Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
aerwin
Lau
Sky
frazzle
Luca
abrahammy
firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:42 am

There is talk that Adam and his family made it to LA. I found this info at a DC site. Not sure if it is true. I hope it is!

Other reports are that DC picked "No Turning Back" for his coronation song and that Archie did pick that horrible first song - Here I Am or some such thing. Is he nuts??

So those are the latest rumors/spoilers.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:16 pm

Here is the song that DC is supposedly singing. For a coronation song it is surprisingly good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLZZwGzEiRI

The word is that DC with be singing "Always Be My Baby" with Mariah Carey on Weds. night. Do you suppose that is who Nigel thinks is "the biggest star in the world right now!"? I didn't think of her since she has been on the show already so that doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Mariah is really pushing for DC to record ABMB and make it a single. I wonder if he will. It would be cool and for them to announce that on Weds. night.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:44 pm

From Jason's interview:

Quote :
I wanted to sing their song “Green Eyes.” And the other song I wanted to sing was “Blue Eyes,” by the Cary Brothers.

Sigh.

He never said he had more artistic integrity or whatever. Here's his direct quote:

Quote :
I had a hard time keeping up. Syesha and both David’s have been singing forever, and they were more experienced than I was. I like putting my heart and passion into singing, and that’s hard to do when you’re trying to remember the words the night of your performance. It got to be really frustrating and annoying, because that’s not the way music should be.

He said he would have trouble with more than one song because he was inexperienced and would be trying to remember words. He has a passion for music and that would take away from his performance.

He kept repeating that he couldn't handle it, so I don't get where he said he was a better artist, especially since right there he was saying Syesha and Cook had way more experience than he did and could handle it better.

There's one thing I do agree with: the word "retarded". That has gotten into young people's lexicon way too much lately and I don't like it. I do chalk it up to his youth and inexperience in interviews. He's quite the nervous lad.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 1:33 pm

I said he didn't say that, and perhaps didn't mean it, but it WAS the feeling "I" got when I read it. Like the fact that they can connect so fast makes them less artistic or something. For me - he just was not as hard a worker or as driven. What he states feels like an excuse to me. That is the way I see him based on things he says and the way he presents himself. Doesn't mean I am right. Doesn't mean that is the way he really is, just means that is what I see. I just see it as someone not as driven - which is fine, just not for this competition. I don't think he wanted it nearly as much as the others. Did he know anything about AI before he auditioned? Didn't he know he would need to learn a new song each week with a theme? I am seriously asking. Maybe he had no clue what the show was like. In that case one should certainly do their homework before trying out for something like that.

He is 20 not 12. Old enough in my book to not use the word "retarded" that way. It only adds to the impression a lot of people have of him - rightly or wrongly. I have never heard my boys or their friends use that word. They do however call everybody and everything gay! Rolling Eyes

Hey, I am just voicing my opinion here about the interview. I wouldn't expect most of you to agree with me. What else is new?! Razz
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 1:42 pm

Quote :
No, it can't be 6 years ago - because it was 5 years ago!

Whoops, I subtracted wrong! thanks FC.

Quote :
Honestly, I really believe that Clay "lost" because the lines were so jammed. I was never able to get one single vote through the entire voting time that night. Neither could either of my folks. Back then there were not multiple lines to call or as many hours to vote. People were able to get through on Ruben's line because there were not as many people trying to get through.

But that's my point. If the lines were jammed, it means more callers were getting through than on Ruben's lines. I think the voting is incidental at this point. It's done to create excitement. But how realistic can any win be when you have people sitting and hitting in text numbers. I really want to see them clean up their voting systems.

And I'm curious when asked for the numbers why AI won't give them out.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 1:58 pm

I agree with you there! Larry King asked Ryan the other night when he was on "Why don't they reveal the vote numbers?" and Ryan said "I don't know." Suspect

Well, maybe they did screw Clay Evil or Very Mad I guess we will never know.

