched him in interviews early on. I couldn't imagine any other reason to be acting that way. Or he wasn't too smart, but mostly I thought he was a party boy.

Glad I brought you a new site!!

I too am hoping they raise enough money to get AC to LA to see DC WIN! (or come in second Razz )
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:21 pm

firecracker wrote:
I thought you would be pissed at me because I was one of those people who figured he was a stoner when I first watched him in interviews early on. I couldn't imagine any other reason to be acting that way. Or he wasn't too smart, but mostly I thought he was a party boy.

Glad I brought you a new site!!

I too am hoping they raise enough money to get AC to LA to see DC WIN! (or come in second Razz )

Takes a lot to piss me off, but never over someone's opinion! Rude, arrogant people tend to piss me off.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:49 pm

American Idol - Page 37 8
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 5:00 pm

This site has some really good interviews with Jason.........

To hear him talk about plans and how he feels about Idol is good to hear.

http://media.myfoxmilwaukee.com/special/head/FOXTV/american-idol.html
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 6:04 pm

Men who get regular haircuts piss me off.

Gimme the dreads, braids, pony tails and long scragglies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next