Oh, and GE, I like Jason, I really do (not so much as a singer). He is adorable and funny. I just really don't think he was cut out for AI and I just was turned off by that interview from the get-go when I saw "retarded".
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 2:02 pm

Green Eyez wrote:
From Jason's interview:

Quote :
I wanted to sing their song “Green Eyes.” And the other song I wanted to sing was “Blue Eyes,” by the Cary Brothers.

Sigh.

He never said he had more artistic integrity or whatever. Here's his direct quote:

Quote :
I had a hard time keeping up. Syesha and both David’s have been singing forever, and they were more experienced than I was. I like putting my heart and passion into singing, and that’s hard to do when you’re trying to remember the words the night of your performance. It got to be really frustrating and annoying, because that’s not the way music should be.

He said he would have trouble with more than one song because he was inexperienced and would be trying to remember words. He has a passion for music and that would take away from his performance.

He kept repeating that he couldn't handle it, so I don't get where he said he was a better artist, especially since right there he was saying Syesha and Cook had way more experience than he did and could handle it better.

There's one thing I do agree with: the word "retarded". That has gotten into young people's lexicon way too much lately and I don't like it. I do chalk it up to his youth and inexperience in interviews. He's quite the nervous lad.

I love this quote.........

Quote :
He has a passion for music and that would take away from his performance.

Quote :
It got to be really frustrating and annoying, because that’s not the way music should be.

I really feel he cares deeply that a song he does, he has to feel and care about, that's what I hear anyway in his recordings. I also think he is young and undisciplined in having to learn songs so quickly. When he does, he does it well. He also was not use to the scrutiny and judging of his music. I'm sure he also felt, as the competition went on, that no matter what he sang or how he sang it, it would be criticized more harshly.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 2:43 pm

No, it's not the way music should be. But it IS the way competition works. I guess that is why a lot of "artists" say a "real artist" wouldn't be on AI. But, I think that it is very tough for all artists to make it in the music biz and sometimes people just do what they need to do.

Quote :
http://www.accesshollywood.com/article/910...nd-idol-finale/

Access Exclusive: David Cook’s Ailing Brother To Attend ‘Idol’ FinaleMay 20, 2008

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: May 20, 2008 15:05 PM
LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
When he takes the “American Idol” stage for his final performance, David Cook will have one special fan in the audience – his brother Adam — who is suffering from brain cancer.

Contrary to reports, Adam Cook will be in attendance at the “Idol” finale, Access Hollywood has confirmed.

As previously reported by AccessHollywood.com, Adam, 36, has been undergoing chemotherapy for his second diagnosis of brain cancer, which had spread to his spine.

Julie Henricks, a Cook family spokesperson and a DJ for B102.7 FM in Adam’s hometown of Terre Haute, Indiana, told Access Hollywood that Adam and his wife, Kendra, left Terre Haute on Monday to travel to LA to see David vie for the “Idol” crown.

The trip was made possible by an anonymous donation for a private flight, Julie said.

“They are very excited and very happy,” Julie told Access. “David is thrilled.”

David, who is in the “Idol” finals against teen David Archuleta, has had the letters “AC” on his guitar at times during the season as a tribute to his ailing brother.

Earlier this season, Adam was able to attend a taping of the show when friends arranged for a chartered medical jet to fly him out to LA, after doctors had prohibited him from taking a commercial flight.

“It has been an absolute whirlwind. I’m so thrilled for Adam… it’s been an awesome dream, an awesome goal, an awesome thought,” his wife Kendra told Indiana’s Tribune Star at the time. “The excitement of seeing his spirits lifted so high has been wonderful.”
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:04 pm

Did anyone see this or think of this possibility?

Quote :
In other news, MyFoxBoston’s Doug Meehan pressed Jason Castro for insider info on the show’s surprise guest stars. Castro would only reveal that one was known as “codename Virgin Airlines.”

Like in Madonna???
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:07 pm

Quote :
Think You Can Dance Fourth Season Schedule Announced »
America Idol Finale: Thoughts From David Archuleta And David Cook

May 19, 2008 08:05:03 by Joe Reality

David Archuleta, David Cook, Ryan Seacrest CR: Frank Micelotta/FOXOn the American Idol finale performance show, David Archuleta and David Cook will perform live at the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE. As the two Davids prepared for the final showdown, they offered up some quotes for the big night.

In regards to performing on the stage at the Nokia compared to singing on the American Idol stage, David Archuleta said, “I don’t think it’ll be too different because the audience is still going to be big on the other side of the camera, watching on TV, so while there’s more people live, I don’t know. I guess I’ll have to see once I go and rehearse and stuff.” David Cook said, “You know, it’s interesting. I’ve always been really kind of confused by the idea, like the smaller the crowd for me, the more nervous I tend to get. Having the Nokia full, should be great. But you know, win or lose; I think we both win, so for me now it’s just kind of enjoying the moment.”

In regards to getting advice from people, David Archuleta said, “Every single person always has something good to say, from Cook to the people helping us out, to family, to friends, to just people you meet and fanmail. People always have some good stuff to say.”

In regards to if his experience on Idol matched what he expected, David Cook said, “It’s busier than I thought it was going to be. And so for me, the learning process has just been kind of like watching the stuff that takes place that people never get to see. Just, more than anything, just kind of the relationships that form. I remember at the beginning of the season, I always wondered why we all cried when people went home, and it’s like, you know, some of these people we’ve known almost a year now, so it’s definitely been an experience though for sure.”

In regards to if being an American Idol finalist was anything like he thought it was going to be, David Archuleta said, “No it’s not because I didn’t even think I would be a finalist so that’s already the difference right there and then just how crazy and busy it is and I didn’t realize how tiring it is. I thought I’d have time to prepare for the finale and this is the week where we’ve gotten the least amount of time to really prepare and it’s like the most tiring on your voice but hopefully it will all pull together for tomorrow.”

In regards to if he is happy to just be in the Idol finals, David Cook said, “You know, to be where I was at before, now to be standing on the finale stage and have, a 50 percent chance of my name being called, is pretty heavy, you know. So for me, it’s just, either way, I’m content.”

The American Idol finale performance show airs on Tuesday, May 20 from 8 PM to 9:02 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed on FOX. The American Idol two-hour season finale results show airs on Wednesday, May 21 from 8 PM to 10 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed on FOX.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news. For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: Frank Micelotta/FOX
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:14 pm

‘Idol’ Hopeful Josiah Leming Signs To Warner Bros.

This is lower down in MJ's blog. In case you don't know who he is (I didn't) he was some kid living in his car to audition and booted before the final 24. I think that if HE can get signed, well, you know.

‘Idol’ Hopeful Josiah Leming Signs To Warner Bros.

Seventeen-year-old Josiah Leming — known as the teary-eyed “American Idol” contestant who just missed making it through the show’s Hollywood audition rounds — has signed with Warner Bros. Records for a record and publishing deal.

The Morristown, Tenn., native saw a surge of interest in his performances after his abrupt elimination, including appearances on Ellen DeGeneres’ talk show and a story on MTV News.

Leming will start recording his album this week, according to Warner Bros."
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:17 pm

How could you NOT remember Josiah??? We were all so worried about him Crying or Very sad YAY for him!! I hope it all works out for him! He was very talented! People were shocked he didn't make Top 24.

Blond, plays piano and guitar. Writes songs.

Here is his My-Space and you can listen to him.

http://www.myspace.com/josiahleming
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:25 pm

I am going to pray that this is not true. Crying or Very sad

Quote :
We're hearing sad reports, as yet unconfirmed, that Idol semi-finalist Luke Menard has been diagnosed with inoperable cancer.

The Vote For The Worst Web site says that Luke, 29, who went out of the competition in early March, has learned he is suffering from stage two of the disease.

The site says that the announcement was made in a Myspace bulletin by a musician friend of the singer known as Chinua Hawk.

It has not yet been possible to reach Luke, from Crawfordsville, In., to confirm.

Fox has declined to discuss the claims, saying that they, "don't comment on the personal lives of the contestants on the show."
Source: http://www.okmagazine.com/idol/view/6785
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 4:05 pm

firecracker wrote:
I am going to pray that this is not true. Crying or Very sad

Quote :
We're hearing sad reports, as yet unconfirmed, that Idol semi-finalist Luke Menard has been diagnosed with inoperable cancer.

The Vote For The Worst Web site says that Luke, 29, who went out of the competition in early March, has learned he is suffering from stage two of the disease.

The site says that the announcement was made in a Myspace bulletin by a musician friend of the singer known as Chinua Hawk.

It has not yet been possible to reach Luke, from Crawfordsville, In., to confirm.

Fox has declined to discuss the claims, saying that they, "don't comment on the personal lives of the contestants on the show."
Source: http://www.okmagazine.com/idol/view/6785

I saw that and was ready to post it, but then I saw it was a rumor. He is ill though. I hope it isn't true. I liked Luke Menard.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 4:18 pm

It could be true................here's another report........

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20201421,00.html

I hope he'll be okay. I was looking forward to hearing more from him, but not this.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 4:26 pm

Well, at least that is a cancer with a lot of success stories! I will send good wishes his way. That is the cancer that that cute guy from 7th Heaven had and he is doing fine now! cheers
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:28 pm

Oh lordy! The judges are falling all over Archie like I have never seen done before No Oh well. It is what it is you know.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:52 pm

Is everybody OK? This is quite a bus-throwing, and entirely unexpected. I don't know what to make of it at all.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:59 pm

Yeah, I wonder how much the repeated getting run over by the bus feels to DC right now. Makes it look like Jason got off easy.

You know, I felt sick about this all day. I guess I saw it coming.

I'm going to go throw up now.

They all crowned Archie the winner already. What a surprise Rolling Eyes

You know, they were so over the top about it that if DC did win by some chance he would feel awful and guilty.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 7:16 pm

Quote :
Makes it look like Jason got off easy.

NO. What they did to Cookie tonight - and it was NASTY - wasn't PERSONAL. The attacks on Jason were personal.

David Cook also actually was allowed to sing before they shredded him.

This result is going to be very bad for the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 7:20 pm

I haven't seen it yet, but Abrahammy.............you worded it perfectly.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 7:35 pm

For the first time in 7 seasons I really feel like I may be done with the show.

There was such lack of respect for DC tonight, after all he has brought to the show and all that is going on with his family, and his dying brother there and they treat him like SHIT! AND he did NOTHING wrong! He sang great. He looked great. He didn't forget words or sing off or anything. All they did was treat him like nothing and act like Archie was the greatest thing to happen EVER!

Even my mom (who likes both of the Davids very much) thought it was horrible! She is so mad at the judges for both the OTT praise and the disrespect for DC.

Well, I am back to voting. It is so hard to get any votes in the first hour. I have only gotten through once so far. I just may stay up until midnight after all! Mad
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 8:30 pm

There is hope. Dial Idol has Archie in RED.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 8:39 pm

Yes, but DI doesn't count text votes. ZabaSearch will be the real teller. I don't know what time tomorrow ZabaSearch will have their prediction up and I will be out all day. That said, DI has never been wrong about the winner. There are still several hours left of voting throughout the country and Hawaii. But I am a little encouraged by DI so far.

I have not gotten through more than about 15 votes so far. Tons of busy signals on all the lines. I have been such a wreck my hubby said "I wish you would stop watching that stupid show! It just upsets you!" Laughing Yes it does!!

It also worries me that a lot of people on the DC board I go to are getting dead air. The only other times I remember that being an issue were with Clay and Constantine and we all know how that work out Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:42 pm

Right now DI has Cook way ahead and ZabaSearch has Archie way ahead. So who knows. I would be OK with DC losing if he was shown the respect he deserved tonight. Now if he loses he also has to live with the way he was treated. Maybe this show really does need to go away. Why can't the judges be fair and decent like on DWTS?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next